Nizoral

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
:moon: sniff sniff, Whoa why wouldn't I, why it smells like potpourri...

XL

MrTelogen

Established Member
Reaction score
hair mchair said:
xl is stupid. and his butt is big, and he really likes to sniff his own butt.

heh heh :twisted:

Oh come on you can do better than that. Tell him he is not losing his hair or something!

nuttyrich

Established Member
Reaction score
hi guys new here

hi guys new here,i am 26/M i don't know how bad my hairloss is since no one i know will tell me the TRUTH everyone knows how obsessed i am with my hair,so they tell me i have a full head just "fine hair". I know i have a thinning spot in the back of my head and the front is receeding..i take so many medications and been through so much i don't know if it's hereditary OR combination of both here's my past history... please don't think i am a LOONY!

Went on Accutane twice for Cystic Acne on the CHIN (twice)
Taking anti-depressants for years mainly prozac,also benzo's sedatives to counteract the speed up the prozac gives ya,take into account i am on antibiotics.. and also prilosec... i wonder why i even have hair still LOL.

They say Trauma can cause Hairloss,well i had 2 bad deaths.. (my own life i tried to take when i was YOUNGER (19),i am 26 now. I had rhinoplasty to fix a broken nose,i had ECT for depression,and i've had many laser treaments for a birthmark add all this up and i still got hair.

OKay i am using ROgaine 5 % 2 X a day
Propecia 1mg 1 X a day
Azelex 20 % cream 1 X a day
Using Prograine shampoo daily,have to get the stuff out otherwise it will clog right?
I JUST got NIzoral 2 % today,i am very fortunate to have a doctor who will help me in anything that will help me even if it's placebo.

I know about Proscar and Generic Roagine i am getting all of that... my question is i use azelex 20 % topical used for acne but i am sure many of you heard about it being used for stopping DHT and othet stuff for the scalp,my question would be currently i use the rogaine in the morning and about 5 hours later i use the azelex.. then rogaine many hours later again is this okay? Should i apply the azelex and then rogaine right afterwards or does this sound good?? Is there ant way i can upload you guys my pics,i have straight hair when a friend told me 2 weeks ago "dude your losing some hair in the back,i was shocked i knew i was but NO ONE ever pointed it out) so 2 days later i went to the haircutter .. and got a nice #1 cut like i used to have before that i had a dcent head of hair just fine and straight...i will upload pics if someone can email me at nuttyrich@aol.com and tell me how to upload some before and afters i would love to show the thinning spot and how my hair LOOKED after i cut it.. and how it looks now.. i have no problem being open and helping anyone who i can! I know this is a LONG post but i just want people to know who i am and that i am here just like everyone else to help and he helped when needed.

Anyone wants to give me advice or needs advice please email me at nuttyrich@aol.com.. i would love to hear from everone who is currently seeking treament.. I am on Day 16 of my Propecia Roagine/Azelex regimen so far hardly any irritation even tho azelex does burn it doesn't burn my scalp and i OVER USE everything. I bought Generic ROgaine in Walgreens (will go to sams clubs/kotsco to get it for $20 for a 4 month supply. because i use a month's supply in 2 weeks. SO anyone willing to help or want to talk please email me.. i will show photos and such ..

GOd bless and take care!
Rich:)

Stingray

Reaction score
Only need to post your question once.

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
So how is the nizoral working for everyone else?

XL

G

Nutty rich

Now that we have our background data, post just your questions.

Thanks

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
nutty rich,

I think it would be fine to use the rogaine first then the azelex cream.. I think it only takes around 1 hour for the majority of minoxidil to penetrate but the manufacturer recommends not sweating or showeing at least 4 hours after application. The azelex should be fine as long as you wait at least 1 hour after minoxidil.

Things will be ok man, just use the treatments and chill. I would question the azelex cream. I know azelaic may be beneficial but 20% is pretty potent. If you have any side effects let us know.

ryanfrank

Reaction score
complementing nizoral

I have been taking propecia for 6 months, and have been troubled by excessive itching and dandruff.

I have been using a pyrithione zinc shampoo, which did reduce itching and size of flakes, but not completely.

I used T-gel for a couple of weeks around 5 months ago, but I didn't really give it enough time. I am now thinking about having another go ?

Which shampoos do most people use on days in between Nizoral ??? I am based in the UK, and can't seem to find TSAL

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: complementing nizoral

ryanfrank said:
I have been taking propecia for 6 months, and have been troubled by excessive itching and dandruff.

I have been using a pyrithione zinc shampoo, which did reduce itching and size of flakes, but not completely.

I used T-gel for a couple of weeks around 5 months ago, but I didn't really give it enough time. I am now thinking about having another go ?

Which shampoos do most people use on days in between Nizoral ??? I am based in the UK, and can't seem to find TSAL

Tsal is good stuff. Find someone in the States to ship it to you.

I also use Dr. Proctor's Nano. I don't know if this would help with itching and irritation, but IMHO it's good stuff. http://www.drproctor.com

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
I work in the medical field and yesterday a cool Doctor I work with came by so I had him sign me off a 2% nizoral script.

I already have OTC Niz1% and some of Dr. Lee's Niz2%/Sal3%. I figured that you can never have too much nizoral tho!!

Anyway, I'd recommend that anyone wanting to step up to 2% nizoral either get it from Dr. Lee or buy it from Canada over the internet. When I went to my pharmacy to buy the crap they said it was $42!!!! With my insurance card it was $25 but I was like Holy Crap!! thats a shitload of $$ for a 4oz bottle!

I still think I like the 1% nizoral the best as far as the way it makes my hair feel but the 2% nizoral and Dr. Lee's nizoral are nice too.

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
VX, if 1% is working out so well for you, why whould you go up on Keto? I think the 2% has a warning label as well...

XL

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
vortex72 said:
I'm not sure XL..

I think its the old "more is better" mindset :laugh:

Yes but in the process don't forget the other good mindset: "Too much of anything is not good!"

XL

furby

Reaction score
hi please could any one let me know how could t gel is compared to nizoral as i cant find it in shops thanks

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
Furby, there is a veteran poster in here named BruceLee that has vast knowledge in a wide array of shampoos that assist with fighting hair loss. He will be here shortly to assist you with more information. Do yo thang bruce... (once again).

XL

G

furby said:
hi please could any one let me know how could t gel is compared to nizoral as i cant find it in shops thanks

TGEL was used in the original propecia trials so we know that it works. We know Nizoral works too.

So, if you cant get one, use the other.

Good luck

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
Now that is what I call, service around the clock! Good stuff bruce, I know who to go to when my Progaine runs out!

XL

G

xzellerate said:
Now that is what I call, service around the clock! Good stuff bruce, I know who to go to when my Progaine runs out!

XL

We aim to please. We have no life, so we can attend this forum all the time.

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, enough ego boosters... Back to Nizoral. Who is having good results with the Nizmeister!?

XL