New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
i actually went out and bought the pills, was going to make the solution as described by caspers in the cet thread but after reading thru the thread i decided it wasnt worth it and did not seem to be effective, I may be wrong but the thread died with no real results

leocolon

Reaction score
Hi I am Argentine. not speak English is so hard for me to understand, use a translator! I can say with washed his head after completing the roll? I Started 4 days ago, and roller wash it with alcohol and very hot water. My head does not wash because I did not have many blood points.

Thanks and greetings to all!

Help!! :D

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

Hola, sí se puede lavar el cabello después de usar el derma de rodillos, Espero generalmente 10-15 minutos después.

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
lol if you focused your energy defending squegee all the time on growing hair back you'd be at a norwood 0. we are all one big dysfunctional family just trying to regrow our hair. i had my fair share of beef with squeegee but in the end when i post pics i know he'll benefit from it and if he post pics (finally) i'll definitely be looking forward to see his.

swingline the video u post with ur gf is helpful to people who are new and dont know how hard to roll or how much blood to draw, i think u might be the only member on this board that actually loaded a video up rolling so dont listen to them

I don't defend anyone I'm just tired of the girly fear and doubt. There should be none of that girlyness here in a community trial just results and research. That fear doesn't do anything and it's not needed given the people who have shown progress knowing it takes time and you need to be patient. I defend patience and a positive attitude.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Tocame las nalgas, conprame una seboya pa ponertelo en el culo tuyo.

LOL!

- - - Updated - - -

I don't defend anyone I'm just tired of the girly fear and doubt. There should be none of that girlyness here in a community trial just results and research. That fear doesn't do anything and it's not needed given the people who have shown progress knowing it takes time and you need to be patient. I defend patience and a positive attitude.

Exactly!:salut:

K

karankaran

the people who call others names talking about positive attitude wow.. and "squeegee" saluting it ,, the person who has used the most abusive language is the one talking about supporting patience and +ve attitude... I was on the bandwagon of DRing and now i am not coz ppl here have turned this thread into a fanatic ideology that needs to be defended at any cost... if it is an "experimental" thing, why get so offended when ppl question it... it is working for u SO WELL, so why bother...if something was working for me and some one questioned it, I would like "Eh, his loss!" ...but NO.. HOW DARE ANY1 ASK ME A QUESTION...AND IT IS NOT JUST ABOUT DRING...some nut jobs here were demeaning science in its entirety and when 2 members took on them, they were called names and chased out too... Can i abuse too...yeah but i will not do it... because if i do, what will be the difference between me and a bunch of mentally impotent bullies....

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
the people who call others names talking about positive attitude wow.. and "squeegee" saluting it ,, the person who has used the most abusive language is the one talking about supporting patience and +ve attitude... I was on the bandwagon of DRing and now i am not coz ppl here have turned this thread into a fanatic ideology that needs to be defended at any cost... if it is an "experimental" thing, why get so offended when ppl question it... it is working for u SO WELL, so why bother...if something was working for me and some one questioned it, I would like "Eh, his loss!" ...but NO.. HOW DARE ANY1 ASK ME A QUESTION...AND IT IS NOT JUST ABOUT DRING...some nut jobs here were demeaning science in its entirety and when 2 members took on them, they were called names and chased out too... Can i abuse too...yeah but i will not do it... because if i do, what will be the difference between me and a bunch of mentally impotent bullies....

Karankankakakak..can you just shut the f*ck up.. for a few pages at least.. Not happy here? start your own thread with the other useless members so you can virtually suck on each others coc*k.. black list me in your control panel.. or get the f*ck out. you such a kid... quit and get out.:salut:

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
Mach,

What does coconut oil do exactly in the context of scalp wounding?

Mach- do you have any updates?

I had a fresh coconut today and feel a noticeable difference in the way my scalp feels and the texture of the hair.

Does anyone have any experience or results with coconut or coconut based products/supplements? Any studies you remember reading?

It seems like it could play a role...

buddyebsen1

Reaction score
Me too, anyone using Cet with minoxidil with rolling?

I started Cet once a day about a month ago along the other things in my regimen. Like Casperz a few years ago, I want to try everything I can to grow hair and I am cautiously optimistic about the results I'm seeing - and a bit excited. I can't be sure if the Cet is helping or if it is a synergistic effect but it takes less than a minute to apply so I will keep using it. BTW - I am new to this site but I'm not a novice to fighting hairloss as I have been doing so for over 30 years and have tried more treatments than most of the posters here - and each for a long time (been on minoxidil since 1984 - before it was OTC). Except for the first year that I was on finasteride back in 1995, this is the first time that I believe my hair is thicker than it was before. I think the dermarolling may be the key - the verdict is not in yet but I feel the jury is definitely leaning our way.

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
I started Cet once a day about a month ago along the other things in my regimen. Like Casperz a few years ago, I want to try everything I can to grow hair and I am cautiously optimistic about the results I'm seeing - and a bit excited. I can't be sure if the Cet is helping or if it is a synergistic effect but it takes less than a minute to apply so I will keep using it. BTW - I am new to this site but I'm not a novice to fighting hairloss as I have been doing so for over 30 years and have tried more treatments than most of the posters here - and each for a long time (been on minoxidil since 1984 - before it was OTC). Except for the first year that I was on finasteride back in 1995, this is the first time that I believe my hair is thicker than it was before. I think the dermarolling may be the key - the verdict is not in yet but I feel the jury is definitely leaning our way.

Welcome aboard! I'm sure that your views and experience will be invaluable to the group.

Cet is definitely at the top of my list of things to incorporate into my regimen.

In your experience, what are the top 5-10 things everyone should take a close look at?

Thanks!

buddyebsen1

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! I'm sure that your views and experience will be invaluable to the group.

Cet is definitely at the top of my list of things to incorporate into my regimen.

In your experience, what are the top 5-10 things everyone should take a close look at?

Thanks!

For me, minoxidil was the first thing that worked a bit but that's because there was nothing else at the time; I have never stopped using it. I used proxiphen for a few years but too expensive for minimal results. finasteride definitely works for me but it did start to lose it's effectiveness but I still use it. Also, I made my own laser comb. It gets little respect but I can tell you that my hairloss started to diminish when I started using it; no regrowth but noticeably less daily loss in the shower. I made a helmet that I still use a few times a week. Azaleic acid topically I mix myself and still use.

Sorry to ramble but to answer your question. About 18 months ago I was using just minoxidil and finasteride daily and added dutasteride (0.5) just once a week - do a search on this as there is a medical article on it. This I feel was working but I had to quit to do sides - severe fatigue but is something you may want to try. I would add 5000 mcg biotin internally as I think this is helping, definitely more hair on other parts of my body as well. I use keto cream a few times a week and use retin-A almost daily to aid absorption. But I'm most excited about dermarolling. I use the stamp. All of the treatments I use are very cheap and can be purchased on-line or in a local store. I am good about applying them daily but I do so quickly as part of a routine.

Unfixable

Reaction score
But I'm most excited about dermarolling. I use the stamp. All of the treatments I use are very cheap and can be purchased on-line or in a local store. I am good about applying them daily but I do so quickly as part of a routine.
Which stamp are you using? :)

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
For me, minoxidil was the first thing that worked a bit but that's because there was nothing else at the time; I have never stopped using it. I used proxiphen for a few years but too expensive for minimal results. finasteride definitely works for me but it did start to lose it's effectiveness but I still use it. Also, I made my own laser comb. It gets little respect but I can tell you that my hairloss started to diminish when I started using it; no regrowth but noticeably less daily loss in the shower. I made a helmet that I still use a few times a week. Azaleic acid topically I mix myself and still use.

Sorry to ramble but to answer your question. About 18 months ago I was using just minoxidil and finasteride and added dutasteride (0.5) just once a week - do a search on this as there is a medical article on it. This I feel was working but I had to quit to do sides - severe fatigue but is something you may want to try. I would add 5000 mcg biotin internally as I think this is helping, definitely more hair on other parts of my body as well. I use keto cream a few times a week and use retin-A almost daily to aid absorption. But I'm most excited about dermarolling. I use the stamp. All of the treatments I use are very cheap and can be purchased on-line or in a local store. I am good about applying them daily but I do so quickly as part of a routine.

Thanks for your recommendations.

I definitely agree with you on the laser not getting the respect it deserves. Is it going to magically cure hairloss by itself? Probably not- but that doesn't mean that it can't be a part of the equation. I'm using a basic laser comb and recently started pressing down and moving the scalp in small circles to try to help loosen up the galea manually. What do you think of that idea?

I was interested in building my own helmet- for one I would probably use it more regularly because of ease of use vs having to devote 15 minutes full-time to moving a laser around your head.

I was not aware of Retin-A increasing absorption- that is something that I recently added. I have heard of people using it a few times a week. I also recently added HLA a few times a week. What do you think the difference between that and azelaic acid?

I bought an ebook a few months ago called 300 cheap hair loss products and recently ordered a few dozen products recommended in there. I found best prices on puritans pride and swansons.

Keto shampoo made my scalp feel a lot worse so I dropped it. It just didn't seem to be for me- I know it works well for many others though. I was not aware of the cream and may look into that.

I ordered a stamp and also ordered several other rollers (1080 needles, different lengths, different brands) to see if I find one that works better for me. I think that experimenting a little bit with this might bring potential improvement of efficiency in this area. The only thing I am wary of is going full in with anything over 2MM as I have heard that this is the depth at which scars begin to be formed. But that would have to be a full-in 2MM- so maybe 2 MM lightly, however topical rolling is the same regardless of length the needles are if they're not being pressed in so you may as well be using .2 if youre just scratching the surface.

I have never heard of Proxiphen- surely it can't be any more expensive than good fish oil?

And I also agree that dermarolling is certainly the motor for providing better results than have ever been seen before. Hopefully we can put the pieces together around this and have a true vehicle for hair restoration.

buddyebsen1

Reaction score
Which stamp are you using? :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Derma-Micro...1785?pt=US_Skin_Care&var=&hash=item27d4cf2ce9

I'm in the US and ordered from them (make sure you scroll down). I meant to order the larger one but got the small pen one by mistake. I kept it and use it (1.5 mm). I do each press very quickly and move throughout the scalp in about a minute. I do about ten passes while I'm watching TV and then check the mirror to see if I need to give a bit more attention to any area. Hurts a bit but not bad and no hair gets tangled. BTW, they are so cheap, you may want to get both a large one and the pen stamp to see which one you like better.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your recommendations.

I definitely agree with you on the laser not getting the respect it deserves. Is it going to magically cure hairloss by itself? Probably not- but that doesn't mean that it can't be a part of the equation. I'm using a basic laser comb and recently started pressing down and moving the scalp in small circles to try to help loosen up the galea manually. What do you think of that idea?

I was interested in building my own helmet- for one I would probably use it more regularly because of ease of use vs having to devote 15 minutes full-time to moving a laser around your head.

I was not aware of Retin-A increasing absorption- that is something that I recently added. I have heard of people using it a few times a week. I also recently added HLA a few times a week. What do you think the difference between that and azelaic acid?

I bought an ebook a few months ago called 300 cheap hair loss products and recently ordered a few dozen products recommended in there. I found best prices on puritans pride and swansons.

Keto shampoo made my scalp feel a lot worse so I dropped it. It just didn't seem to be for me- I know it works well for many others though. I was not aware of the cream and may look into that.

I ordered a stamp and also ordered several other rollers (1080 needles, different lengths, different brands) to see if I find one that works better for me. I think that experimenting a little bit with this might bring potential improvement of efficiency in this area. The only thing I am wary of is going full in with anything over 2MM as I have heard that this is the depth at which scars begin to be formed. But that would have to be a full-in 2MM- so maybe 2 MM lightly, however topical rolling is the same regardless of length the needles are if they're not being pressed in so you may as well be using .2 if youre just scratching the surface.

I have never heard of Proxiphen- surely it can't be any more expensive than good fish oil?

And I also agree that dermarolling is certainly the motor for providing better results than have ever been seen before. Hopefully we can put the pieces together around this and have a true vehicle for hair restoration.

I think most of the treatments I use have some value as well as other nutrients and supplements. I do think there is a synergistic effect which is greater than the sum of the parts. But dermarolling just may be the catalyst which we've needed to improve results. But I'm still reserving judgement as I've learned this is a marathon, not a sprint. I am happy with slow, steady improvement.

Unfixable

Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Derma-Micro...1785?pt=US_Skin_Care&var=&hash=item27d4cf2ce9

I'm in the US and ordered from them (make sure you scroll down). I meant to order the larger one but got the small pen one by mistake. I kept it and use it (1.5 mm). I do each press very quickly and move throughout the scalp in about a minute. I do about ten passes while I'm watching TV and then check the mirror to see if I need to give a bit more attention to any area. Hurts a bit but not bad and no hair gets tangled. BTW, they are so cheap, you may want to get both a large one and the pen stamp to see which one you like better.

I couldn't order from that store because I'm located in South Korea so I ordered from a different seller and bought 2 big ones (Looks exactly same like in your link). Paid around 50$ for both including shipping.
Thanks for your help :)

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on topical protein to help with the wound healing?

I know it was touched on earlier in the thread, but has anyone had any advances in signaling the stem cell to trigger hair follicle vs. skin production?

Status
Not open for further replies.