New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cthulhu2.0

Established Member
Reaction score
Not strictly true.

well the theory is that male pattern baldness evolved as a way to demonstrate maturity and age. What doesn't make sense it why baldness is becoming more common since females find bald men less attractive(multiple studies) and this would decrease reproduction.

What he said^^^^^^^^

bushbush

Established Member
Reaction score
Everything in biology is related to evolution in one way or another.

Evolution does not drive everyone to be perfectly aesthetic. It does not matter if the majority of women find bald men less attractive as long as they still pass on their genes. Whether baldness is becoming more common is up for debate.

There are still a good portion (20%) of the male population that will never lose their hair. Have they somehow escaped evolution? Are they less "evolved" than us balding men?

Absolutely not. This is a misunderstanding. A human is no "more evolved" than an ape. We are equally evolved, just diverged in different ways.

SCALPMASTER

Reaction score
I read today on another forum that a guy had excellent results from needling and using a home made topical using lithium/milk thistle + minoxidil. The guy was also on propecia but i wonder how much that topical contributed to his results.

I could be tempted to add a few caps of lithium orotate and milk thistle to my minoxidil.

brascon

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have noticed during my rolling something intersting, the blood on my scalp where i am balding is so thick, makes me think that the red blood cells had weakened or died, which slow down blood circulation and blocks the pathway of blood. the other area where there is hair, the blood is so thin.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I read today on another forum that a guy had excellent results from needling and using a home made topical using lithium/milk thistle + minoxidil. The guy was also on propecia but i wonder how much that topical contributed to his results.

I could be tempted to add a few caps of lithium orotate and milk thistle to my minoxidil.

The fact that he was on Propecia basically makes his story a write off in regards to determining how well dermarolling works. It needs to be isolated.

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm going from fortnightly to every 3rd week.
I vaguely recall princessRambo posting that graph of the stages of healing that the skin undergoes. Back then, we settled on rolling bi-weekly. But I'm thinking maybe its better to play it safe, and just do it every 3rd week.
I think this is okay to do, once you have done your first 10 weekly rolls or so.

So the update on violet ray.... It causes skin to turn red, mild burn this is also a type of wounding so it should induce some growth factors as well, only on session 3, supposed to take 20-25 sessions, the violet ray kills bacteria in blood, delivers oxygen and other elements, increases circulation, charges cells up to full millivolts which reduces inflammation, so what I'm doing is maintaining my growth from dermaroller. The dermaroller did a great job of inducing hair growth and effecting the dermis, the violet ray creates superfiious circulation effecting the epidermis

- - - Updated - - -

Where does the law of attraction fit into the puzzle here?

Thoughts carry energy and create your reality, this is proved by scientific studies. Positive things unite and progress, negative things degress and are destructive. Republicans prove the negative lol the chaos party.

closetmetrosexual

Established Member
Reaction score
So the update on violet ray.... It causes skin to turn red, mild burn this is also a type of wounding so it should induce some growth factors as well, only on session 3, supposed to take 20-25 sessions, the violet ray kills bacteria in blood, delivers oxygen and other elements, increases circulation, charges cells up to full millivolts which reduces inflammation, so what I'm doing is maintaining my growth from dermaroller. The dermaroller did a great job of inducing hair growth and effecting the dermis, the violet ray creates superfiious circulation effecting the epidermis

Thank you for the update.

I assume you are not using the VR for the first few days of post-rolling?

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the update.

I assume you are not using the VR for the first few days of post-rolling?

I actually grew back all my hair, although hairs are not growing with regular hair so I am giving dermaroller a break skipping this week, maybe next as well. I wouldn't do it with dermarolling only when not dermarolling, your body can already take care of healing and growth by itself when dermarolling. My hairs look strong, growing super slow though, they are visible to eye which is good sign.

im at the point now where I'm ready for hair to grow naturally without need to induce growth. I have faith in those small hairs, hairline filled in regular density, so I'm giving them a chance to grow on there own, just like a parent letting a child grow up.

BeliefISKEY

Established Member
Reaction score
Thats weird I experienced no shedding at all, all I noticed was few hairs fell out with rolling, but other than that new hairs sprouted. I don think minoxidil is needed in my opinion, you want your hair to grow natural anyways

Hey bro, my Internet has been bad where I'm at lately so I might not respond as quick as I used to.... I wanted to ask you how long you've been receding for? You said your temples were receding 3 inches before you covered the whole area, right? If so, how long has it been receded like that & when did you first start loosing hair? Also, if you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

Thanks bro

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
For curcumin fans:

Tetrahydrocurcuminoids are a modified version of curcuminoids that are better absorbed and colorless. Curcuminoids help skin healing and decrease the chance of scarring after burns and other injuries by inhibiting pathways regulated by phosphorylase kinase.

- - - Updated - - -

Epidermal Growth Factor?

http://www.skinactives.com/Epidermal-Growth-Factor-BT-EGF.html?utm_source=Customer+List&utm_campaign=741ce88f21-June2013&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_4075eaf4f9-741ce88f21-326278785

Accelerates healing of skin and cornea

Increases the rate of skin renewal (helping
aging skin)
Will help slow down skin thinning which occurs
as we age
Applications
Use
Avoid extremes of pH and alcohols, and add EGF
at the final stage, when the product is cool.
Do not apply EGF serum on the skin of psoria
-
sis patients, or on pre-cancerous or cancerous
lesions. Melanocytes do not have receptors for
EGF
, so EGF should not affect skin pigmentation.
Function
In 1986, Stanley Cohen received the Nobel Prize
for his work elucidating the role of the Epidermal
Growth Factor (EGF) in the regulation of cell growth and development. This small protein (only 53
amino acids, see Figure 1) was found to enhance epidermal growth and keratinization. Work by Cohen
and his collaborators demonstrated that EGF directly stimulated the proliferation of epidermal cells,
and this stimulatory action of EGF did not depend on other systemic or hormonal influences.
Cells that respond to EGF do so because they have receptors on the cell membrane that recognize
the factor. The binding of the growth factor to the receptor initiates a cascade of molecular events
involving the MAPK/ERK pathway that will eventually lead, among other effects, to cell division. EGF
needs to be present at very low concentrations to effect major changes in the cell changes because the
signal, which starts when a growth factor binds to
the receptor on the cell surface is amplified through
the MAPK/ERK pathway and ends when the DNA in
the nucleus expresses a protein and produces some
change in the cell, e.g. cell division.
EGF was found to be an antagonist of reactive nitro
-
gen and reactive oxygen intermediate production by
keratinocytes, and reversed the growth inhibitory ac
-
tions of inflammatory mediators
. EGF has also been
shown to help healing of diabetic ulcers

Sparky4444

Reaction score

- - - Updated - - -

Thoughts carry energy and create your reality, this is proved by scientific studies. Positive things unite and progress, negative things degress and are destructive. Republicans prove the negative lol the chaos party.

Where did you get the Violet Ray??

And on point No.2 -- this has been proven by science...and it makes sense...those that refute it or condemn it are still operating from within their amygdala

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey bro, my Internet has been bad where I'm at lately so I might not respond as quick as I used to.... I wanted to ask you how long you've been receding for? You said your temples were receding 3 inches before you covered the whole area, right? If so, how long has it been receded like that & when did you first start loosing hair? Also, if you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

Thanks bro

No about 3/4 inches, and started when 16 been slow process I'm now 27

- - - Updated - - -

Where did you get the Violet Ray??

And on point No.2 -- this has been proven by science...and it makes sense...those that refute it or condemn it are still operating from within their amygdala

Thanks for for keeping up with science for these people who live in boxes like they don't have an imagination for a reason, anyways, I got a darsonval, find it cheap on ebay or somewhere got it for $35 bucks,

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
Im sure this has been posted on here but has anyone tried crude onion juice. Possibly grows hair through inflammation. Hair growth in alopecia areata cases increased in just two weeks.

http://www.dermatol.or.jp/Journal/JD/full/029060343e.pdf

Thanks for the post, this might be something I can use

Also, thanks to the scapegoats that are going in first in any topical, stimulant or in this case some sort of device. We won't get crap from the big wigs until five years, so we have to try anything we can and report back.

So STOP complaining, this is after all the NEW RESEARCH section, aka no one from Belgium allowed.

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for for keeping up with science for these people who live in boxes like they don't have an imagination for a reason, anyways, I got a darsonval, find it cheap on ebay or somewhere got it for $35 bucks,

Warning: Don't buy this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Darsonval-Hig...TF8&qid=1389767557&sr=8-1&keywords=violet+ray
I bought this a year ago and now I'm seeing the review count having skyrocketed, likely mostly fake IMO.

Made me feel sick and literally made me sick the day after.

EDIT: Now I'm seeing that most of the results for Violet Ray on Amazon are from D'arsonval. Same company. The pamphlet included in the item I bought contained extremely broken English and almost looked like a scam. Perhaps I was just a poor responder to this particular treatment though? I ordered an electromagnetic pulsating machine and I couldn't handle that either...

Are we looking for:
Violet Ray Machine
Violet Ray High Frequency
Violet Ray Wand
Violet Ray Electrodes
?

What about this one at 445 nm Blue LED?
http://www.amazon.com/Sirius-SS-77-Aurora-Therapy-System/dp/B004REGO00/ref=pd_sim_bt_1

sweetsymphony

Reaction score
Warning: Don't buy this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Darsonval-Hig...TF8&qid=1389767557&sr=8-1&keywords=violet+ray
I bought this a year ago and now I'm seeing the review count having skyrocketed, likely mostly fake IMO.

Made me feel sick and literally made me sick the day after.

EDIT: Now I'm seeing that most of the results for Violet Ray on Amazon are from D'arsonval. Same company. The pamphlet included in the item I bought contained extremely broken English and almost looked like a scam. Perhaps I was just a poor responder to this particular treatment though? I ordered an electromagnetic pulsating machine and I couldn't handle that either...

Are we looking for:
Violet Ray Machine
Violet Ray High Frequency
Violet Ray Wand
Violet Ray Electrodes
?

What about this one at 445 nm Blue LED?
http://www.amazon.com/Sirius-SS-77-Aurora-Therapy-System/dp/B004REGO00/ref=pd_sim_bt_1

The Violet Ray Device recommended in the Maliniak Method is a Rupert Huse & Son device. It is sold on huse.com (a BDSM website) and it's not cheap. About $300 for the wand generator and rake, but still $150 cheaper than what Leon sells it for on his website.

I'm not too sure what the difference is between a cheap Darsonval one vs the $300 one. I bought the Huse one about a year ago and never used it consistently enough for me to get any regrowth, I did shed a little after each session and it was a quite painful too. The last time I used it (over 8 months ago), I turned up the power too high, left it on a part of my hairline too long and it singed off a small patch of my hair :tellme:! Pretty much scared me from wanting to use it again lol.

I'm thinking about selling my Violet Ray since I've only used it a handful of times. However, if I don't get any noticeable regrowth from DRing after a year, I may want to add it back into my regimen. Definitely don't want to add it in right now.. this way if I get really good results, I know for sure it is from DRing.

Currently, the vellous hairs on my hairline are starting to grow longer but VERY slowly. They're about an inch long now and only noticeable when I pull my hair back. They're still lighter than my normal hairs but its been very encouraging to see more and more pop up and watch them get longer! I wish my temple hairs would grow too. The vellous hairs there are still just as tiny and light as before and not growing as fast as I want them to.

Just to reiterate, started DRing mid-August with a 1.0mm 192 needle Dermaroller and then switched to a 1.5mm DR the beginning of December. Did not roll super hard and bloody until December but did have a some blood here and there. Instead of rolling once a week, I've been going once every 10-14 days. I use a glycolic acid peel once a week to exfoliate.

Keep it up everyone! Results are SLOW but there!

Status
Not open for further replies.