New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
Sweet man, will try the no-momentum slow lifting technique, been hearing a lot about it. Calorie intake is my biggest problem. If i may ask, what do you use Hydrocortizone Cream for?

I just found it helped with inflammation so I put it on my scalp but I have heard many reports saying that it doesn't work long-term although I personally felt as though it gave me a short term boost then and I feel as though it has now over the past few weeks since I started using it again.

And for lifting- there are way too many people lifting weights way too fast. The point is to get blood flow to the muscles. Once you start getting close to Arnold stage is the only time when you should incorporate momentum to get heavier weights up.

Maybe we can draw a parallel to going slow and deep during derma-rolling here? The thing is that for me I have to roll fast back and forth several times before I can little by little get down deeper into the dermis and then at that point I really press hard and slow back and forth. This is where I get to the point where I have to stop because blood starts dripping down into the eyes...

- - - Updated - - -

Are you for real?... the most a bodybuilder have be able to out in just one month is 13 pounds... and that is using steroids!

Because a bodybuilder is already getting marginalized returns. From day 1 to day 30 is your greatest growth phase. ;)

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
I just found it helped with inflammation so I put it on my scalp but I have heard many reports saying that it doesn't work long-term although I personally felt as though it gave me a short term boost then and I feel as though it has now over the past few weeks since I started using it again.

And for lifting- there are way too many people lifting weights way too fast. The point is to get blood flow to the muscles. Once you start getting close to Arnold stage is the only time when you should incorporate momentum to get heavier weights up.

Maybe we can draw a parallel to going slow and deep during derma-rolling here? The thing is that for me I have to roll fast back and forth several times before I can little by little get down deeper into the dermis and then at that point I really press hard and slow back and forth. This is where I get to the point where I have to stop because blood starts dripping down into the eyes...

- - - Updated - - -

Because a bodybuilder is already getting marginalized returns. From day 1 to day 30 is your greatest growth phase. ;)

agree with that last statement, I put on over 15lbs in my 1st month of liftng a couple yrs ago, I was 40, I used wheybolic 60 from gnc, has everything In it

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
So back to the original question- is nutrition a critical component that we are missing or is it playing a factor in scattering the results?

And if so, what is proper nutrition for wound healing?

Fruits, vegetables, vitamin c, msm or even better organic sulfur, protein?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Really cool read on Angiogenesis.

Abstract

Angiogenesis is the growth of blood vessels from the existing vasculature. The field of angiogenesis has grown enormously in the past 30 years, with only 40 papers published in 1980 and nearly 6000 in 2010. Why has there been this explosive growth in angiogenesis research? Angiogenic therapies provide a potential to conquer cancer, heart diseases, and more than 70 of life’s most threatening medical conditions. The lives of at least 1 billion people worldwide could be improved with angiogenic therapy, according to the Angiogenesis Foundation. In this little book, we provide a simple approach to understand the essential elements of the angiogenic process, we critique the most powerful angiogenesis assays that are used to discover proangiogenic and antiangiogenic substances, and we provide an in-depth physiological perspective on how angiogenesis is regulated in normal, healthy tissues of the human body. All tissues of the body require a continuous supply of oxygen to burn metabolic substrates that are needed for energy. Oxygen is conducted to these tissues by blood capillaries: more capillaries can improve tissue oxygenation and thus enhance energy production; fewer capillaries can lead to hypoxia and even anoxia in the tissues. This means that angiogenic therapies designed to control the growth and regression of blood capillaries can be used to improve the survival of poorly perfused tissues that are essential to the body (heart, brain, skeletal muscle, etc.) and to rid the body of unwanted tissues

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK53242/

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
@hairregrowth: no way 15 pounds in a month pure muscle mass.btw i wouldnt go to hard with training.lifting triggered my male pattern baldness more than anything else.high doses of proteins arent that good also .just saying

Nutritions? I d say Vitamin c ,d and b12.some zinc , green tea and maybe taurine.curcumin should be also good

PS: going today for a new roll with new zgts and numbcreme :wub: .im not doing 100% pressure, but i ll roll much longer and much More tiny holes.guess this results in Mord skin shedding, since i got the most skim shed with a 540 needle one rolling long ( but wouldnt recommemd it, pulls all hair out)

vladut50

Reaction score
I say my scalp is ITCHY to all hell (could be healing, or maybe a small infection now, who knows)
Do you wash your roller with hot water and strong alcohol before and aftter rolling? You might want to wipe your scalp with a tissue with alcohol, if that doesn't hurt.

My progress in less than two months of dermarolling. I also started finasteride and minoxidil two weeks before I started rolling. I've shared the first pic before, but the second provides another view. The shots on the left are from 10/17 and on the right from 12/5. I think it's significant for this short amount of time, especially considering I had no luck a few years ago while on the big 3 for over a year. I only ever saw more vellus hairs back then.

*Updated...I added a third pic that even lines up the freckles/moles, so there is no doubt.

View attachment 22901View attachment 22902View attachment 22903

Great progress. Shaving your head definitely helps with rolling and minoxidil applying.

So back to the original question- is nutrition a critical component that we are missing or is it playing a factor in scattering the results?

And if so, what is proper nutrition for wound healing?

Fruits, vegetables, vitamin c, msm or even better organic sulfur, protein?

I think supplements are very important. I take raw bee pollen, it has many vitamins we find in hair supplements.

BeliefISKEY

Established Member
Reaction score
Preface: there has been no rigorous testing into what if anything dermarolling does to the scalp and to affect one's incidence of androgenic alopecia! There's but one study on the subject, and to my knowledge its results have not been reproduced.

My opinion: Dermarolling, when coupled with regular applications of 5% minoxidil, seems to at least partially reverse male pattern baldness in at least some cases. I've posted my pictures elsewhere, and I'm pretty convinced the 1.5mm, 192-needle dermaroller is helping me.

I don't understand that advice about "work your way up," as it doesn't seem medically sound.

There are actually a few studies... You act like they CAN'T reproduce the same results. I firmly believe Dermarolling can help cure everybody... Also, in regards to you thinking it can only "partially reverse male pattern baldness some cases, please tell me what you're basing this on? I don't think anybody on here has dermarolled for at least 6 months-1 year. male pattern baldness takes a whike to fu** you up and so it'll take a while to reverse. No big deal. All I kniw is, is that blood flow is key and Dermarolling is GREAT at inducing blood flow in several different ways. So is minoxidil (I wouldn't use it though) Oh & btw, people who have dermarolled without minoxidil have gotten good results as well, just slower results.

I believe there was a study that confirmed that Dermarolling creates new vascularity (form of remodeling)... We're wounding here for Christ sakes.... I'm sure there are many other things guys like squeege can touch on about Dermarolling and it's effects on the scalp. I mean, it's common sense lol wounding is known to cause new terminal growth via several factors.... Most, if not all of the people i've seen on various different forums are obtaining great results with DR. Casperz has never gotten a break until now, & if he caught a break ANYONE can.

Squeege, if you don't mind can you post some useful studies you know of that confirm the things you talk about (ie: When you say "Dermarolling remodels the scalp") I believe in it 100% and it's common sense, but seeing a few studies will be kind of cool for the new guys on here...

Mybad if you posted some before. I nearly read the whole forum but I forgot half the sh** by now lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you wash your roller with hot water and strong alcohol before and aftter rolling? You might want to wipe your scalp with a tissue with alcohol, if that doesn't hurt.

Great progress. Shaving your head definitely helps with rolling and minoxidil applying.

I think supplements are very important. I take raw bee pollen, it has many vitamins we find in hair supplements.

Supplements can be important since blood flow is the main key to the solution. We now know that we are lacking proper blood flow & DHT the damage here. Every effective male pattern baldness treatment I've seen had something to do with either inhibiting DHT or restoring proper blood flow to the scalp... Even emu oil promotes blood flow.

So in short: Yes, supplements can be good because it ENHANCES the quality of the blood (increases oxygen count etc), vascular system, etc. & supports healthy cell function/regeneration, healthy collagen production etc. But yea.... unless you have an internal issue of some or whatever, diet won't help reverse male pattern baldness at all. I'll say one thing though: It can help greatly with inflamnation & we all know how bad inflammation is when it comes to plain male pattern baldness.

I think a good diet can help slow down male pattern baldness for sure but, it isn't a MUST when it comes to curing it. However, if you incorporate a good diet into your regime you will def. speed up your results.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
reporting from hair planet.

first day post 8th roll.
galea seems very red.
galea hurts with the slightest pull push massage almost unbearable.
hair very dry and upwards.
noticed some hairs 3 times longer than the rest and 3 times at least thicker at their base in comparison with their end.
noticed some hair in my white hat.(its -5 c here and i couldnt stand the cold i hope i didnt increase the infection factor)

comming back soon:salut:

[video=youtube;BuMBmK5uksg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuMBmK5uksg[/video]

BeliefISKEY

Established Member
Reaction score
swing i am not even 2 month yet. could you imagine if i could get ton of improvement in like 50 days it would be a magical cure.

the thing that you see more blood means that your galea was bricked and you didnt have enough circulation to the follicles. its a very good sighn

EXACTLY DUDE. The galea needs to be loosened up... Lots of people don't get the science behind that.

- - - Updated - - -

Another crybaby, nobody is hyping anything up we cannot turn crybabies to men. We are posting research and are getting results. Some people just expect overnight cures. This forum would be better without turds like those, but forgive me I know you guys want to be cured.

+1

- - - Updated - - -

i had decent hair at the start and still do, but it's worse than it was. not attributing that to dermarolling, but it's definitely not helping my hairline very quickly, that's all i know.

i press hard, my scalp is pretty bloody when i'm done but not as bloody as yours. it definitely does SOMETHING but i've basically followed the study for 4 months and have not improved my hairline at all, just want people to know that. we need more time to really evaluate the treatment.

- - - Updated - - -

lol what the **** are you reading bud? nobody is hyping this up? ok... guess you're on bizzarohairlosstalk.com

i said it works but it takes a long time. isn't that... wait... yes, that's the exact opposite of expecting an overnight cure.

and **** your research and your results, post pics if you want to prove something. don't sit there and point to study after study and then say you're getting results if you won't post photographs of the results. it's complete bull**** and makes everything else you do look ridiculous. ****s like you are the exact reason i started the "dermarolling results only" thread on this forum.

again, i APPLAUD the guys who are posting pics of their actual results. i have no problem with guys posting research. i have a bunch of problems with the same people saying they're getting hairline regrowth WITHOUT showing pics to prove it. somebody has to pull their ****ing card and it's gotta be me i guess..

Hey Concepia, how are you bro, SHUT UP lol. It's very obvious that you're very uniformed when it comes to several different things.

1) PrettyFly it whatever has posted pics with impressive results

2) Casperz has posted pics with being impressive results

3) There are a Ton of positive anecdotes from people who gain nothing by lying.

4) I'm pretty sure squeege will update us soon since his shed is over and done with. I paetialt agree with you on the photos part but I only dislike when people say they're going to post photos but never do. Otherwise than that nobody really owes us ****.

3) Every legit treatment includes a SHED you moron... You're over here saying people like us are "hyping" things up and jumping into conclusion way too early by calling this a cure, yet you're complaining because you're only FOURRRR months into this treatment & you THINK you're seen regression? Lol if you knew anything about reversing male pattern baldness you would know that shedding ks the beginning of this "cure" & a POSITIVE sign you genius. Please don't point the finger at people when you clearly don't know wtf you're talking about when it comes to male pattern baldness. You don't have any room to say people are overhyping this when you're over here wondering why you're "regressing" lol. Stop.

PS: There are more than 2-3 people who have obtained results, check the forum a bit more. I've seen several different people reporting temple/hair line growth, they just aren't as active as the 2-3 main people you are referring to.

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
These posts are derailing the thread. Yes rolling w/ minoxidil is helpful and has had great results for some people, there is no cure for male pattern baldness... you have to find treatment(s) that work for you.

Is anyone applying cetirizine as well?

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score

jesus christ i am going to commit suicide really.

for the last time its not dermarolling but wounding enough. people in the past were rolling and by that they just increased delivery of minoxidil or the topical they were using. WOUNDING IS TOTAL DIFFERENT MECHANISM THAT TAKES ACTION. it is NOT due to increased absorption of topicals

<font size="7"><u>[video=dailymotion;xjj2l]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xjj2l_tip-drill_fun[/video]
you have to injury the galea and dermaroller with 192 needles 1.5mm and more seems to tear up the cells enough for our bodies natural healing mechanism to initiate and by that the place where we wounded(dermarolled hard but not "dermarolled") turns into a superior biochemical enviroment with things like platelet,stems,growth factors,remodelling normalization of pgd levels and new vessels through angiogenesys which treat male pattern baldness like a b itch and promote hair growth,HF neogeneys,hair regrowth,increased blood supply to galea and anagen cycle reset . now we apply minoxidil while the wound heals because minoxidil is helping in the normalization of pgd levels.

thats what homie cotsarelis says . i believe because the needles DRILL the dermal papila we might get a cure here cause dermal papila holds various hair growth genes,

so brothers DRILL TIP DRILL

GoodToBeRich

Reaction score
I've seen a couple of questions/comments recently about cleaning or rinsing the roller with hot water. Just a heads up that, after cleaning with alcohol, it is safer to rinse the roller with distilled or even cold tap water. Bacteria exists in your water heater and can increase the risk of infection. For those interested in avoiding that. :)

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
Look up the studies that high pgd2 levels **** up any WIHN aswell as low pge2 levels does too.just roll and everything is fine, 10000 studies were alrdy posted here so why ask the same stuff again.if it is now angiogenesis , wihn, loose galea or growth factors...who cares, but dermarolling IS beneficial( except if u gonna geht ur scalp full of scars ^^)

[video=youtube;KUZm_eN9LCE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUZm_eN9LCE[/video]

get it bloody!

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
WOUNDING IS BENEFICIAL and that is not dermarolling i am just saying that people that do it at home must press enough to injury the galea i am not a phrase policeman its just that the concept is on hole new basis .already people are trying to find and bring up studies that back up dermaroller. you see? they miss the point. they have to understand that we use the roller in order to wound not in order to increase absorb.

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
any1 who uses numbing cream is taping the forehead/temples after using the creme with transparency?

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
People are like..why Squeegee keep losing his **** all the time.. You are the best example.. Ok listen:

8) I am sick of repeating myself, this is why I have a temper, nobody is forcing you to stay and get your momma derma rolling your head every week. I don't sell ****, I don't own this thread, I have nothing to prove to you, stop dropping my name or blaming me I am not your ****ing mom. I don't wanna hear about your bitching..It is an experimental treatment,not happy with it... just ****ing quit.. just **** off

Then just dont answer, but being an arrogant rude bastard doesn't help either.
Honestly being irate doesn't assist in getting more people on board to really test anything and see results. And if thats not what you're looking for then just stop posting period.
IMO (for what its worth, "oh you contribute nothing to this thread mer mer mer swear swear cuss") you would want to answer some questions, and be a bit more open with people even if it is repetative because the more people trying this the more you can get R&D.
There is NO science behind this. There is theory, in order to consider it science you need R&D and a majority of results.
You need different scenarios. People using finasteride+minoxidil, people using only minoxidil, people using neither with the rolling.

I think the best option for images is really what I have. A ****ty blog post with my images updated as I go. Its too easy to have media get lost in a thread like this.
If you feel you are repeating maybe update your very first post on the first page and direct people there if you still have edit access.

Maybe Jlyncher who started the actual thread (if hes still around) could update the first original post with some updated info.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Then just dont answer, but being an arrogant rude bastard doesn't help either.
Honestly being irate doesn't assist in getting more people on board to really test anything and see results. And if thats not what you're looking for then just stop posting period.
IMO (for what its worth, "oh you contribute nothing to this thread mer mer mer swear swear cuss") you would want to answer some questions, and be a bit more open with people even if it is repetative because the more people trying this the more you can get R&D.
There is NO science behind this. There is theory, in order to consider it science you need R&D and a majority of results.
You need different scenarios. People using finasteride+minoxidil, people using only minoxidil, people using neither with the rolling.

I think the best option for images is really what I have. A ****ty blog post with my images updated as I go. Its too easy to have media get lost in a thread like this.
If you feel you are repeating maybe update your very first post on the first page and direct people there if you still have edit access.

Maybe Jlyncher who started the actual thread (if hes still around) could update the first original post with some updated info.

LOL. I am just another member on here. Like I said before.. black list me in your control panel.. I could care less about your input dumbass.. I am not here to save everybody's hair and recruit people.. If you don't believe in the treatment just **** off.. Feel like I am everybody's mom and I adopted too many retarded kids.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
LOL. I am just another member on here. Like I said before.. black list me in your control panel.. I could care less about your input dumbass.. I am not here to save everybody's hair and recruit people.. If you don't believe in the treatment just **** off.. Feel like I am everybody's mom and I adopted too many retarded kids.

I think you want to believe all this. In your head I think you feel if you left then this thread would fall apart but really I doubt to many would notice. You want to think everyone on here is screaming your name like a raging fan, probably due to some meaninglessness of your outside life, but you create that for yourself.

Honestly if you didn't care about saving people hairlines and feel so "overwhelmed" then you would belligerently answer every new person's or second guesser's OPENLY available posts..... you know all the posts not even mentioning you..... that you answer...... even tho you are SOOOO overwhelmed with adopted kids...... shetstain.

You didn't even start the thread, one of but you weren't the first person in and since then all I can see from your past posts are copied and pasted paragraphs from other sources.

I dont give enough of a **** to black list you. I actually get a kick out of your pre pubescent rage rants.

Status
Not open for further replies.