New Study: Topical Cetirizine For Androgenetic Alopecia Shows Promise

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No it's not like every other treatment. Minoxidil and finasteride work for the majority. I've tried these about three or four months and i have nothing to report.
Inflammation imo is not a cause of Androgenetic Alopecia and if it was so, roxithromycin wouldn't have failed in clinical trials about a decade ago.
If you have any photos or any link from the German forum it would be much appreciated.

You are stupid. Minoxidil works for the minority? Funny, it works for maybe 30%. And 3 to 4 month is nothing. I'm using minoxidil and until month 5 I had no regrowth or stop of hairloss but after this i got massive regrowth.

ganonford

Established Member
Reaction score
Not this crap again... cetirizine, diclofenac (voltaren), ibuprofen, you name it. Be it internal, topical, using one vehicle or another one, whatever. All this things, (and way many more on the same vein) were tried back on the days of the cetirizine craze a couple of years ago... guess what it al lead to?...

Sorry, don't mean to sound like an ***... I'm just absolutely jaded and tired, but don't mind me.

Pacey123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The only real way to find out whether this is gonna work or not is by finding people who dedicate themselves for using the exact same amount and carrier as in the study while being on no other treatment atm. The next thing is to be consistent for at least 6 months.

The problem is always the same, people mix several drugs including minoxidil ind fina which are known to work and claim results from the third, unproven treatment OR they just give up because they didn't go from NW3 to NW1 in two weeks.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Not this crap again... cetirizine, diclofenac (voltaren), ibuprofen, you name it. Be it internal, topical, using one vehicle or another one, whatever. All this things, (and way many more on the same vein) were tried back on the days of the cetirizine craze a couple of years ago... guess what it al lead to?...

Sorry, don't mean to sound like an ***... I'm just absolutely jaded and tired, but don't mind me.

Why do you compare Voltaren with ibuprofen? Ibuprofen has no effect on hair but for Diclofenac (Ibuprofen) there are studies and success reports in German forums. Don't be mad because it didn't work for you...

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just sent a pharmacy the study and had my ok for the prescription. I'll be testing this and another thing and this is my last attempt, after that I just can't keep worrying about this. It's no joke ruining my life

Only on minoxidil now, no finasteride
what vehicle?

resu

Reaction score
Why do you compare Voltaren with ibuprofen? Ibuprofen has no effect on hair but for Diclofenac (Ibuprofen) there are studies and success reports in German forums. Don't be mad because it didn't work for you...

How are they using Diclofenac in the German forums? Any links to a thread with photos?

There was with Ceti.

ganonford

Established Member
Reaction score

It was not like it did not work for me... It was more like it did not work for NO ONE OF THE DOZENS of guys using it. You think it was just about me and a couple of guys?, in those days there were guys trying different doses and vehicles for cetirizine in a LOT of forums and communities. Many of us of course, knew about those germans guys. What?, you don't think this is new, do you?. The succes of the german forum users were like, only two people, and their succes was... well... not at all impressive, to say the least (many of us could not even see such succes at all). And the reason some were even on ibuprofen (and other things) is because, back then, many of the guys believed that using ciclooxigenase inhibitors to reduce the productions of certain prostaglandines could help.

ganonford

Established Member
Reaction score
Now, don't get me wrong, I am not against you guys experimenting with cetirizine, if you want to do it, more power to you of course. It is just hard for guys like me to get excited for this kind of things when a couple of years ago there were just so many people trying it in so many different ways. We even had a couple of doctors in some forums helping with vehicles and whatnot. We pretty much left no stone unturned or so many jaded guys like me believe, but who knows? you guys may find something new. Something different may come out of this. But seeing the same study, the same german "succes" stories and thigs like that, I just find it hard to believe, but good luck (I am not being sarcastic).

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Now, don't get me wrong, I am not against you guys experimenting with cetirizine, if you want to do it, more power to you of course. It is just hard for guys like me to get excited for this kind of things when a couple of years ago there were just so many people trying it in so many different ways. We even had a couple of doctors in some forums helping with vehicles and whatnot. We pretty much left no stone unturned or so many jaded guys like me believe, but who knows? you guys may find something new. Something different may come out of this. But seeing the same study, the same german "succes" stories and thigs like that, I just find it hard to believe, but good luck (I am not being sarcastic).

Who is talking about Cetirizine? I know that it's sh*t and it doesn't work. I wrote that we already tested it in Germany and it failed so pls what is your freaking problem? I was talking about Diclofenac. And I never said that Diclofenac is a cure or something, I only said that it can help against hairloss and that there are studies and success reports in the German forum.
http://journalssc.com/?page=article&article_id=33470

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3686323/

I told him to post photos or at least a link and he didn't answer. Guess why....

Dude stfu, I'm not your mom. Do not except any help if you are disrespectful. Google it for yourself, I don't need to proof you anything. "alopezie.de voltaren bei mir scheint das zeug zu funktionieren" Go for it and have fun.

Last edited:

ganonford

Established Member
Reaction score
Who is talking about Cetirizine? I know that it's sh*t and it doesn't work. I wrote that we already tested it in Germany and it failed so pls what is your freaking problem? I was talking about Diclofenac..

And I told you that we ALSO used diclofenac, a lot of guys actually, in fact, that is exactly the reason why I mentioned ibuprofen earlier, because just like diclofenac, it works as a cyclooxygenase inhibitor, which was supposed to be the reason why diclofenac "should" work for hair loss.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
And I told you that we ALSO used diclofenac, a lot of guys actually, in fact, that is exactly the reason why I mentioned ibuprofen earlier, because just like diclofenac, it works as a cyclooxygenase inhibitor, which was supposed to be the reason why diclofenac "should" work for hair loss.

We don't even know why diclofenac works and saying that it's the same like ibuprofen is so stupid. There is a big difference. If you don't want to destroy your body you shouldn't take diclofenac oral. With ibuprofen it's no problem. That shows that it works completley different.

Btw. I don't care anymore, do what you want, take your cetirizine or whatever. :)

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol Cetirizine again. What year is it?

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What would be the mechanism of cetrizine in male pattern baldness. Can reduced mast-cell release of histamin have any impact on miniaturization?

Recall from Garza et al that Mast cell proliferation is seen around the balding follicles

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so, is there someone here who made the lotion from the study ?

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not the same as in the study. I have no idea how to do that. I have made a 2% solution dissolving cetirizine tablets in neogenic. I then used a coffee filter to get rid of the filler and other stuff. I have swapped OC for this, which is a bit of a gamble. But OC is very expensive and haven't been able to use it in the concentration I'd like. Found a lot of sources for raw cetirizine powner on alibaba, thinking of using that for my next solution. Anyone else thinking about that?

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why is their vehicle hard to make ?
Isn't it clear what they mean or is it hard to buy ?

Newerah

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
o_O....C'mon...we only want a new treatment more effective with less sides and fda approval. RELEASE A NEW TREATMENT NOW.

Norwoodcemetary

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Funny how we all bounce from hairloss2020 to btt to HairLossTalk.com lol...ahh the baldcel life.....anyway does citrizine do anything?

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I e-mailed the corresponding author about the preparation of the lotion. I will post if i get a reply.
what did they answer finally? what was the vehicle ty.