New Topical finasteride Study - Efficacy + Sides

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
The systemic absorption can be as little as 2.5% so 2.5mg = 0.06mg

How did they come up with 2.5%? I applied 2ml of 5% minoxidil 0.20% finasteride solution (i.e 4mg) daily and got side effects within 1 month.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
How did they come up with 2.5%? I applied 2ml of 5% minoxidil 0.20% finasteride solution (i.e 4mg) daily and got side effects within 1 month.

No im going based off of the absorption rate thats documented for most hormonal gels. Problem of course being that finasteride's dosage curve against DHT is basically flat so even slightly getting into the bloodstream results in a large DHT drop... Don't know if that means there is an equally large drop in 5AR as an enzyme itself though.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe the correct approach is not to look for studies on incidence of side effects of finasteride in various forms, but instead to look at the chances of it giving YOU side effects. For the minority that do get side effects the experience can be devastating.
If you lower your DHT, you will have side effect. The only chance not too, is if your are producing out of scale DHT. Is like reducing your Testosterone a 70 % , it will give side effects to everyone. It depend if you tolerate it or not. But, what is worst, is not just DHT, 5-alpha reductase is part of many reactions in the body, for example, the conversion of Pregnolone into alopregnolone ( a calm neurosteroid ) .

So, the only real way is to know if it goes systemic and how much is the reduction of DHT in the entire body.

spasticated

Reaction score
It already exists but liposomes absorb really well and can go even more systemic than a normal topical.

so did this study use non-liposomal topical? and there was only 5% systemic absorption?? can someone clarify this? I thought the whole point of liposomal was for less systemic absorption?

Also where can we buy topical finasteride online??

(without minoxidil)

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
so did this study use non-liposomal topical? and there was only 5% systemic absorption?? can someone clarify this? I thought the whole point of liposomal was for less systemic absorption?

Also where can we buy topical finasteride online??

(without minoxidil)

Correct this was literally like dropping finasteride powder in minoxidil lol.

No liposomal is for the sake of penetration. Especially if something has a molar mass greater than 500 (dalton gate) liposomes help penetrate. Its because of liposomes that you can get away with using a tenth of the dosage compared to normal topical. However bit of a double edged sword with finasteride because it has such a flat dosage response curve even a 10th results in a large DHT drop.

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No im going based off of the absorption rate thats documented for most hormonal gels. Problem of course being that finasteride's dosage curve against DHT is basically flat so even slightly getting into the bloodstream results in a large DHT drop... Don't know if that means there is an equally large drop in 5AR as an enzyme itself though.
To be honest finasteride inhibition of 5ars is quite linear ,5mg inhibits almost all your 5ar2s with one dose , 0.5 mg could inhibit 30-40 % of your 5ar2s or something . The thing is that these enzymes are non functional once finasteride binds to them , meaning that finasteride might leave your bloodstream in 24hrs but these enzymes are still non functional until they are replaced naturally which might take a week or maybe more . So practically if you would take 1mg of finasteride once a week you should probably have dht levels between 100 % and 30 % , but i dont know if that would help side effect-wise , it definitely wouldnt help your hair that much

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I found a study from 1999 about topical finasteride
https://www.fertstert.org/article/S0015-0282(00)00600-2/fulltext

Interesting quotes:
"Despite daily application of 2.5–5 mg of topical finasteride, there was no increase in circulating testosterone or decrease in DHT levels over 6 months."

"The lack of effect of topical finasteride suggests that oral finasteride works by decreasing circulating DHT levels."

Doesn't look like the study went into detail about change in hair annoyingly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ayy, I got theory. feel free to shoot the sh*t out of it lol.

sooo, just to give u some background I am anti anything that gives sides considering i got sides from shen min mens hair formula (oral) with foti ti aka estrogenic herb, and saw palmetto plus some other random sh*t.

But if we are talking straight up here Im ether gunnna have to bite the bullet or just call it a day and shave....

Back to the topical finasteride...

So if the finasteride does not go very systemic thats gr8.

However even if it does still go systemic, could one not just take creatine (proven to massively increase DHT) or Anavar (A DHT Derivative Anabolic Steroid that does that same sh*t DHT does) to counter and systemic finasteride effects?

Now I know u may be thinking that is counter to the entire point of taking finasteride... but seeing finasteride prevents Testosterone from converting to DHT by way of reducing 5AR, introducing extrnal sources of DHT should counter act that. The problem is I have no idea how the body uses creatine to creat more DHT... if it needs 5AR then u would still be fucked. If not then by taking Creatine daily and Anavar should u so choose you would literally avoid any small systemic issues with Topical finasteride.

As long as the follicles up top are protected in that region one should be good to go right??

Would the finasteride in the follices stop the DHT from binding?? or is that was Brotion is doing with the Equol... trying to bind the equol to the receptor so its not raped by DHT??

What u think?

f*** me Brotion better f*****g work and not f*** us up :(

Last edited:

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would the finasteride in the follices stop the DHT from binding?? or is that was Brotion is doing with the Equol... trying to bind the equol to the receptor so its not raped by DHT??

The finasteride is merely meant to prevent conversion of Test to DHT. Brotzu is supposed to actually bind to the DHT. However in regard to steroids both would be ineffective because the super-physiologically high increases in both Test and DHT would be far more overpowering than what could be prevented.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
The finasteride is merely meant to prevent conversion of Test to DHT. Brotzu is supposed to actually bind to the DHT. However in regard to steroids both would be ineffective because the super-physiologically high increases in both Test and DHT would be far more overpowering than what could be prevented.
So if this study is legit, what we need is only: Ethanol + PG + Water + Crush finasteride pill ? Sound too easy to be true.

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
So if this study is legit, what we need is only: Ethanol + PG + Water + Crush finasteride pill ? Sound too easy to be true.

Does anyone have the ratios for each compound? im going to make some up to replace my liposomal as ive just found out it could be doing the opposite to what I want

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone have the ratios for each compound? im going to make some up to replace my liposomal as ive just found out it could be doing the opposite to what I want
did you get side effects on the liposomal ?

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score

Basically although the filler in the pills wont dissolve so finasteride powder would be ideal.

I would be worried for two reasons though 1) rubbing say 5mg on your head you have actually no idea how much is absorbing in reality and 2) i'd be concerned about the efficacy.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
If these type of results have come around with just topical finasteride in a normal vehicle im surprised that the italian pharma, amongst others have used the same 0.25% concentration in liposomes. They should know that liposomes are much more absorbing . If 0.25% in a normal vehicle is truly adequate for equal efficacy to that of the 1mg pill then you could probably go 0.05% liposomal.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
If these type of results have come around with just topical finasteride in a normal vehicle im surprised that the italian pharma, amongst others have used the same 0.25% concentration in liposomes. They should know that liposomes are much more absorbing . If 0.25% in a normal vehicle is truly adequate for equal efficacy to that of the 1mg pill then you could probably go 0.05% liposomal.

Thats why, studies like this, shocked me. We did all complicated thing such as liposome and P-3074 just to minimize systemic absorption and one study say with just normal vehicle, there is litterally minimum systemic absorption.

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score
All i can say is that i been on a Topical mix of 10% minoxidil and 0.1% Finasteride the last 4 months and i had no side effects from it.

I did have a dizziness the first 10-15 days of 10%minoxidil when i started with that in February.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
All i can say is that i been on a Topical mix of 10% minoxidil and 0.1% Finasteride the last 4 months and i had no side effects from it.

I did have a dizziness the first 10-15 days of 10%minoxidil when i started with that in February.

Where is the 0.1% finasteride coming from ? Making yourself ?