Nostalgia, what it does to me, and how I no longer love myse

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
I calculated that 20,000 dollars of debt at 6% interest would cost $4,000 in interest in 3 years. Also, had I gone into repayment somehow earlier, i could have consolidated at 2.5%, but that would have been hard.

Just don't borrow more than you need to supplement your work income. "Need" is defined as tuition, shelter, clothing and food. It does not include hair transplants or any other procedure, experimental hair treatments, etc. I have nothing against borrowing money to get yourself through school...that's a no-brainer...but using the $ for other purposes is a big mistake.

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
BALD IS THE NEW BLACK

BALD IS BEAUTIFUL

THROW AWAY YOUR PILLS AND POTIONS

AND COME JOIN ME AND FROLIC BARE HEADED

IN THE FULL GLARE OF THE DAY

AND SMILE AND BE HAPPY

AND SAY TO YOURSELF

I AM BALD I AM PROUD AND I AM FREE.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ginald said:
BALD IS THE NEW BLACK

BALD IS BEAUTIFUL

THROW AWAY YOUR PILLS AND POTIONS

AND COME JOIN ME AND FROLIC BARE HEADED

IN THE FULL GLARE OF THE DAY

AND SMILE AND BE HAPPY

AND SAY TO YOURSELF

I AM BALD I AM PROUD AND I AM FREE.

I'm sorry, you are wrong. Baldness sucks, otherwise we wouldn't be here.

CCS

Reaction score
afdsafadas

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
tchehov said:
ginald said:
BALD IS THE NEW BLACK

BALD IS BEAUTIFUL

I'm sorry, you are wrong. Baldness sucks, otherwise we wouldn't be here.

tchehov, you are right.

baldness does indeed suck and right now it is sucking the very life out of you and everyone else on here who is frantically popping every kind of pill and half baked quack remedy down their throat or smearing who knows what onto their thinning locks.

fight back ......not with pills....throw those away....fight back with the greatest gift the lord has given us all....the mind.

it's what men have done throughout time...overcome perceived difficulties and chronic diabilities.....purely with their will.

it's all you need.....honest.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
you must agree that borrowing money to pay for propecia is well worth it, and that anyone who does not is a fool (unless it does not work for them or they get side effects).

Actually, I don't agree. I think it's fine to take Propecia if indicated, but I would not go so far as to borrow money to do it. That's a relatively small monthly expense that one can easily foot with a part-time job. There's no reason to borrow.

A good rule of thumb is not to borrow for consumables. The old statement "If you don't have the money for it, dont' buy it" applies.

G

@hairwegoagain

i think too, its bad to borrow money for things which you dont need. like a tv or something. but for hairtransplant maybe its other. just because it has many effects on ones life and if he does it , it could change his life for the better. though i dont say that hair transplants are the way to go. there are other possiblities. and its not always good to do a hair transplant. but if it makes him happy then go for it, college. i see it like an investment in ones life. and for investements you *should* borrow money if they are good. though i dont say its a good investments. its up to college to say if its a good investment for him or not.

and anyway its his choice and his life. life is too complicated to make some simple rules like "dont borrow money for things you dont need" .

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Of course it's his choice. It's just not a fiscally wise one. There's no law against making poor choices, however.

If there was some finality to it, my opinion might change a bit... but there's not. Procedure after procedure after procedure...it doesn't end. It might take a multi-year hiatus, but it will be back.

I'm not ragging on College....he's not unique...but I will use him as a convenient example. You could insert thousands of names in place of his. I believe he's had 2-3 procedures already, and is already thinking about the next one. After that one, he'll be thinking of yet another. He's also considering hundreds of dollars of additional experimental treatment on an annual basis. When does it end? Sadly, in most cases, it doesn't. There will likely not be a time when College is satisfied with his hair.... NOT because it looks bad in reality (let's hope not after all the invasive procedures), but because HE thinks it does. He's in prison in his own mind...not much different that San Quentin, cept it's a screwdriver instead of Bruno (couldn't resist, sorry).

In the meantime, his grades are suffering. He won't try to change his social life. He's getting further into debt.

So tell me the benefits again?

G

i think he will feel better after he did it. however thats just my opinion and i dont know this guy in real so i cant say if it will make him happy. however i even think that he should stop at some point. because its not healthy to do so many cosmetic procedures. and he should care for his social life aswell and not only care for his looks. i think in some point he is much like me. i am also care so much for my looks. maybe its coz we both didnt have a girlfriend yet. and we both think that its looks what matters to get a beauty girlfriend. so we try to make our looks better. maybe we should just get a girlfriend. ;) i think thats the way to go for us both, college.

CCS

Reaction score
ok, i think i need to clarify something.

there are some guys who get more procedures because they lost more hair and are filling in behind the older grafts to make up for the lost hair. That is not what I'm doing. My hair seems to be getting thicker on top. I'm lowering my hairline each time. My hairline is still substancially higher than most 20 year old's. I've been very careful not to go too low. And without taking a ruler up to every good looking guy's head, it was hard for me to know just where to put it. Most models comb their hair forwards and always look at the camera so I can't see the sides. I really think I'm sure I know where it needs to go this time, and I need to procedures to get the density I need. They will be small procedures of 600 and 200 grafts.

Also, grafts are not consumeables. They last a lifetime. Also, I'm only young once, and will be 29 when I graduate. I want to have a 20 year old hair line at least once in my life before I turn 30. I never had one before. I want to look good enough to enjoy my college years.

My grades suffered because I spent so much time researching it and planning the hair line, and because I was battling depression. Now I know just where to put it, am not depressed, am making progress in the gym, and will get the grafts only if I do well at getting a 20 hour per week job and getting good grades this semester.

I just wish I knew when HM would come out. If it comes out in 2 years and is $4000, I'd be better off waiting for it. But if it comes out in 5 years, or if it comes out sooner but is $7,000, then I'm better off getting the $3,600 total of the two hair transplant procedures now. When they say it will cost less than a traditional hair transplant, I suspect they are talking about the expensive ones Bosley does, and might be talking about per hair what a NW5 would pay for a series of hair transplant. It is hard to know. I just know that every time I get more hair, people treat me better and better. It is VERY obvious. If I can just straighten my back out, I won't stand out at all.

htownballa

Established Member
Reaction score
ok, i think i need to clarify something.

there are some guys who get more procedures because they lost more hair and are filling in behind the older grafts to make up for the lost hair. That is not what I'm doing. My hair seems to be getting thicker on top. I'm lowering my hairline each time. My hairline is still substancially higher than most 20 year old's. I've been very careful not to go too low. And without taking a ruler up to every good looking guy's head, it was hard for me to know just where to put it. Most models comb their hair forwards and always look at the camera so I can't see the sides. I really think I'm sure I know where it needs to go this time, and I need to procedures to get the density I need. They will be small procedures of 600 and 200 grafts.

Also, grafts are not consumeables. They last a lifetime. Also, I'm only young once, and will be 29 when I graduate. I want to have a 20 year old hair line at least once in my life before I turn 30. I never had one before. I want to look good enough to enjoy my college years.

My grades suffered because I spent so much time researching it and planning the hair line, and because I was battling depression. Now I know just where to put it, am not depressed, am making progress in the gym, and will get the grafts only if I do well at getting a 20 hour per week job and getting good grades this semester.

I just wish I knew when HM would come out. If it comes out in 2 years and is $4000, I'd be better off waiting for it. But if it comes out in 5 years, or if it comes out sooner but is $7,000, then I'm better off getting the $3,600 total of the two hair transplant procedures now. When they say it will cost less than a traditional hair transplant, I suspect they are talking about the expensive ones Bosley does, and might be talking about per hair what a NW5 would pay for a series of hair transplant. It is hard to know. I just know that every time I get more hair, people treat me better and better. It is VERY obvious. If I can just straighten my back out, I won't stand out at all.

Are you sure that consistently lowering your hairline with precious donor grafts is a good idea esp at your age??? BTW who does your hair transplant work?

CCS

Reaction score
Dr keene does my transplants. She is very good. I think it is safe since I've been stable on propecia alone for 2 years and am now using stronger regimens. Also, HM should eventually come out. I doubt i'll go bald in 5 years considering how much i've thickened up recently.

htownballa

Established Member
Reaction score
Dr keene does my transplants. She is very good. I think it is safe since I've been stable on propecia alone for 2 years and am now using stronger regimens. Also, HM should eventually come out. I doubt i'll go bald in 5 years considering how much i've thickened up recently.

What if HM doesnt come out or you become tolerant to Propecia or your male pattern baldness kicks it up a notch?

G

htownballa said:

What if HM doesnt come out or you become tolerant to Propecia or your male pattern baldness kicks it up a notch?

everything i've heard suggests that propecia tolerance is a myth,

htownballa

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
htownballa said:

everything i've heard suggests that propecia tolerance is a myth,

All I know is that Propecia will not and cannot stop male pattern baldness forever...in some people it doesnt even have a big impact...it might work just as well forever at blocking type2 DHT for all i know, but the fact remains that it isnt a cure

hairwegoagain

Reaction score

They may physically last a lifetime, but the intended aesthetic result generally does not.

Now you're spending countless hours researching and planning potions. I hope you do get good grades from here on out - it's 100% in your control to do so.

I just wish I knew when HM would come out.

You shouldn't be basing decisions on this. This may not be the panacea. Further, it's entirely possible that it does not "come out" at all. Sometimes we want things to happen so badly that we become defensive about other possible outcomes. Rationality goes out the window.

templemonk

Established Member
Reaction score
I just know that every time I get more hair, people treat me better and better. It is VERY obvious.

just shut up man.. who are those people that treat you better when you get little hair popping out of your head skin..
if i were you, i would f*** the hair treatment and spend that money on other things.. get your self nice clothes and a nice car (with the money that you spend on hair transplant, you can buy a dopeass car)
work out, get tanned and go out act like a man.
dude, you seriously need to change.. i dont even know you that well, but im really not being mean right now. i assume your life is pretty miserable. and if its true, its all cuz your perception on life. act like a man.

G

Many (if not all) of us here suffer from hair loss, that's for sure. But CCS, you're f*****g obsessed about hair! You're acting like it's the only thing that matters! That's crazy...