No matter how depressed I am...

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
It's true, I did a bit of unwarranted lashing out on some people earlier on in my membership and I regret doing that. I also agree that the nw2s and 3s have just as much a right to be here and be upset so sorry if I made you feel otherwise. I think I've mellowed out a bit on the overreactions and not being so offensive. I think everybody knows I am the hardest on myself.

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
"Adulthood can be defined in terms of biology, psychological adult development, law, personal character, or social status. These different aspects of adulthood are often inconsistent and contradictory. A person may be biologically an adult, and have adult behavioral characteristics but still be treated as a child if they are under the legal age of majority. Conversely one may legally be an adult but possess none of the maturity and responsibility that define adult character........................
There are some qualities that symbolize adultness in most cultures. There is not always a correlation between the qualities and the physical age of the person.

The adult character comprises:

* Self-control - restraint, emotional control.
* Stability - stable personality, strength.
* Independence - ability to self-regulate.
* Seriousness - ability to deal with life in a serious manner.
* Responsibility - accountability, commitment and reliability.
* Method/Tact - ability to think ahead and plan for the future, patience.
* Endurance - ability and willingness to cope with difficulties that present themselves.
* Experience - breadth of mind, understanding.
* Objectivity - perspective and realism.
* Decision making capability - as all of the above correspond to making proper decisions.
* Priorities - Ability to determine what is necessary at that place and time
"

http://www.wikipedia.org

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Dario, its nice to see how you like to pick apart sentence by sentence in a troll like manner but I got news for you in one sentence, I am way better than you. So keep doing what your doing.

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
Dario, its nice to see how you like to pick apart sentence by sentence in a troll like manner but I got news for you in one sentence, I am way better than you. So keep doing what your doing.

There is no need to be hostile. We are adults, right?
So lets lead a quality, healthy discussions...and try to be as objective as possible even when the truth is not so pleasant. I really hope that you are better then me, and you should be! Since you are older, therefor have more experience and wisdom, right?

DoctorHouse said:
So keep doing what your doing.

I'll do my best! :wave:

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
It's true, I did a bit of unwarranted lashing out on some people earlier on in my membership and I regret doing that. I also agree that the nw2s and 3s have just as much a right to be here and be upset so sorry if I made you feel otherwise. I think I've mellowed out a bit on the overreactions and not being so offensive. I think everybody knows I am the hardest on myself.

UMan, I wouldn't even bother. Some people won't admit they are wrong even if you do. Notice how not one of them can address the valid point I made?

They are really upset about their diffuse thinning and talking about it. It's totally affecting their lives and how they feel about themselves. Some guy who has maybe 3 hairs missing and you can't notice any hairloss in his pictures comes on here and blasts them for not getting over "like he did". I would LOVE to see how they react to that. To have someone preaching to them who has no idea what it's like to really lose something.

My hairloss is horrible. It bothers me a ton. I won't deny that. But I also know there are worse things in life. So if I go to some other support site where people lost loves ones, dying or really sick from a disease, or any other far worse situation and preach to them to "get over it" I expect them to lash out at me because I have no leg to stand on there. Now, of course, I am gonna get some idiot who doesn't know how to read saying "so you are now comparing hairloss to cancer and death" when I am clearly not.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Dario said:
DoctorHouse said:

There is no need to be hostile. We are adults, right?
So lets lead a quality, healthy discussions...and try to be as objective as possible even when the truth is not so pleasant. I really hope that you are better then me, and you should be! Since you are older, therefor have more experience and wisdom, right?

DoctorHouse said:
So keep doing what your doing.

I'll do my best! :wave:
Sorry, I should have told you my tone was civil and calm when I wrote the above post. It was not hostile at all. I just think your psychological analysis was way off. As far as being adult, I definitely have never been told I was not. And certainly anything you say holds no water for me. It was not the content of what you said, its just the fact that you like to pick things apart like your an expert. So far I am not impressed. (said in a civil and non hostile tone).

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
uncomfortable man said:

UMan, I wouldn't even bother. Some people won't admit they are wrong even if you do. Notice how not one of them can address the valid point I made?

They are really upset about their diffuse thinning and talking about it. It's totally affecting their lives and how they feel about themselves. Some guy who has maybe 3 hairs missing and you can't notice any hairloss in his pictures comes on here and blasts them for not getting over "like he did". I would LOVE to see how they react to that. To have someone preaching to them who has no idea what it's like to really lose something.

My hairloss is horrible. It bothers me a ton. I won't deny that. But I also know there are worse things in life. So if I go to some other support site where people lost loves ones, dying or really sick from a disease, or any other far worse situation and preach to them to "get over it" I expect them to lash out at me because I have no leg to stand on there. Now, of course, I am gonna get some idiot who doesn't know how to read saying "so you are now comparing hairloss to cancer and death" when I am clearly not.
Your right, HP, I should have bothered either. It is a no win situation with alot of people on here.

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
So far I am not impressed. (said in a civil and non hostile tone).

I really wasn't trying to impress you, but you should also know that I am not impressed by guys which are far older then me.
If you ask me if I expect you to behave as adult (think, observe, and talk like adult)....yes I do have these expectations and I think all of us the youngsters feel the same way...and all the responses which we get from that side are negative...

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Young people have this perception of adulthood that by the time they reach thirty, they will have everything figured out and be this super successful productive member of society that owns their own business and so on. They expect that by the time your this age you should have accomplished this and by the time your that age you should have accomplished that. Although there are certain things one must do for practical reasons, the rest is just a naive perception of ambition. This is what makes high school reunions so interesting. Oh well so and so owns these companies and is making such and such a year but this other guy still lives with his parents and is making minimum wage, what a looser-why doesn't he GROW UP? Your analysis of adulthood strikes me as this juvenile expectation. You're like one of these kids who are so preoccupied with being a "grown up", that you are always accusing others of being immature. "Oh, don't do that, you're so immature!" that's what kids say and essentially that is what you are saying too.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Young people have this perception of adulthood that by the time they reach thirty, they will have everything figured out and be this super successful productive member of society that owns their own business and so on. They expect that by the time your this age you should have accomplished this and by the time your that age you should have accomplished that. Although there are certain things one must do for practical reasons, the rest is just a naive perception of ambition. This is what makes high school reunions so interesting. Oh well so and so owns these companies and is making such and such a year but this other guy still lives with his parents and is making minimum wage, what a looser-why doesn't he GROW UP? Your analysis of adulthood strikes me as this juvenile expectation. You're like one of these kids who are so preoccupied with being a "grown up", that you are always accusing others of being immature. "Oh, don't do that, you're so immature!" that's what kids say and essentially that is what you are saying too.
:bravo: :agree: Your post is right on target. Its nice to see at least YOU have a mature perspective on adulthood.

s.a.f

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:

Exactly, ask any 20 yr old where they'll be in 10 yrs time and they'll probably tell you nice house flash car married with kids.
None will say crap car, small house hardly any expendable income and split up with the missus, but thats the situation of many.
Life has a way of shitting on your dreams and throwing obstacles that you had'nt expected. We always imagine the best but in reality it hardly ever works out.

I work with so many young guys who think that they know it all they move out of their parents home and suddenly think that they're 'big man in the world'. They try telling you how things are on things that you've already seen and done.

ali777

Reaction score
Dario said:
The adult character comprises:

* Self-control - restraint, emotional control.
* Stability - stable personality, strength.
* Independence - ability to self-regulate.
* Seriousness - ability to deal with life in a serious manner.
* Responsibility - accountability, commitment and reliability.
* Method/Tact - ability to think ahead and plan for the future, patience.
* Endurance - ability and willingness to cope with difficulties that present themselves.
* Experience - breadth of mind, understanding.
* Objectivity - perspective and realism.
* Decision making capability - as all of the above correspond to making proper decisions.
* Priorities - Ability to determine what is necessary at that place and time
"

http://www.wikipedia.org

I agree with all those... I'm getting close, yet I'm so far away from it.

At least I am aware of my responsibilities and I have an image in my head of how I should be, so that's a start.

emex4

Established Member
Reaction score
Some of us young guys will be where we want to be at 30.

I'm 23 and I'm already a lead driller and in about a year I'm going to be running my own rig. I'll soon be putting a down payment on a house.

Just because some people pissed away their 20's because of hairloss doesnt mean everyone will.

IBM

Reaction score
No one likes me and i lost one third of my hair in less than one week.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
emex4 said:
Some of us young guys will be where we want to be at 30.

I'm 23 and I'm already a lead driller and in about a year I'm going to be running my own rig. I'll soon be putting a down payment on a house.

Just because some people pissed away their 20's because of hairloss doesnt mean everyone will.

Yet you are still here, go figure!

emex4

Established Member
Reaction score
oh yeah i forgot. its wrong to post on this website if im not totally bald and depressed about life.