Oh-flutamide- The Active Metabolite Of Flutamide; A Better Ru58841?

Thomas Lu

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone , as I live in Hong Kong, I can easily get quotation from the suppliers in alibaba. Below is the detail:

Hydroxyflutamide
Quantity:25mg Price: USD315 for 25mg including shipping cost
Quantity:100mg Price: USD810 for 100mg including shipping cost

packing: 25mg or 100mg
Delivery time: stock
Payment: only t/t in advance
price Validity: one week

According to @hemingway_the_mercenary , daily dose should be between 100mg to 150mg. So amount of the above quotation can't even suffice one day dosage

Anyone have idea whether I am deceived by the supplier or not? Or this is indeed the value of oh flutamide??

Hornetzero

My Regimen
Reaction score
So is anyone going to more upon this product and share some helpful insight? Its not like I can find this product in google and buy it to solve my problems.

@hemingway_the_mercenary, this whole thread is essentially your success story, but you haven't given much feedback or any information on where one can obtain this special formula that you claim works on your hair.

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Many people started it but no feedback?

I've used the Oh-flutamide as a topical and applied it to my scalp. It seemed to have helped reduce shedding by a little but nothing significant, at least for me. It was definitely doing something positive, though, and had a similar effect as the Fluridil (topilutamide sold under the brand Eucapil) I've been using. My hair loss has been pretty aggressive which is probably why nothing I've tried has been that effective. I would recommend trying Eucapil first as it's less expensive and commercially available.

So is anyone going to more upon this product and share some helpful insight? Its not like I can find this product in google and buy it to solve my problems.

@hemingway_the_mercenary, this whole thread is essentially your success story, but you haven't given much feedback or any information on where one can obtain this special formula that you claim works on your hair.

We purchased this from a lab in China as a group buy because this stuff isn't available commercially. Not sure if the guys are doing another group buy especially because of what's going on in China right now. Read my response above for more info.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've used the Oh-flutamide as a topical and applied it to my scalp. It seemed to have helped reduce shedding by a little but nothing significant, at least for me. It was definitely doing something positive, though, and had a similar effect as the Fluridil (topilutamide sold under the brand Eucapil) I've been using. My hair loss has been pretty aggressive which is probably why nothing I've tried has been that effective. I would recommend trying Eucapil first as it's less expensive and commercially available.

We purchased this from a lab in China as a group buy because this stuff isn't available commercially. Not sure if the guys are doing another group buy especially because of what's going on in China right now. Read my response above for more info.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Some questions:

How long did you use it?
In which concentration did you use it?
Which vehicle?

Last edited:

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your feedback.

Some questions:

How long did you use it?
In which concentration did you use it?
Which vehicle?

I think I used it for a couple months or so and was using up to 30 mgs./mL (I applied around 2.5 - 3 mL once per day). The vehicle I used was around 70/30 ethanol to distilled water ratio, with a little bit of polyethylene glycol (PEG). I'll admit that I might have gotten better results if I had a better vehicle, but unfortunately I didn't want to use propylene glycol because that stuff wrecks my scalp and gives me HORRIBLE dandruff.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think I used it for a couple months or so and was using up to 30 mgs./mL (I applied around 2.5 - 3 mL once per day). The vehicle I used was around 70/30 ethanol to distilled water ratio, with a little bit of polyethylene glycol (PEG). I'll admit that I might have gotten better results if I had a better vehicle, but unfortunately I didn't want to use propylene glycol because that stuff wrecks my scalp and gives me HORRIBLE dandruff.

Have you wver tried RU? Thank you very much, that helps a lot. :)

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you wver tried RU? Thank you very much, that helps a lot. :)

I've tried the premixed version from the Kane shop years ago and felt it wasn't doing anything then I found out that it is best to purchase the raw powder and mix it yourself either daily or batches that will last a few days in order to maximize potency. Either RU doesn't work for me or the premixed solution I used lost it's effectiveness as it might have been sitting on the shelf for a long time before I purchased it. I was considering buying the powder instead, but I'm not really sure since there seems to be mixed reviews regarding RU.

Screeech

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How much have people who have used in the past paid for oh-flut?

Just wondering what a good price is off Alibaba...

Oligoelement

My Regimen
Reaction score
Weren't they comparing topical finasteride with flutamide in the results you posted @hemingway_the_mercenary? As far as I know, anecdotal data has shown that topical versions of dutasteride and finasteride aren't very effective. Wouldn't this make the results you have posted pretty useless? Do you have any comparing it to oral finasteride? One last thing, how have you compared the effectiveness of RU and OH-flut?

alopeciaphobia

My Regimen
Reaction score
OH-flutamide, however, is much less liver toxic
This is patently false:

Bicalutamide was not found to be a mitochondrial toxicant, yet flutamide and 2-hydroxyflutamide significantly reduced basal and maximal respiration. Both flutamide and 2-hydroxyflutamide significantly reduced respiratory complex I-linked respiration, though 2-hydroxyflutamide also significantly decreased complex II and V-linked respiration; liabilities not demonstrated by the parent compound. This study has identified for the first time, the additional mitochondrial liabilities of the major metabolite, 2-hydroxyflutamide compared with its parent drug, flutamide. Given the rapid production of this metabolite upon administration of flutamide, but not bicalutamide, we propose that the additional mitochondrial toxicity of 2-hydroxyflutamide may fundamentally contribute to the idiosyncratic DILI seen in flutamide-treated, but not bicalutamide-treated patients.

Maybe hydroxyflutamide can still be useful because it's effective at a lower topical dose due to being the correct molecule right when it's absorbed by the scalp. But there isn't any data on how stable the molecule is either in powdered form or in a hydroalcoholic solution, or about it's transcutaneous permeability. For all we know it might be a similar case to minoxidil sulphate, which seems good on paper, but just not necessarily useful.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, this brings back bad memories. I was part of the group buy and can confirm that hydroxyflutamide, applied topically, does not work for me.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will go back and check. I recorded all details of my regimen. From memory though, I think I started at 25 mg 2-OH-F per topical application and then increased to 50 mg per application. Each application volume was between 1.5 and 2.0 mL in Rogaine solution.

alopeciaphobia

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will go back and check. I recorded all details of my regimen. From memory though, I think I started at 25 mg 2-OH-F per topical application and then increased to 50 mg per application. Each application volume was between 1.5 and 2.0 mL in Rogaine solution.
Interesting. That's even higher than topical flutamide dosages that have shown efficacy: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35152531/

...which according to the OPs theory should be LESS effective!