New Topical finasteride Study - Efficacy + Sides

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you'd be better off doing nothing. The minimally positive effect that small dose of finasteride will have your hair will be outweighed by the negative effect of using an aromatase inhibitor.
Why do you think that?? I mean I can up the dose to 0.05%. What would be the negative affects of something like grape seed extract? I wouldn’t take it every day so I don’t drastically decrease my estrogen levels.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stop messing around with nonsense like grape seed extract. It's completely unproven and you're not going to find something millions others haven't in the last 50 years.

Use finasteride and be done with it, stop wasting your time.

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dropped oral finasteride after ~20 years ..sick of brain fog etc. Tried low dose and couldn't get rid of sides completely. I bought the Italian topical but never used it...anyone want it? I'm now using morr-f for last 2 months with no sides. No real results to speak of though but oh well.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dropped oral finasteride after ~20 years ..sick of brain fog etc. Tried low dose and couldn't get rid of sides completely. I bought the Italian topical but never used it...anyone want it? I'm now using morr-f for last 2 months with no sides. No real results to speak of though but oh well.

That's because the italian topical is 2.5% dosage. When will people learn not to touch that sh*t or the H&W crap also made by the same italian chancers.

Good that Morr-F is working for you.

Lucky_Luciano

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there enough evidence that finasteride can work locally on scalp, decreasing DHT only there and being effective for hair loss or is there still high possibility that it only works by going systemic? That may be the reason why H&W went for that high concentration.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where can I get topical finasteride without minoxidil? just topical finasteride

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there enough evidence that finasteride can work locally on scalp, decreasing DHT only there and being effective for hair loss or is there still high possibility that it only works by going systemic? That may be the reason why H&W went for that high concentration.

Yes there is plenty of evidence, there are dozens of studies on topical finasteride which all say the same thing.

H&W are retards, and just to note they don't even make the formulation they just buy it off the italian pharmacy Farmacia Parati and brand it as their own. Also to note this formulation is impossible to apply unless you're bald.

Stick to Murray Pharmacy/MinoxidilMax/Morr-F or the many other US pharmacies who make proper topical finasteride.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes there is plenty of evidence, there are dozens of studies on topical finasteride which all say the same thing.

H&W are retards, and just to note they don't even make the formulation they just buy it off the italian pharmacy Farmacia Parati and brand it as their own. Also to note this formulation is impossible to apply unless you're bald.

Stick to Murray Pharmacy/MinoxidilMax/Morr-F or the many other US pharmacies who make proper topical finasteride.

but there is no way it doesn't go systemic, at least a % of it

Lucky_Luciano

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

But you can compound lower finasteride concentration from Farmacia Parati. And the topicals u recommend arent liposomal, they just have simple ethanol and PG vehicle, so more of it will go systemic, less stay in the scalp.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Considering the difficulty of applying liposomal it's not even worth considering, unless you're shaven headed or bald.

jazz1

Reaction score
That's because the italian topical is 2.5% dosage. When will people learn not to touch that sh*t or the H&W crap also made by the same italian chancers.

Good that Morr-F is working for you.

I use 0.1% which is recommended dosage and been working for me over 10 years now. My friend did try their formula when a doctor in the UK prescribed him a prescription as they want you to supply a doctor script. Unfortunately he stopped as he had sides effects, this was the same Italian pharmacy that compound for H&W. So in theory anyone in the world can obtain the formula so long as you provide the prescription.

jazz1

Reaction score

Wow, 20 years did you maintain? Also was it branded propecia or generic? I use topical 0.1% from Murray Avenue Apothecary compounding pharmacy in US.

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, 20 years did you maintain? Also was it branded propecia or generic? I use topical 0.1% from Murray Avenue Apothecary compounding pharmacy in US.
I used both over the years. Yup I maintained.

Lurker otto

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, i have a question. May be its very stupid or already answered but i dont know.

I take 1 mg of oral finasteride. Is there any benefit to add low dose finas to my minoxidil? May be it can lower scalp dht a little bit more?
Im risking for more sides? The sides with oral are manageable but i dont want to increase them.

Thanks!

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, i have a question. May be its very stupid or already answered but i dont know.

I take 1 mg of oral finasteride. Is there any benefit to add low dose finas to my minoxidil? May be it can lower scalp dht a little bit more?
Im risking for more sides? The sides with oral are manageable but i dont want to increase them.

Thanks!
I think it's possible, because at the end of the day the goal is to target scalp DHT specifically, and when you take it systemically it doesn't target the scalp. So in theory it would probably create some progress. Probably wouldn't really increases the side effect profile if you're already taking it orally. However, finasteride raises T a little bit, and if you're applying it to the hairline it could potentially worsen it. Ideally, you'd probably be better off with RU on the hairline, and finasteride/dutasteride on the crown.

Lurker otto

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it's possible, because at the end of the day the goal is to target scalp DHT specifically, and when you take it systemically it doesn't target the scalp. So in theory it would probably create some progress. Probably wouldn't really increases the side effect profile if you're already taking it orally. However, finasteride raises T a little bit, and if you're applying it to the hairline it could potentially worsen it. Ideally, you'd probably be better off with RU on the hairline, and finasteride/dutasteride on the crown.
Thanks for the response! Yeah, my issue is with the hairline, i want regrowth there.
I cant get RU in my country, and we have to pay lot of taxes to buy something from another country.. so RU its not an option for me..
Do you believe topical finas can worsen the hairline? Now im scared lol

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the response! Yeah, my issue is with the hairline, i want regrowth there.
I cant get RU in my country, and we have to pay lot of taxes to buy something from another country.. so RU its not an option for me..
Do you believe topical finas can worsen the hairline? Now im scared lol
It could make it better, it could make it worse, just depends on the individual. If you've gotten improvement on your hairline from the oral version then I don't see the topical making it worse.

Lurker otto

My Regimen
Reaction score
It could make it better, it could make it worse, just depends on the individual. If you've gotten improvement on your hairline from the oral version then I don't see the topical making it worse.
I haven't got any regrowth from the oral version, but you are right, its depends.
Thanks for the response!