Oh-flutamide- The Active Metabolite Of Flutamide; A Better Ru58841?

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
OH-flutamide is the active metabolite of flutamide which is perhaps the most popular oral anti-androgen with the shortest half-life. Orally flutamide can be taken up to 750mg per day and it can be moderately liver toxic at such high dosages.

OH-flutamide, however, is much less liver toxic and has great potential for hairloss. It has the shortest half-life of all FDA approved drugs. Its half-life is around 5-6 hours but due to its weaker binding affinity than testosterone, it causes almost no effects unless present in much higher concentrations than testosterone.

For this reason, it can be used in the scalp to produce a local effect but cause minimal systemic side effects. Typically scalp absorption peaks at around 16 (depending on the study and vehicle) hours providing for relatively sustained release of the drug applied

jf4f1Wc.png

Not many people studied into flutamide enough to know that OH-flut is actually the active component of the drug and can only be converted by the liver. Flutamide in its base form is almost inactive compared to OH-flutamide HOWEVER a few studies for hairloss actually compared flutamide in its base from topically with finasteride.

This study actually showed that flutamide in its base form topically was slightly more effective than finasteride when used topically which begs the question, just how effective would OH-flut have been...

QBHwbW6.png

79uAcdK.png

Additionally, studies have shown that it's able to decrease prostate weight by more than finasteride which means it was able to reduce androgenic gene expression to a greater extent. Thus we can conclude that it will be more effective than finasteride for hair loss.

A9Vws9c.png

Unlike RU58841 OH-flutamide is actually the active metabolite of an FDA approved drug and its risks and side effects are very extensively researched. There is no worry of cardiotoxicity or potentially being carcinogenic with OH-flut as is often a cause for concern with RU58841

Anecdotally speaking, I have suggested topical bicalutamide to a few people and 3/4 of them reported great success up to 12 weeks whereas they were not fully responding to finasteride. They since have not logged back into these forums so I haven't been able to follow up with them, but I'm going to assume they're doing great and living their lives.

Bicalutamide, however, has a ~6 day half life making topical treatment very difficult due to the systemic build up. OH-flut is essentially the shorter twin to bicalutamide as it has a half-life of around 6 hours making topical use much more realistic.

From this we can theorize that OH-flut topically possibly can be an effective and potentially better treatment than finasteride for hairloss and it may even be helpfull for those who are unfortunate enough to not fully respond to finasteride.

As far as dosage, it would most probably require at most 100-150 mg per day for full scalp coverage.

Last edited:

hailbrotzu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great post. I am interested in trying this stuff. Would you apply twice a day since the half life is short or would once a day be enough? Whats the best way to get this stuff? Would we have to contact like wuhan or some Chinese lab?

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great post. I am interested in trying this stuff. Would you apply twice a day since the half life is short or would once a day be enough? Whats the best way to get this stuff? Would we have to contact like wuhan or some Chinese lab?

I think even once a day application for like 10 hours would be huge due to the sustained release but its hard to predict these things. Wed have to contact labs to see who could offer it for a reasonable price.

el_duterino

Reaction score
worthless drug, 5-6 is not a short half life. RU is 1 hour ...and can give side effects
I used flutamide topical in gel form and had sides.

This is very old stuff from the early 1970's..not worth the effort since we have clascoterone now

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
worthless drug, 5-6 is not a short half life. RU is 1 hour ...and can give side effects
I used flutamide topical in gel form and had sides.

This is very old stuff from the early 1970's..not worth the effort since we have clascoterone now

Hate to say this but youre one of the most ingorant members on this forum.

RU58841 does not work for most people who try it and is not nearly as proven as an AA as oh-flut. Its also not FDA approved, and it was dropped by drug companies

You used flutamide topically which shows how uninformed you are as I already explained it would have very little local action compared to Oh-flut and would then be converted to Oh-flut by the liver once it goes systemic. So you got almost none of the benefit with more side effects

CB is a very weak drug and has to be used at 7.5% twice per day just to be comparable in total hair count increase to 1mg oral finasteride

but again of course someone with essensially the least aggressive form of hairloss who responds to RU will not need to use this drug

Chemichal Castration

My Regimen
Reaction score
We definitely need new alternatives to address the whole Androgenetic Alopecia issue. I'll be following this thread closely.
Thanks for your effort hem, lets hope people can get on board with this

peewee

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Ru isn’t cutting it for me anymore and I’m interested in this alternative.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In theory, this compound should not be expensive or difficult to synthesize, so it comes down to demand. I'm sure many of us have wasted money on RU and other things that have failed to deliver. It's time to move on. I've read about OH-flutamide; the science supports the notion that this compound, if used topically, could be very effective without systemic effects. I'd be willing to participate in a group buy for the greater good of this community. Let's stop waiting for Big Pharma to treat our Androgenetic Alopecia and give this a go.

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any ideas of who to contact to make this stuff?

Maybe lyphar or Wuhan. Maybe even Kane but I’m not sure if he would be able

Price depends on the lab. In theory it should be pretty easy to synthesize. Flutamide powder is available for a few dollars per gram.

Last edited:

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds good- would be interested in buying some
Also I remember you saying there was a group going for people non respondent to Finasteride? If that’s the case can I join?
Idea of taking dutasteride doesn’t sit well with me

send me a pm of your story and current condition and ill send u an invite

AndrewU

My Regimen
Reaction score
How would one go about making OH-flutamide or go about requesting it to be synthesised?