New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know a few members here are on Voltaren gel (Diclofenac). Came across a few studies showing that it enables prolonged delivery of topicals through microneedle-treated skin for up to seven days, doclofenac has also been shown to extend the inflammation phase & delay repair, interested to hear from these users.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3225536/#!po=64.8305

Its an interesting idea but the problem is that you'd need people try it out on a consistent basis and wait months before we'd know for sure if it works :/

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I think youre better off using the dermaroller. Watch this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29bWwHzl1ec

Go to the 1:50 mark in the video and notice that the 'wounds' are larger from a dermaroller. Going by Squeegee's logic that we have to go harder/deeper with wounding, the dermapen should prove less efficient.

yep.. and would probably be missing spots on the pumpkin.. but looks less painful? Jacob?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think youre better off using the dermaroller. Watch this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29bWwHzl1ec

Go to the 1:50 mark in the video and notice that the 'wounds' are larger from a dermaroller. Going by Squeegee's logic that we have to go harder/deeper with wounding, the dermapen should prove less efficient.

However, if youre planning on getting rid of some wrinkles on your face that the dermaroller would be too intense/difficult to roll on (near eyes) the dermapen should be good! I'll take nice skin along with more hair any day.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
...dermapen is wayyyy less painful....I have one from OwnDoc, just a little guy and I use it to 'warm" up the areas I'm gonna get at it with the roller...

...I also ordered a 80 pin DermaStamp from OwnDoc...I just like the pen/stamp way of stabbing better -- less pulling than with the roller

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
...dermapen is wayyyy less painful....I have one from OwnDoc, just a little guy and I use it to 'warm" up the areas I'm gonna get at it with the roller...

...I also ordered a 80 pin DermaStamp from OwnDoc...I just like the pen/stamp way of stabbing better -- less pulling than with the roller

Good stuff! have a link?

Sparky4444

Reaction score
...another stabbing session today...it's amazing how some areas just bleed more than others...I'm convinced that underneath it all things just get "crusty" in a way and that better blood flow is CRITICAL...gotta breakup that bad collagen and get blood to those DR'ed areas to get things rolling...

still need something to really kick things into high gear -- really curious about the copper/zinc connection here

- - - Updated - - -

Good stuff! have a link?

http://shop.owndoc.com/product-info.php?dermastamp15-pid211.html

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
...another stabbing session today...it's amazing how some areas just bleed more than others...I'm convinced that underneath it all things just get "crusty" in a way and that better blood flow is CRITICAL...gotta breakup that bad collagen and get blood to those DR'ed areas to get things rolling...

still need something to really kick things into high gear -- really curious about the copper/zinc connection here

- - - Updated - - -

http://shop.owndoc.com/product-info.php?dermastamp15-pid211.html

Thanks man! Just ordered 2.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
really curious about the copper/zinc connection here

I think thats where Pilox comes in. I hope the device works as well as the photographs have shown. Those results are nothing short of revolutionary.

closetmetrosexual

Established Member
Reaction score
OK, there seems to be a lot of confusion surrounding names for the various devices.

Does anyone have a electrically operated device that has a 9-12 needles going in and out really fast? (this is called a Dermapen by a lot of people)

DermaPen+Hero.jpg

Jlyncher

Established Member
Reaction score
Ouch, I think it's time for a new dermaroller, tonight's session was brutal.
I believe you're on to something with the following study. Looking back I think my results early on (when I was waiting the full 24hrs), were ironically better than results have been since applying minoxidil immediately after. I wonder if this is actually why the researchers from the study delayed minoxidil application for the 24hrs?

At any rate, I'm going back to the study protocol with the addition of two light absorption rolls during the week.

HAHAHAHAAH! go ahead 2young! Happy new year BTW!:punk: 4 a.m here time for bed I guess!

Btw I am drunk as ****.. but somehow managed to find this study.. Minoxidil is a cox inhibitor and should be avoided few days after derma rolling for better results.. It inhibits the acute inflammation which is the most important step in rolling.. It pretty much cancel the purpose of derma rolling itself. You can still use Minoxidil but only when the acute inflammation is gone.. redness and swollling. etc..

Effect of minoxidil on platelet function and the synthesis of prostaglandins in platelets.

O'Barr TP, Swanson EW, Fitzpatrick JE, Corby DG.
Author information

Abstract

At the 12.5 micrograms level, minoxidil prevents the irreversible aggregation of platelets by 2 x 10(-6) mol/L adenosine diphosphate (ADP). Levels of minoxidil greater than 12.5 micrograms cause a reversal of primary aggregation by 2 x 10(-6) mol/L ADP. Aggregation of platelets in response to 125 micrograms of arachidonic acid is measurably reduced by 12.5 micrograms of minoxidil and totally suppressed by 30 micrograms. Concurrent with the inhibition of platelet aggregation, increasing concentrations of minoxidil cause a gradual reduction in the synthesis of prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) and thromboxane B2 (TxB2). In the presence of 100 micrograms of minoxidil, PGE2 is reduced from a control value of 87.7 +/- 2.2 pg/ml to 23.9 +/- 3.2 pg/ml. At this level of minoxidil, TxB2 drops from 105 +/- 3.3 ng/ml to 10.5 +/- 2.6 ng/ml. The effect of minoxidil on platelet aggregation is not associated with increased cyclic adenosine monophosphate synthesis. All data support the conclusion that minoxidil functions (in platelet metabolism) primarily as a cyclooxygenase inhibitor.

slam1523

Banned
Reaction score
@cursedmen isn't derma rolling a way to break down fibrosis? I realize what you mean with heavy wounding it could cause it, but with a 1.5mm derma roller you think that's enough to induce fibrosis? Kind if curious why you say that?

Sparky4444

Reaction score
OK, there seems to be a lot of confusion surrounding names for the various devices.

Does anyone have a electrically operated device that has a 9-12 needles going in and out really fast? (this is called a Dermapen by a lot of people)

DermaPen+Hero.jpg

not worth it for only 9-12 needles..not worth it...just get one from OwnDoc and do it manually works really nice and it's not painful..just takes a bit longer

vladut50

Reaction score
Hi everybody! I noticed that the scalp is much softer right after you wash your hair. I had much better scalp penetration and more bleeding if I rolled 5 minutes after washing my hair.

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody! I noticed that the scalp is much softer right after you wash your hair. I had much better scalp penetration and more bleeding if I rolled 5 minutes after washing my hair.

You still rolling 2x day with no issues

Wiggle

Reaction score
Got another roll in today. I can feel blood flowing in my scalp and along the temple. Got a fair bit more blood this time. Attached image is my "bad" temple that I rolled quite hard today.

WP_20140106_002.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.