NO DHT=NO MUSCLE??

StoptheMadness

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a lean body type. I have lifted recreationally, but consistently, for the whole time I have been on propecia so far (which is 3 years). From my experience I wouldn't say that propecia has not altered my lean body composition at all. It definitely has not hindered gaining muscle mass. At worst propecia has slightly made my mid pectoral region (i.e. around the nips) a little less hard than my surrounding muscle. But nobody would notice except me.

What I am curious to know is if taking propecia in combo with a topical (like revivogen or spironolactone) will reduce dht throughout the body causing side effects like gyno or possibly reversing any muscle gains due to systemically killing dht transformation. Maybe I am just rambling but not enough is known when we add a 2nd or 3rd treatment to finasteride. I for one would like to keep using a 2nd topical along with minoxidil in addition to propecia. So I am worried about reducing the dht by way of another topical in conjunction with propecia.

Does the topicals in combo with propecia only reduce dht in the scalp and leaving enough dht in the body to maintain normal body composition?

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan, another question if you dont mind. Is it the lack of DHT or the increase in estradiol that causes the brain fog, fuzzy head due to finasteride or dutasteride? Another guy "John" from HLH who has talked to you on the phone said the same thing that dutasteride caused him brain fog and he couldnt concentrate while on it. So im just wondering if this is because of the lack of DHT or increase in estrogen because i would be more than happy to experiment with a micro dose or Arimidex at 0.25mg twice per week to keep estrogen levels to a minimum but no too low. Thanks!

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
stax said:
Bryan, another question if you dont mind. Is it the lack of DHT or the increase in estradiol that causes the brain fog, fuzzy head due to finasteride or dutasteride?

Nobody really knows the answer to that question. It's all speculation. I don't think you'll find any discussion of that in the medical literature, either.

Bryan

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
stax said:
Bryan, please explain how i preform a blind test and i will do it asap...This test can be done by myself right? Because nobody can assist me as i dont tell friends or family im taking these drugs. Thats my personal business and i plan to keep it that way. I look forward to hearing from you Bryan and please give me all the details and i'll start asap.

Uh-oh. That's a problem, because you'll need the assistance of another person for that. The general outline of the test is that you find some way to administer either the drug or a placebo to yourself, without your knowing which one you're getting. There would be any number of ways to go about doing that, which I'll leave to your own imagination. For example, you could get 10 muffins and label them carefully 1 through 10. While you're out of the room, have your assistant insert a Propecia tablet randomly into half of them, and an inert placebo of some sort (maybe a Tic-Tac, or something similar? :) ) into the other half. He carefully writes down on a piece of paper which muffins have which tablets, and then seals that paper inside an envelope for you. Then you eat one of the muffins every day, and carefully record in a diary or journal any reactions (or LACK of reactions) each day. After all 10 muffins are consumed several days later, you unseal the envelope and find out which muffin was which. Then you compare that information with the recorded reactions each day. If everything lines up accurately as expected, then you know the reactions were legitimate. If not, then there's a placebo effect going on, obviously! :wink:

Again, the above is just a general outline of how you'd go about doing such a test. The exact details, I'll leave up to you. But you'd need the assistance of SOMEONE for that. It would be extremely difficult to do all that alone. You wouldn't need to tell your assistant exactly what that little pill is, of course; you could just say that it's some unspecified medication that you need to test for side-effects. I'm sure he/she would understand.

stax said:
P.S. Bryan, how long would the dutasteride stay in my system for incase i get side effects?

Well, dutasteride has a long half-life. When you've reached "steady-state" levels of the drug in your bloodstream at the standard dose (one Avodart per day), the half-life can be as long as 5 weeks. However, it declines considerably at smaller doses.

Bryan

mrsmith

Reaction score
Noticed differences

Saw Palm was notorious for spiking my sex drive and member function for a while.... I sort of noticed this with generic proscar, but the spike was very short lived, but I think I had one "super day" spike that was like a return to the "newness" of the first real erection and ejaculation as a teen.

One day at work a month or so ago I was sort of "out of it" and thoughts went briefly to sex. I started getting an erection. I then got concerned because no matter what I did or thought about, it got worse and persisted. I felt like it was going to bust out of my pants. This unrelenting annoying erection plagued me at work for about 45-60 minutes, during which time I couldn't move from my workspace.

Afterwards, I felt a "sensation" behind my jewels where the prostate is. A presence or pressure or relief of it. I couldn't tell; just noticed what I hadn't noticed before.

After about 2-3 months on some sort of finasteride (switched generics) I noticed my chest/pects was dimnishing. Damn... I think I was getting gyno, but I blamed it on not working out... which I had lost the energy to do ;)

But I had never had a "flabby" chest before. I had recently turned 36, but a month before, I was looking moderately buff.

Well due to a delay in ordering, I've been off finasteride for about a week or so and I can already SEE a difference in muscle composition. I just look firmer allover, I can flex and "harden" my pects and I think my semen volume is returning.

SOOO.... After reading this and realizing my old self IS coming back, I'm not so excited about my new expected order of finasteride.

mrsmith

Reaction score
Also...

My voice pitch begin rising. The register of Rush songs became much easier to sing after being on finasteride for a couple of months.

lukedorian

Reaction score
Where do people find this rubbish?

DHT is not anabolic at all and taking propecia won't affect muscle growth.

Old thread i know lol but i’m still impressed how peopble stands up fotmr this poison just by lowering finasteride dose from 3 to 2 pill per week muscle fullness is too noticeable the pump is amazing, also better sleep and way better erection and the hair great
Just read article about how dht stimulates aminoacid intake in the skeletal muscle so yes finasteride does hinder muscle growth and gym gains