On The Topic Of Hair Systems And The Toxicity Of Adhesives, Tape Etc

ABloke112

My Regimen
Reaction score
Glues are simple things: they consist of 2 components: the solvent and the film maker. Acrylate polymer as the film maker then and water is the solvent. Polymer means the molecule's size is huge -- it cannot penetrate the skin. You cannot push huge objects into the blood stream. They just won't fit in.

Got2b is different though of course -- full of chemicals.
I read some stuff earlier about how the monomers that are still sometimes present in low quantities in the polymers, are toxic, and can enter the skin, however they would pretty much always be in too low concentration to be harmful. How come they aren't harmful unless they are over a certain concentration though? Would it not still build up in your body over time, or is it just way more complicated than that?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
So this statement just applies to ghost bond right? Can this statement be applied to all adhesives? Or just water based
Water based liquid adhesives yes. Solvent based adhesives have some kind of solvent quite probably does absorb the skin.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I read some stuff earlier about how the monomers that are still sometimes present in low quantities in the polymers, are toxic, and can enter the skin, however they would pretty much always be in too low concentration to be harmful. How come they aren't harmful unless they are over a certain concentration though? Would it not still build up in your body over time, or is it just way more complicated than that?
Your kidneys and liver are working on detoxifying you 24/7, so I doubt they build up. What helps is attaching as rarely as possible. With Got2b you do it every day and are exposed over and over again to the chemicals. After the glue has formed and everything either evaporated or absorbed, there's not much danger left. The glue in its solid form definitely doesn't do anything.

ABloke112

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your kidneys and liver are working on detoxifying you 24/7, so I doubt they build up. What helps is attaching as rarely as possible. With Got2b you do it every day and are exposed over and over again to the chemicals. After the glue has formed and everything either evaporated or absorbed, there's not much danger left. The glue in its solid form definitely doesn't do anything.
I have heard that as ghost bond is water based then it often can re-liquify when it gets wet, would this mean more of it gets absorbed? I'm not sure if you can wash your "hair" when you are using ghost bond tbh.

Also, if it's mainly dependant on how much you get in your system at once, why does the concentration matter, would the volume not be more important, as even if it's very low concentration, if you put a lot of it on, you would still be getting a large volume.

Last edited:

BaldAndBalder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you dont trust those glu you can get madical grade glu, you're sure to be on the safe side with those

BaldAndBalder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are most of these glues not classed as medical grade though? Do you know of any safer ones.

I highly doubt that brands like Walker, Ghostbond, or anyother hairsystem glue have even been tested, they don't even list the components which i find dodgy as hell. It could be made out of camel spunk for all we know.

You can get medical grade adesive and test it for yourself, there are also water based glue for kids which are obviously non toxic, you can give it a try toi.

ABloke112

My Regimen
Reaction score
I highly doubt that brands like Walker, Ghostbond, or anyother hairsystem glue have even been tested, they don't even list the components which i find dodgy as hell. It could be made out of camel spunk for all we know.

You can get medical grade adesive and test it for yourself, there are also water based glue for kids which are obviously non toxic, you can give it a try toi.
Which ones would you recommend? I'm not sure if there are medical grade glues for this purpose. I suppose it doesn't really matter if a glue used to close wounds or something is toxic if used for years and years, as it never would be.

Tbh if I could find a glue that is 100% non toxic, but isn't really that good and need to be reapplied every day, that would be great, as I have think I would probably want to wash my head every day or 2 days anyway.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
You seem to have big trust into medicine. Everything in medicine comes with side-effects. It's a game of risks and gains. If you are not using something for its intended purpose and only for that short duration and intended time you are taking risks noone can even imagine. Why not take medical grade finasteride then? Chances actually are it's going to work great.

We are putting on those glues for 24/7 for 50 years for a cosmetic reason, not closing a wound to stop bloodloss to save someone's life. If it's about closing a wound, stopping hemorrhage and saving someone's life just for that moment, noone gives a sh*t about the method's cancerogenity over decades. On the contrary, I would take the words "medical grade" as a warning not to use it.

ABloke112

My Regimen
Reaction score
You seem to have big trust into medicine. Everything in medicine comes with side-effects. It's a game of risks and gains. If you are not using something for its intended purpose you are taking risks noone can even imagine. Why not take medical grade finasteride then? Chances actually are it's going to work great.
I don't want to take finasteride as a lot of people seem to say they got serious side effects. There's no point for me, I would always be worried I was going to get side effects, at that point I may as well just let myself go bald and be depressed because of that, it sucks but I just wanna be safe. That's why I'm trying to find out as much as I can about these glues. I know all medication can have side effects but most medication is taken because it's needed to stop another illness or problem, with this it isn't, I'm not going to die if I don't do any of this stuff, so I want to make sure it's safe before I do it.

That's why I'm wondering about things like the glue liquefying and being absorbed again, just trying to cover all potential problems.Do you think that would be an issue? If the glue doesn't set properly or keeps getting wet from sweat, could the skin constantly be absorbing chemicals, instead of just when it's first applied?

BaldAndBalder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Which ones would you recommend? I'm not sure if there are medical grade glues for this purpose. I suppose it doesn't really matter if a glue used to close wounds or something is toxic if used for years and years, as it never would be.

Tbh if I could find a glue that is 100% non toxic, but isn't really that good and need to be reapplied every day, that would be great, as I have think I would probably want to wash my head every day or 2 days anyway.

You can start by trying non toxic glue for kids, i don't know if its good enought for lace but i think it should work for poly. And if kids can eat it without dying its safe to assume you can put it on your scalp safely.

Alternatively, you could go for medical suff like https://www.amazon.com/Ferndale-Laboratories-0523-15-Mastisol-Adhesive/dp/B07CYGBT9B/ref=pd_sbs_121_7?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07CYGBT9B&pd_rd_r=f94a01ec-b474-456f-8188-63da7418b2af&pd_rd_w=9MSUN&pd_rd_wg=0lKRV&pf_rd_p=b65ee94e-1282-43fc-a8b1-8bf931f6dfab&pf_rd_r=2AR8G5VHMHJM9V5X77X4&psc=1&refRID=2AR8G5VHMHJM9V5X77X4#descriptionAndDetails
i can't say you'll be able to remove your hair system after, seems like really strong stuff

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can start by trying non toxic glue for kids, i don't know if its good enought for lace but i think it should work for poly. And if kids can eat it without dying its safe to assume you can put it on your scalp safely.

Alternatively, you could go for medical suff like https://www.amazon.com/Ferndale-Laboratories-0523-15-Mastisol-Adhesive/dp/B07CYGBT9B/ref=pd_sbs_121_7?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07CYGBT9B&pd_rd_r=f94a01ec-b474-456f-8188-63da7418b2af&pd_rd_w=9MSUN&pd_rd_wg=0lKRV&pf_rd_p=b65ee94e-1282-43fc-a8b1-8bf931f6dfab&pf_rd_r=2AR8G5VHMHJM9V5X77X4&psc=1&refRID=2AR8G5VHMHJM9V5X77X4#descriptionAndDetails
i can't say you'll be able to remove your hair system after, seems like really strong stuff
Medical grade just means its approved for medical applications, not that it has no chemicals or it's safe for long term use.

ABloke112

My Regimen
Reaction score
Medical grade just means its approved for medical applications, not that it has no chemicals or it's safe for long term use.
Do you think the kids glue would be even safer than ghost bond? I'm not sure if it would stick,

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are you all assuming that just because something is a "chemical" it is automatically bad.

Lots of assumptions are being made based on NO proof, or science.

Again... if you are afraid of the "chemicals" don't wear a hair system.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Why are you all assuming that just because something is a "chemical" it is automatically bad.

Because for some reason glues' ingredients are not listed on the product's label as usually in case of cosmetic products.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

That was my original question and you saw the reply about the 60% is absorbed in 26 seconds. I personally do not know what to think. I asked my doctor and dermatologist and both thought a very low amount my make it into the body. Who knows..

ABloke112

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nah, same kind of thing. Just keep in mind everything is gonna have a risk. Pills? Fibers? Transplant? All have risk

I'm not, I have looked into some of these chemicals thta are in the hair systems, some of them seem a bit questionable.
That was my original question and you saw the reply about the 60% is absorbed in 26 seconds. I personally do not know what to think. I asked my doctor and dermatologist and both thought a very low amount my make it into the body. Who knows..
Was your doctor talking about ghost bond, or just glues in general?