Newly Discovered Factor in Androgenetic Alopecia. The Cure is Near?

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: A recently discovered new factor in AA, the cure is near :)

OK I am trying to understand, it seems we have 3 options:

1- reduce PGD2
2- reduce COX2
3- increase PGE2

The last one seems easy as there are products there to do this. I am just wondering, would reducing COX-2 inhibit both PGD2 and PGE2 ?
I know I know, I am no chemist...

Loomis

Reaction score

waynakyo said:
OK I am trying to understand, it seems we have 3 options:

1- reduce PGD2
2- reduce COX2
3- increase PGE2

The last one seems easy as there are products there to do this. I am just wondering, would reducing COX-2 inhibit both PGD2 and PGE2 ?
I know I know, I am no chemist...

Just remove number 2 from your list, all we need is for someone to make a topical out of OC000459, I believe Boldy knows a company that will supply some. The fact that mice who had applied levels of PGD2 in their skin for purposes of the study, lost their hair, their follicles started to miniaturize and the sebaceous gland got larger just like in male pattern baldness, should give us some hope that if we focus on reducing the PGD2 we should have some very positive effects if we can manage to lower the levels of PGD2 to what it should be in a normal healthy scalp, we could potentially stop any further loss. If it doesn't also start growing again then you would need to add something like minoxidil, which the study believed normalized levels of PGE2. The reason why using minoxidil doesn't result in much more growth is probably because the PGD2 is still inhibiting any growth

But first and foremost we need to be focusing on reducing PGD2 alone.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

Prostaglandin F2alpha increases endothelial nitric oxide synthase in the periphery of the bovine corpus luteum: the possible regulation of blood flow at an early stage of luteolysis.
Shirasuna K, Watanabe S, Asahi T, Wijayagunawardane MP, Sasahara K, Jiang C, Matsui M, Sasaki M, Shimizu T, Davis JS, Miyamoto A.
Source

Graduate School of Animal and Food Hygiene, Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Obihiro 080-8555, Japan.
Abstract

Prostaglandin F(2)(alpha) (PGF(2)(alpha)) released from the uterus causes alterations in luteal blood flow, reduces progesterone secretion, and induces luteolysis in the bovine corpus luteum (CL). We have recently discovered that luteal blood flow in the periphery of the mature CL acutely increases coincidently with pulsatile increases in a metabolite of PGF(2)(alpha) (PGFM). In this study, we characterized changes in regional luteal blood flow together with regional alterations in endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) expression during spontaneous luteolysis and in response to PGF(2)(alpha). Smooth muscle actin-positive blood vessels larger than 20 microm were observed mainly in the periphery of mature CL. PGF(2)(alpha) receptor was localized to luteal cells and large blood vessels in the periphery of mid-CL. PGF(2)(alpha) acutely stimulated eNOS expression in the periphery but not in the center of mature CL. Injection of the NO donor S-nitroso-N-acetylpenicillamine into CL induced an acute increase in luteal blood flow and shortened the estrous cycle. In contrast, injection of the NOS inhibitor l-NAME into CL completely suppressed the acute increase in luteal blood flow induced by PGF(2)(alpha) and delayed the onset of luteolysis. In conclusion, PGF(2)(alpha) has a site-restricted action depending on not only luteal phase but also the region in the CL. PGF(2)(alpha) stimulates eNOS expression, vasodilation of blood vessels, and increased luteal blood flow in periphery of mature CL. Furthermore, the increased blood flow is mediated by NO, suggesting that the acute increase in peripheral blood flow to CL is one of the first physiological indicators of NO action in response to PGF(2)(alpha).

Minoxidil mimics PGF2 Alpha!! Interesting!!!!

Joshuk

Reaction score

so as this stuff will be ready at the end of the month, has anyone got any ideas on vehicles to use??

i dont think every1 should use the same vehicle maybe mix it up abit so we can see if 1 is more effective or less.

i would like to start getting some products for the vehicle now so if and when we get OC000459 i can start almost straight away.

any ideas?

Joshuk

Reaction score

also as i use RU aswell could i say use RU one day then OC000459 the next would this work??

Boldy

Established Member
Reaction score

Joshuk said:
also as i use RU aswell could i say use RU one day then OC000459 the next would this work??

I wouldn't change anything about your current regime yet. So If you're using RU every day, Keep using it everyday and just add OC000459 as an Extra.

you could keep some time between applying the topical s, or just apply the together. We should experiment with that.

The thing = we cant take riscks here.

1 We don't know for 100% sure if blocking CRTH2 is 100 % the answer (so you might end with a shedding if dropping your anti androgen to fast)

2 if you change the applying frequency of RU, you might get a shedding *** well

I'm currently not on any medication, so I would be the ideal test person for noticing changes in my hair.

I'm going to use a liquid vehicle (70& ethanol + 30% Glycerin)@ 1% strength.

I can't f****ing wait trying block the CRTH2 pathway :p

Joshuk

Reaction score

i cant wait either their hasnt been a topical that works this way so i really want to try it.

I think your right about the RU i will continue using it as i am maintaing with it and maybe using both will bring good results

here hoping anyway

Boldy

Established Member
Reaction score

In the meantime we should keep reading studies!, We can't count only on CRTH2 antagonists, there might be a more direct way tot treat hairloss.

The theory now, = androgens=>porstaglandins (D2)>CRTH2 => inflammatory- hair inhibitory.

If we find the steps what happens exacteley between the CRTH2 and the actual inhibiting. we are close to the target.

So we must keep study.. read studies and so on..

the more I read, the more I lay some links between receptors, hormones and so on. So things are making more sense to me as example why Minoxidil works and so on...

Koga

Established Member
Reaction score

This, I haven't been able to understand. How did this new factor contribute to understanding how minoxidil works?

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Koga said:
This, I haven't been able to understand. How did this new factor contribute to understanding how minoxidil works?

^ by increasing the levels of "good prostaglandins"? :innocent:

lucas0581

Reaction score

Guys, for me to buy this new quemical, would it be easier buy it directly form the lab or any group buy availible?.. if any one needs some one else to join a group to colect money, I'm in to this!!! Thanks

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Yeah I would say that it's safe to buy it now....

Its lead drug candidate OC000459 is a once-daily oral CRTH2 antagonist in Phase IIb clinical trials that has demonstrated efficacy in asthma, allergic rhinitis and allergic conjunctivitis along with an excellent safety profile

^ proven to be very safe even when taken ORALLY at 100mg/day.
5% of 1mg topically won't have any side effects whatsoever nor do I think it would be effective at such dose :innocent:

puspharaj

Reaction score

:) Hey out there, Unfortunately i forgot my username and password my previous reply would be in the user name of raj47

I was here for more than 4+ years of experimenting myself with new stuff,
and this one looks promising but i dont know how many years going to get the perfect product.

I'm still hanging out with finasteride 0.5 minoxidil i almost in 4a norwood scale but anyway i have to deal with it.

last time my bro said they were an experiment going on in japan and they grew up bunch of hair in mice.

But this one look very promising any way how get rid of PG**

thanks
Raj

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score

why do we think this will work topically?

thats where im lost.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

BrightonBaldy said:
why do we think this will work topically?

thats where im lost.

It will stop PGD2 from binding..but PGD2 is also needed for hair growth!!!!!! This is why I am not sold to that route yet. You want to reduce it.. not totally stopping it.. it is only overexpressed. But we need guinea pigs! I believe that CoX-2 is is the real target.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

Cody1212

Established Member
Reaction score

Guys I've been following this and it appeared that three options were clear and really easily accessible at this point:
1. reduce pgd2 2. reduce cox2 3. increase pge2
options
1. ceterizine 2. celecoxib 3. bimatoprost/minoxidil, respectively among others I"m sure but these were easy to acquire.

So I have been on ceterizine 10mg daily along with bimatoprost and daily dutasteride (just staying on this at this point). It has really worked well for me thus far. I have tons of shortened hairs that are actually growing. It is still early but my hair was dying quickly and as fanatical as we all are on this site about hair I can tell you my hair is different in the ten days.

I think we are really on to something. I am looking forward to adding celecoxib to the mix. I can't be the only one to have tried this anyone others?

Experienced Member
Reaction score

squeegee said:
It will stop PGD2 from binding..but PGD2 is also needed for hair growth!!!!!! This is why I am not sold to that route yet. You want to reduce it.. not totally stopping it.. it is only overexpressed. But we need guinea pigs! I believe that CoX-2 is is the real target.

..... how can the same prostaglandin be responsible for INHIBITING HAIR GROWTH and GROWING HAIR?

PGD2 shrinks hair. FACT.

OTHER prostaglandins actually grow hair - PGE2(minoxidil), PGF2alpha(latisse).....

blocking 100% of PGD2 is the cure

Saint-Loup

Reaction score

Cody1212 said:
Guys I've been following this and it appeared that three options were clear and really easily accessible at this point:
1. reduce pgd2 2. reduce cox2 3. increase pge2
options
1. ceterizine 2. celecoxib 3. bimatoprost/minoxidil, respectively among others I"m sure but these were easy to acquire.

So I have been on ceterizine 10mg daily along
How do you take it please? :salut:
orally?