New Report That Finasteride Does Not Cause Sexual Side Effects When Compared To Control Group

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Whilst i believe the sides can be overly exaggerated, they do exist. On the full 1mg dose whilst i was still attracted to women, that inner urge was very much suppressed. It wasn't however until having sex was like playing pool with a rope that i had to taper down.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
great news! I can now rest assured that my erect penis went curved and returned to straight when I reduced dutasteride dosage due to psychological reasons and not because of hypogonadal atrophy. phew !

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How would low test production cause a curve in your penis...
it's actually pretty common and well-described in literature.
what amazes me it's that is fully reversible in a matter of months; apparentely affected tissues are not destroyed.

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is like saying women you take testosterone will not get masculinzing effects. DHT is the bodies strongest androgen, of course inhibiting it for extended persiods of time will cause a reduction in sexual function and libido

The study is a self report study. People may not notice that their dick isn’t working as well as before due to the gradual decline. Most men won’t get ED from finasteride but almost all men will have better sexual function and performance off finasteride than on finasteride. This is just basic common sense.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
it's actually pretty common and well-described in literature.
what amazes me it's that is fully reversible in a matter of months; apparentely affected tissues are not destroyed.

What was the cure for your Hypo ? Clomind + Nolvadex ? HCG ?

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What was the cure for your Hypo ? Clomind + Nolvadex ? HCG ?
a huge ton of supplements + reducing dutasteride dosage to once every 48 hours
at 2 weeks, morning wood returned to every day
at 3 weeks, ejaculate volume and force of ejaculation increased dramatically
at 3 months, penis went fully straight again

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Biggest crock of sh*t. The dudes who take one pill and then convo crap themselves of the sides, that’s one thing. When you’re on it for over a decade, perfectly fine, and then get hit out if no where, that ain’t in your head.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is f*****g bullshit.

A) I know my own c*** and what happens to it when I’m on finasteride - it’s not as good! No amount of scientific waffle from good doctors is going to change that.

I just hope this doesn’t ruin too many young people’s lives believing that because a “headline” exists it must be true.

B) This is the wrong f*****g thread.

Good luck to all of your c****!!!

Ryko

Reaction score
I think it's obvious that finasteride has side effects, mostly watery semen and lower sperm count and gyno. However, sexual dysfunction is probably 95% nocebo and the plethora of mental disorders hair loss sufferers are prone to. The amount of obsession and anecdotal "side effect reports" of people on these forums is just toxic and causes more and more people to "notice" the sides themselves which contributes to a whole community of finasteride haters. Just take the god damn med, stop worrying so much and do your mental health a favor.

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Saw yesterday a TV program where a slick bald guy was talking about his options of regrowing hair. I cringed so hard that I was almost happy to be on finasteride despite having a somewhat lower libido and waterier semen

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have noticed slightly lower libido on both finasteride and dutasteride, takes manual stimulation to get an erection. Easily a price worth paying to mantain and hopefully regrow my hair.

Iah11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I love how so many people who had side effects from finasteride say it's impossible, it can't be all in my head, when there's literally mountains of evidence regarding the potency of the placebo effect. I'd direct all of you guys to read up on people with chronic back pain who improve when given sugar pills. They'd say it was impossible to imagine, they know their bodies too.