New Study: Topical Cetirizine For Androgenetic Alopecia Shows Promise

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have to use allergy medication bc if my allergies and also my itchy scalp. Do u think oral cetirizine helps in any way?

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have to use allergy medication bc if my allergies and also my itchy scalp. Do u think oral cetirizine helps in any way?

No one knows probably, but many other anti-histamines inhibit Cox and thus reduce PGE2. So Ceti where we have no study implying it is bad for hair is probably the safest choice orally if it works for your allergy.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No one knows probably, but many other anti-histamines inhibit Cox and thus reduce PGE2. So Ceti where we have no study implying it is bad for hair is probably the safest choice orally if it works for your allergy.

are you using it yourself or have you ever ?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score

That is not how antihistamines works. If inhibit cox, they only will inhibit the good prostaglandines for the hair and that is why AINES don't work to treat hair loss.
Cetirizines decrease PDG2 but increase PGE2 ( good for hair ) . This paper, for example , show that minoxidil increase PGE2 :
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9008235

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That is not how antihistamines works. If inhibit cox, they only will inhibit the good prostaglandines for the hair and that is why AINES don't work to treat hair loss.
Cetirizines decrease PDG2 but increase PGE2 ( good for hair ) . This paper, for example , show that minoxidil increase PGE2 :
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9008235

Wtf did you do to my text?

First of all, one f*****g in-vitro study doesnt proof jackshit. So far it didnt dmg hair in A. Rossy his studies. So thats good.

Secondly, yes some anti-histamines did show to inhibit Cox/PGE2, see desloratadine as example. Obviously the main target of anti-histamines is blocking allergic reactions based on histamine but that doesnt mean it wont have other mechanisms.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wtf did you do to my text?

First of all, one f*****g in-vitro study doesnt proof jackshit. So far it didnt dmg hair in A. Rossy his studies. So thats good.

Secondly, yes some anti-histamines did show to inhibit Cox/PGE2, see desloratadine as example. Obviously the main target of anti-histamines is blocking allergic reactions based on histamine but that doesnt mean it wont have other mechanisms.

have you ever used it ?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any practical options to try topically?

The oral drop can be found in many countries, just be sure is nto the one for kids ( that is 0.1 % instead of 1 % ) . And it have almost the same vehicles that any topical lotion ( plus some sweaters that will not change anything )

omega

My Regimen
Reaction score
i have been using ceti (without minoxidil) in about 1.5 months and my hairloss has slowed down and grow my back of temples ( baby hairs ).

but not just ceti..
I using stemox, ceti, castrol, and vitamins.. sometimes UVB lamp and 1,5mm dermaroller.. shampoo is revita..

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

deraj

Reaction score
i have been using ceti (without minoxidil) in about 1.5 months and my hairloss has slowed down and grow my back of temples ( baby hairs ).

but not just ceti..
I using stemox, ceti, castrol, and vitamins.. sometimes UVB lamp and 1,5mm dermaroller.. shampoo is revita..

Hey @omega could I ask how your applying the cet?? Are you making your own solution? And if so could I ask how you are making it? Thank you

omega

My Regimen
Reaction score

Tommo1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use the liquid gel caps 10mg , squeeze the gel onto head then 1mil of minoxidil and rub in.
The real reason I know this is working, I’m also on 450-500mg of boldenone undecylenate to help with surgery I just had on my shoulder

I’ve used this a few times in the past and every time massive sheds, this time I’d be lucky to get 1-2 hairs out by brushing.

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i have been testing 10mg per ml of kids oral drops on one temple for 1 month and i seem to tell a difference in growth on that side so just started applying on my whole head this morning.. no sides before but today since i do a larger area... i did notice a funny taste in the back of my mouth and eyes and mouth seem drier.

have i used too much ? is their any risks of long term histamine topical ? i.e is twice a day safe ?

or should i change to the weaker 5mg per 5 ml solution for less side effect ?

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend where to be getting Cetirizine here in the UK ? I've come across the 5mg/5ml solution but cant find the 1% solution anywhere ? Obviously you can buy the 10mg tablets as well but would imagine they have a ton of filler in them as well so not ideal for making a solution with ?