New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
bro, ur reactions here are far FAR from "sitting with your laptop laughing at starbucks." u genuinely get pissed and let it ruin ur day. conpecia has a right to post his results, just cause they arent successful doesnt mean he should get ****ted on.

remember, theres a difference between "bitching" and not seeing results and sharing that on this forum

Danawhite, you are another pure example of useless member! Yes, it doesn't have results? so what? don't blame it on me He dropped my name and started attacking me LOL you guys are bunch of kiddos ...Dana you mom is calling you.. Dinner is ready! I don't own you ****. I don't sell f"ck all.. I don't care about your feelings about me or this experimental treatments.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you haven't followed this thread enough?

View attachment 22900

Odalbalk. back on the scene like Batman!

danawhite1

Established Member
Reaction score
sigh...you are right squeegee i am a useless member. be right back ill copy and paste some stuff to make myself useful

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
sigh...you are right squeegee i am a useless member. be right back ill copy and paste some stuff to make myself useful

Cool.. I'll be more than happy to read it! :coffee:

slam1523

Banned
Reaction score
K so I think I'm a little confused with how derma rollers are measured... When you guys say to get a roller that's 1.5mm does that mean the length of the needles are 1.5mm or that's the diameter of each needle on the roller? My cousin is ordering me one from her office and she seems to be under the impression that the 1.5mm means diameter not length... Why do people keep talking about how deep you need to reach with your roller to press hard if the 1.5mm represents the diameter, and not the length?

- - - Updated - - -

I've been teasing squeegee's posts for some time and he obviously understands how inflammation works better than me... The dermatologist my cousin world for told her that 1.5 may cause so much inflammation it may be counter productive, and it may be a good idea to work you way up to that by starting smaller first... Again going back to my last post if the 1.5mm represents diameter why is creating a wider, but not deeper wound more effective? I understand it if you wanted to make the wound deeper to penetrate the dermis, but why wider?

- - - Updated - - -

Reading not teasing... Sorry I'm writing this from my cell phone... Sorry for so many posts too!

GoodToBeRich

Reaction score
My progress in less than two months of dermarolling. I also started finasteride and minoxidil two weeks before I started rolling. I've shared the first pic before, but the second provides another view. The shots on the left are from 10/17 and on the right from 12/5. I think it's significant for this short amount of time, especially considering I had no luck a few years ago while on the big 3 for over a year. I only ever saw more vellus hairs back then.

*Updated...I added a third pic that even lines up the freckles/moles, so there is no doubt.

10-17 and 12-05 2.jpg10-17 and 12-05.jpg10-17 and 12-05 3.jpg

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
My progress in less than two months of dermarolling. I also started finasteride and minoxidil two weeks before I started rolling. I've shared the first pic before, but the second provides another view. The shots on the left are from 10/17 and on the right from 12/5. I think it's significant for this short amount of time, especially considering I had no luck a few years ago while on the big 3 for over a year. I only ever saw more vellus hairs back then.

View attachment 22901View attachment 22902

Impressive results! you should add some Glycolic acid to your derma rolling session.. 30% 10 minutes.. rinse....

TheHandsomeLurker

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been teasing squeegee's posts for some time and he obviously understands how inflammation works better than me... The dermatologist my cousin world for told her that 1.5 may cause so much inflammation it may be counter productive, and it may be a good idea to work you way up to that by starting smaller first

Preface: there has been no rigorous testing into what if anything dermarolling does to the scalp and to affect one's incidence of androgenic alopecia! There's but one study on the subject, and to my knowledge its results have not been reproduced.

My opinion: Dermarolling, when coupled with regular applications of 5% minoxidil, seems to at least partially reverse male pattern baldness in at least some cases. I've posted my pictures elsewhere, and I'm pretty convinced the 1.5mm, 192-needle dermaroller is helping me.

I don't understand that advice about "work your way up," as it doesn't seem medically sound.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
They are talking about length. Most people did work their way up from .5 to 1.5 some even like 3.0.

I am at 3.0mm and love it. But everybody should start with a 1.5mm 192 needles not 540.

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
If you don't come here with the knowledge and the right attitude toward this experimental treatment..then you'll see the weakness popping out.. bitching.. doubts,"what ifing" then, they will start attacking the people that still believe in the treatment, promoting it or having results with.. It is a normal cycle. I seen it all.. Just sit here with my laptop and Starbuck laughing..:coffee:

Simple as that. Let's move forward

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
Preface: there has been no rigorous testing into what if anything dermarolling does to the scalp and to affect one's incidence of androgenic alopecia! There's but one study on the subject, and to my knowledge its results have not been reproduced.

My opinion: Dermarolling, when coupled with regular applications of 5% minoxidil, seems to at least partially reverse male pattern baldness in at least some cases. I've posted my pictures elsewhere, and I'm pretty convinced the 1.5mm, 192-needle dermaroller is helping me.

I don't understand that advice about "work your way up," as it doesn't seem medically sound.
I'm not advising him on what he should do; I'm just providing him with the information. But it would be wise to work your way up in different sizes because everyone is different. Squee found out 3.0 is good for him, but he would of never found that out if he didn't work his way up.

slam1523

Banned
Reaction score
Thehandsomelurker the fact that she told me 1.5mm represented diameter not length speaks values as to his knowledge regarding needling... He said work my way up because if I inflamed the scalp too much that it would be counter productive... I think this goes bavk to something like what a doctor said to 2young when his nodes grew... Doctors aren't educated enough in things that aren't FDA approved in many instances. That's why I thought if try asking in here... Squeegee I was planning on the 1.5mm 192 needled roller... Looking at the 3mm rollers I think id need to kiss another mans wife and get knocked unconscious to tolerate the pain rollers that long are capable of! Thanks for the help guys!

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think the differences and similarities are between wound healing and muscle rebuilding?

Do you think there are any similarities that might be able to be drawn?

The average person takes 6-8 months to get in shape, the average results here can be seen fully in the same time-frame. However, I know I can put on 15 pounds of muscle in less than a month. I wonder what it would take to get similar hair growth results...

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Thehandsomelurker the fact that she told me 1.5mm represented diameter not length speaks values as to his knowledge regarding needling... He said work my way up because if I inflamed the scalp too much that it would be counter productive... I think this goes bavk to something like what a doctor said to 2young when his nodes grew... Doctors aren't educated enough in things that aren't FDA approved in many instances. That's why I thought if try asking in here... Squeegee I was planning on the 1.5mm 192 needled roller... Looking at the 3mm rollers I think id need to kiss another mans wife and get knocked unconscious to tolerate the pain rollers that long are capable of! Thanks for the help guys!

Get some good numbcream. I am using NumbFast and it works really good.

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
15 pounds of muscle in less than a month? Damn, what's the secret?

Slow lifting, no momentum, feel the blood rush enter the muscles. Good routines. Meals every 3 hours 40% protein, 40% complex carbs, 20% healthy fat and fruits and veggies on top of that. Take in 4,000-6,000 calories a day. No cardio to burn hard-earned calories. No more than 4 workouts a week.

All natural no creatine or Nitric Oxide or NoXplode or any of that stuff.

I just ordered organic hemp protein, soy protein and ON whey and I'm going to try upping my protein intake for a while to see if it makes any difference...

I'm not lifting now, haven't for over a year but now that I think of it- my success during my period with Folligen, Tricomin, Rogaine, Essential Oils, S5 and Hydrocortizone Cream came during one of those periods when I was lifting and eating heavy...

nicefella

Established Member
Reaction score
Slow lifting, no momentum, feel the blood rush enter the muscles. Good routines. Meals every 3 hours 40% protein, 40% complex carbs, 20% healthy fat and fruits and veggies on top of that. Take in 4,000-6,000 calories a day. No cardio to burn hard-earned calories. No more than 4 workouts a week.

All natural no creatine or Nitric Oxide or NoXplode or any of that stuff.

I just ordered organic hemp protein, soy protein and ON whey and I'm going to try upping my protein intake for a while to see if it makes any difference...

I'm not lifting now, haven't for over a year but now that I think of it- my success during my period with Folligen, Tricomin, Rogaine, Essential Oils, S5 and Hydrocortizone Cream came during one of those periods when I was lifting and eating heavy...

Sweet man, will try the no-momentum slow lifting technique, been hearing a lot about it. Calorie intake is my biggest problem. If i may ask, what do you use Hydrocortizone Cream for?

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
swing maybe yes who knows. this or dat its good sign anyway.
so i just did my 8th roll. i feel kinda dizzy although i rolled less hard than 7th and back.

i have to report i bleed even easier. i call my 8th roll a success cause after whiping and cleaning it it turned reddish as if you get punched so this clearly says that stems are being released all over.hairline commes in strong crown closes slowly the rest hair doesnt shed and is thicker . i am slightly reducing minoxidil per dosage as of tomorrow this time.

here are some pics of my today milder roll but yet a success. lol my arteries behind ears just started pumping more blood i can sense them exercising.

View attachment 22896View attachment 22897

Good stuff!

It might not be a bad idea to drink orange or cranberry juice during your rolling sessions as you get further into it and bleed more...

I had the same attitude as you about the temples but then last week I magically spotted a random dark hair in the middle of my left temple! I can feel the skin on my temples loosening up as though they are getting ready to go into hair growth mode so I am going to continue.

[video=youtube;RYnFIRc0k6E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYnFIRc0k6E[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.