New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
I think it was somebody from btt that posted the video of the guy with the scalp infection first. Seems they just googled staph/scalp and posted the scariest one they could find lol. It was unrelated to dermarolling, the guy contracted dissecting scalp cellulitis (dsc) and tried to self medicate at home effectively spreading around the infection before finally going to the hospital. Poor bastard. But again, had nothing to do with dermarolling, lol.

"Dissecting cellulitis of the scalp is a very rare scalp condition.
The condition is occasionally referred to as perifolliculitis capitis abscedens et suffodiens. It commonly affects black adult men but can affect any race, sex or age."

Yep Thats where i got the link, I made sure to point out i got it at BTT, it was somewhat related to DR in regards to infection, got the point across though huh. Poor guy

super

Reaction score
I posted way, way, way, way before my story with dermarolling. I said it worked, but got so much negativity here that i left. Posted some pics too. I am continuing my treatment with the same doctors i said before. I stopped talking pictures with them (will take eventually) because i only took them to show you guys. I see cosmetic differences as time goes, so i don't need any pics. And the pics usually don't show the big differences.

I came here now, because i went to my doctors to have the procedures done again and they decided to test also carboxytherapy. It is supposed to help increase blood flow a lot. Seeing the studies, i don't think it will do too much, since the wounding is what helps the hair regrow. But the big increase in blood flow will probably help the wound healing, it will probably make it more effective, idk. Just decided to tell you guys.

Right now, this is what they are doing: wash the scalp, apply a very strong peeling formula, carboxytherapy and then roll.

Jacob

Reaction score

Excellent. I was fearing that I'd end up 'rolling' myself into the poorhouse, if I had to switch needles every time.

Do you sterilise the needles, though? If so, how?

Oh, and which device do you have exactly?

The same one. I rinse with hot water afterwards and then put it in rubbing alcohol until next use. Hydrogen peroxide can also be used.

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey squeegee, what do you think about using the violet ray with dermarolling, it uses electricity to insert nitric oxide and oxygen into cells, and create/repair cells and tissue to natural state. Either way, I bought mine for $30 bucks, gonna see how this combination works and let everyone know. It does 20,000 cycles per second.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
guys i am afraid to procceed my skin on norwood has become so elastic is like fat guys belly when i squeeze it. how can i be sure the skin thickness is ok so tomorrow i proceed to wounding again? i am afraid now.

- - - Updated - - -

what the f? searching for thinned out skin from heavy rolling and came across a thread on dermarolling posts where someone says 1.5mm is good for collagen production and skin thickening? ?? wtf? squeegee?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
guys i am afraid to procceed my skin on norwood has become so elastic is like fat guys belly when i squeeze it. how can i be sure the skin thickness is ok so tomorrow i proceed to wounding again? i am afraid now.

- - - Updated - - -

what the f? searching for thinned out skin from heavy rolling and came across a thread on dermarolling posts where someone says 1.5mm is good for collagen production and skin thickening? ?? wtf? squeegee?

2young! Micro-Needling stimulates collagenesis and angiogenesis. This is why they call it Collagen Induction Therapy as well! You overthinking there! Just give a longer recovery time for your punkin!

- - - Updated - - -

I think it was somebody from btt that posted the video of the guy with the scalp infection first. Seems they just googled staph/scalp and posted the scariest one they could find lol. It was unrelated to dermarolling, the guy contracted dissecting scalp cellulitis (dsc) and tried to self medicate at home effectively spreading around the infection before finally going to the hospital. Poor bastard. But again, had nothing to do with dermarolling, lol.

"Dissecting cellulitis of the scalp is a very rare scalp condition.
The condition is occasionally referred to as perifolliculitis capitis abscedens et suffodiens. It commonly affects black adult men but can affect any race, sex or age."

You are right on the money! It was a rare scalp condition. People like to inject drama and fear into these experimental treatments. Clean the roller right before and after and be smart, you will never have a problem. I shave everyday and bleed almost everyday.. I don't remember the last time an infection started on my face.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Hey squeegee, what do you think about using the violet ray with dermarolling, it uses electricity to insert nitric oxide and oxygen into cells, and create/repair cells and tissue to natural state. Either way, I bought mine for $30 bucks, gonna see how this combination works and let everyone know.

I don't know **** about the violet ray! I cannot really say anything about it. Nitric Oxide is a free radical, don't overdose on that thing! The real problem is local chronic micro-inflammation.

The skin is the biggest organ of the body.

Cellular and molecular mechanisms of chronic inflammation-associated organ fibrosis

Satoshi Ueha[SUP]1,2[/SUP], Francis H. W. Shand[SUP]1,3[/SUP] and Kouji Matsushima[SUP]1,2[/SUP]*

• [SUP]1[/SUP] Department of Molecular Preventive Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, Japan
  • [SUP]2[/SUP] Japan Science and Technology Agency, Core Research for Evolutional Science and Technology, Tokyo, Japan
  • [SUP]3[/SUP] Department of Pharmacology, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Organ fibrosis is a pathological condition associated with chronic inflammatory diseases. In fibrosis, excessive deposition of extracellular matrix (ECM) severely impairs tissue architecture and function, eventually resulting in organ failure. This process is mediated primarily by the induction of myofibroblasts, which produce large amounts of collagen I, the main component of the ECM. Accordingly, the origin, developmental pathways, and mechanisms of myofibroblast regulation are attracting increasing attention as potential therapeutic targets. The fibrotic cascade, from initial epithelial damage to eventual myofibroblast induction, is mediated by complex biological processes such as macrophage infiltration, a shift from Th1 to Th2 phenotype, and by inflammatory mediators such as transforming growth factor-β. Here, we review the current understanding of the cellular and molecular mechanisms underlying organ fibrosis.

Coronary perivascular fibrosis is associated with impairment of coronary blood flow in patients with non-ischemic heart failure.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22867802

CONCLUSIONS:

These results indicate that coronary perivascular fibrosis is associated with the impairment of coronary blood flow although not associated with interstitial fibrosis or cardiac function, suggesting that it can be a new therapeutic target to improve coronary microcirculation.

BeliefISKEY

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey squeegee, what do you think about using the violet ray with dermarolling, it uses electricity to insert nitric oxide and oxygen into cells, and create/repair cells and tissue to natural state. Either way, I bought mine for $30 bucks, gonna see how this combination works and let everyone know.

Hey man, the cheap violet rays are no good. Try & get yourself a decent master violet ray on eBay. You'll get great results.

- - - Updated - - -

Before experienced a complete stop halt in hair loss & regrowth I had bad inflamnation at times. Loosening the scalp eliminated ALL of the inflamnation, stopped hair loss, and thickened my hair. Some time after, when I threw in the violet ray, I experienced significant regrowth, hair continued to thicken even more, & it also helped with some itchy/inflammed area around the back of my head. In my opinion the Violet ray is soooo much more effective than LLLT in many different reason.

The violet ray is supposed restore health to wherever you apply it locally via ozonation/increased blood flow & oxygen. as well as give you a cellular massage (which can theoretically stimulate dormant follicles) which I, as well as other have experienced.

- - - Updated - - -

2young! Micro-Needling stimulates collagenesis and angiogenesis. This is why they call it Collagen Induction Therapy as well! You overthinking there! Just give a longer recovery time for your punkin!

- - - Updated - - -

You are right on the money! It was a rare scalp condition. People like to inject drama and fear into these experimental treatments. Clean the roller right before and after and be smart, you will never have a problem. I shave everyday and bleed almost everyday.. I don't remember the last time an infection started on my face.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know **** about the violet ray! I cannot really say anything about it. Nitric Oxide is a free radical, don't overdose on that thing! The real problem is local chronic micro-inflammation.

The skin is the biggest organ of the body.

Cellular and molecular mechanisms of chronic inflammation-associated organ fibrosis

Satoshi Ueha[SUP]1,2[/SUP], Francis H. W. Shand[SUP]1,3[/SUP] and Kouji Matsushima[SUP]1,2[/SUP]*

• [SUP]1[/SUP] Department of Molecular Preventive Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, Japan
  • [SUP]2[/SUP] Japan Science and Technology Agency, Core Research for Evolutional Science and Technology, Tokyo, Japan
  • [SUP]3[/SUP] Department of Pharmacology, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Organ fibrosis is a pathological condition associated with chronic inflammatory diseases. In fibrosis, excessive deposition of extracellular matrix (ECM) severely impairs tissue architecture and function, eventually resulting in organ failure. This process is mediated primarily by the induction of myofibroblasts, which produce large amounts of collagen I, the main component of the ECM. Accordingly, the origin, developmental pathways, and mechanisms of myofibroblast regulation are attracting increasing attention as potential therapeutic targets. The fibrotic cascade, from initial epithelial damage to eventual myofibroblast induction, is mediated by complex biological processes such as macrophage infiltration, a shift from Th1 to Th2 phenotype, and by inflammatory mediators such as transforming growth factor-β. Here, we review the current understanding of the cellular and molecular mechanisms underlying organ fibrosis.

Coronary perivascular fibrosis is associated with impairment of coronary blood flow in patients with non-ischemic heart failure.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22867802

CONCLUSIONS:

These results indicate that coronary perivascular fibrosis is associated with the impairment of coronary blood flow although not associated with interstitial fibrosis or cardiac function, suggesting that it can be a new therapeutic target to improve coronary microcirculation.

So do you think the thinning of skin is due to the depletion of subcutaneous fat or what? I'm sure DR can help induce both subcutaneous fat & collagen production.

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey man, the cheap violet rays are no good. Try & get yourself a decent master violet ray on eBay. You'll get great results.

- - - Updated - - -

Before experienced a complete stop halt in hair loss & regrowth I had bad inflamnation at times. Loosening the scalp eliminated ALL of the inflamnation, stopped hair loss, and thickened my hair. Some time after, when I threw in the violet ray, I experienced significant regrowth, hair continued to thicken even more, & it also helped with some itchy/inflammed area around the back of my head. In my opinion the Violet ray is soooo much more effective than LLLT in many different reason.

The violet ray is supposed restore health to wherever you apply it locally via ozonation/increased blood flow & oxygen. as well as give you a cellular massage (which can theoretically stimulate dormant follicles) which I, as well as other have experienced.

- - - Updated - - -

So do you think the thinning of skin is due to the depletion of subcutaneous fat or what? I'm sure DR can help induce both subcutaneous fat & collagen production.

thanks I have d'arsonval which is 110v I though only that would matter, what do you think of d'arsonval violet rays. It does 20,000 cycles per second

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.newhairnewme.com/tesla-brush/

A response from the guy behind it here: http://www.hairlossfight.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2986 ..I would have just posted it here but it's long and this is getting a bit off topic :smack:

Yeah that one doesn't even list specs pertaining to cycles per second. not sure it does the same thing, the violet ray effects the electromagnetic field and charges your cells, also supplying oxygen and other to your blood. That's more of a massager the one you posted. It should produce electricity like the one Nikola Tesla was able to touch, that guy was around it all the time, and was a genius.

Jacob

Reaction score
Yeah that one doesn't even list specs pertaining to cycles per second. not sure it does the same thing, the violet ray effects the electromagnetic field and charges your cells, also supplying oxygen and other to your blood. That's more of a massager the one you posted. It should produce electricity like the one Nikola Tesla was able to touch, that guy was around it all the time, and was a genius.

Well I'll run that by him..but it'd be a bit difficult to really say which would be better.. if it does the same thing or not. I doubt there's been a study between the two :unsure:
Here's the page on how it's supposed to work: http://www.newhairnewme.com/electrotherapy/

Justeone

Reaction score
How long have you used HA for squeege ? You wipe down your blood then apply it ..gel form i assume. I see it promotes collagen production . Is that why you are using it? Do you feel it speeds up the repair post wound?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
How long have you used HA for squeege ? You wipe down your blood then apply it ..gel form i assume. I see it promotes collagen production . Is that why you are using it? Do you feel it speeds up the repair post wound?

I go pretty hard with the roller. The skin feels dry and my whole scalp is swollen.. I like the feel of the cold gel from the fridge! It gets in the skin pretty fast. I just want to promotes a faster healing process. Been using it for months. Every derma roller website are using them.

- - - Updated - - -

I go pretty hard with the roller. The skin feels dry and my whole scalp is swollen.. I like the feel of the cold gel from the fridge! It gets in the skin pretty fast. I just want to promotes a faster healing process. Been using it for months. Every derma roller website are using it.

- - - Updated - - -

Surprise: Scientists discover that inflammation helps to heal wounds

New research in the FASEB Journal suggests that muscle inflammation after acute muscle injury is essential to muscle repair by means of insulin-like growth factor-1

A new research study published in The FASEB Journal (http://www.fasebj.org) may change how sports injuries involving muscle tissue are treated, as well as how much patient monitoring is necessary when potent anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed for a long time. That's because the study shows for the first time that inflammation actually helps to heal damaged muscle tissue, turning conventional wisdom on its head that inflammation must be largely controlled to encourage healing. These findings could lead to new therapies for acute muscle injuries caused by trauma, chemicals, infections, freeze damage, and exposure to medications which cause muscle damage as a side effect. In addition, these findings suggest that existing and future therapies used to combat inflammation should be closely examined to ensure that the benefits of inflammation are not eliminated.
"We hope that our findings stimulate further research to dissect different roles played by tissue inflammation in clinical settings, so we can utilize the positive effects and control the negative effects of tissue inflammation," said Lan Zhou, M.D., Ph.D., a researcher involved in the work from the Neuroinflammation Research Center/Department of Neurosciences/Lerner Research Institute at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio.
Zhou and colleagues found that the presence of inflammatory cells (macrophages) in acute muscle injury produce a high level of a growth factor called insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) which significantly increases the rate of muscle regeneration. The research report shows that muscle inflammatory cells produce the highest levels of IGF-1, which improves muscle injury repair. To reach this conclusion, the researchers studied two groups of mice. The first group of mice was genetically altered so they could not mount inflammatory responses to acute injury. The second group of mice was normal. Each group experienced muscle injury induced by barium chloride. The muscle injury in the first group of mice did not heal, but in the second group, their bodies repaired the injury. Further analysis showed that macrophages within injured muscles in the second group of mice produced a high level of IGF-1, leading to significantly improved muscle repair.
"For wounds to heal we need controlled inflammation, not too much, and not too little," said Gerald Weissmann, M.D., Editor-in-Chief of The FASEB Journal, "It's been known for a long time that excess anti-inflammatory medication, such as cortisone, slows wound healing. This study goes a long way to telling us why: insulin-like growth factor and other materials released by inflammatory cells helps wound to heal."

- - - Updated - - -

[h=1]A case report on the use of sustained release platelet-rich plasma for the treatment of chronic pressure ulcers.[/h]Sell SA, Ericksen JJ, Reis TW, Droste LR, Bhuiyan MB, Gater DR.
[h=3]Author information [/h]
[h=3]Abstract[/h][h=4]BACKGROUND/OBJECTIVES:[/h]Chronic pressure ulcers affect patient health, emotional state, and quality of life, causing considerable morbidity and mortality in addition to contributing to significant health care costs from lengthy hospitalizations to advanced home care and surgical care costs. The conventional treatment of these wounds can be slow due to their chronic inflammatory state and the senescence of local reparative cells. Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy has been growing as a viable treatment alternative for a number of clinical applications and has potential benefit for use in chronic wounds. The sustained release of large quantities of autologous growth factors, cytokines, and other mediators found in PRP plus the favorable mononuclear cell profile of PRP may help us to stimulate wound healing and resolve chronic inflammation.

[h=4]METHODS:[/h]Three veterans with spinal cord injury (SCI), presenting with chronic stage IV pressure ulcers, were treated with a sustained release PRP therapy to stimulate wound healing.
[h=4]RESULTS:[/h]PRP treatment consistently resulted in the formation of granulation tissue and improved vascularity for each of the three patients treated, while reducing the overall ulcer area and volume.
[h=4]CONCLUSION:[/h]The controlled release of growth factors from PRP demonstrated a positive stimulatory effect on the healing rate of chronic pressure ulcers in individuals with SCI.

Kalio

Reaction score
I have been dermarolling a couple of weeks now, I am not entirely sure but the hair in my crown feels a bit thicker and I think I can see some very small hairs growing on the front. Question is though, 3 months ago I've had a transplant to the temples. How long should I wait rolling over the recipient area? I am not trying to regrow hair there, but I'd like to roll the area just behind the recipient area, but right now I am afraid I might damage the newly transplanted grafts when I accidentally hit the transplant area.

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been dermarolling a couple of weeks now, I am not entirely sure but the hair in my crown feels a bit thicker and I think I can see some very small hairs growing on the front. Question is though, 3 months ago I've had a transplant to the temples. How long should I wait rolling over the recipient area? I am not trying to regrow hair there, but I'd like to roll the area just behind the recipient area, but right now I am afraid I might damage the newly transplanted grafts when I accidentally hit the transplant area.

3 months in they should be firmly in place but still establishing themselves, but that being said I pull /cut a lot of hair during a roll, I am willing to take a chance because a lot of those may be going anyway but if I had just paid thousands for hair I would talk to your surgeon 1st, in theory rolling isn't supposed to damage follicles, in reality ??? shockloss is a concern, so some of your new hair may go bye bye for a bit also.
Mind if I ask how many grafts and what procedure you got done, and why you chose that particular 1

Kalio

Reaction score
Yea that's why I've been playing it safe. I think I will wait a year or so before even coming close to the recipient area. I had a procedure of 2500 grafts and had it done in Turkey. The clinic I went to only performed FUE. Besides, I wouldn't want to risk having a visible strip scar on the back of my head.

closetmetrosexual

Established Member
Reaction score

BostonHawk

Established Member
Reaction score
Yea that's why I've been playing it safe. I think I will wait a year or so before even coming close to the recipient area. I had a procedure of 2500 grafts and had it done in Turkey. The clinic I went to only performed FUE. Besides, I wouldn't want to risk having a visible strip scar on the back of my head.

You should try dermarolling the scar :pint::pint:

Jacob

Reaction score
His response did seem sort of legit to me.
I'd love to try his device.
But, alas, the money gods have no been good to me as of late. :$

He *may* be answering questions at the other place..so maybe a response to your previous post can be found there soon. If not I'll just post his response here..if he has one.

cthulhu2.0

Established Member
Reaction score
[h=1]Anyone know the verdict on this and human induced wounding, or has experience with this? It seems vital to our circumstances
Valproic acid induces hair regeneration in murine model and activates alkaline phosphatase activity in human dermal papilla cells.[/h]Lee SH, Yoon J, Shin SH, Zahoor M, Kim HJ, Park PJ, Park WS, Min do S, Kim HY, Choi KY.
[h=3]Author information[/h]

[h=3]Abstract[/h][h=4]BACKGROUND:[/h]Alopecia is the common hair loss problem that can affect many people. However, current therapies for treatment of alopecia are limited by low efficacy and potentially undesirable side effects. We have identified a new function for valproic acid (VPA), a GSK3β inhibitor that activates the Wnt/β-catenin pathway, to promote hair re-growth in vitro and in vivo.
[h=4]METHODOLOGY/ PRINCIPAL FINDINGS:[/h]Topical application of VPA to male C3H mice critically stimulated hair re-growth and induced terminally differentiated epidermal markers such as filaggrin and loricrin, and the dermal papilla marker alkaline phosphatase (ALP). VPA induced ALP in human dermal papilla cells by up-regulating the Wnt/β-catenin pathway, whereas minoxidil (MNX), a drug commonly used to treat alopecia, did not significantly affect the Wnt/β-catenin pathway. VPA analogs and other GSK3β inhibitors that activate the Wnt/β-catenin pathway such as 4-phenyl butyric acid, LiCl, and BeCl(2) also exhibited hair growth-promoting activities in vivo. Importantly, VPA, but not MNX, successfully stimulate hairgrowth in the wounds of C3H mice.
[h=4]CONCLUSIONS/ SIGNIFICANCE:[/h]Our findings indicate that small molecules that activate the Wnt/β-catenin pathway, such as VPA, can potentially be developed as drugs to stimulate hair re-growth.

- - - Updated - - -

I found two other studies on pubmed, concerning topical valproic acid and hairloss.

Status
Not open for further replies.