New School finasteride/Propecia User Support Group

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm giving some real thought to starting the foam but since it's so expensive and a hassel I'm going to give finasteride and nizoral at least 8 months.

-DH

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score
Alrite fellas its been 7 days since I went from .25mg to .5mg Propecia and not a single problem. So far no bad signs or anything.

From what I can see weak weak hair is falling out! while exsisting hair's shafts seem to be thickening up aswell!

TianCross

Reaction score
Well I've been on finasteride for a couple of weeks now and it seems that the weak hairs are falling out which has affected my hairline. I've definately had a bit of a shed. I really don't want to receede any further so if adding roagaine foam will help me then I'll probably do it. It's just the thought of having to do that twice a day for years and years... I guess if someone could guarantee that finasteride would just halt the recession then I'd bite their hand off!

menace

Reaction score
alright guys, we have a problem.

i am getting hit with a bad case of weak erections. i've been dating this new girl now for a few weeks, and out of the 7 or 8 times we've had sex, i havent been my old self at all. erections are weak, and sometimes fade after several minutes.

this sucks bigtime. been on the finpecia now for about 2 months, and my hair is looking better than ever, but what good is that if i cant please the girl that the new hair helped me get?! lol.

anyways, i'm pretty upset right now. thinking about getting off the finpecia asap and seeing if the sides disappear. needless to say, i am a little worried......

menace

Reaction score
forgot to add that my semen has also become more clear than usual.

in total, these sides have been going on for maybe 3-4 weeks. wondering if maybe its just me worrying to death....

trying to decide whether to stop immediately, lower the dosage from .5 to .25mg, or to just wait things out for another couple weeks. argh.... very frustrating stuff....

menace

Reaction score
further insight: during the first couple weeks i was on finasteride, my sex drive and erections were through the roof. it was so bad i was getting the urge to just whip it out and start jerking in public lol.

so an initial spike followed by a decline.... maybe things will balance out? its hard for me to want to quit entirely because my hair, after only 2 months, looks utterly amazing.....thicker than its been in years. but not being able to perform.... well that is something that i cant deal with.....

i will have to decide today.

TianCross

Reaction score
Hey Menace,

Sorry to hear about your problems buddy - I have to say I'd consider stopping if I had the same problems as you... But I'd give it time though as it might just even out. I have the opposite problem to you - my sex drive is crazy now! I've been on for over three weeks now and it's still the same. But I wouldn't want to not be able to maintain when I'm with my girlfriend... Does it happen every time?

screwdht

Reaction score
I'm just about to start finasteride again.
I'm 19 years old, been thinning since about 16. I was on finasteride for about a year (17-18) and had decent results, but stopped after the refill date expired cause i was lazy hah. I'll probably start minoxidil a few months later.
Does anyone know how much generic proscar costs?

menace

Reaction score
TianCross said:
Hey Menace,

Sorry to hear about your problems buddy - I have to say I'd consider stopping if I had the same problems as you... But I'd give it time though as it might just even out. I have the opposite problem to you - my sex drive is crazy now! I've been on for over three weeks now and it's still the same. But I wouldn't want to not be able to maintain when I'm with my girlfriend... Does it happen every time?

yea i had something similiar where for the first couple weeks i was horny as fuk!

so far with the new girl, its happened every other time where i just really cant maintain. with my last ex, that was never an issue at all.

anyways, i'm lowering my dose to .25mg finasteride, and i also just picked up some l-arginine and a gnc horny goat weed blend for some added help. hopefully everything will balance out over the next month. if not, goodbye finasteride.

screwdht

Reaction score
I just started finasteride again (1mg) today, and i'm very excited. last time I didn't have any side effects either. I'm 19, i'm hoping to at least thicken everything up, and if i dont within a year ill add minoxidil.
Can anyone think of anything else i should be taking? im also using nizoral.

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score
screwdht said:
I just started finasteride again (1mg) today, and i'm very excited. last time I didn't have any side effects either. I'm 19, i'm hoping to at least thicken everything up, and if i dont within a year ill add minoxidil.
Can anyone think of anything else i should be taking? im also using nizoral.
You are on the ball keep it simple at first Big 2. When times get desperate start adding minoxidil

This way you'll have some idea if finasteride is working so I'd wait until sh*t hits the fan to use minoxidil (not saying it will happen)

TianCross

Reaction score
I came out of the shower today with a handful of hair (mine is long so I can collect it all) - going through a major shed. Afterwards I put it up in a hair band and noticed that the left temple has never looked so bad. It's taking an absolute dicking if you excuse the expression. I think it's definately time to really start considering Rogaine. Has anyone else had similar effects on their temples and recovered??

I have no idea what horny goat is...

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
Figured I would pop in for an update. I'm now on the two month mark and seeing some results. Overall my hair is still a bit thinner from the shed, but seems to be growing back nicely. Soon I think I will buzz again and do some more comparison shots. On the really bright side I'm seeing some regrowth around the temple areas. Thin blond hairs are popping up and growing in thicker and thicker. More on the right side that left wich is cool since that side was the worse by a far.

Also no reduction in sex drive or any of the dreaded side effects at all. I'm even now playing around with the idea of adding in a growth stimulant in the next few months to turbo charge the regrowth.

-DH

BlindFan

Established Member
Reaction score
thats great news die hard....keep us posted. It sounds like your headed in the right direction and youre on path for some good results

menace

Reaction score
update for me:

.5mg finasteride since 9/15

the sexual sides i had seem to have dissapeared.... they could have been related to being with a new gf and the anxiety that comes with that kinda thing. i started to supplement with arginine and horny goat weed, and now things seem to have stabilized.

initially my hair looked great, now it seems to have shed a bit, but still looks pretty decent. i guess thats all for now! i'll report back at the 3 month mark (12/15)

:hairy:

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
anyone think we should start a thread specificaly for posting progress pics of people who aren't using any growth stimulants and just finasteride/nizoral and maybe some vitamins or something? Seems like it would be a good idea to chart how well it works without the aid of a stimulant like min/tricomin

-DH

baylorbear

Reaction score
dudes,

ive been using finasteride for about 5 and half months. have not really seen any progress or recession. i feel like my hair is thinner, but i may just be paranoid, who knows. i just know that i lose a lot of hair every day. the hair im losing looks thinner and lighter at the base, and thicker and darker at the tip. some of the hair im losing is just thin and white. is this a good sign? i also recently added nizoral 1%, and t-gel, and my scalp is still itchy intermittently throughout the day. i still, also, get this white goo under my nails when i scratch my head, but no dandruff. any idea how to fix that?

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes you should be excited. It means that its 'working'. All hair should regrow thick and nice. Take before and after pics. Wait at least a year before making your final judgment.