New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
Good stuff Parsia, Just a thought worth considering when using nizoral if you' re using it in conjunction with DR'ing. It is reasonable to believe that nizoral may cause a counter interference with DR'ing's natural wounding effect infar of it's anti-inflammatory property. Thanks for answering my question(s) about lipogaine. All the best!

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I was. Who knows maybe we just came up with tomorrows working brand of combinational therapy( lido/lipo):) Keep up the good worx. .(lido

Walker , I had decide to use Nizoral more and thanks for your comment , I would definitely do that , I hope the combination of minoxidil 16 % and finasteride 0.1 works better for me , I also add emu oil after DR'ing from today , I will keep the guys updated , I had my 7th rolling last night.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Greetings Lil, At face value it looks like you are at least maintaining, which is a very big deal. Your hairline looks pretty decent to begin with. With the added advantage of youth on your side and perseverance you are off to a great start! Keep posting I'm happy for you and your success.

- - - Updated - - -

Your enthusiasm is positively inspiring. Hear a lot of positive reports about emu oil over the course of several years. I really should purchase some. Any particular brand you'ld care to recommend. Thanx and Best Wishes!
Walker , I had decide to use Nizoral more and thanks for your comment , I would definitely do that , I hope the combination of minoxidil 16 % and finasteride 0.1 works better for me , I also add emu oil after DR'ing from today , I will keep the guys updated , I had my 7th rolling last night.

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, i've been reading this thread since the begining. I have to apologize for my english, and say thakyou to all Youtube people contributing to the thread.

Well, i've beeb using DR for 5 and a half months. The first two months i used it once a week and after once every two weeks. Lenth: 1.5. I also use minoxidil. I've been aplying minoxidil for the last 6 years. When i started dermarrolling that was muy last chance, i mean, i was getting bald so fast, even using minoxidil. Only in a couple of weeks i began to feel my hair stronger and the hairloss stopped dramaticly. Then, little by little i've been improving...so, here you go, some pics of my improvement. These pics are taken with the same ligth, same angle and same lenth of hair. I always take pictures just after a haircut, thats to say, every month and a half.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont know if you apreciate the improvement, but the fact is that i have. The first pic is taken after two months of treatment, what means i had improved a little.

Thank you for coming on here and signing up and sharing with us. Great job keeping the same length in every picture as well as the exact same angle and same lighting. Every time someone does that it helps all of us. Why don't you post that in the results thread so that such a great post isn't lost in here? Maybe mods can help copy/paste it?

Anyhow, I definitely see significant improvement from the first to the last roll.

Two easy additions that might help if you are open to suggestions:

A.)Azelaic Acid to mix in with your minoxidil. If you search Azelaic Acid+Minoxidil on these forums you should come up with plenty to read through.
B.)Glycolic Acid peel for pre-rolling. This has been used with success by several memebers on here although most of the posts have been buried in this thread by now. One member had a doctor doing his dermarolling and applied the peel prior to rolling.

Keep us updated!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Parsia,

Thanks for the detailed summary with your results. We need posts like yours to counteract the negativity that is sometimes drowning in here. Do you think you could post your results in the results thread too? (copy/paste)

Also, if you are upping to 16% minoxidil why not add 5% azelaic acid?

Thanks and keep us updated!

pubic

Reaction score
About the peel: other than that old immortalhair thread, did it actually help anyone? Millions of bald people shave their head every day. If exfoliation (at least in isolation) did anything, we should have a ton of evidence by now.

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
About the peel: other than that old immortalhair thread, did it actually help anyone? Millions of bald people shave their head every day. If exfoliation (at least in isolation) did anything, we should have a ton of evidence by now.

What does a shaved head have to do with an chemical peel?

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just one general note: All positive reports of DR + minoxidil treatment we got back are from people with diffuse thinning. This includes princessRambo (though his regimen is way too complex to say it was dermarolling) and jason5. Just some food for thought.

peacemaker

Banned
Reaction score
Just one general note: All positive reports of DR + minoxidil treatment we got back are from people with diffuse thinning. This includes princessRambo (though his regimen is way too complex to say it was dermarolling) and jason5. Just some food for thought.

I think it's more related to how aggressive your hair loss is. If your hair loss is aggressive, then it means high dkk1/pgd2 production -> faster hair loss rate. In order to counteract this, you need more Dkk1 inhibitors and more Fgf9 promoters.

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, i've been reading this thread since the begining. I have to apologize for my english, and say thakyou to all Youtube people contributing to the thread.

Well, i've beeb using DR for 5 and a half months. The first two months i used it once a week and after once every two weeks. Lenth: 1.5. I also use minoxidil. I've been aplying minoxidil for the last 6 years. When i started dermarrolling that was muy last chance, i mean, i was getting bald so fast, even using minoxidil. Only in a couple of weeks i began to feel my hair stronger and the hairloss stopped dramaticly. Then, little by little i've been improving...so, here you go, some pics of my improvement. These pics are taken with the same ligth, same angle and same lenth of hair. I always take pictures just after a haircut, thats to say, every month and a half.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont know if you apreciate the improvement, but the fact is that i have. The first pic is taken after two months of treatment, what means i had improved a little.

I don't see any improvement. The first pics were taken close up and the later ones taken from farther away.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I can see the improvement in your crown area, but cannot be sure about your temples. Do you think that you had gain in your temples as well?

What were you looking at? There were no pics of his crown.

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you for coming on here and signing up and sharing with us. Great job keeping the same length in every picture as well as the exact same angle and same lighting. Every time someone does that it helps all of us. Why don't you post that in the results thread so that such a great post isn't lost in here? Maybe mods can help copy/paste it?

Anyhow, I definitely see significant improvement from the first to the last roll.

Two easy additions that might help if you are open to suggestions:

A.)Azelaic Acid to mix in with your minoxidil. If you search Azelaic Acid+Minoxidil on these forums you should come up with plenty to read through.
B.)Glycolic Acid peel for pre-rolling. This has been used with success by several memebers on here although most of the posts have been buried in this thread by now. One member had a doctor doing his dermarolling and applied the peel prior to rolling.

Keep us updated!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Parsia,

Thanks for the detailed summary with your results. We need posts like yours to counteract the negativity that is sometimes drowning in here. Do you think you could post your results in the results thread too? (copy/paste)

Also, if you are upping to 16% minoxidil why not add 5% azelaic acid?

Thanks and keep us updated!

----------------------

Hairgrowth21 , At first I mentioned you in my first post, And I said many thanks to you , Because of the very good regimen which have you shared with us by princessrambo and your very good explanation.
, This forum needs some people who are dedicated like you , About your questions : I recently added polaris-nr10 ( 3 days ago ) and it use liposphere which they believe it is the best vehicle for minoxidil , It also has finasteride 0.1& and Collagen and Hydrolyzed Elastin and many other multi-peptide complex and vitamin like safflower oil , carrot oil . wheat germ oil , vegetable protein and more than 30 other ingredients , So because I choose Polaris -Nr10 it does not have azelaic acid ,its a cream and I believe it boost my result . I like azelaic acid as well but I can not add it to polaris-nr10 by myself , But I have a good feeling about that because It has made by DS labratories which everyone knows they are great in researching. and their website looks they did many research for polaris-NR10 and they even recommend you to buy only one at first! they do not do marketing a lot thats why most of people don't know them , Believe me or not it shows me they are dedicated and put their effort to research not to sell the products. I can not recommend it yet because I has started that recently but as soon as I get good result by this product I would recommend it to others , But ingredients looks great ...For your request , Mission has completed , I have put my pictures there now.thanks for your suggestion. I shared it here first to see how do you guys think and I have around 800 pictures and I did that to be against negative comments. Lol , Anyhow if there is anything you need to ask about my statements I would happy to answer you:)

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Greetings Lil, At face value it looks like you are at least maintaining, which is a very big deal. Your hairline looks pretty decent to begin with. With the added advantage of youth on your side and perseverance you are off to a great start! Keep posting I'm happy for you and your success.

- - - Updated - - -

Your enthusiasm is positively inspiring. Hear a lot of positive reports about emu oil over the course of several years. I really should purchase some. Any particular brand you'ld care to recommend. Thanx and Best Wishes!

-----------------------------
Thanks dude , I just try to help others to be positive , I had hairloss problem for 10 years , I spent many days of my life for researching , I'm not native so my English is not like others but I did many research in these years and try to figure out the best , in the last 10 years I was not consistent in my regimen and I also did not have access to many of products because I was living outside of U.S , Now I have a good access because I'm in U.S and from 4 months ago which I have started using lipogaine consistently and also add more things I learned many new things , I also love medical field and wanna be a dermatologist someday, I love to help people to be against of these damn balding process , I really appreciate your supporting comments , It gave me a lot of energy these days to come to forum more and reply to the posts.

About your question , I purchase an Emu Oil from amazon which has a great rating. I don't know I can share the link here or not :
http://www.amazon.com/Emu-Oil-Pure-...e=UTF8&qid=1392515690&sr=8-1&keywords=emu+oil
I just used it last night for the first time so maybe there would be better brands with better price and I don't have any idea about that.

In addition : Walker I think we HAVE TO use combination method to be against of this male pattern baldness , So I would say we need these:
1- topical finasteride with minoxidil combination ( But I don't believe you can make it by crush finasteride , it should be by pharmacist and manufacture to be accurate I believe : its just my personal opinion and I also think 15 % would be better than 5 % but can not say anything by my experience yet )
2- Heavy Dermarolling ( for sure : weekly )
3- Organic shampoo ( stem cell )in combination with Nizoral
4- Heavy supplement regimen ( which I have started from 3 weeks ago ) or if someone can't afford it at least :bioperin,Silica. Fish oil 2000mg , MSM 3000mg , Saw palmetto320mg , Biotin 10000 mg . ( The price for these supplements would be reasonable)
5- Tricomin OR Folligen ( Cream or lotion not Spray )Or Prox-n ( for helping the hairline)

This would be a potential regimen to be against of DHT by 3 important DHT blocker( finasteride topical , saw palmetto and Keto in Nizoral)
There is also a lot of lack study about plants and herbal and I believe we need a combination of chemical and herbal cosmetic.
The world need to consider many vitamins and proteins which are useful for hair regrowth are in plants and herbs.
I also Believe with any regimen we have , We need to STICK to it , I don't understand why people switch between different minoxidil in day and night time!!!
Thats not combination ! we should not switch between 3-4 shampoos every week , we should not switch between 2-3 different minoxidil types every day or weekly .
Combination method is different than mixing everything together. we need to have a consistent regimen .

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
For better or for worse, all good stuff gentlemen. Great thread of contributions. Positively motivating. Thank you all!

- - - Updated - - -

At approx. 7p.m. EST I finished my second session of DR'ing .My second was more visually satisfying then the initial roll (deeper rolls=gorier results)yet interestingly and ironically enough the pain was less intense.:freak: I was also sharply aware that my temper was raised :badmood: due to a happenstance belonging to a different situation.:argue: So with that said perhaps I was experiencing a constructive case of my own anger displacement here. :dunno: Last week my regimen was simply comprised of only 5% generic minoxidil. and nizoral 3-4xpw. Today's session I crushed and added b12(2,000mcgs.) and zinc (150mgs) to the freshly opened month- supply minoxidil. bottle. In conjunction to the topicals I have been taking biotin orally( 3xpd) for a daily total in the "overrecommended" amount of 25,000mcgs and. The orals were introduced nearly a month ago. I have high hopes yet realistic expectations . If I see results you folks here will be appraised with complimentary b/a photos and other anecdotal "goodies". :) All right then!

- - - Updated - - -

+ 150mgs of zinc orally since early jan. of 2014
For better or for worse, all good stuff gentlemen. Great thread of contributions. Positively motivating. Thank you all!

- - - Updated - - -

At approx. 7p.m. EST I finished my second session of DR'ing .My second was more visually satisfying then the initial roll (deeper rolls=gorier results)yet interestingly and ironically enough the pain was less intense.:freak: I was also sharply aware that my temper was raised :badmood: due to a happenstance belonging to a different situation.:argue: So with that said perhaps I was experiencing a constructive case of my own anger displacement here. :dunno: Last week my regimen was simply comprised of only 5% generic minoxidil. and nizoral 3-4xpw. Today's session I crushed and added b12(2,000mcgs.) and zinc (150mgs) to the freshly opened month- supply minoxidil. bottle. In conjunction to the topicals I have been taking biotin orally( 3xpd) for a daily total in the "overrecommended" amount of 25,000mcgs and. The orals were introduced nearly a month ago. I have high hopes yet realistic expectations . If I see results you folks here will be appraised with complimentary b/a photos and other anecdotal "goodies". :) All right then!

Kalio

Reaction score
So these are my comparison pictures after approximately three months. It does seem my bald spot is getting smaller every week but then again, it could also be the comb-over effect. Anyway, here it is.

Attachments

• Baseline.jpg
    Baseline.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 1,174
  • 170220144436.jpg
    170220144436.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 1,184

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Kalio, Good of you to share. Yes you're right it's somewhat difficult to discern if you're making any strides yet. On the other hand, if you're not using a volumizer or "teasing " your hair in any way with a comb or blow dryer,etc., then on second thought and closer examination I believe I'm seeing some actual density improvement and overall healthier looking hair. Please keep following up whenever you feel like it. I wish you continued success.

Kalio

Reaction score
Thank you Walker, I have not used volumizer or styled my hair in any way. My hair is growing longer of course, but I am not really sure if I ever had such coverage before. I will keep updating though. In any case, if in a year's time I am still doubting whether I see improvement or not, I think I can carefully call it a viable treatment, because then at least its maintaining what I have.

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score

Pbot64

Reaction score
I stopped Dermrolling at 12 weeks. It's now been four months since I started, and my left temple is coming in nicely. It's almost completely back to where it was before experiencing hairless--something I was unable to achieve with Min alone.

(Pic)
http://i.imgur.com/Vsb1q3o.jpg

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
I stopped Dermrolling at 12 weeks. It's now been four months since I started, and my left temple is coming in nicely. It's almost completely back to where it was before experiencing hairless--something I was unable to achieve with Min alone.

(Pic)

----
Yesssssss , Good result man , increasing in density , You already have full hair on your temple. Hope you always keep your hair.

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score

(Pic)
How long did you leave between each rolling session? When did you start using Minoxidil? Did you response to Minoxidil previously?

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score

(Pic)

Since the pictures were taken at two different distances, two different angles, and the hair is pulled back in one photo but pulled up in the other, it is hard to tell if there was any improvement. Even the color of the hair is different between the two photos.

- - - Updated - - -

So these are my comparison pictures after approximately three months. It does seem my bald spot is getting smaller every week but then again, it could also be the comb-over effect. Anyway, here it is.

Or the fact the hair is grown out in after pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.