New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Really no updates. I lurk on this thread from time to time and it's gotten to be a waste of time. Although I would like to contribute more It's not worth it.

Coconut oil is ok. I apply the second day after DR. Hair seems healthier and darker. I use Coconut oil because it's what I cook with and easy to get. even use it after I shave.

Something I've incorporated is Ball Rolling 2-3 times a week. I've drop DR back to once every 2-3 weeks because I'm on the go so much. I use a TP Factor Massage Ball (Yes you have to press hard). Google Graston Technique. Not exactly DR but the next thing IMO. Graston Technique does work on injuries so instead of blasting my head open I'll try this.

I wish you guys would knock off the youtube vids in your post. Half you guys act like you're 2 years old. Squeegee has some great ideas and always 5 steps ahead of me on my research. If he would put more effort into applying his knowledge instead of trying to debate ideas he would be dangerous. He even said it best "I have nothing to proved to anyone on here". So why even debate? Say your idea and sit down. There is no structure to this experiment so why bother debating and wasting time.

Mach! Knowledgeable people are more than welcome here! Spit your theory out ASAP please! :coffee:

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
i think massaging the scalp 1day after wounding could be beneficial .

Effect of stretching force on human hair dermal papilla cells: possibility of manipulating mechanobiology to induce hair regeneration

T Koyama1,2, R Ogawa3, K Kobayashi1,2, T Hama4 and H Hyakusoku3 1Josai Clinic, Tokyo, Japan; 2NPO Future Medical Laboratory, Tokyo, Japan; 3Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan and 4ANGFA Co., Ltd., Tokyo, Japan
Introduction: Mechanical forces have an important role in regeneration of tissues, such as bone, cartilage, blood vessels, and myocardium. For hair regeneration, interaction of hair dermal papilla cells (HDPCs) with hair matrix cells is essential. Our hypothesis is that appropriate mechanical stimulation on the HDPCs may enhance its interaction with hair matrix cells to accelerate hair regrowth. As our first step, we evaluated the effect of a stretching force on HDPCs by analyzing the gene expression of stretch-stimulated HDPCs.

Methods: A commercialized cell line of HDPCs was cultured with 10% fetal bovine serumcontaining Dulbecco’s Eagle medium. Thereafter, 1x105 of three-passaged cells were seeded on a silicone chamber that can be stretched cyclically by computer modulation. The stretching stimulation was set as 20% stretch, 10 cycles/min for 24 and 72 hours. Thereafter, the cells were harvested and their gene expression was analyzed using cDNA microarray methods.

Results: The HDPCs aligned themselves perpendicularly to the stretching direction 72 hours after stretching, whereas the non-stretched cells showed a random distribution. After 24 hours of stretching, 373 and 407 genes were upregulated and downregulated, respectively (n=5). After 72 hours of stretching, 2655 and 2823 genes were upregulated and downregulated, respectively (n=5). The upregulated genes included hair growth genes such as VEGF, WNT, BMP, and PDGF, and the downregulated genes included hair-removing genes such as IL-6 and TNF.
Conclusion: An optimal stretching force applied for a suitably long period can upregulate hair growth genes and downregulate hair removal genes in HDPCs. Thus, mechanical force may be useful in hair tissue engineering. In addition, mechanical stimulation of the scalp may be a natural, easy, and economical way to stimulate hair growth. Further studies will be required to understand the effect of mechanical force in hair regeneration.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
The guy from immortal hair : its funny tho over last few years i read quiet a few post from guys from East. Europe rubbing salt. they all claim it works.

empty.gif
Re: injury/bald scalp/hair re-growth. explain.

empty.gif
bartek007 on Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:55 am
Hello,I'm from Poland (East Europe).In my region very popular method to fight against hair loss (male pattern baldness) is rubbing salt on scalp.Wash Your hair in mild shampoo and rub salt into scalp for 10-15 minutes and rinse Your hair in warm water.I do this every day and my hair loss has completly stoped and after 4-5 months I see plenty new hairs.During salt rub my scalp become red and itch....It is good sign.Sorry for my English

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLTCwEow3To
this is the same, a russian lady apply grin salt to scalp
and more....

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
:agree:
i think massaging the scalp 1day after wounding could be beneficial .

Effect of stretching force on human hair dermal papilla cells: possibility of manipulating mechanobiology to induce hair regeneration

T Koyama1,2, R Ogawa3, K Kobayashi1,2, T Hama4 and H Hyakusoku3 1Josai Clinic, Tokyo, Japan; 2NPO Future Medical Laboratory, Tokyo, Japan; 3Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan and 4ANGFA Co., Ltd., Tokyo, Japan
Introduction: Mechanical forces have an important role in regeneration of tissues, such as bone, cartilage, blood vessels, and myocardium. For hair regeneration, interaction of hair dermal papilla cells (HDPCs) with hair matrix cells is essential. Our hypothesis is that appropriate mechanical stimulation on the HDPCs may enhance its interaction with hair matrix cells to accelerate hair regrowth. As our first step, we evaluated the effect of a stretching force on HDPCs by analyzing the gene expression of stretch-stimulated HDPCs.

Methods: A commercialized cell line of HDPCs was cultured with 10% fetal bovine serumcontaining Dulbecco’s Eagle medium. Thereafter, 1x105 of three-passaged cells were seeded on a silicone chamber that can be stretched cyclically by computer modulation. The stretching stimulation was set as 20% stretch, 10 cycles/min for 24 and 72 hours. Thereafter, the cells were harvested and their gene expression was analyzed using cDNA microarray methods.

Results: The HDPCs aligned themselves perpendicularly to the stretching direction 72 hours after stretching, whereas the non-stretched cells showed a random distribution. After 24 hours of stretching, 373 and 407 genes were upregulated and downregulated, respectively (n=5). After 72 hours of stretching, 2655 and 2823 genes were upregulated and downregulated, respectively (n=5). The upregulated genes included hair growth genes such as VEGF, WNT, BMP, and PDGF, and the downregulated genes included hair-removing genes such as IL-6 and TNF.
Conclusion: An optimal stretching force applied for a suitably long period can upregulate hair growth genes and downregulate hair removal genes in HDPCs. Thus, mechanical force may be useful in hair tissue engineering. In addition, mechanical stimulation of the scalp may be a natural, easy, and economical way to stimulate hair growth. Further studies will be required to understand the effect of mechanical force in hair regeneration.

GoodToBeRich

Reaction score
How often should I replace my dermaroller? I assume the needles get duller over time

I've been rolling two months with the same two rollers (.5 followed by 1.5) and haven't noticed the needles going dull yet. I expect they will soon though so I have backups. That's why the cheaper ones are the way to go.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i experience itch its 3rd day post roll , i guess its cause of healing or remodelling? any more expert here about itch on wounds?

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
guys any newer inputs? please throw some pic feedback. what about discussing the ultimate wounding amount way and time frame protocoll might be?

[video=youtube;QG6b5ENtr74]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG6b5ENtr74[/video]

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLTCwEow3To
this is the same, a russian lady apply grin salt to scalp
and more....

Interesting Armando.. Hyperkeratinization is the real answer to hairloss?

Salt has natural relaxing and soothing properties, and it also helps circulation and exfoliates your skin.
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Your-Own-Salt-Scrubs

Topical Sodium works like Minoxidil, acts as a channel opener? or just support the sodium/potassium pump??

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/biology/nakpump.html

Look at this guy on immortal forum using Glycolic Acidc peels: http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t9447-scalp-peeling-with-20-glycolic-acid-great-results

- - - Updated - - -

Really really interesting BeliefiSKEY! :salut:

"The key finding of this study is that, after full face transplantation, there is a consistent, extensive vascular reorganization that works in concert with the larger vessels that are connected at the time of surgery," Dr. Kumamaru said.

Probably why hair transplant works as well?:listen:

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
i noticed too,that on one temple where i did shed much more skin,my hairline looks really better and many new hair are growing

in my opinion rolling in one direction like 20-30 times works better than going really hard and just roll like 5 -10 times(i didnt get any skin shed of it).

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
i noticed too,that on one temple where i did shed much more skin,my hairline looks really better and many new hair are growing

in my opinion rolling in one direction like 20-30 times works better than going really hard and just roll like 5 -10 times(i didnt get any skin shed of it).

I have better results when I go hard core with the derma roller and shed skin as well. I rolled yesterday 3.0mm style with application of Glycolic Acid 30% for 10 minutes after.

baldnesssadness

Established Member
Reaction score
I have better results when I go hard core with the derma roller and shed skin as well. I rolled yesterday 3.0mm style with application of Glycolic Acid 30% for 10 minutes after.

So first you apply the numb cream wait a couple of minutes.

Then you dermaroller together with Glycolic acid 30% and wait for 10 minutes?

I have read about the picture craze before and i agree, you dont owe us any pictures and you can post results when you feel like in the mean time WE all should continue dermarolling and focus on our own progress.

But i would really like a picture of your scalp after you dermarolled just to see the intensity and how you scalp looks after dermarolling and glycolic acid.

can you make tutorial of that just so we all know it step by step?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
So first you apply the numb cream wait a couple of minutes.

Then you dermaroller together with Glycolic acid 30% and wait for 10 minutes?

I have read about the picture craze before and i agree, you dont owe us any pictures and you can post results when you feel like in the mean time WE all should continue dermarolling and focus on our own progress.

But i would really like a picture of your scalp after you dermarolled just to see the intensity and how you scalp looks after dermarolling and glycolic acid.

can you make tutorial of that just so we all know it step by step?

What I usually end up with is: Blood everywhere. My hair is always soaked in blood so is my derma-roller. You also clearly see the derma roller marks on the skin.

I apply the numb cream.. Numb fast.. wait 20 minutes.. then apply some more.. then go for it.. roll really fast and heavy.. I can do my whole scalp within a minute.. I go superfast and heavy... I do the whole pumpkin and half of my forehead.. Coverage is important. Going fast help to rush the blood as well. Friction..

Then when I am done.. I wait until the blood dry-up. then rinse it in the shower..

My head is red and I can feel the blood rushing to my scalp.. acute inflammation is fully triggered.. The after rinsing.. I apply the 30% Glycolic acid.. yes.. it gets hotter.. then wait 10 minutes.. rinse it..

towel.. then I apply Hyaluronic Acid for the night.. I clean all my torture tools then go to bed.. repeat the next week.

It takes 3-5 days for the redness to completely disappears.. Also ,shed skin in the procedure during the week.

2young2retire results talk for themselves while all the others clowns on here just bitching about the pain etc... Some people just don't have the right attitude and resilience for this kind of experimental treatments. They are weak and impatience. Hair reconstructions takes time and effort.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting Armando.. Hyperkeratinization is the real answer to hairloss?

Salt has natural relaxing and soothing properties, and it also helps circulation and exfoliates your skin.
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Your-Own-Salt-Scrubs

Topical Sodium works like Minoxidil, acts as a channel opener? or just support the sodium/potassium pump??

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/biology/nakpump.html

Look at this guy on immortal forum using Glycolic Acidc peels: http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t9447-scalp-peeling-with-20-glycolic-acid-great-results

The result is not dramatic enough for myself to consider a significant cosmetic improvement.

Furthermore, and more importantly, the photo is out of focus and blurry. I would NOT use this photo as an example for peels.

Status
Not open for further replies.