New Topical finasteride Study - Efficacy + Sides

Test subject X

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried to get my Doctor to prescribe topical finasteride... no luck. He "does not understand the formulation". and before he told me rogaine is the only treatment available..... i asked minoxidil?? and he said huh??
Idioto.

racisturk

My Regimen
Reaction score
So does topical finasteride has less side effects than oral ? And can we prepare homemade topical finas?

Meeee199

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use Morr-F.

Sides
-- Itching, which is probably because of the glycol or alcohol in it.
-- A little excessive growth of hair. My eyebrows are starting to connect to the hairline. Not much, but slightly noticeable.
-- Erections are slightly weaker, libido slighty lower, semen a little watery.

Shedding has all stopped. I think I might be getting some regrowth in my temples.

I used Morr-F from January-mid to April-mid. Shaved my hair in June end and started using Morr-F again. In May and June, my erections and libido became normal, so I am not worried about the finasteride sides, they are quite subtle.

I have never used oral finasteride. Also never used minoxidil alone. And no blood tests.

Also, the smell is pretty strong and lingers if your head is not shaved.

Have been checking my hair with a microscope as well. Never took microscopic pictures for comparison because couldn't find a similar spot to compare. But, when I shave my head, my mother and I check my scalp with the microscope and there is improvement. Some follicles are starting to sprout 2-3 hairs and small hairs, which weren't there before, can be seen. Over the months, there is increase in such follicles.

I have also started applying Rosemary and Peppermint Oil, every 2 out of 3 days, since a month ago.
Can you provide me with the link you use to buy Morr-f ?

Willy Shakespeare

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm curious about what are people's thoughts on using the same topical solution from the study but 0.1% finasteride instead of 0.25% in terms of efficacy, does anyone have a word to say about that?

FinasterideCessation2018

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm curious about what are people's thoughts on using the same topical solution from the study but 0.1% finasteride instead of 0.25% in terms of efficacy, does anyone have a word to say about that?

There is a study about Morr-F and it seems effective:

A New Topical Formulation of Minoxidil and Finasteride Improves Hair Growth in Men with Androgenetic Alopecia (2014)

Unfortunately they didn't measure serum dht, but Finasteride concentration in blood was 9 fold lower than oral.

I ordered two bottles from eBay, waiting for arrival here in Germany.

Whatabouthoes

My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably going to the same and buzz and apply morr f. Really apprehensive and wondering if the buzz will make more go systemic. I have mild diffusing along the hairline but nothing anywhere else

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
topical finasteride seems like the only safe option, we need studies to know this question : is topical finasteride going systemic or not?

even if it goes systematic I guess It's like you would take microdose of finasteride.you would not notice any side effects?! dunno. but of course it depends o nthe concentration 0,1 is far from 2,5%.. But That's wat polichem are working on with their formula in order to keep most of the drug up there...

Ilia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
after 2 month of free of topical finasteride from italian pharmacy i applied it again(4 pumps like in instruction and rub all over top of the head, temples, front). not noticed any dizziness but received feelings that i have more hair and confidence, only problem-very thick sperm in pieces, and it 100% not a dehydration problem! no blows like without finasteride! in general i don't think and feel that finasteride is right for our hormonal routes and men's health but my supplements do nothing with regrow, probably only holding....so if you want to be like Peter North with his blows finasteride is no way! celery and full hydration+sport won't help....

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
One thing that the study don't consider is that we use another lotions and is chronic use. Using Ethanol and PG in long term make the skin more permeable, this increase drastically the systemic absorption .

soundnvision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
after 2 month of free of topical finasteride from italian pharmacy i applied it again(4 pumps like in instruction and rub all over top of the head, temples, front). not noticed any dizziness but received feelings that i have more hair and confidence, only problem-very thick sperm in pieces, and it 100% not a dehydration problem! no blows like without finasteride! in general i don't think and feel that finasteride is right for our hormonal routes and men's health but my supplements do nothing with regrow, probably only holding....so if you want to be like Peter North with his blows finasteride is no way! celery and full hydration+sport won't help....
So you want to be bald just so that you can shoot a few cms more of spunk.
Okay.

veneno

My Regimen
Reaction score
the skin is a sponge , it will absorbe every thing and it will go sestemic even at small dosage

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sick and tired of hearing the word finasteride. Even topical of this sh*t will give you sides. Pray zix will work for me.