New School finasteride/Propecia User Support Group

fromchicago

Established Member
Reaction score
identify yourselves!

Hey,

I noticed that there are a few of us that have just started finasteride, say in the last 3-4 months or so. I think it be a good idea to get a thread going as a support group of sorts. I know this board is a support group in itself, but I feel there's enough of us to create a sub-support group if you will.

I just feel better knowing there are people is the same shoes as myself. Perhaps we can ride out the highs and lows together.

Please post your age and regimin and length of efforts.

finasteride start Date: Aug 27th, 2008
Additional Regimine items: Nizoral

FreeloaderUK

Established Member
Reaction score
Age 20

finasteride start date : June 13th 2008 (then still aged 19)

additional regimen items: Nizoral (every 3 days), minoxidil (hairline only)

hair definitley has thinned since start of regimen :( vertex & crown seem thinner.

f999

Reaction score

Received finasteride in the mail and began taking it last tuesday (sept 16th) so its been almost a week on that and havent noticed any serious side effects as of yet.

Picked up generic rogaine liquid at walmart two days ago (sept 20th) and a bottle of nizoral 1% a week ago also. That about wraps it up! Wish me luck

fromchicago

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, that's a start. Misery loves company, right?

How are you guys doing with all this?

Are you obsessing like I am? I check this board 8 times a day now (including while at work), look at peoples' heads in public, etc. etc.. I've pretty much scoured every success thread.

I need to learn to just swallow my little pill and live life.

menace

Reaction score

finasteride start date: 9/15/08

additional regimen: rogaine foam for a little over a year, nizoral 1% every other day

i just started taking .5mg of finpecia after finally deciding i was ready to try internal stuff.

after a week, no noticeable sides.

i'm staying very positive about the whole thing, and i know at this point i'm doing all i can. we're all starting an early age, which is a good thing as far as recovery is concerned. best of luck to all of us!

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score
Age 27.
Hoping to begin 9-23-08
Debating .5 propecia or 1mg propecia. Kinda scared of side effects , kinda scared of spending money so i could save if i cut em in half, but i dont know...whats the point of doin this if your not gonna go all out with the 1mg i guess right?

fightDHT

Reaction score
25 yrs old..started April 2008....slightly increased overall hair count but i have a diffuse frontal area which it is not helping with....no major sides except slightly decreased urge to wank off....and also increased oil secretion of skin/scalp and pimples...hoping for a better result soon...

Petchsky

Reaction score
Everybody worries about side effects to begin with but it turns out to be nothing 98% of the time, or they pass after a couple of weeks... the worst thing that could possibly happen, and i've only seen it once, is gyno where you get a lump on your nipple and normally that would only occur if you had a quite a lot of estrogen in you. It's pretty rare guys and not dangerous or painful

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score
any advice on what to do...my hair Doctor is refusing to prescribe me the medication. Im not buying over the internet because it would just make me anticipate getting fake meds and not having any results.

anyone have any similiar situations? i guess ill go to a diff doctor but i cant keep doctor shopping and paying copays, im broke as hell

fromchicago

Established Member
Reaction score
I order from an overseas online pharm, called Pharmcom.com. They are based out of Auckland, New Zealand.

I'm *almost* sure it's real because of the slight textbook sides that I got. Plus the original packaging and everything looked legit -- not that the fakes can't look legit -- but from what I gather they have been around for a while. They also take American Express, which to me is a good sign, because I could always simply deny the charges w/o question. 3 month supply is about 200 and change w/ shipping and consultation.

Aus

Reaction score
Age 27
Proscar 1.25mg daily
Nizoral 2% every 2-3 days
Commenced 20-06-2008

No positive signs yet. Thinning in the crown which is freaking me out. Hope it will stop and show some regrowth soon.

icdalite

Established Member
Reaction score
Finpecia (united pharm) start date - 1 June (3.5 months)

minoxidil- 2 % (have been on it for 10 months)

Sides - first 1.5 months bloating/gas problems. Following month slight burning sensation in left nipple. Nothing unbearable but a little discomfort from gas problem. All sides have vanished in 3rd month

Progress (or lack of it) - Hair shed increased for first 2 months but has almost ceased in the past month or so. I buzz my hair to number 3 and the strange bit is that when its short, it shed more although it had stopped with finasteride. It kinda stops after its grown a bit.

Jack23-

Established Member
Reaction score

Finpecia - from July 25th 08 (first month 0.5mg, month two 1mg)
Nizoral 2% 3 times a week - from July 25th
minoxidil 5% from July 25th
MSM 1500 mg daily from August 1st
Vit 500 mg daily from August 1st
Omega-3 1 daily from July 25th
Pregaine shampoo other days
(Last week i added J A S O N Thin to Thick and have been using that on the nizoral days off)

Results so far - visible slight re-growth on crown, general appearence of hair is more thicker/fuller and healthier looking, quite pleased so far as it's still early days. Did experience a shed for the first month, maybe just under, now when i apply rogaine, maybe 3-5 hairs are on my hands, t-shirt, before it was 30-50

Side effects - breast tenderness first month, now gone. Higher libido first month. When upped to 1mg i had slightly lower libido for a week, now returned to normal.
Now no side effects at all.

Odie

Established Member
Reaction score
Age 38
Finpecia for 3 months now
Nizoral 2% 3 times a week

Had lower libidio for fisrt week but after that back to normal.
Had some thickening in crown and general thickening all over.

Overall happy with progress

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score
age 19
started Geniune propecia today 25/9/08
So far: cant say anything apart from Geniune propecia isn't too expensive....

Currently using nizoral 2% 7 days a week and taking .25mg of Propecia per day for first month...

fromchicago

Established Member
Reaction score
my "tell your story" thread is in this supgroup of topics. mind moving it over there for me?