New Topical finasteride Study - Efficacy + Sides

FinePhotograph

My Regimen
Reaction score
UGLcRJ2
Reference 20 is the polichem study, I'm not sure how their solution varies from polichem because I cannot find polichem solution info. Missed my algebra lecture trying to read this shite

arsenal247

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think i'd be keen to try this. Shall we all try to do a review of the available studies and work out the best vehicle and concentration?

Has anyone on this forum had sides from the exact same formulation as the July study?

arsenal247

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also are there any studies to prove the impact of females coming into contact with the topical finasteride? If you sleep in the same bed it's pretty likely this would occur over tests of use?

jared garnith

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
there's a theory that doing topical finasteride every 3 days would be a good add on treatment that may help one to avoid sides

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on liposomal finasteride for 5 months, Zinc thymulin for 2 - definitely seeing a reduction in shedding. Not sure which one is doing the most work but my guess would be the liposomal finasteride.

jared garnith

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on liposomal finasteride for 5 months, Zinc thymulin for 2 - definitely seeing a reduction in shedding. Not sure which one is doing the most work but my guess would be the liposomal finasteride.
do you know of any other users who had sides on oral but not on topical?

Fgsfds

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Liposomal finasteride is already a thing? Wtf, then why tf are people even caring about brotzu? Is there a thread for that?

Yepesyellow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pharmacia Parati currently provide a liposomal topical finasteride formulation devised by Hasson and Wong. Part of the reason that the H&W formulation is not incredibly popular is that there is no verifiable information on the formulation’s systemic potential; although it is an interesting option.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Liposomal finasteride is already a thing? Wtf, then why tf are people even caring about brotzu? Is there a thread for that?

It already exists but liposomes absorb really well and can go even more systemic than a normal topical.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...teride-admixed-with-3-minoxidil.115533/page-3

I read your post about this study:

Effects of a novel finasteride 0.25% topical solution on scalp and serum dihydrotestosterone in healthy men with androgenetic alopecia. (2016)

RESULTS:
Change from baseline in scalp DHT was -70% for P-3074 o.d. and approx. -50% for P-3074 b.i.d. and the tablet. Serum DHT decreased by 60 - 70%. The doses of 100 and 200 μL P-3074 resulted in a -47/-52% scalp DHT reduction, similar to the 300 and 400 μL doses (i.e., -37/-54%). A -5.6% inhibition was observed for the vehicle. Serum DHT was reduced by only -24/-26% with 100 and 200 μL P-3074 and by -44/-48% with 300 and 400 μL P-3074. No relevant changes occurred for serum testosterone.

But this study use special patent vehicle. While the order study don't. I can test DHT here. But the best, may be we can all put money, someone that don't use dutasteride or finaster, make a lab test for DHT, then use topical finasteride for a month, and then have another blood test.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
isn't 1ml of 0.25% solution equal to 2.5 mg? that's 2.5x the oral dose.

I really think a better test is to ensure you answer YES to ALL of the questions below before deciding to take it, be it oral or topical :

do you have high libido?
do you get regular morning erections?
are your breasts normal shape and size for a male?
do you have normal to high-normal DHT?
do you have normal to high-normal T?
do you have good erectile function?

0.25 % is 0.25 grams per 100 ml of lotion, meaning every night, if you apply 2 ml you will be apply 0.005 grams . That is 5mg each night.
The only thing that really matter if it goes systemic or not.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
But this study use special patent vehicle. While the order study don't. I can test DHT here. But the best, may be we can all put money, someone that don't use dutasteride or finaster, make a lab test for DHT, then use topical finasteride for a month, and then have another blood test.

Correct me if I am wrong:
A patented (complicated) vehicle => 25% reduction in serum DHT
Ethanol : PG : Distilled Water => 5% reduction in serum DHT

Wtf am I reading ?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score

Wtf am I reading ?

Yes, same I thought . I am trying to get access to the full study .

Fgsfds

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Wtf am I reading ?
Makes no sense at all. This is like the most basic vehicle you can invent.

Has NOBODY tried this before?

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
0.25 % is 0.25 grams per 100 ml of lotion, meaning every night, if you apply 2 ml you will be apply 0.005 grams . That is 5mg each night.
1 ml of 0.25 % finasteride contains 2.5mg

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score

I believe the correct approach is not to look for studies on incidence of side effects of finasteride in various forms, but instead to look at the chances of it giving YOU side effects. For the minority that do get side effects the experience can be devastating.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where did you hear about that? I always thought it would be less absorbed

A pharmacist. The point of liposomes is so they can absorb insanely well. The misconception is just that because they deliver substance so well topically you can just get away with using much much less.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
isn't 1ml of 0.25% solution equal to 2.5 mg? that's 2.5x the oral dose.

I really think a better test is to ensure you answer YES to ALL of the questions below before deciding to take it, be it oral or topical :

do you have high libido?
do you get regular morning erections?
are your breasts normal shape and size for a male?
do you have normal to high-normal DHT?
do you have normal to high-normal T?
do you have good erectile function?

The systemic absorption can be as little as 2.5% so 2.5mg = 0.06mg