No matter how depressed I am...

Townsend

Reaction score
I feel the opposite. Its comforting to know there are people out there fighting the same fight I am.

If it depresses you why even come on the forum? Have you checked out the success stories? Very inspirational.

Ash

Reaction score
I try to stay away from this forum but I always manage to come back in hope for a "cure".

I would feel much better if I could actually use treatments that actually work. I can't use propecia because I have some slight pubertal gyno so that's out of the question. Right now I am using spironolactone and rogaine foam and neither of these two things do sh*t for me. And I am not like most people on here, bitching about being nw1.5 in their mid twenties. I am only 20 and I am already a VERY diffuse nw3. Even at 1/8" you can still see the nw6 pattern. So essentially I'll be nw7 by the time I am 25.

The worst part of my hairloss is that it's happening so f*****g rapidly. Seriously, before I realized I was going bald about 2 years ago I didn't even know that people my age could go bald. It was that far out of my mind. And now I have the most advanced balding in my family. What a fucked up situation I am in

fireman

Reaction score
I hear ya man. I don't post much but I'm around here quite often and reading some of these threads is quite depressing. I really need to stop coming here...

FYI- I have some gyno from puberty(damn puffy nips), and taking finasteride has had little to no effect on it(been on it for over 10 months). But it's totally understandable because gyno friggin' blows.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Well if you're bothered about it, you're bothered about it (for whatever reason). But just knowing that you're not alone in this situation can be comforting.

cuebald

Reaction score
It's comforting to know that there are people more neurotic (and just plain insane) than I am on this board, that is for sure

Ash

Reaction score
fireman said:
I hear ya man. I don't post much but I'm around here quite often and reading some of these threads is quite depressing. I really need to stop coming here...

FYI- I have some gyno from puberty(damn puffy nips), and taking finasteride has had little to no effect on it(been on it for over 10 months). But it's totally understandable because gyno friggin' blows.

That's good to hear that your gyno hasn't progressed on finasteride. I thought that it was almost guaranteed that you would get b**ch tits if you had preexisting gyno.

Petchsky

Reaction score
I felt the same thing when i was in the midst of coming out of my denial about my hairloss. For the first year, i read the website but stayed off the forum, as some of the posts on here made me feel worse, and paranoid with some of the alarmist posts firing around.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Ash said:
I try to stay away from this forum but I always manage to come back in hope for a "cure".

I would feel much better if I could actually use treatments that actually work. I can't use propecia because I have some slight pubertal gyno so that's out of the question. Right now I am using spironolactone and rogaine foam and neither of these two things do sh*t for me. And I am not like most people on here, bitching about being nw1.5 in their mid twenties. I am only 20 and I am already a VERY diffuse nw3. Even at 1/8" you can still see the nw6 pattern. So essentially I'll be nw7 by the time I am 25.

The worst part of my hairloss is that it's happening so f****ing rapidly. Seriously, before I realized I was going bald about 2 years ago I didn't even know that people my age could go bald. It was that far out of my mind. And now I have the most advanced balding in my family. What a f***ed up situation I am in

If its bothering you that much you gotta get a dht blocker. Screw the b**ch tits just get them surgically removed if need be. finasteride could be your last chance of regaining some hair! I dunno but i think its worth it. Just my opinion.

CCS

Reaction score
You can be womanless and poor, or you can be womanless and live a comfortable life full of hobbies, road trips, etc. I'd rather have the latter. But when HM comes, I'll have money for it. If you don't like your minimum wage job, go deliver pizza. The tips are good money. It will give you a new outlook on life. Did for me.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This forum actually helped me. I was soo down and depressed but when I saw some of the success stories, it gave me a lot of hope. I have got some good results so far and I feel as I am alive again after being dead for a couple of years!

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
Ash said:
this forum always manages to make me more depressed.

That is a well known fact...most of the guys here are ultra,mega3000 immature and depressed..no matter what age. So picking up advice from them is not a very good idea. Most of them will tell you to kill your self or that without your hair you are worthless and should be shot or stoned.
That what this forum is all about, couple of cowards who are afraid to grow up. So try not to cross on these roads very often...it's a dark side here. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!
haz%20general%20warning.gif

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Don't visit impact section then. Go to success stories instead.

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Don't visit impact section then. Go to success stories instead.

Naah...they are the same type of people...but with success...

s.a.f

Reaction score
Dario said:
most of the guys here are ultra,mega3000 immature and depressed..no matter what age. So picking up advice from them is not a very good idea. Most of them will tell you to kill your self or that without your hair you are worthless and should be shot or stoned.

Care to show a few examples?
I think most of the people on here recognise that they have issues know that they need to do something about it but are just not capable of following their own advice.

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Dario said:
most of the guys here are ultra,mega3000 immature and depressed..no matter what age. So picking up advice from them is not a very good idea. Most of them will tell you to kill your self or that without your hair you are worthless and should be shot or stoned.

Care to show a few examples?
I think most of the people on here recognise that they have issues know that they need to do something about it but are just not capable of following their own advice.

Is there really a need to call these names?
This forum is like a room, full of insecure, depressed people (other, healthy ones don't have any need to be here) talking about how life doesn't make any sense...
I think this is a case of people who once had GIANT ego and now the picture of them self which they used to worship is different...has changed...and they are still little arrogant kids which are not ready to grow up...some of them will probably never be.
Staring at the world form a childish point of view, trapped in man's body....unwilling to struggle and face with adults responsibilities....

I mean...what can you say when you see a 30 years old man crying about his hair?
What?
I do understand when someone is very young and is going throgh lot of changes....but this....hopeless.
Unattractive in every aspect.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
It doesn't matter weather you are 20, 30, 40 and so on, anyone who is suffering from this has a right to be depressed about hairloss. It's not like when you reach a certain age you just stop caring about it. Some people can, but I bet that most can't- it really has more to do with who you are than what age you are. If you reach my level of hair loss by the time you are thirty I bet you will feel the same way about it as you would if you were 22. Coming to the impact section (made for complaining) and telling someone that they don't have a right to be upset by their hairloss because they are 33 years old is just stupid.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Exactly someone who is totally bald at 30 will have probably been badly effected by hairloss throughout their 20's. For me I felt that I lost the best years of my life because of it, I had visible hairloss at 19 that progressed to NW6 by age 30.
Call me a pussy if you want but I guess thats how I am it destroyed my confidence and prevented me from enjoying my youth as I should have done. The repurcussions of this go on and on.
You have to understand that not everyone feels the same way about it. If you're so cool about it why are you even on this forum?
Also for some reason some of the 20 somethings on this board fail to understand that life does not stop at 30. :roll: They seem to think that once you pass 30 you magicaly stop caring about anything except your pension fund ect.

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Exactly someone who is totally bald at 30 will have probably been badly effected by hairloss throughout their 20's. For me I felt that I lost the best years of my life because of it, I had visible hairloss at 19 that progressed to NW6 by age 30.

So I guess you obviously destroyed that part of your life because you were possessed with hair loss...OK, now turn to next looooong 40 or 50 years and seek for joy. Study physics, go out and date womens, play golf, get drunk with the guys, buy super cool motorbike, go to Jemen, paint the masterpiece, write a book, have a good sex or two...go to next football match between England and Croatia...

Just don't sit and cry about it.... :smack:

s.a.f said:
Call me a pussy if you want...

No I won't...I'm not an american teenager so no "pussies", "b****s", "motherfuckers" etc.

s.a.f said:
...but I guess thats how I am it destroyed my confidence and prevented me from enjoying my youth as I should have done. The repurcussions of this go on and on.

Hairloss did not destroyed your confidence...but your childish behaviour did. You had 10 years to accept it and move on.

s.a.f said:
You have to understand that not everyone feels the same way about it.
Oh I do understand that...I, myself didn't felt very comfortable. But now I care much, much less about it.

s.a.f said:
If you're so cool about it why are you even on this forum?

Good question. I don't know if you have noticed, but I don't hang here very often nor do I complain how my life is living hell.
I will get bald in next 2-3 years....not much I can do about it. So I'm currently busy with my work and collage, going out and having fun....it's all that I can do. I got few completely bald friends and non of them concern that much about it. Imagine that....these "weird animals"...they even have girlfriends. :roll:

s.a.f said:
Also for some reason some of the 20 somethings on this board fail to understand that life does not stop at 30. :roll: They seem to think that once you pass 30 you magicaly stop caring about anything except your pension fund ect.

Of course....people still laugh, eat, drink, have fun, work even in theirs 50s...imagine that? Shouldn't they be a living zombies? :roll:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Dario, you may seem well adjusted and on top of the world now but life will throw you an unexpected curve and knock you down just like the rest of the people on this forum. We are all only human. People have a right to have emotions and vent whether its trivial or not. I am sure you like to vent when things are not going your way. Nobody is perfect and certainly you are no exception. If you think you are grown up, think again. When you grow up, you realize to sit back and let people vent and give them some compassion and then try to give positive feedback to help them get better. You just tear them down and make every one think you are all grown up and superior to all the people complaining about hair loss. Well, I got news, you seem just as immature as the rest of the people on here with your negative comments.