norwood 5/6 hairtransplant result...seven words

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

is that a normal result? if yes why are people here crying then? you can basically fix, surely his crown is probably not very dense or bald but that can be either fixed by smp or fiber

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Asians have very good donor hair. Dark, dense, thick. The guy looked like nw5a which you can recover with that kind of donor hair. Caucasians don't have that kind of donor hair and beyond norwood 5a you have too much scalp to cover. I think most people on this sub are at nw6/7

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Asians have very good donor hair. Dark, dense, thick. The guy looked like nw5a which you can recover with that kind of donor hair. Caucasians don't have that kind of donor hair and beyond norwood 5a you have too much scalp to cover. I think most people on this sub are at nw6/7
very good. one correction though - dark hair is actually worse then blonde hair when it comes to hair transplant because the contrast between dark hair and light scalp is higher which needs higher density for sufficient result

however @justinbieberscombover hair transplant looked very good too but i dont know if he was norwood 5 or norwood 4a before

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
very good. one correction though - dark hair is actually worse then blonde hair when it comes to hair transplant because the contrast between dark hair and light scalp is higher which needs higher density for sufficient result

however @justinbieberscombover hair transplant looked very good too but i dont know if he was norwood 5 or norwood 4a before
I think he was 5a. Balding I think ends in the following patterns: nw2, nw3, nw4a, nw5a, nw6, nw7. If he was a regular 5 then his hair loss hasn't finished yet and he would eventually be a 6 or 7.

Yeah blonde hair is better color-wise but usually people with blonde hair have stringy hair and not as thick like that guy in the video. Having curly hair is a bonus too.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Most people here have a much more aggressive pattern than he does. He has had a great result and it's great that he decided to go down this route, but he is one of the luckier hair loss sufferers.

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
can tell you why: it can cost a lot of money and a lot of people dont have that money...

i disagree with most people here being nw6/7, though... a lot are maybe a bit receding and tell you they are nw6/7^^

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
can tell you why: it can cost a lot of money and a lot of people dont have that money...

i disagree with most people here being nw6/7, though... a lot are maybe a bit receding and tell you they are nw6/7^^
Yeah. I'm just receding with some thinning, but my dad is norwood 7 at like 45. He is one of those odd cases where at early 30s he had a full head and by mid to late 30s he had severe hair loss. Usually if you don't have severe loss by 30 you don't end up with a nw6/7.

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah. I'm just receding with some thinning, but my dad is norwood 7 at like 45. He is one of those odd cases where at early 30s he had a full head and by mid to late 30s he had severe hair loss. Usually if you don't have severe loss by 30 you don't end up with a nw6/7.
On the contrary, for most people its your 30s when you start losing hair.

As for the topic at hand, no this is not a normal result for caucasian hair characteristics. When I view a transplant result and it is an asian or east indian man, I immediately turn the video off as it is completely irrelevant. Caucasian men have weaker donor areas, finer hair, lighter skin, bigger heads, and high probability of high Norwood levels.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
On the contrary, for most people its your 30s when you start losing hair.

As for the topic at hand, no this is not a normal result for caucasian hair characteristics. When I view a transplant result and it is an asian or east indian man, I immediately turn the video off as it is completely irrelevant. Caucasian men have weaker donor areas, finer hair, lighter skin, bigger heads, and high probability of high Norwood levels.
I thought I read somewhere that norwood 6/7 was usually a very aggressive form of hair loss that usually starts around 16 to 23.

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that norwood 6/7 was usually a very aggressive form of hair loss that usually starts around 16 to 23.
Showing signs of balding when your young like in your 20s means you have a higher chance of getting to that high Norwood. But the doesn't mean the opposite is true, plenty of guys lose all their hair in their 30s or 40s despite having a dense NW1 on their 30th birthday, as I did.

Will I go to NW7 in my lifetime? Probably not, not many men do. But it doesn't matter if your a NW6/7 or a NW3/4, the result is the same - your bald, you gotta shave.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Showing signs of balding when your young like in your 20s means you have a higher chance of getting to that high Norwood. But the doesn't mean the opposite is true, plenty of guys lose all their hair in their 30s or 40s despite having a dense NW1 on their 30th birthday, as I did.

Will I go to NW7 in my lifetime? Probably not, not many men do. But it doesn't matter if your a NW6/7 or a NW3/4, the result is the same - your bald, you gotta shave.
Norwood 3/4 isn't even close to 6/7. 3/4 is still salvageable with surgery. If my balding pattern was going to end at nw3/4 guaranteed I wouldn't even bother with prevention treatment and get a hair transplant.

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
Norwood 3/4 isn't even close to 6/7. 3/4 is still salvageable with surgery. If my balding pattern was going to end at nw3/4 guaranteed I wouldn't even bother with prevention treatment and get a hair transplant.
no need to argue here... that must be one of the people who lost their minds after loosing 3mm hairline and calling themselves bald...

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

nw3 is the same as nw7 and nw3 cant be saved with a transplant? lmao

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are NW3 that is dense otherwise (unlikely), and have good donor area (on a Caucasian man?), and are sure you will not bald further (you will) and are sure the meds will hold your hair forever (they wont), then yes you can fix it with a transplant and put all your eggs in one basket to get you to a proper NW1 if going to a good surgeon. So yes if all the stars align, surgery can possibly help, but that's a lot of ifs.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are NW3 that is dense otherwise (unlikely), and have good donor area (on a Caucasian man?), and are sure you will not bald further (you will) and are sure the meds will hold your hair forever (they wont), then yes you can fix it with a transplant and put all your eggs in one basket to get you to a proper NW1 if going to a good surgeon. So yes if all the stars align, surgery can possibly help, but that's a lot of ifs.
There are plenty of people who stop at norwood 3 or 4a. My cousin married a guy who is a 4a. Crown area is full but his hairline is gone. If he wanted to he could get surgery to fix it but he doesn't care.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score

When I had the 1st transplant I was 4a but now I'm already 6

I have pretty dark hair and very fair skin. I must say that dying it blond contributed to the illusion of density - even "normies" with a head full of hair said so, without me asking or saying anything. I picked up the idea from this forum - so thank you very much guys.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score

is that a normal result? if yes why are people here crying then? you can basically fix, surely his crown is probably not very dense or bald but that can be either fixed by smp or fiber
If this was a normal result no one would give a sh*t about balding and hair transplants would be common practice. This is the top 5% result with the top donor hair imaginable in terms of density and contrast. Most people need 2-3 surgeries and 10-30k to get anything close to that and the vast majority of people don't get a result that good.