New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganonford

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe the admin should lock this thread for just two or three days to let everyone calm down...

slam1523

Banned
Reaction score
I just have a quick question... Why do people protesting this thread have to slam it then say they aren't coming back? Why even comment? If you don't agree or like what's being talked about why bother getting involved? This thread consists of people posting regarding derma rolling... I came here to see facts which from what I've seen so far squeegee and 2young have posted... I'm sick of reading people hate on this... Do you think people with half a brain read 2 young write he thinks he's cured and assume this is the cure? He's excited because of his results and good for him... If you guys don't think this works, why come in here? Why cause trouble? If you've done this for 3 months and it didn't work explain what you did and what results you received and people can learn from it... But for the love of all that's holy please stop coming in here pissed because people listen to squeegee or because squeegee gets annoyed, or because 2 young is saying cure as if this is a quick fix maybe a little premature... At the end of the day who cares? I'm here to learn not read 20 negative comments about how this doesn't work by mostly people that haven't tried it how it's being discussed here... If you're here to argue take it somewhere else don't go tattle to the moderator cause someone responded to you negatively then question other people's maturity!

slam1523

Banned
Reaction score
@hellhauser bro how often do you roll, and do you just focus on the hairline? That's what I've been doing too... You experienced much shedding? How long have you been rolling? Have you noticed any sprouting whatsoever? Do you use minoxidil with your rolling? Like I said I'm targeting the same area I've just done a couple rolls so I'm just curious...? Thanks for taking the time to reply!

- - - Updated - - -

@hellhauser bro how often do you roll, and do you just focus on the hairline? That's what I've been doing too... You experienced much shedding? How long have you been rolling? Have you noticed any sprouting whatsoever? Do you use minoxidil with your rolling? Like I said I'm targeting the same area I've just done a couple rolls so I'm just curious...? Thanks for taking the time to reply!

- - - Updated - - -

@fred like I said I'm here to learn, but you have to admit that squeegee finding these pics is kind of funny! Have you tried derma rolling? If so how long?

Breaking Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree slam1523, but it's usually squeegee who starts attacking people for no ****ing reason!!! Then 2young joins in as his little defender, so why you blaming everyone else?? They are the ones getting peoples backs up, they are acting like little school bullies! Can't you see that?

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
NOTICE:

From this point in the thread, forward... any posts deemed by moderators as "not contributing" to the topic of this thread, will be deleted.

Even helpful posts which also may contain a few inflammatory words, will be completely deleted.

We don't have time to edit out the negative vibes in each post.

No more emotional / personal / inflammatory / or even snide tone in posts from this point forward.

Thanks.

Admin

slam1523

Banned
Reaction score
@fred do you use 1.5mm rollers? Do you use minoxidil... Do you do your whole head? Why'd you stop initially? Do you bleed?
@breaking bald I understand but people have instigated it a bit too, and really I just want to focus on rolling with people that are rolling... How are your results bro?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

I roll once every 2 weeks. Growth factors with healing are expressed 7-10 days after wounding. I focus an ALL thinning areas but especially at temples. Shedding is actually at a minimum right now, though it could be due to me being on CB-03-01 and RU58841. I've been rolling since August. Haven't seen ANY new terminal hairs. I use minoxidil every day.

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
I reproduce the Indian study, so yes 1,5 mm, with minoxidil, on my NW5 area.

I stopped because I had a hair transplant scheduled and I didn't want the dermarolling to interfere.

Since I cancelled the hair transplant, I got back on it. I only have blood spots there and there.

Thanks to the admin for the intervention by the way.
Good on you for going straight to a 1.5mm roller. I made the 'mistake' of doing the first four rolls with 0.5mm, which may have been a waste of time/effort. (Then again, it might've done me good to ease myself into rolling that way, 0.5mm rolling felt like scratching my scalp in comparison to the full 1.5mm.)

slam1523

Banned
Reaction score
So you don't think 7 days is enough time to let it heal? Seems like most the people that have seen results have been doing it every 7 days...

- - - Updated - - -

@fred hopefully it works for you man... I know most the people that have said they've had results have bled a bit, because they build up their blood vessels in those areas they roll

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
I reproduce the Indian study, so yes 1,5 mm, with minoxidil, on my NW5 area.

I stopped because I had a hair transplant scheduled and I didn't want the dermarolling to interfere.

Since I cancelled the hair transplant, I got back on it. I only have blood spots there and there.

Thanks to the admin for the intervention by the way.

So fred are you replicating the study by doing just 12 rolls then stopping or just the technique. Anyone else doing 12 rolls then stopping for while?

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
squeegee how can we be sure that we are not thinning our skin after many many heavy wounding applications of roller?

jasperhobbs

Reaction score
THANKS FOR THE NEGATIVE REPUTATION GUYS I FEEL REALLY HONERED GETTING JUDGED BY HIGH IQ 130 ++ LIKE YOU

anyone using dermapen here?

I use a derma stamp and like it over rollers.

Jasper

jasperhobbs

Reaction score
Jasper how long have you been stamping? Any results you've noticed so far?

Posted below the other day.

My story is a little different. I am 52 years old and maintained my hair for a long time using 1.25 Finasteride. Then I started shedding at a rapid rate and within a month period lost most of the hair on the top of my head except for temple area. Also lost eyebrows and parts of body hair. Underarms, chest hair ETC

I couldn’t get into a Dermatologist over the holidays and appointment in not until February. I did a lot of research and think I have some type of Alopecia. I checked side effects of a medication I am taking for nerve damage and in rare cases it can cause hair loss which was confirmed by my regular Doctor. I slowly am weaning myself off the medication.

I took an aggressive approach and started derma rolling along with using Minoxidil 5% twice a day. I am seeing less and less hair loss and feeling little nubs growing all over my scalp. My wife with the help of a magnifying glass is seeing a lot of regrowth. Whether nubs will materialize into real hair remains to be seen.

I ordered a Derma stamp 1.8 MM and used that for the first time today. Worked well but can be a bit painful. I find a stamp easier to use than a roller.

I will keep everyone posted with my results but I am hopeful I have some good things going on.

Jasper

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
NOTICE:

From this point in the thread, forward... any posts deemed by moderators as "not contributing" to the topic of this thread, will be deleted.

Even helpful posts which also may contain a few inflammatory words, will be completely deleted.

We don't have time to edit out the negative vibes in each post.

No more emotional / personal / inflammatory / or even snide tone in posts from this point forward.

Thanks.

Admin
[/QUOTE

PLEASE READ

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
squeegee how can we be sure that we are not thinning our skin after many many heavy wounding applications of roller?
I don't think wounding can ever cause the skin to thin. With heavy wounding, the only thing I can think of is possibility of fibrosis.

Status
Not open for further replies.