norwood 5/6 hairtransplant result...seven words

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Depends how bald you are now but I'm sure you will have more options to not get there in the next 5-10 years.

As for the scars, I thought the same but if you get keloid scaring you are pretty fucked when it comes to shaving.

View attachment 163470View attachment 163471
wtf, never seen that before. How common is it to scar like that?

Though can't you get the scars flattened?

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah this is ridiculous, sorry.

You're way too fixated from the mindset of someone who has obsessed over hairloss and not from the perspective of people who don't spend anytime thinking about it. When I casually joked to some friends last year about losing my hair (as a dense NW2) they all laughed at me and said I have to be joking and how great my hair is. It was pretty similar to Harry Styles below, but has thinned out now, and before you say that they were just trying to be nice or whatever, that's not the dynamic of my friend group who are not afraid to rip into each other for things like this in a playful manor (including 1 fully bald dude).

I've conversed with you multiple times and I can already tell from your writing and opinions how heavily biased you are. You're not seeing or thinking of this from the perspective of 95% of the people who you will interact with in your daily life who have not spent dozens of hours of their lives staring at hairlines and hair transplant results.

NW2.5~ and below is not even associated with balding for the vast majority of people. Crown balding is always associated with balding, it's that simple.

View attachment 163469
Didn't read because you seem too defensive/emotional but the center of his hairline is still NW1 level

Make the center the same height as the corners and we'll see lol

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Didn't read because you seem too defensive/emotional but the center of his hairline is still NW1 level

Yes I'm the defensive and emotional one, not the guy who is saying that people will have unconsciously perceive you negatively as a NW2 as opposed to a NW1...

It takes hundreds if not into the thousands of grafts to straighten out that hairline. It's not worth it.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
1622831232713.png

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
wtf, never seen that before. How common is it to scar like that?

Though can't you get the scars flattened?
Yes you can get intense scar treatments done like lasering and injections that flatten them but I'm sure it gets more tricky when there are thousands of them and you have native hair surrounding them. You probably can't even laser them without damaging the hair.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes you can get intense scar treatments done like lasering and injections that flatten them but I'm sure it gets more tricky when there are thousands of them and you have native hair surrounding them.
Well that sucks. If that happens to someone I suppose they would either have to do that or hope they are like 50+ when it is more acceptable to grow out the horseshoe.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well that sucks. If that happens to someone I suppose they would either have to do that or hope they are like 50+ when it is more acceptable to grow out the horseshoe.
If you can't grow out your hair transplant because of lack of density then what's the point of getting one? Just accept being bald, because a shaven hair transplant isn't going to look anywhere near as good as a shave with no hairloss.

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Depends how bald you are now but I'm sure you will have more options to not get there in the next 5-10 years.

As for the scars, I thought the same but if you get keloid scaring you are pretty fucked when it comes to shaving.

View attachment 163470View attachment 163471
you can always cover it up with smp

SCARS-1.jpg

but yeah if its extrem you are a bit fucked

anyways, no life without risks

sadly im not very optmistic regarding new treatments.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you can't grow out your hair transplant because of lack of density then what's the point of getting one? Just accept being bald, because a shaven hair transplant isn't going to look anywhere near as good as a shave with no hairloss.
I meant in the unintended case of that happening, doubt there's a whole lot of people who would get a hair transplant if they knew they couldn't grow it out afterwards and they got keloid scarring.

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i disagree to a certain degree. even though youre right it wont look good as natural it still looks better then completely bald.

hairline (and if its just a shadow after shsving/buzzing) frames the face.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I meant in the unintended case of that happening, doubt there's a whole lot of people who would get a hair transplant if they knew they couldn't grow it out afterwards and they got keloid scarring.
Many people get hair transplants who shouldn't. If you're NW5 or greater without above average donor characteristics (density, color, thickness), FUE alone is going to be very tough to get you great results. It depends what your expectations are though.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Many people get hair transplants who shouldn't. If you're NW5 or greater without above average donor characteristics (density, color, thickness), FUE alone is going to be very tough to get you great results. It depends what your expectations are though.
Yeah you should do your research of course to avoid getting butchered. Although is it really impossible like people say to get a good results even without amazing hair characteristics? Joe Tillman was basically a NW7 but returned to a NW2-3 with decent density through a few transplants (with multiple afterwards to improve upon that though), even after he had botched transplants in the beginning, and he doesn't really have great hair transplant hair characteristics. He did get FUT i know, but still though.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah you should do your research of course to avoid getting butchered. Although is it really impossible like people say to get a good results even without amazing hair characteristics? Joe Tillman was basically a NW7 but returned to a NW2-3 with decent density through a few transplants (with multiple afterwards to improve upon that though), even after he had botched transplants in the beginning, and he doesn't really have great hair transplant hair characteristics. He did get FUT i know, but still though.
Joe Tillman is my exact example. He's had like 4 FUT procedures and 6 FUE. If you're willing to go FUT+FUE you can get a good result at any norwood, but that's a long and tiring journey for most people. It's probably more healthy to just accept baldness and move on with your life if you're NW7, rather then the financial and emotional costs of getting a new procedure every 12 months for a decade.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I'm the defensive and emotional one, not the guy who is saying that people will have unconsciously perceive you negatively as a NW2 as opposed to a NW1...

It takes hundreds if not into the thousands of grafts to straighten out that hairline. It's not worth it.
If you say so lol

I disagree

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Joe Tillman is my exact example. He's had like 4 FUT procedures and 6 FUE. If you're willing to go FUT+FUE you can get a good result at any norwood, but that's a long and tiring journey for most people. It's probably more healthy to just accept baldness and move on with your life if you're NW7, rather then the financial and emotional costs of getting a new procedure every 12 months for a decade.
I mean that depends on the person and for some people it will be worth the trouble, but the majority of bald people don't get hair transplants though. And unless you have abnormally aggressive hair loss, if you make it all the way to NW7 in these days then it is sort of a sign you don't care enough about hair loss to do anything about it.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tillman's hairline is too high, doesn't look great but for his age it's okay, if he was young I would think he should buzz it. Nowadays there are better techniques luckily, he had bad luck coming to the game too early.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tillman's hairline is too high, doesn't look great but for his age it's okay, if he was young I would think he should buzz it. Nowadays there are better techniques luckily, he had bad luck coming to the game too early.
His hairline ain’t low for sure, but idk if he’d look better if he buzzed it. His hair is thick enough for it to cover the recession with having the hair down over the hairline, he should do that instead imo. Also the FUT scar would be visible.

Yeah, we should be grateful to live in a time where hair transplants have improved a lot. Someone I know told me about how she had a high school teacher like over (presumably) 20 years ago who had those stalky hair clusters stapled into the scalp they used back in the day. Yikes.

Last edited:

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, we should be grateful to live in a time where hair transplants have improved a lot. Someone I know told me about how she had a high school teacher like over (presumably) 20 years ago who had those stalky hair clusters stapled into the scalp they used back in the day. Yikes.
Spot on, however to get a premium result you need to pay a decent amount.
And yeah Tillman had a faze of very good hair considering the point where he was, basically looked like he had a full head of hair in some pictures.
@justinbieberscombover how much did all of your procedures cost?

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Spot on, however to get a premium result you need to pay a decent amount.
And yeah Tillman had a faze of very good hair considering the point where he was, basically looked like he had a full head of hair in some pictures.
@justinbieberscombover how much did all of your procedures cost?
I mean Tillman almost had a Bieber mop at one point, coming from NW7. How tf is that possible? I'm a thinning NW2-3 yet I look like Jack Torrance if I let it grow like that.
1622841474982.png

However when I buzzed it the gnarly recession was just completely exposed, and you could also see the start of thinning in the NW4-5 region aargh.

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what i wonder:

if you destinied to end up norwood 5/6 could you get that kind of "density"?

i know its very poorly but it seems enough to fake a full hair look with fiber/concealer, might wont be too bad, especially when you over 40/50...
D75D93E6FB93.jpeg.5f598900468d8e011a6ff3ce42dfc122.jpg