New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
A combination supplement of green tea, astralagus, goji berry extracts, Lactobacillus fermentum, antioxidant ellagic acid, and other vitamins, available OTC, helps increase overall levels of hematopoietic stem cells.[SUP][7][/SUP] (blood circulation)

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys , Since this thread get more useful and there is not any stupid videos and naked women pictures here I have decided to
come back and post again , I did my 3rd rolling yesterday and I got some blood. I have noticed each time after 1-3 days I will have twice shedding as normal ! Its not initial but its noticeable , So is it a good sign which shows it works for me? I also have itchy -flaky scalp now which gets more some days , So please tell me your opinion !

Justeone

Reaction score
Lots say shedding is a sign of good things to come. Stick with it , give it the full 12 weeks and then see where you are at . Keep us updated !

danawhite1

Established Member
Reaction score
i understand shedding and shocklost and whatnot, but has anyone's hairline took a big hit from dermarolling?

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
Most of my thinning is frontal, I rolled pretty hard ever 4 days for about 8 sessions and it hasn't thinned. I really don't think 1.5 mm is long enough to reach the follicles and cause a shock less, but a shed well that is a different story. I've also noticed when I first rolled the roller wasn't able to stick into the scalp and hang there, but now it can stick without me holding it. It doesn't make a popping sound anymore also.

TMNK

Established Member
Reaction score
This is a ****ty situation. Seems like I have side effects from dermarolling. My lymph behind my ear is swollen, and was after last roll too. I called the doctor, and he said that it's most likely an infection, and that's the reason I got swollen. It's a bit paintfull. Hm. I don't know what to do now, maybe I should continue, but not continue rolling like a maniac and get all bloody.

How is your temples after rolling? Mine still hurts slightly after 5-6 days after. I don't think that's normal, I just thought it was normal for it to be a bit sore. I guess not then.

bushbush

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you disinfect your dermaroller between uses? A single needle prick is enough to cause an infection.

ganonford

Established Member
Reaction score
This is a ****ty situation. Seems like I have side effects from dermarolling. My lymph behind my ear is swollen, and was after last roll too. I called the doctor, and he said that it's most likely an infection, and that's the reason I got swollen. It's a bit paintfull. Hm. I don't know what to do now, maybe I should continue, but not continue rolling like a maniac and get all bloody.

How is your temples after rolling? Mine still hurts slightly after 5-6 days after. I don't think that's normal, I just thought it was normal for it to be a bit sore. I guess not then.

If I recall correctly, that is the same that happened to 2young before... he was going very hardcore on the dermaroller too... very deep and bloody with very little time to let the body rest...

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
this is no infection this is our immune system getting ready for possible infections. t cells get increased and stored at lymph nodes. ofcourse then it is infection if you dont follow safe infection control protocol. give it a break renew roller. keep doing it.

bushbush

Established Member
Reaction score
this is no infection this is our immune system getting ready for possible infections. t cells get increased and stored at lymph nodes. ofcourse then it is infection if you dont follow safe infection control protocol. give it a break renew roller. keep doing it.

This is quite a bold claim. The human immune system up-regulating itself in anticipation of infection after punching some holes in the skin? Infection is a much more likely (proven) cause for swollen lymph nodes.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
no. after keeping a wound kinda not heal properly for months which is located on head. :) plus it could ofcource be infection who knows.

- - - Updated - - -

i got pm msges regarding people here noticing lymph nodes. if you keep safe infection protocol then consider it a healthy immune system response. squeegee noticed them too. it is normal.

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
i understand shedding and shocklost and whatnot, but has anyone's hairline took a big hit from dermarolling?

yup my hairline aswell as my temples took a big hit.I dont even know if its gets recovered,time will tell

some hair got really thick thats good,but my density is ****ed up as for now

But still for those one having good results from rolling,keep on,DRing is more likely a "trial and error" like finasteride etc too

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
yup my hairline aswell as my temples took a big hit.I dont even know if its gets recovered,time will tell
You ever think it is caused by that increased absorption of the minoxidil you are using??? Some food for thought. 1.5 isn't long enough to reach follicles.

CharlesXavier

Reaction score
What do you guys think of adding glycolic acid to the scalp? 10% lotion..would this help or cause harm?

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
You ever think it is caused by that increased absorption of the minoxidil you are using??? Some food for thought. 1.5 isn't long enough to reach follicles.

it could be minoxidil shed but i don think that i got a massive shed from only using minoxidil 2x a day for 1-2 months.After i started finasteride 6months ago i got a shed to,but my front werent ****ed up that much.
Maybe they ll grow back but it looks like they re miniaturising..

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
it could be minoxidil shed but i don think that i got a massive shed from only using minoxidil 2x a day for 1-2 months.After i started finasteride 6months ago i got a shed to,but my front werent ****ed up that much.

Opti , I know you have started to use finasteride topical in your regimen , can I ask which finasteride topical are you using? do you make it by yourself? I also think since we do rolling it is important to use something more than normal minoxidil. Thats only my feeling about it

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
People have been on minoxidil for years, and until they started rolling they didn't experience regrowth. I think even 2young was on minoxidil before starting to roll look at him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.