Nostalgia, what it does to me, and how I no longer love myse

CCS

Reaction score
dsgdsggsd

CCS

Reaction score
understanding women is easy. it is just like understanding people in general, but you need to know a little about society as well. Anyone can do it if they pull their head out of the sand and look around and are honest with their true desires. you will find that we are all very similar.

but I'm sure everyone who has been in a relationship, and told by their partner that she would love him forever, will quote that as proof that he knows women will love you forever, and that i would know that if I had been in a relationship, but am just theorizing since I have not been in a relationship.

CCS

Reaction score
helpme007, i read the rest of your posts. very good. i get the doubleyourdating emails too. lots of good ideas, though I don't think it is as effective as he says. I can't say that, though, since i have not tried it. I think his techneques are great ice breakers for getting women your at your own level to go for you and not be in control. and if you get funny enough, you can get a few women above your level, but not by much, i think.

those cosmetic procedures sound good. i'm going to get all my moles removed and all my body hair lasered off after i graduate. it will suck that i'll be 29 when that happens. I saved my father's house by giving him all my paychecks for 2 years after i graduated, postponing my life, and he sold that house for 5 times it's value and moved to idaho and retired with $300k and won't give me any of it. All i want is enough for laser hair removal. I had some crappy parents. They gave all their money to their church and saved none for my college or my sibling's college, which is why they needed our help for years to save their house, since they did not have any reserves. I'm paying for that now. I don't know if i should tell my father off or not. He says he'll give me half in the inheritance (without being prompted). That will mean nothing to me when I'm every financailly established in 20 years. It is the early years that matter. 5k would cover all the cosmetic procedures I need. I gave him over 24k in those 2 years, minus the food i ate and the gas money driving to work.

aplunk1, i agree with everything you said except the first one or two lines. I just want to add: don't be intimidated by women. you have a right to ask as many women as you want. They have a right to say no. Most will just do that. If they are very mean in they way they say no, you should not get embarrassed and let that stop you from asking other women. you must feel comfortable in your own shows, and be willing to say your thoughts and take up some space. you have a right to breath and live. don't be afraid. Work hard for your goals, work hard at the gym and do what you know you have to do to look good, and don't be affraid to go ask women to date you. and don't be eager. Assuming they like you will help get you past your fear.

CCS

Reaction score
afdsasdfas

CCS

Reaction score
I'm 26 and still working on my undergraduate degree mainly because I helped my parents for 2 years after high school and later had to get residency to go to UofA. I was accepted to UCLA out of high school but could not go for financial reasons. There are loans, but only people over 22 or 21 are offered enough to go without help from their parents. If you are poor, you have to wait, unless you get a huge scholarship or something.

G

i would say f*** your dad. he should give money to you not you to him.

as for women, you dont have any, i repeat, not any experience, so dont think you had figured it out all. i know for myself that i have very low experience with women so i dont think i have figured it out. im pretty much on the beginning and i know that. you should know it too or you will fail. see what i wrote was out of experience even if little. listen to guys who got experience. i dont mean me with that. listen to hairwegoagain or someone you know who is good with women.

you should go in a disco or some other place and just try and approach some women. then you maybe learn. im just a newbie with women myself so i cant really give you advice.

but beware, theory comes out of experience not the opposite way. go get some experiences, may it be for start that you just approach one. that will give you some basic experience. then try to get a girlfriend, thats the next step. i for me will try to get one which doesnt look that good or is easy to get or something so i will get some experience.

one tip. if you approach a women...thats were im good at. ;) say just "hi. will you tell me your name?" or say "hi. how are you?" or "may i join you?" thats simple and it works the best. then talk about any subject.

CCS

Reaction score
I agree with hairwegoagain that guys should make opportunities instead of just complaining, but I think it is OK to complain sometimes. I also agree with him that I should get out interact with women instead of staying in my apartment, but I disagree with him that men need only to be fit enough to take a woman's shirt off during sex in order to get a hot woman.

I agree with helpme007 that some experience is needed to pick women up as smoothly as possible, and perhaps to keep them as intertained as possible later. But I disagree that experience is needed to know that appearance matters a lot to women and can keep some guys from getting hot women.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
but I disagree with him that men need only to be fit enough to take a woman's shirt off during sex in order to get a hot woman.

I do not recall ever making this statement. If I did, please show me.

Doesn't matter anyway - you are obsessed with changing yourself, pure and simple. In my estimation, you'll never be satisfied with yourself clinging to that mentality. Once you get this laundry list of stuff done, there will be something else you'll use as a "gotta get done" before you start living. You're wasting some good years, College. You need to take note.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
hairwegoagain,

would you please look at that second paragraph and tell me what you think? My father did give me $2k before he sold the house, because at the time I thought that was all i would need get the laser procedure done before I graduate.

I think that's a nice gesture. What did you do with the $2K? Hopefully you didn't piss it away on hair crap.

He gave my brother the same amount, but would not give my sister any because she is not talking to him anymore since he kicked her out of the house without warning after she had finished paying of most of his debts and he no longer needed her.

I'm not qualified to comment on your unique family situation.

Right now I'm getting more loans from college than i need, and can pay for LHR before i graduate, but it would be nice to get it done now while I'm waiting for my grafts to grow out, instead of after I have all my graft procedures done.

I AM qualified to comment on matters of spending, saving, and money in general. It's a bad, bad idea to borrow money that you don't need - especially when you don't have a job. It may seem like free money now, but you WILL have to pay it back. It sucks to see your paycheck chiseled down to nothing.

I'm sure my father thinks that since he had a bad childhood, I should not complain. But i did give him at least 15k after expenses are subtracted. i never said it was a loan though. It was just a gift for family at the time.

Many folks pitch in to help when family needs arise. It was rather mature of you to do so.

i'm just hurt that he won't help me now that he is well off. he is 59.

Keep in mind that you are well into adulthood and are not entitled to such gifts.

I guess everything's relative, but $300K in assets is not what I'd call "well-off" for someone entering retirement. That money has to last an awful long time, providing reliable and safe income. Today you're doing pretty well to earn 5%/annum on cash balances. Do the math - $15K isn't exactly the high life.

Frankly, I think you should table these procedures until you have the means to pay for them in cash. You've stated that you have college debt, and I imagine that's not all. Credit cards? Debt from getting your hair transplants? I suggest you cease significant optional expenditures until you have the means to pay for them with your own money.

Sadly, money management is not something taught in school. It's unfortunate because the money you don't spend in your 20s and 30s, time being on your side, can easily catapult you into substantial wealth. This phenomenon is not dependent on extreme compensation, either.

CCS

Reaction score
thanks for your thoughts hairwegoagain. yeah, you're right. 15k per year is nothing, at least not for giving people gifts. i did not do that calculation. so i don't hold it against him now.

i'm aware of how saving now means a LOT of interest earned towards retirement. Buy if I save any money now, they just reduce my grants by the same amount. However, not taking more loans is the same as saving money, except at an even better interest rate. I don't have any credit card debts. just my student loans, thought they are very big. If I graduated today the monthly payments would be about $500 per month. I think hair grafts are a good investment, but the laser hair removal can wait, especially since I can use a number 1 clipper on them and look decent for no money at all.

But after reading this, I'll have to calculate how much loan I can afford to pay after graduation if I can only get a below average engineering salary or just a substitute teaching position. Student loans are very flexible. As long as I talk to them and show them pay stubs, they will charge me income sensitive payments until I get a higher paying job. But the only issue is my income will be wittled down to nothing, like you say. It will not push me into bankruptcy.

I just have one credit card, and I try to make it fluctuate between 0 and $200 for credit purposes, even though I have $6000 in the bank from loans.

I am going to calculate how much interest my non-substidized stafford loans will accrue before I graduate, and how much that will amount will grow its own interest before I pay off the loans. That would be an interesting figure to look at.

People say I should do what I can to maximize my grades and money, but the fact is people who can get sex when they want it can take emotional breaks from their work, and will perform better than me because of it. I've been told by many people who get lots of sex that I should turn my sex drive off for a few years. I guess some people do that. But this may be the only time in my life when I'm surrounded by 20 year olds.

I think I'll just spend a total of $3600 on two more small procedures and then that will be all the money I'll spend till I graduate, at least on that magnitute. I'm even giving RU second thoughts, though I would like to try it for 6 month just to see what it can do compared to spironolactone, since Goingat20 is willing to split it with me. I will try to keep my regimen as cheap as possible. This expensive one I'll do temporarily is just to see if I even have any living follicles under my frontal scalp.

CCS

Reaction score
hairwegoagain,

I freaked out 10 minutes ago when I remembered that undergraduates may only borrow 50K total, and I'm at 37k and have 3 years to go and have been borrowing the max of 10.5k per year.

I just realized I don't need any loans, and maybe never did. Since i get 6-7K in grants, i can make up the other 7K i need by working 20 hours per week during the school year and 50-60 hours during the summer. I can make even more than that. I'm taking 12 units per semester now because I have 3 years left since I failed a critical class, and will lose all aid if I pass 180 units, so i must take the minimum units to stay below 180 by graduation. This means I can work much more. Also, I owe $37k in student loans, and I think undergraduates may borrow a max of 50k, unless it went up. That means with 2.5 years after this semester, I will run out unless I borrow 7k less per semester, which means working more and making at least 3k per year. I've been working this whole time, but just spending it and the extra loans on grafts. My new goal after this recent enlightenment is to take my grants and not borrow any more money, and maybe pay off a big chunck of my debt before I graduate, as long as the work does not hurt my school. If fact, I know that I can make payments to the interest debt while in school, whereas people with credit card debt can only make payments to the lowest interest stuff first. So I want to borrow the substidized loans and use them to pay off the unsubstidized ones. I just want to find out if I can re-borrow what i "pay off" or if it permanently counts towards the 50k. I'll keep my sunday shift at 7-eleven since I can do so much homework on it. But I hope i can get paid to do a lot of research for my professor, to make up the other 20 hours. If I can get enough work done and impress him enough to get me paid instead of volunteering by the end of this semester, I will treat myself to two hair graft procedures totally $3,600, since I will know I will have the money to graduate. But if he does not get me paid, I will skip the hair procedures and use my money for later when my loans might run out. Another issue I'm affraid of is if my grants will run out after 180 units. I heard there may be an appeal for that. But if there is not, I will have to stash loan money away to cover me after the 180 units later.

I can't save money without my grants getting cut, but I can borrow less money, which is the same as saving, but at a higher interest rate. And the last semester of my senior year I only have to take one class. I'll have to weigh an internship against possible grant money that is only available to full time students. The classes can help me on the job, too.

I used to think all these A students had full scholarships and that was why they are debt free. This may be true for some of them, but I now realize a lot just work, and it is possible to avoid debts. And it is easier for me since I'll be taking only 12 units. Hey, failing that class and graduating a year later means missing out on a year of 50k pay, which is a huge loss. But there is no reason I should not take advantage of the lower load I have to take now that I have an extra year left.

I'm also using this lighter load to learn the material better and build muscle. Even if i had hair, the muscle will help a lot.

i have to be at work in 3.5 hours, but i had to type this up so i don't forget any of it. Damn it feels good thinking of that money.

CCS

Reaction score
I just looked up the maximum. i can borrow only 46k. So i have 9k left. Wow. And 3 years. Yeah, i'll be working. I am so gland I figured this out. So probably at most 5k in substidized I can put towards the old unsubstidized. I'm not upset I got the hair grafts I did. They changed my life. i was combing over my hair so much before and stressing. now i don't do that. I just want to look at bit younger. But I should be able to pull this off. But if i get the 180 unit cut off, I'll need that 9K to replace the grants, which means taking it before the 180 units and stashing it. I need to look into that. If i don't get the job with my proffessor, i can work at 7-eleven instead. the research would look better on my resume and pays more, though. So that should be incentive to work harder, though unfortunately I can't start making money until maybe much later this semester after I impress my professor enough. my 7-eleven boss would gladly give me more hours and a raise if I would stop the research and do his ordering. but those skills would not help me at all later in life.

Felk

Reaction score
"Many people are always sad about what happened in the past, or worry about what the future holds, but they forget that the most important time in your life is what is happening right now"

G

Money and Hair Down The Drain

I just can't believe the huge amounts of cash some of you young guys are throwing away on "HairTreatments", transplants, snakeoil, etc. Please try and get one thing through your rapidly balding heads: THERE IS NO CURE FOR BALDNESS!!!!! You are literally being robbed by thieves preying on your panic and pathetic dread of facing your new, and unavoidable reality: you are quickly becoming a bald man. I am 40, and started entering bald-hell at 18. I know exactly how humiliated, hurt, and angry you youger guys are. But if you insist on believing that smearing smelly creams and jelly over a shiny lost cause will instantly give you studly Kurt Cobain surfer-dude flaxen, waxen locks of shiny thick hair, you are headed (pun intented!) for despair and deep depression and anguish. Hair Transplant=Dead Squirl Stapled On Bald Head=Deluded Geek! Save your money, or you will be bald AND poor. Baldness is your fate. Be strong, and face it like a strong (and proudly bald) man![/b]

G

Felk said:
"Many people are always sad about what happened in the past, or worry about what the future holds, but they forget that the most important time in your life is what is happening right now"

its not. the now is only one moment. one billion or trillion of a second. okay if you are exactly its just an indefinitely small time. what matters much more is future. the future is big. past is past. its over. you just can remind it. but nothing more. but think about it. how often do you remind past? not very often compared to the time you really live. so go for future. its the best what is there. the only thing that matters. the holy grail of your life is future.

CCS

Reaction score
I'm not sad about the past. i'm celebrating the future. I have some hard work ahead, but have a big pay off coming, and less debt.

I calculated that 20,000 dollars of debt at 6% interest would cost $4,000 in interest in 3 years. Also, had I gone into repayment somehow earlier, i could have consolidated at 2.5%, but that would have been hard.