Official Hellouser to Miami Hair Congress 2015 Fund

kigoma

Reaction score
This forum is without a doubt the best hair loss forum out there and the least biased one (and I have been visiting hair loss forums on and off for over 12 years).

Admin/Kevin, thanks a lot for your large donation towards Hellouser's trip.

FWIW

Established Member
Reaction score
Hellouser will you be showing swisstemples results to Dr. Cotsarelis as his approach and results are based on Cotsarelis findings?

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Showing swisstemples's progress might just spur them to work even faster to release it in the near future.

username425

Reaction score
I think it's a interesting ideia. The ''amateur'' circle of hair loss forums is huge and there is lots of people trying experimental approaches based on basic scientific research. I don't know how much the researchers working in this field are aware of the dimension that this whole thing got. It's definetely a curious topic in its own, and probably would yield nice discussions if addressed in formal congress discussions since, after all, here in the foruns we have essentially a huge corpus of anedoctal information that could - and should - be systematized into data. Maybe interesting insights may emerge from that. Anyway, I'm curious of what would Dr. Cotsarelis say about swiss's endeavor!

I echo these sentiments.

I have stressed from the start that we live in a different era now. It's 2015, we have never had such a vast variety of information so readily accessible and able to be dissected so quickly.

All facets of our lives are changing rapidly, but the collaboration of "amateur" hair loss sufferers is really unparalleled. You have thousands of people who are all suffering through something many would do drastic things to change, the general public does not care about, and big pharmacy struggling to push ahead and innovate in an already painfully slow-moving industry.

Showing the progress, and more importantly, the theory - of a genetically disposed positive feedback loop between PGD2/PGE2 - may yield at the very least, as Camundongo says, "nice discussions".

This may be the millennial in me speaking though.

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
We should come up with 5 solid questions to ask these researchers incase they don't want a Q&A session. Give them a sheet of paper with the questions and 3 email addresses incasesomeone can't read.
1. What technology are we lacking for a cure. What's the missing piece?
2. Would a hair loss product be delivered oral, topical or at a client (wounding)
3. What's your theory to cure hair loss

You get the idea. This is a huge opportunity to get pieces of a puzzle.

Also it's great we got donations but it's falling way short of expectations. $10 something, anything. Heck, we wanted to fund a cure and we struggle to get someone to the arena.

shivers20

Established Member
Reaction score
Ask Dr Cots what are the levels of PGD2 in early versus late Androgenetic Alopecia? Thanks

efedrez

Reaction score
Someone posted on BTT, but it was only up for short period before Winston deleted it and closed the thread.

I posted the information on BTT but Winston sent me a message indicating that they will not open an exception this year and the the post was deleted

It's a bit frustrating that this year we are not getting as many contributions considering the congress will be much more promising this time

We still have time but almost 50% to collect

Renee1

Reaction score
I posted the information on BTT but Winston sent me a message indicating that they will not open an exception this year and the the post was deleted

It's a bit frustrating that this year we are not getting as many contributions considering the congress will be much more promising this time

We still have time but almost 50% to collect

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Because *********talk does not want to see cure for hair loss and frankly they are more interested in receiving traffic. Hence I hope hellouser does not post any info from the congress on *********talk. [/COLOR]

what

Established Member
Reaction score
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Because *********talk does not want to see cure for hair loss and frankly they are more interested in receiving traffic. Hence I hope hellouser does not post any info from the congress on *********talk. [/COLOR]

I agree, Winston is a complete doosh and is now actively trying inhibit progress. That site is in the pockets of the hair transplant docs, make no mistake about it. Hopefully people come to realize this sooner than later and that place gets left in the dust.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
BTT don't want you talking about new research and treatments. They want you to lose hair so you have to get a transplant from one of their certified docs. Then you've got HLH which is stuck in 1992 with a server probably powered by coal to keep up with 18 hits a month. This site is the best of the public forums.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Did people on BTT get the message too? What about Hair Loss Experiences? All hair loss forums for that matter.

We need to spread this message as much as possible. But I know some forums won't allow fundraising topics.

I'll go spread the message on HerAlopecia! Not expecting much of a response there, but every little penny matters.

- - - Updated - - -

I've posted a thread on HerAlopecia now, hopefully it won't be deleted.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Thanks Evil!

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I plan to make a second donation if Hellouser falls short.

EvilLocks, I thought about posting it on HerAlopecia but figured I'd be met with the same comments ("There are more important things than hair loss to donate to") as when I asked why female celebrities with hair loss don't make large donations to hair loss researchers. I commented on your post, which will hopefully get the ball rolling.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
***UPDATE: Wed. Oct. 21***
I've sent a bit of a lengthy email to Dr. Angela Christiano today explaining the cause and asking for permission to record some of the presentations. Please keep your fingers crossed for this, I really hope we're given the green light on this! This is essentially the most important aspect of our initiative. Thanks everyone!

Also, we've been able to raise $2,130 as of today! Thanks again to everyone for all the contributions!

EvilLocks

Reaction score
I plan to make a second donation if Hellouser falls short.

EvilLocks, I thought about posting it on HerAlopecia but figured I'd be met with the same comments ("There are more important things than hair loss to donate to") as when I asked why female celebrities with hair loss don't make large donations to hair loss researchers. I commented on your post, which will hopefully get the ball rolling.

Me too, I've already made a donation of 150$ but I guess I can donate some more if he falls short. However I believe the goal will be reached, as long as we spread the message and help keep this thread relevant.

I saw your comment on HA, but no surprise nobody else has commented yet. I really hope some of those women will get their head of their ****s and donate, and not just live in their dream world of complimenting each others wigs etc.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
We should come up with 5 solid questions to ask these researchers incase they don't want a Q&A session. Give them a sheet of paper with the questions and 3 email addresses incasesomeone can't read.
1. What technology are we lacking for a cure. What's the missing piece?
2. Would a hair loss product be delivered oral, topical or at a client (wounding)
3. What's your theory to cure hair loss

You get the idea. This is a huge opportunity to get pieces of a puzzle.

Also it's great we got donations but it's falling way short of expectations. $10 something, anything. Heck, we wanted to fund a cure and we struggle to get someone to the arena.

I think I'll need to have generic questions aside for all the researchers. I'll let you guys decide what you want asked.

- - - Updated - - -

Ask Dr Cots what are the levels of PGD2 in early versus late Androgenetic Alopecia? Thanks

Added!

- - - Updated - - -

I'll go spread the message on HerAlopecia! Not expecting much of a response there, but every little penny matters.

- - - Updated - - -

I've posted a thread on HerAlopecia now, hopefully it won't be deleted.

Thank you!!