OFF TOPIC:

The Gardener

Reaction score
I saw the unedited video as well and it is, literally, the most ghastly thing I have ever seen. I saw a video of a carpenter who fell onto some rebar that gouged through him, complete with sound, but this video is worse. He was scared shitless, and very docile-sounding, and when they started the throat slit the scream he let out was unlike any sound I have ever heard a human make.

I suppose that when you are used to Hollywood screams in movies you have a certain preconcieved notion of what kind of a noise a human makes when he first realizes that he is going to die. Well, let me tell you, the un-Hollywood scream, the REAL sound of a human feeling the pain of his own death is nothing like the Hollywood scream. It is far more chilling, more real, not a solid yelp but a sound that had a mixture of emotion in it that was almost palpable, and it was awful. It's one of those primal things that, when you hear it, really gives you an emotional reaction.

I could deal with the video, the visuals... but the screams he made are very hard to get out of my mind.

These are desperate people, and desperate people can be as unpredictable and ferocious as wounded dogs. I think we may see worse.

This is war. The fact that things like this man dying, or anyone who has been killed in this war do not surprise me, such things come with the territory. It is somewhat of a pandora's box. Once a climate of violence has been introduced into an area, such as Iraq, it is hard to keep a lid on it. I hope they somehow manage to curb all this and that something better comes out of it. I think the ordinary Iraqis are being screwed and we better do something good for them if we do manage to bring order there. I mean, it certainly looked like a terrible experience to have your neck slashed, but I can't imagine that having your family killed from being peppered with bomb debris is much nicer, as a few Iraqis could probably attest to. I'm not saying that our intentions were barbaric, but, just reminding myself that stuff like this happens when war happens and we'd better learn to accept it, good, bad, and ugly, do a gut-check, and hope that the final outcome is better than the situation beforehand.

As for Al-Qaeda, screw em. I can't wait for the day that they pull OBL out of his cave... or maybe out of his upscale flat in Karachi?.. and fly him back to New York for his date with the electric chair.

Cassin

Reaction score
Well there is not much I can say to put it better than The Gardener.

The screams in that video kept me up last night. I will never forget those screams. I never knew a human could make such a sound. I have never seen or have read a sentance that puts me in the place of a scene more than those screams did.

I take Solace and that is was somewhat quick.

G

I have not seen what happened and I don't want to. It sounds like anyone who does watch it will have the memory for the rest of their lives. Truly horrific.

These people are not humans. They are animals and they all deserve to die. They use the excuse of the treatment of prisoners held by the US to justify these crimes. Funny how they killed and mutilated a few weeks back. They don't need an excuse. This is what they are fed on during their upbringing.

If they want a war then let's give them one.

regain

Reaction score
I am not excusing what they have done because its absolutely horrific, but I think the Bush administration with their Christian fundamentalist rhetoric, has played this into the hands of Al-Qaida. The treatment of the Iraqi prisoners has been disgusting (to Muslims, one would rather not exist than be shown naked to the public around the world), which included the shooting to death of an eight year old child. Americans being oblivious to the rest of the world do not realise how their attitude is subjecting themselves to so much hate even amongst Europeans. Get rid of the F-----G Bush. But, I am sure Kerry will be the same because his campaign is being funded partly be Jewish Americans thus the Jewish lobby will forever run American government.

Axon

Reaction score
I have to agree to a certain extent. Bush needs to go.

As for Kerry, as incompetent as he seems, I don't think he'll be nearly as war happy, if at all.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
regain said:
with their Christian fundamentalist rhetoric... thus the Jewish lobby will forever run American government.
This isn't an issue of religion. I wish people would stop blaming Christianity when they should be blaming the obvious inability of the person in question to represent Christianity accurately.

If Jesus were here today he would be condemning half of his followers for being terrible examples of the faith he tried to found.

Its an issue of stupid human beings who let their selfishness and self righteousness, greed, conceit, arrogance (and several other human traits that have no place in true christianity) ruin the reputation of the faith they represent.

If people followed Christianity accurately, very few people would be able to find fault with it. The problem is, people look at people instead of at the religion, and in doing so, they get a skewed picture of what the faith is all about. I can assure you the faith presented and lived by Jesus was not the faith 70% of christians live right in front of our eyes. Its *very* different.

In any case, for someone who knows what real Christianity is all about, its glaringly obvious to me that the problem is related to personalities, red tape, and human nature more than anything else.

HairLossTalk.com

almostbald

Reaction score
Bush is the complete anti-thesis of what christ represented, time to kick out bush, i personally hold him responsible for all the deaths of our british and american soldiers!! he has allot to answer for in the day of judgement.

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com, I agree with you 100 percent. At the church I go to most of the people there go to show off their new wardrobe or to gossip. It enrages me how people have scewed religion and how it is being portraid. Half of the people who walk into churches are sinners and feel that if they spend a few minutes praying all their sins will go away and they will be a better person. I think its a matter of people accepting responsibility for what they have done and separating church from state. But we all know that isnt going to happen.

As far as Bush goes, I do think he has done some harm, but Kerry is too much of an idiot. How the heelllllllll did the Democrats support this guy, it really puzzels me. I think Edwards would have done a much better job, but either way we are going to be in for another 4 long years!

On a side note, I do think Bush will be re-elected. He is much more aggressive and I think people want someone like that in office.

As far as Al-Quaida, they need to go. The whole middle east needs to go. Its a huge mess out there and those people are so surpressed is ridiculus. I dont think any of those countries want to see Iraq better off. Imagine if Democracy works out and people see how better things are....that would piss off a few around that area and cause some problems. Oh well, this whole world is just going down the drain. To many people pointing fingers and less unity.

Later all,
Tony

The Gardener

Reaction score
You know, before we all go flying off the handle calling other people 'inhuman' perhaps we should add a little perspective to this.

What if the United States were invaded by swarming Arab armies? That's right, imagine what it would be like if the Arabs bombed our powerplants, our rail infrastructure that carries our food, etc. What if there were Arab soldiers and officers running the occupation from the White House and Capitol, making legislation for us, and running our law enforcement system based on their values. What if there were Arab tanks rolling down our highways, and Arab soldiers on the corners of your main street.

Would you welcome them with open arms? I certainly wouldn't. I'd be fighting them like the bastard I am, doing whatever I can to make their visit in America as miserable and, yes, if I had the opportunity, as bloody as I could. No way in hell I would sit quietly by and let these people run our institutions and tell ME how to live! And yes, if I were desperate enough and really ticked off, I might very well lose it and get primitive on them.

Just something to think about. There are two sides to every coin. Of course I am rooting for OUR side, the US, because I think we present a better long term prospect to Iraq. But I am not at all surprised by the grisliness of the resistance. In fact, I'd recommend we all prepare ourselves and get ready for more. It always darkest before the dawn, when the resistors are at their most desperate state.

hopewas

Reaction score
The Gardener said:
I saw the unedited video as well and it is, literally, the most ghastly thing I have ever seen. I saw a video of a carpenter who fell onto some rebar that gouged through him, complete with sound, but this video is worse. He was scared shitless, and very docile-sounding, and when they started the throat slit the scream he let out was unlike any sound I have ever heard a human make.

I suppose that when you are used to Hollywood screams in movies you have a certain preconcieved notion of what kind of a noise a human makes when he first realizes that he is going to die. Well, let me tell you, the un-Hollywood scream, the REAL sound of a human feeling the pain of his own death is nothing like the Hollywood scream. It is far more chilling, more real, not a solid yelp but a sound that had a mixture of emotion in it that was almost palpable, and it was awful. It's one of those primal things that, when you hear it, really gives you an emotional reaction.

I could deal with the video, the visuals... but the screams he made are very hard to get out of my mind.

These are desperate people, and desperate people can be as unpredictable and ferocious as wounded dogs. I think we may see worse.

This is war. The fact that things like this man dying, or anyone who has been killed in this war do not surprise me, such things come with the territory. It is somewhat of a pandora's box. Once a climate of violence has been introduced into an area, such as Iraq, it is hard to keep a lid on it. I hope they somehow manage to curb all this and that something better comes out of it. I think the ordinary Iraqis are being screwed and we better do something good for them if we do manage to bring order there. I mean, it certainly looked like a terrible experience to have your neck slashed, but I can't imagine that having your family killed from being peppered with bomb debris is much nicer, as a few Iraqis could probably attest to. I'm not saying that our intentions were barbaric, but, just reminding myself that stuff like this happens when war happens and we'd better learn to accept it, good, bad, and ugly, do a gut-check, and hope that the final outcome is better than the situation beforehand.

As for Al-Qaeda, screw em. I can't wait for the day that they pull OBL out of his cave... or maybe out of his upscale flat in Karachi?.. and fly him back to New York for his date with the electric chair.

i saw that video also and it was sad. most of the screams in that video was actually from the audience praising it not nick berg. if you watch it you'll realize that nick berg had no idea what was happenning until he felt the knife. he did scream a little but not much because he died so quick. as soon as the knife slit his throat, it killed him in like a half second. the only good thing i can say is that at least when they did it, he had no clue and they made it quick...he didn't have to anticipate it. that would have been a million times worse to me. it's sad. but even if kerry wins..nothing will change. the war will go on. we can't take troops out of there now because it's too late. if we leave, they'll regroup..become more stronger and make it even worse for us next time. by the way, i have a library of things like this video..iraq officers amputating thieves, etc...i'm used to seeing these things..but it still disturbs me. just the way they held his head to the camera. it's sad. the mistreatment of those iraqi prisoners were the cause of this. if not for that. he wouldn't have been killed like that. they even offered to trade him for iraqi prisoners but they said no. sure those iraqi prisoners were terrorists and killers an were embarassed but obviously they should have known that once the terrorists found out they'd make it ten times worse when they caught american soldiers, etc..the same hate the guy who made this thread has is the same hate they had when they saw how the military treated those prisoners. they just went overboard. maybe because they knew most of the iraqi prisoners. this war will never end. they're everywhere.something to think about if you think your hairloss is the end of the world

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Gardener makes a good point.

While its easy to think of ourselves as liberators, its just as easy us to be seen as hostile invaders.. this is especially true with the prison torture that everyone is now aware of.

What happened to that soldier is terrible. But some of our marines are capable of equal inhumanities.

I would like to see the offenders (of all these crimes) caught and punished, but I dont believe we have the moral high ground. Some of our marines, and our leader Bush, have not behaved in a morally immaculate fasion.

I dont know how good a leader Kerry would be. I dont know why some here have said he's not intelligent, I think that belief is unfounded. Personally I am not excited about the thought of Kerry as our president, but Bush must be removed from office or the global perception of America will be permanently scarred.

The world may forgive us for making mistakes, but not if we stand by them.

Hairybush1

Established Member
Reaction score
I cant believe any of you even watched the video. What was the reason? What was in it that had you so curious to watch another person get their head sawed off?

I think its truely fucked up that you guys saw it neccessary to watch this sh*t. You guys are fucked.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
On a side note, you'd be surprised how much appearance plays a role in who we like as a presidential candidate, when they are relatively "unknown" in all other ways ... without us even realizing it. Think Kerry is a perfect example of this. Think how much more you'd be curious of his track record, cautiously optimistic of his leadership abilities, etc if he had a square jaw, blue eyes, and a winning smile :cough:ronaldregan:cough:johnfkennedy:cough.

Actually, I don't know if i believe this but I like stirring up the pot sometimes. :) Just a little more human psychology to toss into the mix :)

HairLossTalk.com

Cassin

Reaction score
hopewas said:
saw the unedited video as well and it is, literally, i saw that video also and it was sad. most of the screams in that video was actually from the audience praising it not nick berg. if you watch it you'll realize that nick berg had no idea what was happenning until he felt the knife.

Are you sure about that? It was jumpy and I figured they held it to his throat or something first to make him scream. The tone or pitch never changed.

Hairybush1 said:
cant believe any of you even watched the video. What was the reason? What was in it that had you so curious to watch another person get their heads sawed off?

I think its truely fucked up that you guys saw it neccessary to watch this sh*t. You guys are fucked

Some of us saw it before we truely knew what it was. I saw it way before much detail was out about it. When I saw it, there was only speculation. Look at when the first few posts were made on this. Early AM.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me if he was a soldier? I don't beleive he was. Wasn't he a contractor who was trying to rebuild communication towers or something. A few people in this thread have refered to him as a soldier and I just want to make sure my facts or theirs are correct.

Hairybush1

Established Member
Reaction score
BadHairDecade said:
Can someone please tell me if he was a soldier? I don't beleive he was. Wasn't he a contractor who was trying to rebuild communication towers or something. A few people in this thread have refered to him as a soldier and I just want to make sure my facts or theirs are correct.

No he wasnt a soilder, he was a stupid american that didnt leave Iraq when he had the chance. Well, look at him now.

Still doesnt mean people should flock to websites to watch him get decaptitated.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
He was there to do what you said BadHairDecade. Not a soldier. Just a civilian.

HairLossTalk.com