Not ALL girls care about hair

abcdefg

Reaction score
I could find one guy that doesnt care about what a girl looks like at all like that movies shallow hal. He only cares about her personality. Whats your point then that not everyone is the same? Sure i agree. I still want my hair no matter how many girls you quote

shookwun

Reaction score
I could find one guy that doesnt care about what a girl looks like at all like that movies shallow hal. He only cares about her personality. Whats your point then that not everyone is the same? Sure i agree. I still want my hair no matter how many girls you quote
wear a hair piece then?

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
Not all girls care about hair, true... ALL girls care about looks. If you look good without hair, good. If you look bad without hair, bad. That pretty much sums up all of these forty page threads regarding women.

I agree, and unfortunately most men look worse without hair. I mean, that is why we're on these forums in the first place. And that is why even the people with the most minimal and insignificant hair loss come on here looking to get on finasteride. If hair loss wasn't such a big deal, then we wouldn't be on these forums and guys with such slight hair loss come on here looking to stop it.

Swimswiy

Reaction score
Men here are jaded in my opinion. I think a lot here are so insecure about their balding that they have lost much of their confidence with girls. Yes, girls like hair, but thats not to say that an attractive girl won't like a balding man. If you have game you can get a pretty hot gf. I've always dated girls out of my league and I'm almost a Norwood 4. I'm 30 years old and I still hang with college girls sometimes. If you can be a alpha male and flirt well you will have no problem with the ladies.

If you hate yourself girls won't love you. That goes for guys with or without hair.

I compare it to girls with small boobs. Obviously guys like them bigger, but are you gonna push away a girl you like because she has small boobs? No way.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
If she is latino that explains it, they're usually a lot less superficial and vain than white women.

Hah! She is! She's gorgeous though. Kind of like a mexican version of Kate Hudson.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Game does not exist. You're either overrating the girls or underrating yourself.

Whether you're "alpha" (as if such thing even exist, like game) or not is determined by your genes, not your behavior.

I'd like to see a 5'5 NW4 guy with a lot of acne be alpha. Yeah sure, the women will love me if he acts confident!

Seduction doesn't exist, there's absolutely no proof that such thing exist. Your dating life is a reflection of how good-looking you are.

You can only find the girls you're compatible with and who will like you because of your looks. Nothing you say or do will convince her if she's not sexually attracted to you.

You're welcome.
I know you feel like what you're saying is true, but it simply isn't. Mental illness can be aggravated or even spurred by hair loss. I think you suffer from BDD and depression, Fred.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep, BDD, I was NW5 but hey, I obsess over tiny details about my appearance that are not there, right? Go read the definition of BDD again.

Also, I'm just doing great with the ladies, professionally, I'm going on a holiday next week, but yeah, these must be the cause of my depression.

And you, how are you doing? How about refuting what I say with I don't know, arguments?

Like when I say, "your dating life is a reflection of how good-looking you are", that's not true?

Explain to me why, show us the truth!
The beauty of having billions of women on Earth is the diversity of taste they have for men's appearances. I probably see six hideous motherf*kers a day that have moderately attractive signficant others. That includes bald men. As long as you don't look like a conehead you'll typically be fine with a shaved head. It sure beats having scars all over the back of your head and a transparent NW3. And yes, many would consider the lack of hair a small/inconsequential flaw. The difference is that you are immensely insecure about yourself. That's why you f*cked yourelf up with a transplant.

Baldingat188

Reaction score
Well we all can agree on one thing - almost all men look worse bald. Now how much worse they look varies a lot.

i think some of what you are saying makes sense , Fred. However it is possible for an attraction to grow over time BECAUSE of your personality. It may be harder, and you may be less confident but it is not black and white she decides in the first 30 seconds of meeting you if she will **** you or not.

physical looks do play a large role, but so do other factors ( status , socail skils, ect )

Swimswiy

Reaction score
I'm in no way saying looks don't matter. Yes, a 5'5" norwood 5 with acne is gonna have a hard time, but thats because he's fighting a uphill battle on multiple fronts. We men just think differently than women. Women are much less superficial than we are overall. Yeah, you'll come across the occasional girl who won't date a bald guy, but like Pray said, there are billions of women on this world. I think men care more about their baldness than women do. I have seen so many badass confident bald men who treat their lack of hair as just a minor inconvenience and then their get on with their day and they have women hanging off them. People will perceive you as you perceive yourself.

And to say alpha males don't exist is just silly. If you don't give a **** what anyone thinks about you, if you have a strong and confident presence, if you want something and go for it despite the odds, if you don't take crap from anyone (including women) then you are an alpha male. Most men are NOT alpha males, they're beta males. Thats why alpha males stick out to women so much. Of course I'm not saying an alpha male that looks like Danny Devito is gonna get a victoria secret model, but he'll do way better than he would have as a beta male.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm in no way saying looks don't matter. Yes, a 5'5" norwood 5 with acne is gonna have a hard time, but thats because he's fighting a uphill battle on multiple fronts. We men just think differently than women. Women are much less superficial than we are overall. Yeah, you'll come across the occasional girl who won't date a bald guy, but like Pray said, there are billions of women on this world. I think men care more about their baldness than women do. I have seen so many badass confident bald men who treat their lack of hair as just a minor inconvenience and then their get on with their day and they have women hanging off them. People will perceive you as you perceive yourself.

And to say alpha males don't exist is just silly. If you don't give a **** what anyone thinks about you, if you have a strong and confident presence, if you want something and go for it despite the odds, if you don't take crap from anyone (including women) then you are an alpha male. Most men are NOT alpha males, they're beta males. Thats why alpha males stick out to women so much. Of course I'm not saying an alpha male that looks like Danny Devito is gonna get a victoria secret model, but he'll do way better than he would have as a beta male.
Amen.

Swimswiy

Reaction score
-_-

It actually is kind of a blue pill thing. Girls like confidence, a backbone and balls way more than they like hair.

And to answer your question I have a date with a adorable curly haired Spanish girl tomorrow and my hairline has gone to hell (see my thread about head shaving). It really is all about confidence and personality.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I personally think most men look at how women view men from their perspective which is looks looks looks. Girls are very different from men - Very different. Looks do matter, but I do think girls tend to care a lot less then men do. It varies a lot though some care if your bald, some dont. Just depends, but its not a death sentence in most cases unless you turn it into one yourself

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree, and unfortunately most men look worse without hair. I mean, that is why we're on these forums in the first place. And that is why even the people with the most minimal and insignificant hair loss come on here looking to get on finasteride. If hair loss wasn't such a big deal, then we wouldn't be on these forums and guys with such slight hair loss come on here looking to stop it.
This is also my point.
I think that those who post in this forum and affirm that hair loss is NOT important may be divided in two categories:
- those who actually support other baldies who are upset about hairloss
- those who will just write every now and then they are scoring many girls despite hair loss (which they generally barely have)

I don't get the second category. Either they are showing off (why? Showing off to bald people?) or they are full of **** and they are actually pissing in their pants.

- - - Updated - - -

. Women are much less superficial than we are overall.
Good God. Have you ever heard two women talk about people when they are relaxed or think no one is listening? If not, try to do so and tell me if they were talking of hot guys or... sweet, caring bald friends.

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
I just recently compiled 2 lists. One was of guys that I know who had full heads of hair and are dating or married to beautiful women. The other was of bald men that I know who are dating or married to beautiful women. So far the fullheads are in the lead about 35-7. I've always said that outer looks are most important, while personality, confidence, and sense of humor are secondary. In order to get your foot in the door and get a woman to be attracted to you, you need to have some semblance of a decent head of hair. I'm not saying a perfect NW1 but most certainly not an NW6. Some of these statements are really just obvious myths. No women is going to be attracted to a confident, ugly guy and seeing six hideous guys per day that have attractive significant others is not only false, but downright ridiculous.

But Swim, at least you're a guy with significant hair loss who is somehow making it work. Lots of the people with reasonably full heads of hair will never know how bad baldness really is until it happens to them. We all were optimists when we were NW1's and 2's. But if you think confidence and personality matters most, then why are you on finasteride and minoxidil?

mrmpb

Reaction score
Well she's a keeper forsure. I think with facing hairloss, people are more self-conscious about themselves before it even comes to girls. It would just be weird if I had a head of hair then people see me bald like years later.

Swimswiy

Reaction score
Oh I'm in no way trying to say hair doesnt matter at all, and I'm also not saying it hasnt effected my confidence. I can say with certainty that I had more prospects with a full head of hair. But the funny thing is, when I had a full head of hair I was shy, had little confidence and went on very few dates. As I've gotten older I've grown less confident in my looks and more confident in my personality and conversational abilities and I go on WAY more dates now than I did in my early 20s. Of course I realize with a full head of hair my prospects would go up considerably, and that is partially why I started my regiment. Plus I just like how I look better with hair.

I honestly don't doubt balding hurts your chances. I'm sure I'd be dating more beautiful women than I currently am if I had the hair I had 10 years ago. But from my experience there is very little, including balding, that can keep a confident, outgoing guy from having an active and satisfying romantic life. In the past 3 years I've had relationships with about 10 girls nearly a decade younger than me and they were all more attractive than anything I had the confidence to pull off in my early 20s with a full head of hair. They just simply didnt seem to care about my hair because we had a good time together and I made my intentions clear. Heck, recently I was talking to a beautiful 20 year old college girl and she said "take off your hoodie. Are you bald or something?" and I said "ehhhh nah I dont like my hair Its receding". She ripped my hood off and said "I like you you better without the hoodie" and we made out! I was like "wtf I thought shed never wanna talk to me again". She did, however, say I look much older without the hoodie on, but oh well! I went to sleep feeling on top of the world after a girl COMPLETELY accepted my hair loss. I repeat: SOME girls dont care.

I think a lot of the guys here are inflicting this on themselves. I see good looking guys with WAY more hair than I have post their pics here sounding like they'll never have sex again and I think to myself "that guy looks better than me and he has WAY better hair!!! I'd kill to have hair like that I'd be slaying the ladies". But at the same time they sound like they've resigned themselves to a life of loneliness. I know how it is... I've felt it plenty of times. I've seen girls looking at my hair then catching themselves and looking away. I know they notice. But the more pretty girls I have relationships with the more I realize that, despite the fact that they may not like my hair, they are spending their time with me. The only logical explaination is they just dont care as much as we do!

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh I'm in no way trying to say hair doesnt matter at all, and I'm also not saying it hasnt effected my confidence. I can say with certainty that I had more prospects with a full head of hair. But the funny thing is, when I had a full head of hair I was shy, had little confidence and went on very few dates. As I've gotten older I've grown less confident in my looks and more confident in my personality and conversational abilities and I go on WAY more dates now than I did in my early 20s. Of course I realize with a full head of hair my prospects would go up considerably, and that is partially why I started my regiment. Plus I just like how I look better with hair.

I honestly don't doubt balding hurts your chances. I'm sure I'd be dating more beautiful women than I currently am if I had the hair I had 10 years ago. But from my experience there is very little, including balding, that can keep a confident, outgoing guy from having an active and satisfying romantic life. In the past 3 years I've had relationships with about 10 girls nearly a decade younger than me and they were all more attractive than anything I had the confidence to pull off in my early 20s with a full head of hair. They just simply didnt seem to care about my hair because we had a good time together and I made my intentions clear. Heck, recently I was talking to a beautiful 20 year old college girl and she said "take off your hoodie. Are you bald or something?" and I said "ehhhh nah I dont like my hair Its receding". She ripped my hood off and said "I like you you better without the hoodie" and we made out! I was like "wtf I thought shed never wanna talk to me again". She did, however, say I look much older without the hoodie on, but oh well! I went to sleep feeling on top of the world after a girl COMPLETELY accepted my hair loss. I repeat: SOME girls dont care.

I think a lot of the guys here are inflicting this on themselves. I see good looking guys with WAY more hair than I have post their pics here sounding like they'll never have sex again and I think to myself "that guy looks better than me and he has WAY better hair!!! I'd kill to have hair like that I'd be slaying the ladies". But at the same time they sound like they've resigned themselves to a life of loneliness. I know how it is... I've felt it plenty of times. I've seen girls looking at my hair then catching themselves and looking away. I know they notice. But the more pretty girls I have relationships with the more I realize that, despite the fact that they may not like my hair, they are spending their time with me. The only logical explaination is they just dont care as much as we do!

OK, I can respect most of your points of view and you do seem like a sensible person. It's just that I've seen baldness have such negative effects on people's lives, and it's really no coincidence that the list that I compiled contains way more people I know with full heads of hair that have hot-looking girlfriend or wives than the bald men that I know. Unfortunately we just live in a very lookist and image-conscious society, now more than ever with social networking run amok. Everyone wants to look their best and they want their mates to equal their looks as well. I have a different experience with regards to confidence. I've seen confident but mediocre-looking men approach plenty of women and get constantly rejected. They wouldn't have approached all of these women if they weren't confident.

In order, for a healthy relationship to work, both people need to be physically attracted to each other. And unfortunately baldness wreaks havoc on many peoples' outer looks. Some can pull off the shaved head look well, but most can't. I like your story though in the second paragraph, but I wonder if that girl would've reacted differently if you were bald (say, an NW5) and not just a guy with hairline recession. I dated a 22-year-old girl when I had hairline recession and she never brought it up once. Hell, I didn't even really notice my hair loss then because unless some people on here, I really never had BDD.

And that last sentence brings me to your last paragraph: I totally agree with you. And it illustrates how negatively people do view hair loss. When they come to a forum obsessing over it when they have nearly no hair loss whatsoever. What pisses me off most though is when people with virtually no hair loss try to preach to people with real hair loss, saying things like "be positive and have confidence" or "you guys are such whiners wallowing in negativity". It's easy to preach when a person is in a position of privilege. I was positive too when I had virtually no hair loss!!

Swimswiy

Reaction score
Well, I can only speak from my own experience. I will say that I lay look better with my head and face shape with hair loss than many guys. As for the people you know, I wouldn't be surprised if they also fell victim to the lack of confidence that comes along with male pattern baldness. Maybe if it's forced women can sense it? I don't know. I know looks definitely aren't as important as some people here think, though.

For example I have a co-worker a few years younger than me and he's a very good looking guy with blue eyes and a nice head of hair. The problem is he has a motor mouth and major confidence issues so he's constantly seeking approval. I've seen 3 of his exes and none of them are up to par in the looks department (or personality from my experience talking to them). I've heard multiple women I work with basically say "he was attractive then the moment he opened his mouth he wasn't". Initally women are attracted to him but it never lasts. I think women have an amazing ability to sniff out a lack of confidence and immediately discount them as prospects.

I have another co-worker who's gotta be a Norwood 4 but he's cocky as hell and has way too much confidence (i wouldn't call him mean). I know for a fact he's had one night stands with at least two of the prettier girls I work with.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, I can only speak from my own experience. I will say that I lay look better with my head and face shape with hair loss than many guys. As for the people you know, I wouldn't be surprised if they also fell victim to the lack of confidence that comes along with male pattern baldness. Maybe if it's forced women can sense it? I don't know. I know looks definitely aren't as important as some people here think, though.

For example I have a co-worker a few years younger than me and he's a very good looking guy with blue eyes and a nice head of hair. The problem is he has a motor mouth and major confidence issues so he's constantly seeking approval. I've seen 3 of his exes and none of them are up to par in the looks department (or personality from my experience talking to them). I've heard multiple women I work with basically say "he was attractive then the moment he opened his mouth he wasn't". Initally women are attracted to him but it never lasts. I think women have an amazing ability to sniff out a lack of confidence and immediately discount them as prospects.

I have another co-worker who's gotta be a Norwood 4 but he's cocky as hell and has way too much confidence (i wouldn't call him mean). I know for a fact he's had one night stands with at least two of the prettier girls I work with.
Well that is an eventful department you work at!