Numerous vitamin supplements?

Jacob

Reaction score
Just as one could pick 500 things off of Iherb or Swanson's and say they could benefit scalp and hair. I was a bit surprised that that was the best they could come up with. :dunno: One could just take Prevagen..at least it may be benefiting your brain.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
Swanson's products are inexpensive, and they look "cheap." Won't buy their stuff either.

IH's supplement line is no doubt more effective than any one of those over-priced laser helmets that they are scamming people with over there. But we've seen all this before over at Regrowth, haven't we. Same tactics.

IH should just stick to supplements.

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
The Natural, since you started taking your supplements, have you had any hair loss at all? How about regrowth?

Jacob

Reaction score
The Natural said:
Swanson's products are inexpensive, and they look "cheap." Won't buy their stuff either.

IH's supplement line is no doubt more effective than any one of those over-priced laser helmets that they are scamming people with over there. But we've seen all this before over at Regrowth, haven't we. Same tactics.

IH should just stick to supplements.

They "look" cheap? :shock: I trust them as much as I trust Jarrow and Enzymatic Therapy etc etc. Nothing wrong with them IMO. I guess one could stay with the branded ingredients products. An example- their new Glutathione Precursor product contains PureWay-C...Setria glutathione...etc. I don't bother with their cheap herbal extracts etc..although they're probably fine for what they're for.

I love fermented goodies...but hate drinking them. Recently started taking their new combo: http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWU547/ItemDetail

IH can't stick to just supplements. I wouldn't be surprised if he even got a transplant. Unless their Youtube AUDIO changes to video very soon...I'm sticking to that theory. For a health 'n hair guru..even his pictures are lame. Kidding..and yet not kidding.

And btw...I was being a bit serious about Prevagen. It does "decalcify".

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
ukmale24 said:
The Natural, since you started taking your supplements, have you had any hair loss at all? How about regrowth?

My hair loss stopped after beginning curcumin, resveratrol, and tocotrienols (which I have since dropped from my regimen) three years ago.

Experience some very light regrowth in the crown and temple areas which has since become thicker with the addition of vitamins, minerals, and a topical.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
Jacob, trust no one :) .

Well, I don't think IH has the money for a hair transplant. Just, what, four or five months ago, members were trying to collect funds for him to buy a laser helmet. Of course, you know how I responded to this request.

And nothing compares to how you see OMG marketing his laser helmet, c'mon: flinging his hair to and fro, all the while, holding a laser helmet, giving one the impression that his hair loss and regrowth came about through laser use, and not from two hair transplants.

Now, that, in and of itself, is disingenuous, but what's worse is that he dispatches his little lackeys, some financially vested, to censor dissenting opinions. Heaven forbid someone has an issue with one of their helmets, but here comes Nidhogge to explain what the user is doing wrong: too much time, too little time, not enough diodes, not enough clay, blah, blah, blah. It's borderline insane and completely ridiculous.

Hey Nid, just state that the friggin' device doesn't work for everyone, instead of qualifying its use every other other day, okidoki.

I'd like to think that IH is nothing like OMG and his minions. But then again, when money is involved, you never know just how a person's objectivity will "evolve."

Rawtashk

Reaction score
You're just spouting ignorance if you think that everyone who takes finasteride is permanently fucked. I did see that the 2nd review was a 10star review:

Benefits: Hair regrowth in crown area
Side effects: there were none
Comments: One pill taken orally daily

Of course there will be 1 start reviews, that is the nature of anything in this world. I love mexican food, but I bet there are people out there that can't stand it.

Do you have a girlfriend? Is she on the pill? Well, that's messing with her hormones...and now she has a slightly greater risk of developing cancer at some point in her life.

:dunno:

s.a.f

Reaction score
FredTheBelgian said:
I say that because people suddenly developped panic attacks or depression after years on the drug!

Oh yeah if somebody on finasteride gets depression after years of course it must be the finasteride thats to blame! :doh:

Jacob

Reaction score
The Natural said:
Jacob, trust no one :) .

Well, I don't think IH has the money for a hair transplant. Just, what, four or five months ago, members were trying to collect funds for him to buy a laser helmet. Of course, you know how I responded to this request.

And nothing compares to how you see OMG marketing his laser helmet, c'mon: flinging his hair to and fro, all the while, holding a laser helmet, giving one the impression that his hair loss and regrowth came about through laser use, and not from two hair transplants.

Now, that, in and of itself, is disingenuous, but what's worse is that he dispatches his little lackeys, some financially vested, to censor dissenting opinions. Heaven forbid someone has an issue with one of their helmets, but here comes Nidhogge to explain what the user is doing wrong: too much time, too little time, not enough diodes, not enough clay, blah, blah, blah. It's borderline insane and completely ridiculous.

Hey Nid, just state that the friggin' device doesn't work for everyone, instead of qualifying its use every other other day, okidoki.

I'd like to think that IH is nothing like OMG and his minions. But then again, when money is involved, you never know just how a person's objectivity will "evolve."

I have to have SOME trust for the ppl behind the things I use/take :)

From early on I've said IH was going to be in this for the money. This was well before his plagiarizing even. Taking a collection doesn't surprise me...he/they will make up anything to bring in more cash. There's absolutely no reason why ppl shouldn't be *demanding* better pictures from him(got the guts, Fred and Hoppi? :whistle: ) and even a Youtube VIDEO(just doing the audio on YouTUBE would be enough for ridicule for others) when he's been running around for years saying things couldn't get any better with his hair and pushing and now selling his regimen. Nothing soon? Sometime down the road and his hair looks great? Transplant.

And yeah..I agree on OMG and his transplants and pushing LLLT. Which is why it wouldn't surprise me if IH did the same thing. He's already using a laser helmet...after making it sound like there's no need for one. They just happen to be selling laser helmets..

Cassin

Reaction score
FredTheBelgian said:
They clearly attributed it to finasteride, especially cause it went away with the withdrawal of the drug. I'll find those post, it was on propeciahelp I think.

Don't bother...I have read such comments before.

So you take it as fact? Thats not so wise. You should educate yourself on the concept of placebo.

Cassin

Reaction score
FredTheBelgian said:
I know the placebo effect, I've experienced it myself, we all know and doctors know that antidepressants don't do a heck in reality, nothing more than a sugar pill. Yet I felt better while taking one, auto-suggestion power I think, because I was in the same state as before inside, but I could cope better, I thought I had more strength. Placebo effect, only IMHO.

Thats fine but saying "I say that because people suddenly developped panic attacks or depression after years on the drug!" is idiocy.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
Inhibiting DHT naturally (e.g. beta sitosterol, saw palmetto) or otherwise (e.g. Propeica) can be problematic.

freakout

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Good luck to those who are taking supplements and extracts. You're going to need a lot of it - a lot of luck I mean. :woot:

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
It has little to do with "luck," and more to do with things like reducing inflammation and increasing circulation, among others.

I will put a $35 -$40 a month natural regimen like mine up against, say, a $1000 - $1500 laser helmet therapy any day, any time.

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the main argument is not what causes male pattern baldness, but the different ways of treating it. You can either fight the DHT with drugs like Fn, or you can try and maintain your cells and repair the damage, which is where vitamins and supplements can come in handy.

s.a.f

Reaction score
ukmale24 said:
I think the main argument is not what causes male pattern baldness, but the different ways of treating it. You can either fight the DHT with drugs like Fn, or you can try and maintain your cells and repair the damage, which is where vitamins and supplements can come in handy.

Yeah good luck with that.
If your follicles are being devastated because they are not immune to DHT theres no vitamins out there that are going to reverse that

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
ukmale24 said:

Yeah good luck with that.
If your follicles are being devastated because they are not immune to DHT theres no vitamins out there that are going to reverse that

So you totally dispute things like TB-4 and Copper Peptide ?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Yeah in terms of genetic m.p.b. Are you telling me you think NW7's like Larry David could still have hair if only they'd got on some supplement regime?