NO DHT=NO MUSCLE??

nyuevan

Reaction score
ANY COMMENTS ON THE BELOW:

Question: I'm losing my hair and have asked the question on several discussion boards as to whether finasteride will inhibit my gains. I want to use finasteride to prevent a chrome dome but don't want to hurt my gains either. What are hearing on the street about this?

Answer: finasteride is a fantastic drug for saving your hair. I fully recommend it for this purpose!

I must warn you though that I'm hearing that it destroys nearly all of the potency of testosterone. I know a couple of guys taking nearly a gram of this potent steroid and making greatly diminished gains while using finasteride.

I first though that this was due to bogus testosterone but several reports like this came into me which made me think something was up. The first thing I did was check the research on the anabolic/androgenic potencies of testosterone and DHT.

I found something extraordinary!

All of the literature showed DHT to be 2-3 times MORE anabolic than testosterone but with the SAME androgenic potency. Believe it or not, DHT is a better, safer and more effective steroid than testosterone!

How is this possible? What about all the bad stuff on DHT? It seems that most of testosterone's actions are enacted by its conversion into DHT—both good and bad! Why does testosterone cause muscle growth? DHT! Why does testosterone promote Hair loss? DHT! Unfortunately, testosterone converts to DHT in "androgenic" tissues (prostate, hair, skin) at higher rates than in other parts of the body. This makes testosterone have a very low anabolic/androgenic ratio. On the other hand, DHT added directly to the body cts uniformly in nearly all tissues and thus has a better ratio. There is not preferential action or conversion in "androgenic" tissues. When injected, testosterone is less potent than DHT because not all of it is converted into DHT. Per injected milligram, you will get much higher concentrations of DHT in your blood with injectible DHT rather than injectible testosterone. And remember, DHT is the active metabolite of testosterone!

Back to your question, finasteride will GREATLY diminish any gains from testosterone. Not all but most (because finasteride prevents only about 70% of the conversion into DHT). I know one person who used a complete inhibitor of DHT production and with 800mg of testosterone per week saw basically nothing. With testosterone, you can either have your hair or have your muscle but you can't have it both ways.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Where do people find this rubbish?

DHT is not anabolic at all and taking propecia won't affect muscle growth.

G

Im a little confused about something, and that you keep mentioning any gains from testosterone...are you talking about only injections from steroids or are we talking about your natural human synthesized testosterone....if so does this mean bodybuilding with natural stuff...i.e. simply good diet and protein shakes will almost fully stop you from being able to build muscle?

G

Let me add something on...from a REPUTABLE source...which I will post if requested someone said that it doesn't affect muscle growth but rather strength...however the catch is its not something that is readibly observed...this is because finasteride apparently takes away your potential....not your strength...the source was a bodybuilder near his peak..therefore he noticed big slides in strength...if you bodbybuild recreationally you will hardly notice this.

newguy2006

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd always been under the assumption that DHT (and drugs like Proviron/Masteron) were highly androgenic and with very little anabolic activity. But then again, isn't muscle gain and strength not solely tied to anabolic activity, but androgenic as well (in regard to the CNS)?

I'm not really worried about it regardless. My goal isn't to become Dorian Yates. I don't see finasteride affecting me much in that regard.

dorianyates

Reaction score
Good topic..

I personally have done tons of reading on this issue.
I have come to the conclusion that Finisteride ....if anything will slightly improve gains in strength and size.

The fact is its Testosterone that is the main protein synthesizer of muscle growth not DHT...DHT is located in the skin and postrate, and testosterone is found to endup in the muscle itself.

Because finisteride helps to eliminate the conversion of testosterone to dht
it leaves more testosterone in the blood available for muscle growth.

Since taking Propecia I personally have noticed increased responce to my workouts.

Peace

ronaldkia

Established Member
Reaction score
anybody who says that propecia if anything will slightly improve gains in strength and size is a complete idiot.

dorianyates

Reaction score
ronaldkia said:
anybody who says that propecia if anything will slightly improve gains in strength and size is a complete idiot.

Read the studies before you draw conclusions....and lose the name calling...a little maturity goes along way... grow up.

G

ronaldkia said:

I agree...dont be such an idiot yourself...i've heard all kinds of stuff, with most however disagreeing with what Dorian yates says...in any event, it doesn't merit you calling anyone an idiot. All i see in your posts ronaldkia is a stew of negativity...if being an a**h** was correlated to balding, generations upon generations of your kids would be fully bald, just from your actions...now stop being a dick, if you disagree just state you do, and dont take finasteride if it doesnt work for you in the muscle dept. Good fuken day.

newguy2006

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree with the last two posters in that you should quit being such a dick, Ron.

As far as finasteride goes, I could see it causing slight losses in strength and hardness (in more ways than one), but nothing terribly serious. But obviously I'm no expert.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
dorianyates said:
Because finisteride helps to eliminate the conversion of testosterone to dht it leaves more testosterone in the blood available for muscle growth.

That's not quite how it works, but I don't feel like going into it for about the 100th time! :wink:

Bryan

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Off of finasteride i notice im in a better mood, more relaxed, better sence of well being, stronger, more hard body, sex drive is WAY better along with ejaculation, i can actually see my muscle fibers more when flexing, recovery is way better and i can keep working for way longer periods of time. The only thing i notice on finasteride that might be good for some occasions is that my temper and aggression is way higher on finasteride. Oh, and i guess it keeps hair on the head. DHT obviously has its role in my body anyways.

I dont possibly see how anybody could benifit by taking finasteride other than it keeping some hair on your head.

ronaldkia

Established Member
Reaction score
dorianyates said:
ronaldkia said:

Read the studies before you draw conclusions....and lose the name calling...a little maturity goes along way... grow up.

Sorry for the name calling. Your right I should show more maturity and respect for you and the several other posters after you. I apoligize for that to you you fuquing tart on steroids and cetaphil, go inject one in your c*** and eat a 40g protein shake courtesey of my kum.

dorianyates

Reaction score
Ron first off if you disagree with me that is fine...secondly I don't do drugs.
I am simply a training enthusist who is a fan of Mr Yates.

Get a little bit of class.

I feel sorry for you.

ronaldkia

Established Member
Reaction score
hey dorianyates, is it better to do sets of 10 pullups or sets of 15 pullups to build the inner part of my calves?

dorianyates

Reaction score
ronaldkia said:
hey dorianyates, is it better to do sets of 10 pullups or sets of 15 pullups to build the inner part of my calves?

Pullups to build calves? HAHA!

ronaldkia

Established Member
Reaction score
omg, dorianyates...jokes on you. you must be the stupidest motherfucker alive.

dorianyates

Reaction score
No you must be my friend....actually frogs are quite stupid by their nature so it all makes sence.

Anyhow I am no longer going to waste my time in the pond slime with you...it was fun.....ribbit.

I wish you all succes in building your frog legs with pullups..

Have a nice day.....ribbit ribbit