New School finasteride/Propecia User Support Group

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey fellas

So far onto my 5th week on Propecia and Nizoral 6x a week, Propecia @ .25mg ED. So far I have noticed 0 Side effects, shedding wise pretty much the same as prior about a 100 a day. HOWEVER I am seeing weak strainy hair falling out MORE then I have ever before, and this weak strainy hair is thick at the base and thin at the top which I conclude that Propecia is actually thickening the existing hair.

I am looking positive as this little sign shows that propecia is working for me. But too early to tell.

Main goals: Maintain current nw2ish or regrown more on the hairline (receding hairline atm)

Hows everyone else?
Im thinking about upping to .5mg and staying there indefinitely...

Townsend

Reaction score
Just took my first finasteride pill 1mg two minutes ago.

No results yet.

Odie

Established Member
Reaction score
Townsend said:
Just took my first finasteride pill 1mg two minutes ago.

No results yet.

Hahah - nice one !
A sense of humour is always good to have

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score

TianCross

Reaction score
Well I've been on it for about ten days now and I've noticed a bit more shedding but I assume that's the drug doing its work. As I have long hair it is far easier to notice sheds etc. As my hairline is starting to take a pounding (especially at the temples which have all but disappeared) I'm really considering adding rogaine - any advice guys?

BlindFan

Established Member
Reaction score
has your hairlines taken a pounding in the last ten days youve been on the meds....or just generally speaking, prior to this?

TianCross

Reaction score
Generall speaking - although I think it has increased since I've been on the meds but I assume that's the weaker hairs falling out 'under the influnce' so to speak... I wear my hair in a short ponytail relatively often so my receeding hairline is becoming noticable. That's the one thing I want to stop and I wouldn't even mind maintaining what I have as it hasn't got too desperate yet. Another year though and I think it would look awful and I'm only 21!!

TianCross

Reaction score
Depressing ain't it?? But it feels good to be actually doing something about it. If I'm gonna lose my hair I might as well put up a fight. When it comes to the worst I just get it chopped off :punk:

baylorbear

Reaction score
dudes,

i am approximately 4 and a half months in with 1 mg propecia. i still have great coverage (when i comb correctly) but when i get out of the shower, i see more and more of my scalp. this is very discouraging because i dont think im shedding ( i feel like i lose less than 50 hairs a day). I look closely at my scalp, and i still dont see new hairs. Right now im taking propecia, biotin, nuhair, saw palmetto, and ginkgo biloba. should i add minodixil, or should i just wait it out. this is getting depressing

fromchicago

Established Member
Reaction score
baylorbear said:
dudes,

i am approximately 4 and a half months in with 1 mg propecia. i still have great coverage (when i comb correctly) but when i get out of the shower, i see more and more of my scalp. this is very discouraging because i dont think im shedding ( i feel like i lose less than 50 hairs a day). I look closely at my scalp, and i still dont see new hairs. Right now im taking propecia, biotin, nuhair, saw palmetto, and ginkgo biloba. should i add minodixil, or should i just wait it out. this is getting depressing

Did you take pictures? I imagine it would be difficult to eye it rationally.

baylorbear

Reaction score
nah, i didnt take pictures. i have always been told that i have a lot of hair, or thick hair, etc, but when i get out of the shower, im never able to see my scalp, and now i can see it. Any recommendations?

baylorbear

Reaction score
yeah, not me though. i just want to know if there is still hope with the propecia, or is it not working?

mr_misterr

Reaction score
Age 36
Finpecia 1mg for 2 months
Rogaine liquid
Nizoral 2% 1 x week
MSM 1500mg daily
Omega 3 daily

Frontal hair thinning getting worse since starting Finpecia bought from Inhouse Pharmacy. Hair overall thinner also.
Condition doesnt look good at all and hoping it will improve esp the disappearing hairline in the coming months

BlindFan

Established Member
Reaction score
have you been shedding.....because if you attribute the thinning to this then it should come back thicker

menace

Reaction score
i'm about 6 weeks in.

.5mg a day. shedding has tappered off to virtually zero. i only have a few strands in my hair while showering, as opposed to 2o, 30, 40, etc.

hair throughout the scalp has thickened up surprisingly well. hairline is also steadily improving, with the use of rogaine foam as well.

no side effects that i can notice. i take it everyday at 8pm. also no mass shedding that some of the guys in here are talking about.... i may get hit with it at somepoint though, who knows....

anyways, just received a 2nd order of finpecia.... 120 day supply baby.

TianCross

Reaction score
Hey menace,

I'm on finasteride at the moment and am considering adding rogaine foam to the mix - would you recommend it for hairlines?

menace

Reaction score
TianCross said:
Hey menace,

I'm on finasteride at the moment and am considering adding rogaine foam to the mix - would you recommend it for hairlines?

hm. well i started rogaine foam a while back, way before i stared finasteride. results were ok, but now that i am finasteride, my hairline and overall density is really exploding. it could be a synergistic thing, or maybe finasteride is really the workhorse. hard for me to say.

how is finasteride alone working for you so far? depending on how long youve been taking it, you can add the foam for more hairline growth. it should definitely help. its really up to you, depending on how satisfied you are with just with finasteride, provided of course that you have given it enough time to work.

just my 2 cents.