New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
guys i keep shedding only 2 hairs at shower. if it keeps like that i am going bald in 10 million years. s hit

Haircules

Reaction score
@buddyepsen1 very rich posts, thank you!

In a scale from 1 (no bleeding) to 10 (much bleeding) how much do you bleed?
Doesnt the stamp go stub after some time? For the roller it happens much later i think because it has much more needles?!

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
newer pics right temple started to kick in ...iam just 55 days since starting this
comparison 3 week-8week.jpgDSC07534.jpgDSC07536.jpgDSC07537.jpgDSC07538.jpgDSC07542.jpg

i notice
-decrease in crown volcano
-hairline regrowth very slow but with a nice step
-hair is more vivid
-existing hair is twice thick
-shedding is gone
-galea elasticity sustains
-behind ear arteries are wider
-hair feels thicker when i wipe fingers trhough,

now i know that it is obvious the improvement. people that refuse to see it consider prk eye surgery. i did it and i see like an eagle.its les side possibility than lasik.

i switched the protocol to this.

-wounding with a roller almost super heavy weekly.
-reducing minoxidil by 40% that is i skip 3 applications before and 3 after the wounding.
-for two days after wounding i massage the trauma and the wound reopens it pains more than wounding in the first place,

keep wounding guys until we find the ultimate protocol.

[video=youtube;YThcnPf3wKg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YThcnPf3wKg[/video]

this summer i am heading again to cephalonia and i am telling you i m gonna be hairy wet or dry like this dude

its not a fiction we wound some months and we can be like them Alpaca-Derp-Computer-Hd-Wallpapers.jpg

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
minoxidil adds up and inhibits collagen production i dont want an aged face in the name of hair.despite that i believe its useless these days due to wound healing time stages,. and ofcourse i want to be sure that i dont improve due to minoxidil itself.but that ofcourse is not rasonal its just for me ya know.
nice results broooo!

explanation of why not using minoxidil before and after?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
minoxidil adds up and inhibits collagen production i dont want an aged face in the name of hair.despite that i believe its useless these days due to wound healing time stages,. and ofcourse i want to be sure that i dont improve due to minoxidil itself.but that ofcourse is not rasonal its just for me ya know.

Roll your face as well!:salut: I

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone considered using laser with dermarolling, what are your thoughts squeegee as well as others I know it will activate something with the light.

also does anyone know the difference between violet ray and laser?

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
my 7th roll? today with emla creme and new zgts roller.

-nearly no pain(but pain starts in that area where u roll like 2-5mins later,so bad to reroll)
-i didnt draw that much blood(i wonder,maybe due to emla?
-erythma is red like a tomato but i think its a good sign

zgts dermaroller needles are also parallel ,while my other dr roller(5$) needles arent parallel in one line

closetmetrosexual

Established Member
Reaction score
I started Cet once a day about a month ago along the other things in my regimen. Like Casperz a few years ago, I want to try everything I can to grow hair and I am cautiously optimistic about the results I'm seeing - and a bit excited. I can't be sure if the Cet is helping or if it is a synergistic effect but it takes less than a minute to apply so I will keep using it. BTW - I am new to this site but I'm not a novice to fighting hairloss as I have been doing so for over 30 years and have tried more treatments than most of the posters here - and each for a long time (been on minoxidil since 1984 - before it was OTC). Except for the first year that I was on finasteride back in 1995, this is the first time that I believe my hair is thicker than it was before. I think the dermarolling may be the key - the verdict is not in yet but I feel the jury is definitely leaning our way.

How do you 'take' your Cet?
Just drop a few pills into the Minoxidil bottle?
How many?

Thanks.

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
Mach- do you have any updates?

I had a fresh coconut today and feel a noticeable difference in the way my scalp feels and the texture of the hair.

Does anyone have any experience or results with coconut or coconut based products/supplements? Any studies you remember reading?

It seems like it could play a role...

Really no updates. I lurk on this thread from time to time and it's gotten to be a waste of time. Although I would like to contribute more It's not worth it.

Coconut oil is ok. I apply the second day after DR. Hair seems healthier and darker. I use Coconut oil because it's what I cook with and easy to get. even use it after I shave.

Something I've incorporated is Ball Rolling 2-3 times a week. I've drop DR back to once every 2-3 weeks because I'm on the go so much. I use a TP Factor Massage Ball (Yes you have to press hard). Google Graston Technique. Not exactly DR but the next thing IMO. Graston Technique does work on injuries so instead of blasting my head open I'll try this.

I wish you guys would knock off the youtube vids in your post. Half you guys act like you're 2 years old. Squeegee has some great ideas and always 5 steps ahead of me on my research. If he would put more effort into applying his knowledge instead of trying to debate ideas he would be dangerous. He even said it best "I have nothing to proved to anyone on here". So why even debate? Say your idea and sit down. There is no structure to this experiment so why bother debating and wasting time.

buddyebsen1

Reaction score
@buddyepsen1 very rich posts, thank you!

In a scale from 1 (no bleeding) to 10 (much bleeding) how much do you bleed?
Doesnt the stamp go stub after some time? For the roller it happens much later i think because it has much more needles?!

It's hard to put a number on the amount of bleeding. Definitely not a 10 with copious amounts of blood like I've seen in a few other posts: I just don't think that's necessary. I do it until there is light bleeding all over. Not just tiny dots but not large drops that run off my scalp. Somewhere in the middle. The next day there are small red scabs hidden by my hair that flake off after 4-5 days.

So far the stamp is still working fine, first used in on Sept. 15.

- - - Updated - - -

any quantity tips? :) how much cet to how much water :D

50 tablets (10 mg each) in 50 ml water (I use distilled). I read this somewhere earlier in this thread, I believe. I think it was posted by Casperz. He is my hero as he has posted the most dramatic photos of hair growth. From nearly slick bald, even and he is closer to my age as well. Very inspiring that the follicles stay alive, maybe forever.

- - - Updated - - -

closetmetrosexual

Established Member
Reaction score
Azaleic acid topically I mix myself and still use.

I have some azelaic acid myself.
But have find it incredibly hard - if not impossible - to incorporate into any topical.
It needs like 100ml pure ethanol to dissolve as little as 20mg azelaic acid.

How do you go about it yourself?

buddyebsen1

Reaction score
I have some azelaic acid myself.
But have find it incredibly hard - if not impossible - to incorporate into any topical.
It needs like 100ml pure ethanol to dissolve as little as 20mg azelaic acid.

How do you go about it yourself?

I use this method http://advinfoprod.com/hair_formulas_17.htm You could also simply add it to minoxidil (go back to his home page) but I like to use it separately. I use it right after I get out of the shower to a damp scalp and then apply minoxidil a few minutes later. AA does seem to coat the hair a bit to make it cosmetiically thicker for me which is a nice bonus.

K

karankaran

1)"Wounding through DRing" is talking about regeneration through activating cells already present in the scalp, even after balding.

2) Magensium ascorbyl phosphate (MAP) with MSM (MSM to increase permeability through scalp) can help increase IGF-1 and decrease dkk-1 EXPRESSION.

3) I feel it is the most practical topical for IGF-1 and DKK1 coz unlike capsicin, it will not burn immensely after DR and unlike L-the-ornate, it is more easy to make a topical i guess , Plus twin benefits in ONE.

4) REDUCING DKK might enable the cells in the scalp that are used to "regenerate" hair follicles after DermaRolling.

I think a topical like this will help a lot.
Using it twice after Derma Rolling. I might try it.

Reference:
http://www.tissuesupport.co/articles/MSM_HairGrowth2009.pdf
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19416266
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20701628

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]In medical circles sometimes apoptosis (programmed cell death) or angiogenesis (growth of new blood vessels) is discussed as "cause" of spontaneous regression. But both mechanisms need appropriate biochemical triggers and can not be caused on their own. To the contrary, in many cancer cells apoptosis is defective, angiogenesis is activated, both caused by mutations in cancer cells; cancer exists because both mechanisms are malfunctioning.[SUP][5][/SUP][/FONT]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spontaneous_remission

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]How do you create a new cellular tissue pattern? You change its magnetic structure. There are systemic instructions you can give your cellular structure to build new tissue that was never there before. I've told you this many times in the past and here it is again. There'll come a day when you can grow back an arm and a leg. How? All you have to do is to give DNA new systemic instructions. The old instructions tell it to only accomplish this in the womb. Change the instructions!
[/FONT]
http://www.kryon.com/k_channel10_Moscow1_.html

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
COX is the enzyme responsible for creating the prostaglandins, kind of like 5AR is responsible for the formation of DHT. Cox is a family of enzymes including COX 1 2 and 3. In some environments (like asthma) COX 1 can induces PGD2, in others, PGD2 induction is primarily due to COX 2. This is the reason why I think that selectively targeting either one is a shot in the dark.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20880055

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14698037

Ibuprophen strongly inhibits both COX 1 and 2 (which will certainly block PGE2), the other thing is that its half life is relatively short.

One of the reason I think the calcitriol analogue helped me is that it strongly inhibits COX2 (at least in the prostate) and significantly upgulates wnt/bcatenin in the hair follicle.

http://ar.iiarjournals.org/content/26/4A/2525.abstract

That said, I wonder why people think that using propylene glycol or alcohol as a vehicle for a substance like cetirizine that has an insanely high water solubility is a good idea :wow: I mean, water is used to dilute substances like PPG and enhance their skin permeability (for solution that are PPG soluble, but not water soluble). But for something that is crazy water soluble like cet, given that water, having only a molecular weight of about 18 g/mol and already permeates extremely easily through the skin, why would you mix it with anything that might interfere or waste the disolved substance in the first place? 8O

2Young- fyi you might find this useful.

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
I was starting to see some aging over the past 12-18 months due to increased stress & pressure and minoxidil may have played a role, specially over the past several months. However, a month or two ago I began dermarolling my face as well. I figured why not if you have the roller disinfected sitting right there already and the one side-effect that could be argued is the aging. Anyhow, I have been using emu oil consistently along with an organic moisturizer on and off. I added mederma to work on a few old scars a month ago and also added Retin-A about a month ago as well with sporadic HLA usage. Not that I was ever really paying very close attention to aging and skin on my face but I don't think it has ever looked any better. It is notably impressive how much the dermarolling affects your skin. I didn't go as hard as I do on my scalp, but did try semi aggressive with numbing cream 1.5mm rolls every week or few weeks with light .5mm sporadically in between. All I can say is wow.

- - - Updated - - -

thank you i might add some stuff when i finish the study in a way

In regards to mixing Cet though- it sounds like distilled water definitely is the way to go although it looked like you were headed in that direction already. Great job with the deep rolling (is it too early to call it a micro hair transplant?). Did your lymph nodes subside? I have had a bump on my vertex for a few years and my doctor told me not to worry about it because it was only a little bump of grease residue, etc. and it would go away but it is still there. I just recently had one smaller one form a few cms behind my hairline too. I'm thinking I might get them checked out and possibly push to have them removed. Maybe the additional wound would be good for additional hair growth plus they are annoying- and definitely slightly tender as you roll over them...

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.