New Studies Show Vit D Implicated In Hair Loss And Calcipotriol

InBeforeTheCure

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It makes sense as a simple adaption.

The further you go north the weaker the sun gets due to the angle of the earth to the sun. Additionally Europe was completely covered in forest.

If you had a weaker vdr expression, going bald was the one mutation, that would help y Po it survival. >> Sun collector theory.

But people from the Middle East -- a high UV environment -- also have a high rate of balding. If sun collector theory is true, why would that be?

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
TGFb-1?!! earlier I mentioned that testosterone increases TGFb, however I checked my sources and maybe I was mistaken at the specifics of the number, Test seems to increase TGFb-2, "Caffeine counteracted testosterone-enhanced TGF-β2 protein expression in male HFs" https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24836650

This study says Minoxidil "inhibits of TGF beta induced apoptosis of hair matrix cells by opening the Kir 6.0 channel pore coupled with SUR on the mitochondrial inner membrane" https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11915519?dopt=AbstractPlus
But it didn't specify number??

Pretty much everything I've ever read online says that TGF beta puts hair in catagen phase... So now I'm confused if VDR, stimulates TGFb1 or what the differences between TGFb1 and TGFb2 is?? I don't know, somebody help me

You might be onto something bro. I was looking at apoptosis earlier.

TGF-b it is upregulated in Androgenetic Alopecia.

Great read on the actual differences between balding and non-balding hair:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5265840/

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It just seems like everything leads onto another pathway and is effected or unregulated by something else and if you were ever to try and inhibit these processes you'd probably get cancer. My head hurts from hours and hours of reading. I really wanna beat this but hair is an organ and I don't think we'll ever be able to stop it from doing what it wants, not without consequences anyway.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
It just seems like everything leads onto another pathway and is effected or unregulated by something else and if you were ever to try and inhibit these processes you'd probably get cancer. My head hurts from hours and hours of reading. I really wanna beat this but hair is an organ and I don't think we'll ever be able to stop it from doing what it wants, not without consequences anyway.
don't give up man, I will keep fighting no matter what, if i have to dig up recently dead Norwood 0 bodies someday and steal their hair follicles, I will!!!
but really, I think we are getting somewhere with this VDR stuff.

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
don't give up man, I will keep fighting no matter what, if i have to dig up recently dead Norwood 0 bodies someday and steal their hair follicles, I will!!!

I'm just not smart enough dude! I didn't want to jump on a risky regime but i better do it soon before it's too late

I'm running out of time

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm just not smart enough dude! I didn't want to jump on a risky regime but i better do it soon before it's too late

I'm running out of time
right here is a good place to learn. Is your regime really nothing? cause it should be something

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think so to definetly some majour link to vdr receptor. My only questions now is if their is a way to make up for these malfunctioning vdr receptors with either topical or internal vit d supplementation? Also does the vdr receptor change before after puberty vs male pattern baldness sufferes or not. We need more clinical trials and people to test some of the things mentioned above.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think so to definetly some majour link to vdr receptor. My only questions now is if their is a way to make up for these malfunctioning vdr receptors with either topical or internal vit d supplementation? Also does the vdr receptor change before after puberty vs male pattern baldness sufferes or not. We need more clinical trials and people to test some of the things mentioned above.
I think since DHT downregulates VDR, for it to work it must be used in combination with Antiadrogens/Androgen suppressors. Internal Vitamin D could backfire, I'd trust UVB exposure specifically on the scalp more.

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
right here is a good place to learn. Is your regime really nothing? cause it should be something

Well Finasteride would be pointless cuz by the time it starts to work I will be NW4. I don't see the point in "maintaining" on such a high Norwood. I need something strong like Cypro or Enzalutamide to get my gains back but sides are risky. If I wasn't so sensitive to minoxidil (heart spasms) I would be on that 6 or 7 times a day for sure.

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think since DHT downregulates VDR, for it to work it must be used in combination with Antiadrogens/Androgen suppressors. Internal Vitamin D could backfire, I'd trust UVB exposure specifically on the scalp more.
Yes agree with that uv b on scalp maybe best direct from sun not a risky tanning bed. But hard or impractical in winter. Also i heard some people got skin cancer on their head from tanning beds ! Also someone else on youtube got skin cancer on their scalp after female pattern hairloss ! Double wammy... reason could be i have read that vit d receptor we are lacking in also is the same anti cancer one ! So more susceptible to thay as well. So that leaves topical vit d , or the active form calciptrol or cod liver oil as best options. Does the inactice form and cod liver oil actualy convert to calciptrol in the skin ? Or is the only topical that activates vdr receptor calcioptrol as used in the studies above ?

Ive used cod liver last few weeks so far so good but not much to report yet.. it does reduce any inflammation or itch for sure

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
http://ar.iiarjournals.org/content/26/4A/2543.short

Calciatrol and vit d is an anti tumour anti cancer topical ! So not only will it stop out body attacking the hair follicles but it will allow us more sun on scalp or stop skin cancer of the scalp ! Wow... does cod liver oil or vit d oil from a capsule have the same effect as its easier to source

bassa

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There was this topic about sulforaphne (broccoli sprouts) being helpfull

https://bodyecology.com/articles/2-cruciferous-vegetables-make-it-possible-to-absorb-vitamin-d

Research shows that sulforaphane increases the expression of the VDR gene.(6)

In other words, the sulforaphane that we find in cruciferous vegetables and herbs like wasabi helps the body absorb more vitamin D—improving bone mass, as well as the ability to fight infection, cancer, and inflammation.

Sulforaphane is made when cruciferous vegetables and roots release an enzyme called myrosinase. This happened when we tear, cut, or chew cruciferous plants. The activated enzyme creates sulforaphane. Broccoli and cauliflower sprouts are an especially good source of sulforaphane. (7)

Other edible cruciferous plants include:

• Arugula
  • Bok choy
  • Brussels sprouts
  • Cauliflower
  • Collard greens
  • Horseradish
  • Kale
  • Mizuna
  • Mustard greens
  • Wasabi
  • Watercress

Even with a healthy diet, absorption is what really matters. You can eat vitamin D-rich foods and spend a moderate amount of time in the sun, but your body may not absorb vitamin D efficiently.

Cells receive vitamin D through the vitamin D receptor; the VDR gene codes for this receptor. Sick and unhealthy cells may express less of the VDR gene so that they are not able to accept and use vitamin D. Taking an extra vitamin D supplement won't help—absorption is the problem.

Broccoli and cabbage are two cruciferous vegetables that contain a special molecule called sulforaphane. According to research, sulforaphane increases VDR gene expression. Sulforaphane found in cruciferous vegetables and herbs like wasabi can improve vitamin D absorption to increase bone mass, boost immunity, and fight off inflammation, infection, and cancer.

paleocapa89

Established Member
Reaction score
Just a layman theory here: If vit D/vitD receptor protects from cancer, what if the reason why our body kills our hair is because we have disfunctional vitD receptor (impaired cancer protecton) in a highly proliferative environment (the hair follicle) so another cancer protection mechanism kicks in (second line defense) and our body kills the cells responsible for proliferation (senescence)

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ni

https://bodyecology.com/articles/2-cruciferous-vegetables-make-it-possible-to-absorb-vitamin-d

In other words, the sulforaphane that we find in cruciferous vegetables and herbs like wasabi helps the body absorb more vitamin D—improving bone mass, as well as the ability to fight infection, cancer, and inflammation.

Sulforaphane is made when cruciferous vegetables and roots release an enzyme called myrosinase. This happened when we tear, cut, or chew cruciferous plants. The activated enzyme creates sulforaphane. Broccoli and cauliflower sprouts are an especially good source of sulforaphane. (7)

• Arugula
  • Bok choy
  • Brussels sprouts
  • Cauliflower
  • Collard greens
  • Horseradish
  • Kale
  • Mizuna
  • Mustard greens
  • Wasabi
  • Watercress

Even with a healthy diet, absorption is what really matters. You can eat vitamin D-rich foods and spend a moderate amount of time in the sun, but your body may not absorb vitamin D efficiently.

Cells receive vitamin D through the vitamin D receptor; the VDR gene codes for this receptor. Sick and unhealthy cells may express less of the VDR gene so that they are not able to accept and use vitamin D. Taking an extra vitamin D supplement won't help—absorption is the problem.

Broccoli and cabbage are two cruciferous vegetables that contain a special molecule called sulforaphane. According to research, sulforaphane increases VDR gene expression. Sulforaphane found in cruciferous vegetables and herbs like wasabi can improve vitamin D absorption to increase bone mass, boost immunity, and fight off inflammation, infection, and cancer.
Nice find ! Also just read sulpharophane reduces dht !
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26923074
So calciatrol/vit d and sulpharophane would be a nice topical combo !

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score

• Arugula
  • Bok choy
  • Brussels sprouts
  • Cauliflower
  • Collard greens
  • Horseradish
  • Kale
  • Mizuna
  • Mustard greens
  • Wasabi
  • Watercress

I've been taking Sulforophane supplements for 3 weeks, I didn't know it could increase VDR, that's great if it does, but it's suppose to increase 3a- HSD which is an enzyme that converts DHT to something else. http://www.hairlosscure2020.com/increasing-3-alpha-hydroxysteroid-dehydrogenase-to-treat-hair-loss/
There was a hairloss study with it showing some positive results, but unfortunately on mice. However, there was a a Japanese study, showing broccoli sprouts extract promoting dermal pappila cells, Kinki University.

Also, heard good stuff about wasabi. http://en.rocketnews24.com/2017/05/...te-hair-growth-3-times-faster-than-minoxidil/

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been taking Sulforophane supplements for 3 weeks, I didn't know it could increase VDR, that's great if it does, but it's suppose to increase 3a- HSD which is an enzyme that converts DHT to something else. http://www.hairlosscure2020.com/increasing-3-alpha-hydroxysteroid-dehydrogenase-to-treat-hair-loss/
There was a hairloss study with it showing some positive results, but unfortunately on mice. However, there was a a Japanese study, showing broccoli sprouts extract promoting dermal pappila cells, Kinki University.

Also, heard good stuff about wasabi. http://en.rocketnews24.com/2017/05/...te-hair-growth-3-times-faster-than-minoxidil/

Which supplements? Oral or topical?

copiln

Reaction score
Did any of you had the disease called rachitis when you were born? The disease apears when someone is deficient in vitamin D and bones are deformed slightly. I had rachitis, also acnee and a very oily forhead. Can someone relate?