Nostalgia, what it does to me, and how I no longer love myse

CCS

Reaction score
If I knew I could have a hot girlfriend if I want, i would not be nearly as bothered by hair loss. Yeah, it would still bother me some looking in the mirror, but that would all disapear when I am staring at her ________.

porajj

Established Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
If I knew I could have a hot girlfriend if I want, i would not be nearly as bothered by hair loss. Yeah, it would still bother me some looking in the mirror, but that would all disapear when I am staring at her ________.

Wtf you talkin about chem? You look totally fine even in the pic without the grafts. You kinda look like Mr. Lee Oswald from the top of your head, but its hard to judge without seein your face :p

lho002.jpg

haha :D

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
excellent post hairwego

G

Accepting Balness

It is understandable that going from being a teenage boy with thick, luxrious, flaxen, waxen locks of studly surfer hair, to suddenly becoming a bald-headed Pondexter, with dorky horn rimed glasses, working as an accountant in a place where women don't even notice you, can be traumatic and devestating. But you must adjust to the new "you", or you will continue to suffer over something you have to realize that you have no control over. Either be the hottest bald man who ever lived, or become a simpering, rug-wearing baldo, signaling to the world that having a shiny chromedome has totally defeated you, and therefore, easily humiliated, and taken advantage of by anyone who wishes to get the better of you. Other men in your life, socially, or at work, will always know they have the upper hand. The smirk that slowly covers their face as they look just above your eyes, lets you know they've " gotcha"! Don't give them this power. Be bald, proud, and strong! It's your only choice, and the best choice.[/url][/list][/list][/code]

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
aplunk,

it's definitely a tragedy what has happened to you and other young men on this site.....because most of you are only twenty something, really its too young for you to handle this.

i was quite a bit older when my hair upped and left and no way was it easy to handle.

i do feel genuinely sorry for you aplunk and others on here....to see you all thrashing about and not able to change the fact that your hair is going slowly.

i hear you and i say 'keep venting off on this site'. one day you will start to come to terms with it but in the meantime if this site helps (which it clearly does) then use it and take no notice of the detractors.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
IBM said:
I'll use google.com to find one.

Your sarcasm aside, what ARE you doing to find dates?

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
If I knew I could have a hot girlfriend if I want, i would not be nearly as bothered by hair loss.

You know, this doesn't make a bit of sense. What exactly are you doing NOW to get this "hot girlfriend" ??? Anything? Do you think she's going to knock on your door screaming "Take me with your Bunsen burner, College!" It doesn't happen that way. You are afraid of rejection, plain and simple...so you don't even try. Am I correct? Don't spout off what your sister's boyfriend's best friend's aunt says. Don't talk about your "acquaintances" and percentages.... Not trying to be hard on you, but what are you doing to MEET new girls and expand your horizons?

CCS

Reaction score
be careful with your studies. I failed most of my classes last semester because i spent so much time deciding where to put my hairline and being depressed about not having hair on my head or two much body hair. make sure you do your homework and not just sleep in your room to escape depression.

holyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
simply put it sucks to have male pattern baldness.
fight it the ways you can.
and if you lose you have lost.
then that war is over and you should move on.
mourn the loss and then let it go.

the friend you need is yourself.
dont push yourself away.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
IBM said:
hairwegoagain said:
Not trying to be hard on you, but what are you doing to MEET new girls and expand your horizons?

I want to meet new girls.

Give me some tips.

Hey, IBM, read a book called 'Hoffman' by Ernest Gebler - it's hugely funny and has all the tips you need.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
IBM said:
Nothing! I dont know what to do though i thought in some things:
- Be a gigolo (which goes against what i've learned and i'm bound to);
- Go alone to a disco or bar and drink a lot (which is against of what i've learned and i'm bound to) and hope some 50's women pick me up and wake up some stomach gums (i dont want to loose weight i'm very very thin).
- Find a net girl. Google.com might me useful.
- Import ukrainian or brazilian girl.

None of that options are valid for me.

Maybe you could give me some tips.

Well, doing nothing will get you 100% nothing. That's a certainty.

You don't have to go to a "disco" whatever the hell that is....are you in the US?

Not sure what stomach gums are.

Net girls - I have no direct experience with this, but I've gathered that internet dating is a pretty common route these days. Maybe it's worth a shot?

No reason to import a girl via mail order. I'm gonna tell you straight up, that's a loser move. There are plenty of girls right here.

What do you do when you get home from work each day? Do you sit around watching TV? How about heading over to Barnes and Noble or somesuch...peruse the magazine rack area & novel shelves. There's usually women there - suprisingly, even on Friday or Saturday nights. Women who are likely in your same position.

Do you belong to any special-interest clubs or organizations? Politics/tennis/volunteer? I'll tell you a great place - the SPCA (Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals). Of primary importance, it's a great cause and they need the volunteer help. Secondary to this is that the volunteer pool usually has a strong female contingency...often young women (21-30 range). Check it out (or similar).

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
be careful with your studies. I failed most of my classes last semester because i spent so much time deciding where to put my hairline and being depressed about not having hair on my head or two much body hair. make sure you do your homework and not just sleep in your room to escape depression.

College, don't fail this time around. Few things are as important as getting through your degree. Obsession with hair is not one of these few things.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Aplogies to Aplunk...

Sorry for getting off your thread's topic.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
IBM said:
They are not atractive. If they were they wouldnt be hunting in the newspaper shelves like wolfs.

Not sure in Portugal, but I think you're dismissing the possibilities without giving it a fair shake. I frequently spy attractive girls at B&N, Borders, etc... here in Dallas. If I was in the market for a gal, I wouldn't think twice about roaming the aisles like a "wolf," as you say.

You have to make an effort, else you'll be in this same position 3-6 months from now. If you get your head together and get out there, you can be receiving a back massage from your sweetie instead of spouting off all of this negativity.