On The Topic Of Hair Systems And The Toxicity Of Adhesives, Tape Etc

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not, I have looked into some of these chemicals thta are in the hair systems, some of them seem a bit questionable.

Was your doctor talking about ghost bond, or just glues in general?
In general

BaldAndBalder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Medical grade just means its approved for medical applications, not that it has no chemicals or it's safe for long term use.

Everything has chemicals in it dude, and if its approuved medically it means it has been well tested.

The problem with haisystem glu isn't that it has chemicals in it, its the fact that we don't know what those chemicals are.
infact that kind of practice is illegal in Europe, you can't sell a product without saying what its made of

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not, I have looked into some of these chemicals thta are in the hair systems, some of them seem a bit questionable.

Was your doctor talking about ghost bond, or just glues in general?

What "chemicals" are in hair systems?

ABloke112

My Regimen
Reaction score
What "chemicals" are in hair systems?
A copolymer of Acrylate is the worrying chemical in ghost bond. If you looks up the MSDS sheet that lists the chemicals which could be dangerous.

We are talking about potentially toxic chemicals though, as people have been pointing out, everything contains "chemicals".

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
A copolymer of Acrylate is the worrying chemical in ghost bond. If you looks up the MSDS sheet that lists the chemicals which could be dangerous.

We are talking about potentially toxic chemicals though, as people have been pointing out, everything contains "chemicals".

Are you a scientist or health-care professional that has training in this field... are you just coming to your own conclusion?

BTYW

Arsenic, in your food!

• Seafood: Fish, shrimp, shellfish and other seafood may contain significant amounts of organic arsenic, the less toxic form. However, mussels and certain types of seaweed may contain inorganic arsenic as well .
  • Rice and rice-based foods: Rice accumulates more arsenic than other food crops. In fact, it is the single biggest food source of inorganic arsenic, which is the more toxic form .
High levels of inorganic arsenic have been detected in many rice-based products, such as:

ABloke112

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you a scientist or health-care professional that has training in this field... are you just coming to your own conclusion?

BTYW

Arsenic, in your food!

• Seafood: Fish, shrimp, shellfish and other seafood may contain significant amounts of organic arsenic, the less toxic form. However, mussels and certain types of seaweed may contain inorganic arsenic as well .
  • Rice and rice-based foods: Rice accumulates more arsenic than other food crops. In fact, it is the single biggest food source of inorganic arsenic, which is the more toxic form .
High levels of inorganic arsenic have been detected in many rice-based products, such as:

I'm neither, I have looked this up and researched the chemicals, I'm not just making stuff up.

As for your second point, I already addressed this: risk existing in other parts of life doesn't mean we should be happy to expose ourself to it in another part. As if you believe in that logic then you can say something like "why not smoke 3 packs a day, you could get hit by a bus tomorrow, everything has risks". I don't see the point in us having this argument, if you don't care about a potential cancer risk, just admit that and we can move on. I believe in being more cautious, if you think I'm paranoid and are willing to risk it, fair enough.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm neither, I have looked this up and researched the chemicals, I'm not just making stuff up.

As for your second point, I already addressed this: risk existing in other parts of life doesn't mean we should be happy to expose ourself to it in another part. As if you believe in that logic then you can say something like "why not smoke 3 packs a day, you could get hit by a bus tomorrow, everything has risks". I don't see the point in us having this argument, if you don't care about a potential cancer risk, just admit that and we can move on. I believe in being more cautious, if you think I'm paranoid and are willing to risk it, fair enough.

So the obvious is... don't wear a hair system!

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That isn't really a very good solution though, I wouldn't be here if I didn't mind the idea of going bald. I don't see what is wrong with investigating the chemicals in these glues.
I wouldn't overthink it. All you can do is use the safest adhesive.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Which ones would you recommend? I'm not sure if there are medical grade glues for this purpose. I suppose it doesn't really matter if a glue used to close wounds or something is toxic if used for years and years, as it never would be.

Tbh if I could find a glue that is 100% non toxic, but isn't really that good and need to be reapplied every day, that would be great, as I have think I would probably want to wash my head every day or 2 days anyway.

Use Got2B if this is your aim.

It's a massively popular hair gel sold over the counter.

OTC products cannot penetrate the dermis by law. Only Rx-grade can.

I'd worry much less about the toxicity of Got2B than I would that of a comparatively obscure wig adhesive sold online & in speciality stores.

It's also incredibly easy to use & allows for removal, which I find necessary.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Everything has chemicals in it dude, and if its approuved medically it means it has been well tested.

The problem with haisystem glu isn't that it has chemicals in it, its the fact that we don't know what those chemicals are.
infact that kind of practice is illegal in Europe, you can't sell a product without saying what its made of
Medical grade means it's only justified to use for true medical problems and emergiencies. You don't risk using medical stuff for just fun.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Use Got2B if this is your aim.

It's a massively popular hair gel sold over the counter.

OTC products cannot penetrate the dermis by law. Only Rx-grade can.

I'd worry much less about the toxicity of Got2B than I would that of a comparatively obscure wig adhesive sold online & in speciality stores.

It's also incredibly easy to use & allows for removal, which I find necessary.
Wtf? Have you read the ingredient list on Got2b?