New School finasteride/Propecia User Support Group

baylorbear

Reaction score
yeah, but 6 months into the finasteride? cmon, that seems a little ridiculous. im hoping my hair is not just generally thinning and im losing it slowly, even though i cant notice the thinning.

Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for about a month now. Two side effects that I'm really scared of are shrunken testicles and man boobs; the two that are hardest to notice since they would occur over time. Do you guys keep tabs on how big your testies and how stiff your pecs are or what? how do you keep an eye out for these sides?

also, is it possible to check for sexual side effects or any other hormonal side effects by doing a routine blood test? if so, then what sort of things should be checked in the blood tests? and would there be a noticable hormonal change prior to sexual side effects or gyno that would show up in these tests hinting what's ahead and thus helping one stop finasteride before anything happens?

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been combing my hair in the last few days and when I look at the comb theres really thin blondish hairs on it. I don't have blond hair so its weird. I'm assuming this is the weak hair going away?

menace

Reaction score
i'm taking a break from the finasteride guys. even on .5mg, the sides were just hitting me too hard in the bedroom. i had my gf take my entire supply so i wouldnt be tempted to get back on it lol. i really loved what it was doing for my hair, but i miss my old self!

anyways, i'll give it a month, and then reevaluate whether or not i'll get back on. if things return to normal, i'll post up.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Was you having problems getting wood? and how long you been taking finasteride?

menace

Reaction score
Petchsky said:
Was you having problems getting wood? and how long you been taking finasteride?

having problems getting it and keeping it. was never 100% like it used to be, and it faded fast if you know what i mean.

started taking the finasteride 9/15/08, so about 2.5 months.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Takes about 3 weeks to clear your system. Having a few problems myself, i can get wood, but hard to keep and need constant stimulation to keep hard. It's like the blood flow to the tip is not as good as it was.

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain me those sexual sides in details, the main problem is not getting wood?? Haven't gotten sex white i'm on finasteride (2 months). This morning i had "morning wood" :D which i guess it's ok for me to feel safe on finasteride

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
The sides vary from person to person. My side effects were as follows:

Sore back, angry women over me not calling back the next day, fingernail scratches all down my body, teeth marks, angry husbands that I never knew about, stress over the condom breaking and being tired/late for work in the AM.

All these negatove aside effects were caused by finasteride and the dramatic increase of sex I've been having since it made my hair thicker, fuller and drove my confidence up.

Other people get watery sperm and loss of libido I guess though :dunno:

-DH

menace

Reaction score
Petchsky said:
Takes about 3 weeks to clear your system. Having a few problems myself, i can get wood, but hard to keep and need constant stimulation to keep hard. It's like the blood flow to the tip is not as good as it was.

well at least you got 7 years out of it. not even 3 months and i'm having to drop it. sucks because the stuff worked real well... i had a dramatic reduction in hair fallout.

Pelle

Reaction score
I'm now almost 16 weeks on fina (4 months) and I still have big sheddings when I wash my hair. Almost 100 hairs with shampooing, almost 100 hairs with washing and about 300 hairs in my towel and sunk afther washing.

Some people experienced the same? Should I stop with Fina?

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe i should masturbate 3 times per week to see what's going on :jackit:

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
Any other way to check if i got sides or not, maybe via blood test. Any specific name for that test??

peecee

Reaction score
Just got my supply of fincar from inhouse. hoping for the best. i'll keep you guys updated.

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just took my first dose. Been 20 minutes, nothing's happening.

This stuff's rubbish.

:mrgreen:

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
Sad but true :( i even go the sides from 0.25mg dose (every day). The sides where testicular pain and numb penis :( We are not the same some people i guess will not get the sides even from 5mg dose.

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
Just posted a story in the sucess stories forum. Got some results in only three months with 0 sides at all!! I'm not even done my first pack of Proscar yet and Am just thrilled that my expectations were exceeded in one quarter of the time it normaly does.

Hang in there guys, I'll keep ya posted regularly on my situation.

-DH

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm experiencing a side....a slightly weakened erection. :(

When I say weakened, it's really just as hard (I think), but I can't tense it as well so as a result it doesn't point 'up' at the same angle.

This may be unrelated to finasteride, it could be for example a bad diet over the Xmas period and lack of exercise or related to age (At 22???) but I doubt it, as I've only noticed it since starting finasteride (Although I've been taking much more notice) and it wasn't like that 3-4 months ago.

My experienced doctor told me to stay on finasteride as the studies showed side effects often disappeared with continuing treatment and it could even just be psychological (The only psychological factor was if finasteride caused it or not or if it was there before I started finasteride which I don't think it was, but there's a definate physical change).....I'm still 50/50. I should listen to my doctor but I've also been told by one or two posters I risk permanent sides by doing so (Which wouldn't be the end of the world to be fair at the moment, it's still easily hard enough to have sex etc.)

While deciding what to do I'm looking for the next best thing in case I do quit....that flurifil stuff could be my next best bet if I do.

rudyyr

Reaction score

finasteride start date: 10/7/2008

Regimen: .5mg Cipla Finpecia daily.
Nizoral 1%

Side Effects: I had a very brief testicle pain..very slight..]

Update..

I am using it for my hairline which is receding on the temple area and on the crown(diffuse thinner). Hair is pretty thick just want to maintain and get thicker hairline if possible..we'll see

Update...

My testicular pain was on for a good week..erections were very soft which made me a bit concerned plus my jizz was very watery during that time. All side effects lasted about 2 weeks tops and then went away. No major shedding.. constant loss of about 10-20 hairs a day but has been decreasing. I do use OTC Nizoral but it would make my scalp extremely dry so I now use it 2-3 times a week and substitute it with tea tree shampoo..

I have noticed my left side temple area getting darker hairs as opposed to before..hopefully it catches up with my right side...

I did take some MSM and daily vitamins and it made my hair shinier.. crown area remains about the same

thats all for now