New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

karankaran

I saw a sodium salt of valporic acid 95% purity - available at 10 g for 37$ on the net. pretty cheap compared to a lot of other stuff.

Activating the Wnt/β-catenin pathway can do wonders, IMO.

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This thread is totally out of control now. A warning has already been issued by the admin, which has been ignored. There are going to be some bans handed out tomorrow. Enough is enough now. I'm sick of seeing complaints over this thread, and endless personal attacks. It will be a shame that useful posters will end up banned but you guys didn't heed the warning, so only have yourselves to blame.

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I will check IP addresses tomorrow. Sure this thread is massive, but it draws so many complaints over personal attacks, more than the rest of the forum put together. So a line in the sand needs to be drawn. Useful information is lost amidst the squabbling and vitriol. The reported posts forum is almost exclusively filled with complaints over it, and seemingly the warning wasn't enough. But these personal attacks are totally over the top and unnecessary.

shivers20

Established Member
Reaction score
[h=1]Anyone know the verdict on this and human induced wounding, or has experience with this? It seems vital to our circumstances
Valproic acid induces hair regeneration in murine model and activates alkaline phosphatase activity in human dermal papilla cells.[/h]Lee SH, Yoon J, Shin SH, Zahoor M, Kim HJ, Park PJ, Park WS, Min do S, Kim HY, Choi KY.
[h=3]Author information[/h]

[h=3]Abstract[/h][h=4]BACKGROUND:[/h]Alopecia is the common hair loss problem that can affect many people. However, current therapies for treatment of alopecia are limited by low efficacy and potentially undesirable side effects. We have identified a new function for valproic acid (VPA), a GSK3β inhibitor that activates the Wnt/β-catenin pathway, to promote hair re-growth in vitro and in vivo.
[h=4]METHODOLOGY/ PRINCIPAL FINDINGS:[/h]Topical application of VPA to male C3H mice critically stimulated hair re-growth and induced terminally differentiated epidermal markers such as filaggrin and loricrin, and the dermal papilla marker alkaline phosphatase (ALP). VPA induced ALP in human dermal papilla cells by up-regulating the Wnt/β-catenin pathway, whereas minoxidil (MNX), a drug commonly used to treat alopecia, did not significantly affect the Wnt/β-catenin pathway. VPA analogs and other GSK3β inhibitors that activate the Wnt/β-catenin pathway such as 4-phenyl butyric acid, LiCl, and BeCl(2) also exhibited hair growth-promoting activities in vivo. Importantly, VPA, but not MNX, successfully stimulate hairgrowth in the wounds of C3H mice.
[h=4]CONCLUSIONS/ SIGNIFICANCE:[/h]Our findings indicate that small molecules that activate the Wnt/β-catenin pathway, such as VPA, can potentially be developed as drugs to stimulate hair re-growth.

- - - Updated - - -

I found two other studies on pubmed, concerning topical valproic acid and hairloss.

If I remember correctly, Valproic acid is still stuck in phase 2 of clinical trials for Androgenetic Alopecia. I would be interested to see what kind of results VPA could produce, if it works it could give legitimacy to Follica's wounding with Lithium protocol, since lithium & vpa work similarly.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
LOL..Some members agenda is running multiples account to spread negativity and pessimism around. I am far than perfect but a I'm least trying to add real content to this place. This thread is almost over 450 pages.. and attracted more people than anything known in the hairloss forum business..

don't get too smug. 450 pages of crap is still crap.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
Quantum.. there's also some good info in here. Maybe some of us are not all pro Finasteride like you kitty cat. Experimental treatments always bring some drama. See, I can say the same thing about all your post. None of them are helped/helping me out. Finasteride, Minoxidil and the impact of hairloss thread is the not the answer to Androgen Alopecia.

Oh it has nothing to do with what I think about dermarolling, Finasteride, experimental treatments or anything like that.

This was potentially a very useful and helpful thread but has repeatedly been ruined by excessive hostility, animosity and stupidity. Many genuine people who wanted to contribute constructively to this thread were hounded out, or so disgusted by the behaviour on display that they simply left.

Since the beginning, one member in particular seems to be the main offender and at the root of all the problems - the 'tumour' so to speak.

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
Well yesterday this thread was productive for a while, why don't we get back to discussion of rolling, So quantum You rolling

The Far Side

Established Member
Reaction score
So I was thinking about starting to give DR'ing a go. I had something like this in mind:

- 1.5mm 192 needle roller
- DR'ing every 2 weeks
- resume topicals 24 hours later
- I'm using Nizoral 2% every 4-5 days, so I would aim to have the ~4 day gap just after rolling

Does anyone have any comments on that? I'm also interested in what people have decided is optimal in terms of using (or not using) numbing creams, ice(?) etc. and whether they rinse their scalp after rolling or not, do people think that has any impact?

I've been trawling through the various forums looking at dermarolling threads. From what I gather you've been at this for more than a year now squeegee? I know we can't expect pictures if people aren't comfortable providing them, but even a bit of text about your experience would go a long way. You're obviously a big fan of rolling but I was hoping for some specifics about your regime "they see me rolling...", what growth you've had etc.

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, seeing as he couldn't behave himself, squeegee has been banned. You don't get to offset disgusting personal attacks with useful posts. You may bring traffic to the forum, but when visitors see such toxic posting, it puts them off. I'm not going to debate this, he was given too much leeway. Anyone else continues and they can join him in exile!

The Far Side

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been trawling through the various forums looking at dermarolling threads. From what I gather you've been at this for more than a year now squeegee? I know we can't expect pictures if people aren't comfortable providing them, but even a bit of text about your experience would go a long way. You're obviously a big fan of rolling but I was hoping for some specifics about your regime "they see me rolling...", what growth you've had etc.

Guess that won't be happening then. jason5 hasn't been on the forum since November 20th either, he was the guy who posted very encouraging DR'ing result photos. I'm looking for anything encouraging to get me started with dermarolling and there's nothing the past couple of months, not even some text :(

danawhite1

Established Member
Reaction score
2young2retire seems to be the only consistently successful dermaroller/wounder here. im 8 rolls into it and i just get the vellus hairs on the hairline but not sure if i had that the whole time or not, or if the vellus hairs were regular hairs that miniturized

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
So I was thinking about starting to give DR'ing a go. I had something like this in mind:

- 1.5mm 192 needle roller
- DR'ing every 2 weeks
- resume topicals 24 hours later
- I'm using Nizoral 2% every 4-5 days, so I would aim to have the ~4 day gap just after rolling

Does anyone have any comments on that? I'm also interested in what people have decided is optimal in terms of using (or not using) numbing creams, ice(?) etc. and whether they rinse their scalp after rolling or not, do people think that has any impact?

very few people have shown actual results in pics, 2young had growth but that could even be contributed to minoxidil but theres no way to tell I cant remember if he tried minoxidil before or not, I think youcandoit said he had results just from rolling with no topicals, baldnesssadness recently posted pics with some regrowth, casperz had some though he hasn't posted In a bit, squeegee only posted pics of vellous hairs so that was mainly talk with no substance. Still too soon to say pass or fail. might as well start maybe you could be one of the lucky ones

as far as regimen, my take is 7-10 days depending on soreness, I use a mild burn cream, but wash it out before rolling, then after wipe scalp with alcohol to get blood off, the rest of your routine seems to go with the general consensus

The Far Side

Established Member
Reaction score
very few people have shown actual results in pics, 2young had growth but that could even be contributed to minoxidil but theres no way to tell I cant remember if he tried minoxidil before or not, I think youcandoit had results just from rolling with no topicals, baldnesssadness recently posted pics with some regrowth, casperz had some though he hasn't posted In a bit, squeegee only posted pics of vellous hairs so that was mainly talk with no substance. Still too soon to say pass or fail. might as well start maybe you could be one of the lucky ones

as far as regimen, my take is 7-10 days depending on soreness, I use a mild burn cream, but wash it out before rolling, then after wipe scalp with alcohol to get blood off, the rest of your routine seems to go with the general consensus

These results from PrettyFly83 were impressive http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/attachment.php?attachmentid=22617&d=1385992188, as were those of jason5. Both of them have been off the forum for a month+ annoyingly. I would have been happy with just some text from squeegee even, something of substance. Thanks for telling me what you've been doing, what is your take on your own results? As far as minoxidil goes I'm getting different results now than I did several years back (better results, and in areas that have now been "balder" longer), so I think adding rolling in now would muddy things further. If I thought with any certainty that it would be a positive addition in terms of regrowth I'd add it straight away, but I'm still looking for a zeroheat style success story before I pull the trigger. I don't fancy having a 1 day gap every 7-10 days with my "kitchen sink" topical approach as I feel that would be a risk in terms of their effectiveness.

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
These results from PrettyFly83 were impressive http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/attachment.php?attachmentid=22617&d=1385992188, as were those of jason5. Both of them have been off the forum for a month+ annoyingly. I would have been happy with just some text from squeegee even, something of substance. Thanks for telling me what you've been doing, what is your take on your own results? As far as minoxidil goes I'm getting different results now than I did several years back (better results, and in areas that have now been "balder" longer), so I think adding rolling in now would muddy things further. If I thought with any certainty that it would be a positive addition in terms of regrowth I'd add it straight away, but I'm still looking for a zeroheat style success story before I pull the trigger. I don't fancy having a 1 day gap every 7-10 days with my "kitchen sink" topical approach as I feel that would be a risk in terms of their effectiveness.

I would love for an update from those 2,, i think if they had continued results they would post them either here or the other forum. Myself 10 weeks in no regrowth at all everytime I think I see new hair they are gone after a roll I am hoping when i take a break all the hairs I shed and cut/pull will come back and then some, like the indian study.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i use them max for 4 sessions. always put them on fire for 2 sec and dip them into alcohol and betandine for hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.