New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
This is an interesting question.

Or is reaching the deeper part of the scalp, where it has been suggested that the stem cell activation occurs, where we need to continue to aim?

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score

boldmun

Reaction score
I have continued with this for 19 weeks. I can't say that I have seen anything in that time. I am happy for anyone who has seen noticeable results in under 12 weeks. Maybe I need a microscope.

I do see tiny thin hairs on my temple and around my hair line though I am not sure if they were already there. Right now the jury is still out for me. However, I think I will know for sure by the end of the year. Something that has really disappointed me is that the hair that I already have has remained weak. I thought it would regrow thicker and stronger. I can still see through my scalp.

Also, I am sort of surprised how quickly my head recovers after a bloody stabbing session. Call me crazy, but I will continue because I sort of look forward to my weekly session.

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok Guys , Hope everyone feels well. You haven't hear from me for a while because I was silent and just waiting about see the improvement from my regimen , But everyday I was reading your posts here and follow most of the posts. Ok now I wanna share my result. At first , I wanna describe something :

I have used lipogaine for 4 months from 8 october 2013 to 11 Feb 2014
I have started rolling from 29 december 2013 and stick with that until today , So 6 rolling so far.
I have started a new regimen for supplements from 25 jan 2014 with the help of one of our good user post : hairregrowth21 and prince . It a very heavy regimen like 12-13 supplement each day.
I have used 3 different shampoos but stick with phytoworx from 23 december 2013 until today.
I also switch to polaris-NR10 ( which has 16 % minoxidil and finasteride 0.1 with many other good things)
-------------------

Now lets back to topic : as you seen I have added many different thing in my regimen recently , I wish to add them one by one but unfortunately my hair was
more important for me than trail study :D ( at least at this moment) , So I can just say that by my feeling to follow my hair everyday that rolling start to work for me with making my hair thicker , I have an experiment of shedding everytime 4 days after and also irritaion after using lipogaine 3-5 days after each roll ( I haven't had this before starting rolling) and I got itchy scalp each time , Any way believe me or not I think lipogaine works 2-3 times better for me after adding rolling and Also that great supplements and herbs.

I have put some of my pic here( I have tons) , But I put the day of pic and description in the bottom of each. consider my hair is still very short so if you have any idea I would be happy to hear that. I start seeing the result from last month I guess.

1nov. 2-3 weeks after starting treatment.jpganother pic of 1 nov.jpg 4 december , after using for 8 weeks.jpg5 december , after get short haircut with number 6..jpg29 dec an hour before starting rolling for the first time.jpg11 feb, after 4 months of lipogaine and 6 rolling.jpg11 feb , with minoxidil on hair.jpg

shivers20

Established Member
Reaction score
Squeegee was claiming good results on his temples using a 3mm dermaroller. So maybe deeper is the way to go.

Here is a study showing that microneedling with 1.5 - 3.0mm microneedle enhanced the absorption of topical anti-inflammatories, permeability was increased for up to 72hours under occlusive conditions, more proof of increased minoxidil absorbtion due to needling even after 24hours.

http://www.biomedcentral.com/content/pdf/2050-6511-13-5.pdf

Jaded

Reaction score
can someone remember me on what was the vitamin applied topically that worked well with minoxidil? I tried to find it, but this thread is huge.

BostonHawk

Established Member
Reaction score
I have continued with this for 19 weeks. I can't say that I have seen anything in that time. I am happy for anyone who has seen noticeable results in under 12 weeks. Maybe I need a microscope.

I do see tiny thin hairs on my temple and around my hair line though I am not sure if they were already there. Right now the jury is still out for me. However, I think I will know for sure by the end of the year. Something that has really disappointed me is that the hair that I already have has remained weak. I thought it would regrow thicker and stronger. I can still see through my scalp.

Also, I am sort of surprised how quickly my head recovers after a bloody stabbing session. Call me crazy, but I will continue because I sort of look forward to my weekly session.

I bet those tiny thin hairs are new growth. If you don't know, you should maybe take pictures.

cthulhu2.0

Established Member
Reaction score
can someone remember me on what was the vitamin applied topically that worked well with minoxidil? I tried to find it, but this thread is huge.

It was vitamin b12. Keep in mind though that this was 1, just 1 study and it was an in vitro study.

CharlesXavier

Reaction score
My question is: we all have different skin and skin thicknes, and different levels of male pattern baldness. So how can we be sure that using a 3mm or 2mm or whatevee is safe enough to use without causing any harm? Arent there muscles and stuff there too? Nerves? I mean im just throwing it out there and im ignorant onthe subject any one care to enlighten me? Im using a 1mm but thinking of moving to a longer size

Status
Not open for further replies.