New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
The result is not dramatic enough for myself to consider a significant cosmetic improvement.

Furthermore, and more importantly, the photo is out of focus and blurry. I would NOT use this photo as an example for peels.

Why you need dramatic results? yo can clearly see the hair in the front are definitely thicker. You guys don't apply common sense and are just too impatient. That kind of results with the peels only is pretty impressive. Thickness always improve first with any treatments..

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why you need dramatic results? yo can clearly see the hair in the front are definitely thicker. You guys don't apply common sense and are just too impatience. That kind of results with the peels only is pretty impressive. Thickness always improve first with any treatments..

Common sense would tell me photographs that are taken with a fast enough shutter speed, a high aperture (ie; f/8) with sufficient soft lighting would be a legitimate way of comparing before and after photos. Anything else sets up results to be misleading.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Common sense would tell me photographs that are taken with a fast enough shutter speed, a high aperture (ie; f/8) with sufficient soft lighting would be a legitimate way of comparing before and after photos. Anything else sets up results to be misleading.

The pics are not definitely the best example.. but can be accountable.

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree the results may not be as dramatic because of the difference in focus but I can clearly see some results, I would call it successfull

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

^^^^
Glycolic Acid peel results.. Pretty convincing..

- - - Updated - - -

This is our best example for derma-rolling: it works, but takes time.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
This is not convincing at all. Prettyfly83 is the pictures to refer to when it comes to success.

full regrowth of juvenile hairline and temples area is not the best example? OK

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

This I would consider a cosmetic improvement (although the second photo sucks, temples and hairline are filled with shadow thus darkening the area)

A few questions:

1 - Who is that?
2 - How long was he dermarolling? (weeks? months?)
3 - What is his exact regimen?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
This I would consider a cosmetic improvement (although the second photo sucks, temples and hairline are filled with shadow thus darkening the area)

A few questions:

1 - Who is that?
2 - How long was he dermarolling? (weeks? months?)
3 - What is his exact regimen?

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact...eedling/page15

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact...eedling/page24

Some assclowns losers on here were bitching about my microscopic pics as not true results..

joseph49853 micro pics and mine are pretty resembling.. his pics were taken after 5 months.. mine a few weeks in.. Haters are just another reason that I will continue that treatment.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i believe we should celebrate. wounding definetaly pulls a handbreak on further loss and if you wound enough. well you regrow and if you keep doing it you get cured .

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
i believe we should celebrate. wounding definetaly pulls a handbreak on further loss and if you wound enough. well you regrow and if you keep doing it you get cured .

- - - Updated - - -

[video=youtube;cHXFARUOYY0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHXFARUOYY0[/video]

BeliefISKEY

Established Member
Reaction score

^^^^
Glycolic Acid peel results.. Pretty convincing..

- - - Updated - - -

He has already said it was the the massage that helped him not really the acid... Check the last page. I still think the acid is good to use though.

- - - Updated - - -

What is the order here and how do we know it's the same spot? If the order goes from bottom to top, and it's the same spot then DAMN... That's good fu***** regrowth!

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Combination of microneedling and glycolic acid peels for the treatment of acne scars in dark skin.

Sharad J.
Source

Skinfiniti the Aesthetic Skin and Laser Clinic, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Abstract

INTRODUCTION:

  Acne scars can cause emotional and psychosocial disturbance to the patient. Various modalities have been used for the treatment of acne scars like punch excision, subcision, peels, microdermabrasion, unfractionated and fractioned lasers. The latest in the treatment armamentarium is microneedling. Acne scars commonly coexist with postinflammatory hyperpigmentation. A combination of microneedling and glycolic acid (GA) peels was found to give excellent results in the treatment of such scars. The aim was to study the efficacy of a combination of microneedling with glycolic peel for the treatment of acne scars in pigmented skin.

METHOD:

  Thirty patients in the age group of 20-40 years with atrophic box type or rolling scars with postinflammatory hyperpigmentation were chosen for the study. Two groups were made. The first group comprised of 30 patients in whom only microneedling was performed once in 6 weeks for five sessions. In the second group of 30 patients, a combination of microneedling and 35% GA peels was carried out. Patients from both groups were evaluated on the basis of Echelle d'Evaluation clinique des Cicatrices d'acné classification.
RESULTS:

  Based on the objective scoring and its statistical analysis, there was significant improvement in superficial and moderately deep scars (grade 1-3). There was also improvement in skin texture, reduction in postacne pigmentation in the second group.
CONCLUSION:

  Microneedling is a simple, inexpensive office procedure with no downtime. It is safe in Indian skin (skin types III-IV). The combined sequential treatment with GA peel caused a significant improvement in the acne scars without increasing morbidity.
© 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.

- - - Updated - - -

[h=1]Tocotrienols suppress proinflammatory markers and cyclooxygenase-2 expression in RAW264.7 macrophages.[/h] Mun-Li Yam, Sitti Rahma Abdul Hafid, Hwee-Ming Cheng, Kalanithi Nesaretnam

Malaysian Palm Oil Board, 6 Persiaran Institusi, Bandar Baru Bangi, 43000, Kajang, Selangor, Malaysia.
Lipids (Impact Factor: 2.56). 09/2009; 44(9):787-97. DOI:10.1007/s11745-009-3326-2 Source: PubMed

ABSTRACT Tocotrienols are powerful chain breaking antioxidant. Moreover, they are now known to exhibit various non-antioxidant properties such as anti-cancer, neuroprotective and hypocholesterolemic functions. This study was undertaken to investigate the anti-inflammatory effects of tocotrienol-rich fraction (TRF) and individual tocotrienol isoforms namely delta-, gamma-, and alpha-tocotrienol on lipopolysaccharide-stimulated RAW264.7 macrophages. The widely studied vitamin E form, alpha-tocopherol, was used as comparison. Stimulation of RAW264.7 with lipopolysaccharide induced the release of various inflammatory markers. 10 mcirog/ml of TRF and all tocotrienol isoforms significantly inhibited the production of interleukin-6 and nitric oxide. However, only alpha-tocotrienol demonstrated a significant effect in lowering tumor necrosis factor-alpha production. Besides, TRF and all tocotrienol isoforms except gamma-tocotrienol reduced prostaglandin E(2) release. It was accompanied by the down-regulation of cyclooxygenase-2 gene expression by all vitamin E forms except alpha-tocopherol. Collectively, the data suggested that tocotrienols are better anti-inflammatory agents than alpha-tocopherol and the most effective form is delta-tocotrienol.

supermusic

Established Member
Reaction score
What is the lifespan of a dermarroller?. When should be replaced with a new one?

4 weeks using dermaroller, and from the third week I'm noticing good results.

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
What is the lifespan of a dermarroller?. When should be replaced with a new one?

3 weeks with results, I hate you and 2young, I have been shedding since 3rd week now at 6, just goes to show how everyone is different

nicefella

Established Member
Reaction score

I think people may consider "results" differently. What kind of results supermusic? Like hair getting thicker or ...

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
3 weeks with results, I hate you and 2young, I have been shedding since 3rd week now at 6, just goes to show how everyone is different

As far as I'm concerned, the Jason5 & PrettyFly83 results along with the microscopic pics Squeegee has been posting have been the best proof I've seen that this works. For me, I don't see all that much of a difference when people with grown-out hair are posting pics after just a few rolls. It's too early to see much difference there and it's all down to personal opinion. People may want to believe they are seeing cosmetic difference at 6 or 7 weeks but I'd have to suggest that's wishful thinking on their part.

Dermarolling results in new hairs coming through which are pretty short and fine. It takes time for them to grow out, thicken and darken. There may be a degree of thickening of existing hairs, but overall it's going to take time for the real cosmetic changes to come. At these early stages, you really need to see the scalp in this kind of close-up, near-microscopic detail to be sure that those changes are really happening.

...and trust me....the changes are happening. :jump:

nicefella

Established Member
Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned, the Jason5 & PrettyFly83 results along with the microscopic pics Squeegee has been posting have been the best proof I've seen that this works. For me, I don't see all that much of a difference when people with grown-out hair are posting pics after just a few rolls. It's too early to see much difference there and it's all down to personal opinion. People may want to believe they are seeing cosmetic difference at 6 or 7 weeks but I'd have to suggest that's wishful thinking on their part.

Dermarolling results in new hairs coming through which are pretty short and fine. It takes time for them to grow out, thicken and darken. There may be a degree of thickening of existing hairs, but overall it's going to take time for the real cosmetic changes to come. At these early stages, you really need to see the scalp in this kind of close-up, near-microscopic detail to be sure that those changes are really happening.

...and trust me....the changes are happening. :jump:
Chromeo are you using minoxidil as well? No finasteride right?

Status
Not open for further replies.