New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Hi guys I just have a quick question... I'm going to start trying this, but I initially just wanted to start with my hairline then work my way throughout the rest of my head if i'm able to see some results from this... Based on everything I've read from posts squeegee has posted (Thanks a ton by the way it has really helped) I feel confident that I will soon be rolling my whole head... My question is have any of you noticed a difference between using the stamp, and using the roller? A stamp just seems like the easier tool to use to target, but is it's effectiveness any different? Squeegee I know you were going to try using the stamp, have you tried it yet? Any thoughts, or opinions in response would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!

Slam.. I did ordered the stamp.. it is in the mail.. Cannot really report anything on it yet.. I think with the roller, it is easier to cover the whole head without missing any areas and probably spread the "wounding" more evenly.. instead of stabbing yourself randomly with the stamp! We need to get the angiogenesis going as much as possible. I just received a 192 needles 3.0mm derma roller. I will give it a try tomorrow and report results.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe if you try lowering the minoxidil and finasteride dose you will no longer feel the fog. Let's say you apply only 0.5ml of minoxidil and take less finasteride. If you quit both and start using only the derma roller, my opinion is that you will lose most of the hair you gained.

I really think that finasteride can be beneficial with the derma roller if you don't mind the sides. It will probably results in a faster reversal. Once your hair are back, drop the finasteride and maintain your results with one or 2 rolls a month. That could be a good plan. I really think that once your hair are back, minoxidil and finasteride can be dropped because normal vascularity would be back in your scalp pumping blood to the roots as per any normal human being. Monthly maintenance with the roller to keep your gain. Finasteride is not mandatory to get results with Micro-Needling. A lot of members proved it already on here and got awesome regrowth myself without it.

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
Its strange that some hair grow dark and thick while other most healthy hair are growing out white and thin.could it be because of less bloodflow To those hair?

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
second roll last night.
more blood this time, which is good i guess.
Let the little lady tear up the ol noggin a bit but I think she was enjoying it a bit TOO MUCH, especially when she started using one hand to grab and hold under my chin to force it up into the roller harder. We have a small vid I may put up if I can get her to send it to me.

heres some pics. In person it appeared to be A LOT more blood.

I did it last night around 6pm and still put minoxidil in this morning (not last night). Wonder if I should wait longer before putting minoxidil in my hair cause it seemed to burn a bit.

Redness goes away VERY fast.

photo+1.JPG

photo+1-1.JPG

photo+3-1.JPG

Attachments

• photo+1.JPG
    photo+1.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 478

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
bump friends. people keep commenting my hair :):):):):):)

swingline747 roll all directions and be sure to have full coverage of blad area with the roller. i believe slightly harder and you are good ;)

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
bump friends. people keep commenting my hair :):):):):):)

swingline747 roll all directions and be sure to have full coverage of blad area with the roller. i believe slightly harder and you are good ;)

I Was rolling all directions. It may take some more times to get it to really bleed. Should I do this weekly or every two weeks?
I went to use the bathroom at work and saw my hair mattted in the mirror. Its SO thin its depressing. I had to run my nails through it like a comb to fluff it up.

I want to beleive this will help but truly I think it will be another dead end. 2young are you using finasteride as well?

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
it will help.

no man no finasteride never. this is the first ever treatment. some times i skip some minoxidil application. i believe minoxidil plays a role the first 5 days

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
it will help.

no man no finasteride never. this is the first ever treatment. some times i skip some minoxidil application. i believe minoxidil plays a role the first 5 days

Did you just start minoxidil? Im trying to really find out if you started seeing results primarly after incorporating the rolling.

Im going to keep it up since its really no skin off unless I get an infection.

Last night I kept a small cup of rubbing alchohol next to me and every few rolls or so I Would dip it and shake it off just to try and keep it clean. Think this is a good or bad idea?
I was curious if the alcohol would have any negative effect on the hair follicle.

Wish I could start a CT group on this lcoally to just help each other roll lol

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i do the same to keep it clean. good idea. although the previos one had skin stick to it lol and i threw it away/. i order like 5 rollers before starting. no no. the study is the first ever treatment for me. i had tried minoxidil lone in the past with no results for a month only sides and i stopped. like a year back so it doesnt count rght?

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
I saw the best results during the first four weeks when I was applying emu oil and black castor oil an hour after rolling and twice a day immediately after that.

Yesterday I went back to that routine after several weeks of waiting for the inflammation to subside by itself for 24-72 hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Last night I kept a small cup of rubbing alchohol next to me and every few rolls or so I Would dip it and shake it off just to try and keep it clean. Think this is a good or bad idea?

I too dip it in the cleaning solution after running the blood out with hot water (I have hydrogen peroxide, saline, bio-friendly hand sanitizer and Benzalkonium chloride) but I do it after every roll. This is because I have blood start dripping down my face after every roll now so I need to take a break and stop the bleeding regardless.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i sent email to the pilot study professor miss Rachita Dhurat

i am asking her about the micronnedling group if we would dermaroll again after the 3 month every when we should do it. and also if it sure that the microneedling group after 3 month stopped minoxidil with dermarolling or stayed on minoxidil.
also what exact should be the pressure to roll and pics of my galea wounded and my results side by side.

lets see what she has to say if she answers ofcourse.

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
IMG_1669.jpgIMG_1670.jpgIMG_1671.JPGIMG_1672.jpgIMG_1673.jpgIMG_1675.jpgIMG_1676.jpg

October 2nd photos after 1.5 months of weekly rolling with 192 Needles at 1.5MM

Just seeing those front hairs gives me male pattern baldness itch...

Sorry for the duplicate post I was having internet issues.

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
IMG_1799.jpgIMG_1800.jpgIMG_1801.jpgIMG_1802.jpgIMG_1804.jpgIMG_1805.jpgIMG_1806.jpgIMG_1807.jpg
Start Date: August 15th
Pictures Date: December 5th
Roller Length: 1.5MM
Needles: 540
As you can see I roll hard back and forth, it usually takes 5 hard rolls before I am in and 7-10 before I get all the needles all the way in to where I can feel the hard deep crunching of Fibrosis. I then have to wipe it off with a kleenex otherwise it drips down and gets too messy. The tissues in the toilet you see are from the left half of the crown ONLY.

Looking at Octobers photos, even though the hair is obviously at a different length, I see more progress than I thought I had experienced.

- - - Updated - - -

i sent email to the pilot study professor miss Rachita Dhurat

i am asking her about the micronnedling group if we would dermaroll again after the 3 month every when we should do it. and also if it sure that the microneedling group after 3 month stopped minoxidil with dermarolling or stayed on minoxidil.
also what exact should be the pressure to roll and pics of my galea wounded and my results side by side.

lets see what she has to say if she answers ofcourse.

Great! It should be interesting to hear her feedback...

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone seen this article .....http://stemcellbaldnesscures.com/ha...ir/wound-healing-and-follicular-regeneration/

By studying wound healing at the cellular and molecular levels, the skin was observed to have the ability to revert to a more primitive or “embryonic” state as progenitor cells “migrate” to the wounded area, restoring the regenerative capacity of the skin not previously thought to occur in adults. The regenerative response includes new hair follicle formation, allowing new hair to grow at the restored site. A major part of the wound healing cascade is the release of growth factors and cytokines from stem cells into the layers of the scalp at the site of the wound. These growth factors and cytokines function like a light switch, turning on lost or decreased function of the hair follicle. - See more at: http://stemcellbaldnesscures.com/ha...follicular-regeneration/#sthash.IAeoEMnS.dpuf

also found this researching wounds and hair growth after seeing around 50 long thick hairs around my wound after I had hand surgery....

Back in December I was bitten by a spider on the edge of my hand, just below the last knuckle, and the bite became seriously infected. After a gush of gunk worthy of the pimple TMI thread in MPSIMS and a course of strong antibiotics, the infection finally cleared up. I now have a 1/4-inch scar where the bite was, and a patch of discolored skin the size of a quarter around it.

Now, I have always had a few fine hairs on the back of my hand that were not noticeable unless you looked closely. However, within that patch of discolored skin I now have a bumper crop of little hairs that, while still fine, are more noticeable owing to their abundance and slightly darker color than the other hairs on my hand. I would have thought that injury or trauma to skin cells would have damaged the hair follicles in the vicinity, but in this case they seem to have been stimulated.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 22718View attachment 22719View attachment 22720View attachment 22721View attachment 22722View attachment 22723View attachment 22724

October 2nd photos after 1.5 months of weekly rolling with 192 Needles at 1.5MM

Just seeing those front hairs gives me male pattern baldness itch...

Sorry for the duplicate post I was having internet issues.

these results are looking good looks like your filling in those areas keep it up

- - - Updated - - -

Just curious this happens to be the molecule growth trigger, FGF9. And you can buy it from here for $38 I'm thinking about trying it but can't afford right now, would anyone be willing to rub this powder on scalp after dermarolling? The sample is only available till December 31st so then you will end to buy 10 times as much so you would have to then spend $380 plus shipping, also does anyone know how much that is I don't know that language... http://www.sinobiological.com/FGF9-Protein-g-213.html

here is article about fgf9 http://www.united-academics.org/magazine/health-medicine/male-baldness-research/

But a research team at the University of Pennsylvania reported in Nature Medicine that they found a molecular pathway that stimulated hair follicle growth to a degree that could be therapeutic for baldness. The researchers found that a growth factor called Fgf9, which plays an important role in wound healing, stimulated these hair follicles in mice after an injury (see photo for a human hair follicle, left). In mice, the specific immune cell that Fgf9 is found in large quantities—and so is new hair after an injury. In humans, however, injuries result in scarring and no hair follicle growth, and the cell that produces Fgf9 is in short supply.
So, the scientists suggest, what if you could overexpress the various genes that ultimately produce Fgf9 in humans? If Fgf9 were produced in greater quantities in humans, it could stimulate the regeneration of hair follicles. Could this make us hairier? And does this process only work after an injury? Only further studies and the all-important clinical trial will tell.

Last edited:

Björn

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to chip in with a picture where I just rolled since there are not too many of those pictures out there. This is what it looks like for me before wiping away any blood (except for the blood that runs down my face). I use 192 pins, 1.5 mm and roll for perhaps 10-15 min, since I take some time to use a mirror to check proper coverage (sometimes it feels that I have gone deep enough in certain areas but when I look with a mirror that always the case). My picture looks similar to saintsfan92344's and, like him, I bleed much more now than I did a couple of months before20131207_012015.jpg

Björn

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to chip in with a picture where I just rolled since there are not too many of those pictures out there. This is what it looks like for me before wiping away any blood except for the blood running down my face. 20131207_012015.jpg I use 192 pins, 1.5 mm and roll for perhaps 10-15 min, since I take some time to use a mirror to check proper coverage (sometimes it feels that I have gone deep enough in certain areas but when I look with a mirror that is not always the case). As you see, my picture looks similar to saintsfan's second picture a couple of pages back and, like him, I bleed much more now than I did a couple of months ago.

thinlid

Reaction score
I just finished my first roll with a 192 1.5mm.
I was pushing as hard as I could and went over the thin area around 4times.
I dont nearly have as much blood as others.

Should I get a roller with longer needles or is this normal?IMG_0388.jpgIMG_0389.jpg

and how long after rolling does everyone wash their hair?

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
I just finished my first roll with a 192 1.5mm.
I was pushing as hard as I could and went over the thin area around 4times.
I dont nearly have as much blood as others.

Should I get a roller with longer needles or is this normal?View attachment 22745View attachment 22746

and how long after rolling does everyone wash their hair?

1.5 is what most use, every roll I bleed a little easier, its painfull but the concensus is roll hard or go home

Status
Not open for further replies.