Oral minoxidil, too much regrowth? Pics included. Please read

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
perfect result bro!
no hypertrichosis on the body from 5 mg?
do you think i could get good result with 1.25 mg?
Still no water retention / weight gain/ trouble sleeping from it? still using both topical+oral?

rapper dude

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have some dark circles around my eyes but no bags, although I've always had those.
I've had some shedding in the beginning. And I'm 24
How long did shedding last and how many months before you saw hair growth

rapper dude

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
perfect result bro!
Still no water retention / weight gain/ trouble sleeping from it? still using both topical+oral?
Has to be better than nothing

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have some dark circles around my eyes but no bags, although I've always had those.
I've had some shedding in the beginning. And I'm 24
thanks for your answer you look like you got a great skin quality aswell but did you noticeed more forehead wrinkles or rly nothing?

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
perfect result bro!
I lightly use topical just a tiny bit now and not much body hair growth. And no other sides. I really think you'll see some results with 1.25mg.

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long did shedding last and how many months before you saw hair growth
About a month or 2 of shedding when I first started. But the shedding wasn't as bad as I was using topical beforehand The explosive hair growth was at month 6. Depending on how far gone the follicle is, it may take longer or sonner for the regrowth.

Pentanol

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you buy it from goodstuffstore they disguise it as a gift with wrapping.
I have no personal experience with the brand from the goodstuffstore, but for those curious about the legitimacy of the brand sold by Alldaychemist & ReliableRx (sister companies, I believe), the brand Lonitab is legitimate. This is the only brand I have chemically tested outside of the United States, from the manufacturer, Intas, using liquid chromatography at our lab.

10 individual tablets of Lonitab 5mg produced the following, on average >|

Inactive ingredients:
sodium starch glycolate, docusate sodium, anhydrous lactose, magnesium stearate, sodium benzoate, and microcrystalline cellulose.

Active Ingredients:
OM 3.94 mg; +/- 1.27 mg

I ran this test a few years ago when I was unable to find a willing physician to prescribe the medication, and wanted to be sure of the version produced by Intas. One thing to note is the average tablet in the 10-pack contained a concentration closer to 4 mg than 5 mg, with the average standard deviation being just over 1 mg. For reference, the standard variance between sibling tablets in one container is usually less than .05 mg in the United States as mandated by USP. Clearly, the I.P. in India is much more lax regarding the molecular concentration of medication, but as long as the pill is not split, one can expect to receive a dosage close to the one listed.

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have no personal experience with the brand from the goodstuffstore, but for those curious about the legitimacy of the brand sold by Alldaychemist & ReliableRx (sister companies, I believe), the brand Lonitab is legitimate. This is the only brand I have chemically tested outside of the United States, from the manufacturer, Intas, using liquid chromatography at our lab.

10 individual tablets of Lonitab 5mg produced the following, on average >|

Inactive ingredients:
sodium starch glycolate, docusate sodium, anhydrous lactose, magnesium stearate, sodium benzoate, and microcrystalline cellulose.

Active Ingredients:
OM 3.94 mg; +/- 1.27 mg

I ran this test a few years ago when I was unable to find a willing physician to prescribe the medication, and wanted to be sure of the version produced by Intas. One thing to note is the average tablet in the 10-pack contained a concentration closer to 4 mg than 5 mg, with the average standard deviation being just over 1 mg. For reference, the standard variance between sibling tablets in one container is usually less than .05 mg in the United States as mandated by USP. Clearly, the I.P. in India is much more lax regarding the molecular concentration of medication, but as long as the pill is not split, one can expect to receive a dosage close to the one listed.
I switched from lontitab to loxidil forte. So far it works. I'm interested to see that brand examined.

Pentanol

My Regimen
Reaction score
I switched from lontitab to loxidil forte. So far it works. I'm interested to see that brand examined.
Perhaps I will take a look at testing the Loxidil Forte brand when I get some free time in the coming months.

It is very unfortunate that many suffering from hair loss who would like to give OM a trial have to resort to procuring the drug from online pharmacies at exorbitant prices. In my state, the generic 90 tablets of Loniten 2.5mg costs $16.43 and the 10mg is $28.58 for a 90 day supply.

Given its proven tolerability, I deliberated on why the MedicalWellnessCenter has not offered OM since they are willing to prescribe a variety of off-label hair loss treatments that are backed by low-quality studies examining both efficacy and tolerability. Then I recognized how costly adding OM would be to the compounding pharmacy that is partnered with MWC. Despite research demonstrating high-density topical minoxidil is outperformed by the 5% concentration, the compounding pharmacy Murray Avenue Apothecary makes a wealth of money charging outrageous prices for 15% or even 30% topical minoxidil, and unethically states this concentration is proven to outperform the OTC version. If anyone reading this is buying high concentration topical minoxidil from Murray Avenue Apothecary, please save yourself your hard-earned money. The skin is permeable, but only to a certain extent because like a highway, chemical species compete to get to their destination. In higher concentrations, skin saturation is reached very quickly. Like a car pile-up, chemical species become inactivated and sealed off from the skin due to shriveling sister compounds literally stacking on top of each other and forming a seal on top of the skin. At an absurd 30% concentration, the majority of the solution piles at the upper layer of skin, causing degradation of tissue (wrinkling) and scalp inflammation. In my personal opinion, this result is worse than that of low-dose oral minoxidil.

OM is not for everyone, but those willing to accept the risks should be given a convenient source that is both cost and time efficient.

Last edited:

Sir Gilgamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity has anyone else experienced regrowth similar to this from oral minoxidil or is this just simply a case of the OP being a hyper responder?

In regards to the question I’d much rather be a werewolf if it was simply the hair on my head and facial hair. If it was hair all over my body I don’t think the question would be as simple.

It might seem inconvenient, but if you were to get certain parts of your face waxed along with your eyebrows plucked about once or twice a month it would definitely help with the excess hair. Both of those can be done professionally or by yourself if you’re comfortable with it along with the laser hair removal surgery you mentioned being a possible option as well.

In the end to each their own I guess the only opinion on this that matters is your own. Would you rather be bald or have excess hair?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Out of curiosity has anyone else experienced regrowth similar to this from oral minoxidil or is this just simply a case of the OP being a hyper responder?

In regards to the question I’d much rather be a werewolf if it was simply the hair on my head and facial hair. If it was hair all over my body I don’t think the question would be as simple.

It might seem inconvenient, but if you were to get certain parts of your face waxed along with your eyebrows plucked about once or twice a month it would definitely help with the excess hair. Both of those can be done professionally or by yourself if you’re comfortable with it along with the laser hair removal surgery you mentioned being a possible option as well.

In the end to each their own I guess the only opinion on this that matters is your own. Would you rather be bald or have excess hair?

I haven't had hair growing on my forehead etc like the OP. I have been taking oral minoxidil since 2018. As low as 5mg and as high as 20mg. I use loxidil forte same as OP.

Sir Gilgamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
I haven't had hair growing on my forehead etc like the OP. I have been taking oral minoxidil since 2018. As low as 5mg and as high as 20mg. I use loxidil forte same as OP.
Have you had solid regrowth at least? I’m tempted to give it a try in the next couple months. Definitely have the common worries such as potential effects on the heart, a massive shed without improvement, or crazy amounts of body hair.