New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
But instead of rolling ur whole life u can roll some months and then going for anti inflammatory stuff ( pg blockers , nsaid etc etc ), so u can block the inflammation To get back To the follicle

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DSC07389.jpg-->DSC07419.jpg-->DSC07493.jpg-->DSC07501.jpg----------> Alpaca_-_Raalte_(1).jpg?my lymph nodes around neck and ears decreased by half. almost fifth day post severe wounding from rolling. :) i am postponing my next roll by two days or so. we ll see.

[video=youtube;DdCH6q5cNTk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdCH6q5cNTk[/video]

opti

Established Member
Reaction score

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 22672-->View attachment 22676-->View attachment 22673-->View attachment 22674----------> View attachment 22675?my lymph nodes around neck and ears decreased by half. almost fifth day post severe wounding from rolling. :) i am postponing my next roll by two days or so. we ll see.

[video=youtube;DdCH6q5cNTk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdCH6q5cNTk[/video]

can I ask though is your hair getting longer?
It seems like its just growing more than thickening but I cant really tell since it is just a pic.
Good luck, I did a quick roll on my temple region last night (QUICK) just to see if I would bleed more but nope. A few specks but no real blood. And man I Was pushing hard. My skin barely even stays red long.
Could my head just be resilient a bit to this? I mean I am getting in there.
Tonight Im going to do my second roll. I know its soon since my last time but I want to try and make thrusadays my nights so Im okay to go out for the weekend.
Im letting my GF take out aggression on my head and really get in there. She 4-11 but has the hand force of a 42 year old construction worker..... freaky.

Wiggle

Reaction score
I tried a harder roll last night along the front hairline. I'm definitely going as far in as I can, I'm bottoming out the needles. I'm getting lots of bloody spots (I prob had about 25-30 along the hairline). But they seem to heal easily and I get no redness otherwise. Is this normal? It is a 192 needle 1.5mm roller.

baldnesssadness

Established Member
Reaction score
derma22.jpgderma1.jpg

This is my baseline, i didnt go hard with the dermaroller like did before.

I started this back in the end of august and dermolled without any problems for 6 weeks. I noticed the dermaroller wasnt as sharp as before so i decided to buy a new one which took a long time for delivery and in that time i bought some kirkland minoxidil from ebay. Which also took a very long time. So because of this **** i delayed dermarolling for 1,5 months.

20131205_142420.jpg 20131205_142431.jpg

I started again last week .

These are the results of this week where i went berzerker on my temples , notice the left side has much mess wounding compared to the right side. I tested the theory before in the first 6 weeks, i dermarolled my right side untill i saw blood and my left side became only red and irrated.

Yesterday i dermarolled my temples with equal pressure. Right side got more blood and left side was very little as you can see.

Results: more hair on right temple much less on left.

Squegee's theory proves right. Thank you Wolverine, you might be an outcast in xmen. But here we love you, you crazy canadian metal fetishist. you're the best there is at what you do, but you do isn't very nice :)

Jokes aside, thanks for contributing in this forum squeegee without you i don't many of us would be interested in dermarolling.

And now i will end this forum post with a song, a song that is not ****ty and from the period where hiphop was gold.

AND PRINCEZZZZZZZ WHERE ARE YOU MAN?

[video=youtube;uB1D9wWxd2w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB1D9wWxd2w[/video]

Last edited:

CharlesXavier

Reaction score
So why does everyone keep blaming dht? Dam im lost now all ive heard is dht is one of the main culprits of male pattern baldness, isnt this one of the targets for propecia and minoxidol?

- - - Updated - - -

So suplementing with estraidol is a no no? Is it a cream or what? Yes i have heard many good things from progesterone, in fact i started supplementing with it, it hasnt done much for my male pattern baldness but this is probably due to fibrosis and all that collagen in my scalp this is were derma rolling kicks in...im still interested in that estraidol any medical reviews on it or experiments on male pattern baldness?

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
just came again from pathologist, he kept saying that the dermarolling study has no merit cause is indian. then i said to him the desarda hernia repair is also indian but is the best in the world then he got angry and started telling me s hit about his publications. then i said him i finished GTA V in two days and then he didnt have what say and i left. :)

i mean ......

- - - Updated - - -

[video=youtube;KnEXrbAQyIo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnEXrbAQyIo[/video]

its getting faster longer at the same time as it gets thicker too. platelet and angiogenesys boost growth rate and regrowth ofcourse.
It seems like its just growing more than thickening but I cant really tell since it is just a pic.
Good luck, I did a quick roll on my temple region last night (QUICK) just to see if I would bleed more but nope. A few specks but no real blood. And man I Was pushing hard. My skin barely even stays red long.
Could my head just be resilient a bit to this? I mean I am getting in there.
Tonight Im going to do my second roll. I know its soon since my last time but I want to try and make thrusadays my nights so Im okay to go out for the weekend.
Im letting my GF take out aggression on my head and really get in there. She 4-11 but has the hand force of a 42 year old construction worker..... freaky.

bhobho

Reaction score
hello guys, any news from jason5? At the beginning he got great results. It 's been a while since i read about his hair :D

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
just came again from pathologist, he kept saying that the dermarolling study has no merit cause is indian. then i said to him the desarda hernia repair is also indian but is the best in the world then he got angry and started telling me s hit about his publications. then i said him i finished GTA V in two days and then he didnt have what say and i left. :)

i mean ......

- - - Updated - - -

[video=youtube;KnEXrbAQyIo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnEXrbAQyIo[/video]

its getting faster longer at the same time as it gets thicker too. platelet and angiogenesys boost growth rate and regrowth ofcourse.

Whats odd is that as soon as this became a big topic here, I happened to have hand surgery and I had around 50 hairs sprout around wound and my other hand has maybe 2 hairs in same area, they are all thick and long

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;GaoLU6zKaws]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaoLU6zKaws[/video]

i also have around the same number of hairs on the stomach a small erea where i got hit by cars door.
Whats odd is that as soon as this became a big topic here, I happened to have hand surgery and I had around 50 hairs sprout around wound and my other hand has maybe 2 hairs in same area, they are all thick and long

buddyebsen1

Reaction score
I give up on dermarolling without a numb cream... its too painfull

guys a question about numb cream

The ones you are using is 2% lidocaine... can i use 5 % lidocaine when i'm dermarolling?

so i guess you apply numb cream wait a couple of minutes and let it absorb and then dermaroll? dont you wash the numb cream before dermarolling since maybe it can get in the blood system because of wounding?

Im sure its safe but would be really comforting with a answer.

It depends on the particular cream, I guess.
The one I have (Dr.Numb), you have to apply it, wait 2 hairs for the effects to set in, then roll. (I wash my skin before rolling, so as to avoid unnecessary absorption of said cream)

I really recommend the dermastamp for reduced pain - you may not need any numbing cream. I bought the small pen sized one by mistake (1.5 mm). I wanted the larger one but this works well. It stings but you move so quickly to the next spot that I find it more convenient, less painful, and faster than the roller. I do it while watching TV for a few minutes, just shotgunning all over my scalp several times. I then look in the mirror and go over any areas that don't have light bleeding. It works well for me and I can easily tolerate the discomfort. No hair pulled, either. Worth considering, IMO.

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I wouldn't take him too seriously tbh. He's enthusiastic and that's great, but he's a bit manic about it. It's not really possible that he'd see that much of an improvement in just six weeks, it takes a lot longer than that. I think it's just growing out a bit. It'll take quite a bit more time before we see actual results imo.

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any nutrition ideas before dermarolling?

Pizza for fat cells?

Please no one say the S word.

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
View attachment 22686View attachment 22687

I started this back in the end of august and dermolled without any problems for 6 weeks. I noticed the dermaroller wasnt as sharp as before so i decided to buy a new one which took a long time for delivery and in that time i bought some kirkland minoxidil from ebay. Which also took a very long time. So because of this **** i delayed dermarolling for 1,5 months.

View attachment 22684 View attachment 22685

These are the results of this week where i went berzerker on my temples , notice the left side has much mess wounding compared to the right side. I tested the theory before in the first 6 weeks, i dermarolled my right side untill i saw blood and my left side became only red and irrated.

Yesterday i dermarolled my temples with equal pressure. Right side got more blood and left side was very little as you can see.

Squegee's theory proves right. Thank you Wolverine, you might be an outcast in xmen. But here we love you, you crazy canadian metal fetishist. you're the best there is at what you do, but you do isn't very nice :)

Jokes aside, thanks for contributing in this forum squeegee without you i don't many of us would be interested in dermarolling.

And now i will end this forum post with a song, a song that is not ****ty and from the period where hiphop was gold.

[video=youtube;uB1D9wWxd2w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB1D9wWxd2w[/video][/QUOTE

So you really noticed a difference on the 2 sides huh, I look at that as great news, did you really just serenade squeegee lol

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I wouldn't take him too seriously tbh. He's enthusiastic and that's great, but he's a bit manic about it. It's not really possible that he'd see that much of an improvement in just six weeks, it takes a lot longer than that. I think it's just growing out a bit. It'll take quite a bit more time before we see actual results imo.

Awe c'mon chromeo don't be hating on my boy 2young, I think I can see a little more coverage even with it being longer, besides hes a couple months into it so its possible for a little improvement

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
Awe c'mon chromeo don't be hating on my boy 2young, I think I can see a little more coverage even with it being longer, besides hes a couple months into it so its possible for a little improvement

Lol, no no I'm not hating on anybody, it's good that he thinks he is getting somewhere. It just needs to be tempered a little. I wouldn't want any of the noobs reading this to be 6 weeks into the study and feeling discouraged because don't have any "thick donkey hairs" whatever the hell that means. :punk:This is a long-term treatment not an overnight solution.

Just keeping it real. :salut:

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.hairloss-research.org/blog/?p=102

The following article, from a Massachusetts General Hospital publication validates what we posited, based on evidence several years ago. Despite the position of orthodox medicine, which states that circulation has absolutely nothing nothing to do with Androgenetic Alopecia, there appears to be much evidence to the contrary. DHT-mediated inflammation damages and deprives follicles of blood and nutrients. A study in Japan found that blood flow to the scalp of young men diagnosed with androgenetic alopecia (male pattern baldness) was 2.6 times lower than in the normal control group. A research team at L’Oreal’s subsidiary, Inneov, identified diminished circulation as a critical element of the balding process that needs to addressed in the treatment process, if one is to obtain cosmetically significant results.
Diminished peripheral circulation has also been implicated in what is termed “senescent” or age related thinning, a universally occurring condition that results in thin, wispy, see-through hair, that is common in both genders in their late 50’s and beyond. This is a type of hair loss that occurs independent of, though is often in a worse case scenario juxtaposed on, Androgenetic hair loss.
Androgen-induced inflammation can wreak havoc on micro-circulation in male pattern baldness, and is the reason inflammation looms so problematic. Countering inflammation and enhancing or preserving micro-capillary circulation, can often successfully prevent further hair loss and re-grow hair in varying degrees, precluding the need to resort to the cruder approach of having to use often side effect laden anti-androgens, such as Propecia, Avodart,or Spironolactone.

Transcutaneous PO2 of the scalp in male pattern baldness: a new piece to the puzzle.

Goldman BE, Fisher DM, Ringler SL.
Source

Department of Plastic Surgery, Butterworth Hospital, Grand Rapids, Mich., USA.

Abstract

Our study was designed to measure the transcutaneous PO2 of the scalp to determine if there was a relative microvascular insufficiency and associated tissue hypoxia in areas of hair loss in male pattern baldness. A controlled prospective study was performed at Butterworth Hospital, Grand Rapids, Michigan. Eighteen nonsmoking male volunteers aged 18 years and older were studied. Nine men had male pattern baldness (Juri degree II or III), and nine were controls (no male pattern baldness). Scalp temperature and transcutaneous PO2 were obtained at frontal and temporal sites in each subject. Peripheral circulation was assessed from postocclusive transcutaneous PO2 recovery time by means of maximum initial slope measurements. Statistical significance was assessed at p < 0.05. There was no significant difference in scalp temperature between male pattern baldness subjects and controls. Temporal scalp blood flow was significantly higher than frontal scalp blood flow in male pattern baldness subjects; however, there was no significant difference in controls. Transcutaneous PO2 was significantly lower in bald frontal scalp (32.2 +/- 2.0 mmHg) than in hair-bearing temporal scalp (51.8 +/- 4.4 mmHg) in men with male pattern baldness. In controls, there was no significant difference in transcutaneous PO2 of frontal scalp (53.9 +/- 3.5 mmHg) and temporal scalp (61.4 +/- 2.7 mmHg). Transcutaneous PO2 also was significantly lower in the frontal scalp of male pattern baldness subjects (32.2 +/- 2.0 mmHg) than in either frontal or temporal scalp of controls (53.9 +/- 3.5 mmHg and 61.4 +/- 2.7 mmHg, respectively). There is a relative microvascular insufficiency to regions of the scalp that lose hair in male pattern baldness. We have identified a previously unreported tissue hypoxia in bald scalp compared with hair-bearing scalp.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 22686View attachment 22687

View attachment 22684 View attachment 22685

[video=youtube;uB1D9wWxd2w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB1D9wWxd2w[/video]

Many thanks bros! Keep it real! Keep on rolling!:salut:

Dominik

Reaction score
<p>
For the guys who've had some success, do any of you not take finasteride and minoxidil at all and just do the derma rolling? I've had some amazing regrowth with finasteride and minoxidil and am basically good to go with my hair getting much thicker and being planted like rocks in my scalp impossible to pull out, but I'm afraid I've got some brain fog from the two since two weeks. But I don't want to lose everything I've gained. But the brain fog is really not worth it. If any here had success just dermarolling I might give it a shot and drop the either the finasteride, the minoxidil, or both. I might have just saved it and have been getting nonstop compliments from females on how great my hair is looking but the brain fog simply isn't worth it. Hmm, brain fog and having girls hit on you or no brain fog and feeling bald? How about the best of both worlds. :(</p>

slam1523

Banned
Reaction score
Hi guys I just have a quick question... I'm going to start trying this, but I initially just wanted to start with my hairline then work my way throughout the rest of my head if i'm able to see some results from this... Based on everything I've read from posts squeegee has posted (Thanks a ton by the way it has really helped) I feel confident that I will soon be rolling my whole head... My question is have any of you noticed a difference between using the stamp, and using the roller? A stamp just seems like the easier tool to use to target, but is it's effectiveness any different? Squeegee I know you were going to try using the stamp, have you tried it yet? Any thoughts, or opinions in response would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!

vladut50

Reaction score
Maybe if you try lowering the minoxidil and finasteride dose you will no longer feel the fog. Let's say you apply only 0.5ml of minoxidil and take less finasteride. If you quit both and start using only the derma roller, my opinion is that you will lose most of the hair you gained.

Status
Not open for further replies.