norwood 5/6 hairtransplant result...seven words

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score

Time stamped for you, he's not got much.

Like I said, personally if I'm in that exact same spot I'm shaving my head. I can live with a receded hairline as a guy approaching his late 20s/30, but I'm not walking around with a bald crown in my 20s.
Different guy, but yeah, this one's crown situation seems rough.. can't really see his real hair situation from the front, but since he's applying concealers I'll imagine that it's pretty see-through.

I still wouldn't apply dermatch or shave my head.. both are impractical solutions that require too much maintenance imo. Maybe I'd buzz it if I were in his shoes though.

I still don't think that slight crown thinning is the end of the world. Sure there are a lot of guys with fucked up hairlines in their 30's, but that doesn't mean they didn't lose their handsomeness without being aware of it. I receded all the way to NW5, shaved my head, hated it and then bounced back all the way to NW1. Between NW1 and 2-3, the difference in how people perceive you is huge.

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Time stamped for you, he's not got much.

Like I said, personally if I'm in that exact same spot I'm shaving my head. I can live with a receded hairline as a guy approaching his late 20s/30, but I'm not walking around with a bald crown in my 20s or even 30s.
how it would it look like if he would get smp for crown? the most failp of smp seems to be the hairline so it might be ideal for people with an ok hairline but bald crown? combined with a buzzcut..

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
how it would it look like if he would get smp for crown? the most failp of smp seems to be the hairline so it might be ideal for people with an ok hairline but bald crown? combined with a buzzcut..
Combined with a buzzcut it would be ok I think

But I was told by the clinic who did my transplants that SMP+grown out hair don't work

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
A lot of dudes don't wanna rock a buzzcut.. I was considering it a few times, and I even look pretty good with one. But ultimately it just didn't feel right.

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

But I was told by the clinic who did my transplants that SMP+grown out hair don't work
ya ok

personally i think buzzcut with hair looks better then huge bald spot. ideal is coverage with hair though. anyways might be a good idda who dont have enough grafts for crown. put every graft in the front, then get smp for the rest. buzzcut

whatintheworld

Reaction score
I think considering he was a fully bald NW6 not on any medication and had a botched 1st procedure, he's done fantastic and will have a great end result after this last transplant.

Speaking personally, I wouldn't be happy with his result and that's a primary reason why I probably won't go down the transplant route if it looks like I'm going to go past NW5 and nothing else is on the horizon in terms of pharmaceutical treatments or graft cloning/multiplication. I honestly would rather be bald with some light SMP then have to put concealers into my hair everyday.
Have you ever shaved your head?

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A lot of dudes don't wanna rock a buzzcut.. I was considering it a few times, and I even look pretty good with one. But ultimately it just didn't feel right.
it gets a bit ruined by neonazis and thugs tbh (fully buzzed/shaven with hair shadow)

slightly grown out buzzcut i see often and it gives a less "brutal look" - anyways if the option is only thug or baldie id choose thug

whatintheworld

Reaction score

I'd imagine SMP would only really work if done "lightly" in between transplanted hair that is buzzed maybe down to a grade 2.

Way too many people get super dense SMP and straight hairlines and end up looking like a joke.

Also, SMP should never be done without at least some FUE to provide a 3d effect and a little bit of texture. Otherwise it looks too obvious, especially if it gets discolored even in the slightest.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Different guy, but yeah, this one's crown situation seems rough.. can't really see his real hair situation from the front, but since he's applying concealers I'll imagine that it's pretty see-through.

I still wouldn't apply dermatch or shave my head.. both are impractical solutions that require too much maintenance imo. Maybe I'd buzz it if I were in his shoes though.

I still don't think that slight crown thinning is the end of the world. Sure there are a lot of guys with fucked up hairlines in their 30's, but that doesn't mean they didn't lose their handsomeness without being aware of it. I receded all the way to NW5, shaved my head, hated it and then bounced back all the way to NW1. Between NW1 and 2-3, the difference in how people perceive you is huge.
You'd get perceived the same as a well styled/dense NW2.5, to most people these are basically indistinguishable outside of your early 20s. What doesn't get you the same perception is having a bald crown. People with bald crowns get labeled as dudes who can't let go and shave.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
ya ok

personally i think buzzcut with hair looks better then huge bald spot. ideal is coverage with hair though. anyways might be a good idda who dont have enough grafts for crown. put every graft in the front, then get smp for the rest. buzzcut
Yeah if it's a huge bald spot like Prince Harry then it's possibly more aesthetic to buzz.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
it gets a bit ruined by neonazis and thugs tbh (fully buzzed/shaven with hair shadow)

slightly grown out buzzcut i see often and it gives a less "brutal look" - anyways if the option is only thug or baldie id choose thug
What decade do you live in? This isn't the 80s, no one cares if you are a skin head anymore. In fact it's basically expected for people who are NW4+.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Actually when I had my thick Norwood 1, I loved having a buzzcut the most. Never had to spend time styling in the morning, dried in 30 seconds after showering, always looked good after taking off a hat or a beanie in the winter.

It gives some of that military aggressiveness that girls like as well, if you have the other body and facial attributes to complement it.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
You'd get perceived the same as a well styled/dense NW2.5, to most people these are basically indistinguishable outside of your early 20s. What doesn't get you the same perception is having a bald crown. People with bald crowns get labeled as dudes who can't let go and shave.
If your forehead is too tall it affects facial proportions negatively compared to a perfectly framed face. It doesn't matter if people can tell what they're seeing, it affects how they perceive your facial harmony on a subconscious level.

Some coverage on the crown is way better than completely bald. Even if you shave or buzz, people are still gonna see that you have an ugly bald crown through the pattern, trust me I've seen it in real life many times.

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What decade do you live in? This isn't the 80s, no one cares if you are a skin head anymore. In fact it's basically expected for people who are NW4+.
my idea for norwood 6 guys is to get a norwood 2-3 hairline transplanted and to cover up the crown with smp. so you would be a shaved guy with norwood 2 hairline shadow

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're gonna shave your head you're probably also gonna need to remove the beard in my opinion. Shaved head with a beard gives the person a weird inverted look. And then you need a strong jawline to offset it. Also if you're pale you're gonna look off.

So for a lot of people longer hair is better.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
If your forehead is too tall it affects facial proportions negatively compared to a perfectly framed face. It doesn't matter if people can tell what they're seeing, it affects how they perceive your facial harmony on a subconscious level.

Some coverage on the crown is way better than completely bald. Even if you shave or buzz, people are still gonna see that you have an ugly bald crown through the pattern, trust me I've seen it in real life many times.
Yeah this is ridiculous, sorry.

You're way too fixated from the mindset of someone who has obsessed over hairloss and not from the perspective of people who don't spend anytime thinking about it. When I casually joked to some friends last year about losing my hair (as a dense NW2) they all laughed at me and said I have to be joking and how great my hair is. It was pretty similar to Harry Styles below, but has thinned out now, and before you say that they were just trying to be nice or whatever, that's not the dynamic of my friend group who are not afraid to rip into each other for things like this in a playful manor (including 1 fully bald dude).

I've conversed with you multiple times and I can already tell from your writing and opinions how heavily biased you are. You're not seeing or thinking of this from the perspective of 95% of the people who you will interact with in your daily life who have not spent dozens of hours of their lives staring at hairlines and hair transplant results.

NW2.5~ and below is not even associated with balding for the vast majority of people. Crown balding is always associated with balding, it's that simple.

1622829447831.png

Last edited:

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
my idea for norwood 6 guys is to get a norwood 2-3 hairline transplanted and to cover up the crown with smp. so you would be a shaved guy with norwood 2 hairline shadow
Yeah except for the scaring risk. If you scar even remotely poorly you'll never be able to shave your head and this idea just dies.

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah except for the scaring risk. If you scar even remotely poorly you'll never be able to shave your head and this idea just dies.
ya, you would need to cover it with smp

or just live with the scar. i dont know how i will feel with norwood 5/6 but maybe (in case i get there) id prefer that state about being bald at the first sight

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
ya, you would need to cover it with smp

or just live with the scar. i dont know how i will feel with norwood 5/6 but maybe (in case i get there) id prefer that state about being bald at the first sight
Depends how bald you are now but I'm sure you will have more options to not get there in the next 5-10 years.

As for the scars, I thought the same but if you get keloid scaring you are pretty fucked when it comes to shaving.

1622830437689.png
1622830510285.png