New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I disagree, I just started using Nizoral again in the past two weeks and I have been seeing more regrowth than when I quit it 2 months ago. In fact, the primary reason I got back on Nizoral is because I felt I was losing ground when not using it. Besides nizoral is an antiandrogen(mild one) and we know that dht disrupts the WNT pathway(I could link several studies) which is a bad thing, I can't understand discouraging the use of Nizoral with minoxidil/dermarolling.

Because of its anti inflammatory action. I'm not going deeper on this as this has been discussed before, but if you are sure that Nizoral helped you to get better results, well, keep applying it.

Are you sure there's no benefit to using a dermaroll at all without minoxidil?

This was also a past discussion. Of course I wouldn't say it has literally zero effect if you don't use Minoxidil, but I'd encourage you to use it if you can or, at very least, look for an alternative (which I can't provide but some of the people here would be able probably).

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't usually buy into the scaremongering but this week I applied Minoxidil immediately after a heavy dermarolling session, and the next day when I was lying in bed I could feel my heart racing for no apparent reason whatsoever. Might just be a coincidence, but I think I'll be going back to the 24-hour wait before application.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't usually buy into the scaremongering but this week I applied Minoxidil immediately after a heavy dermarolling session, and the next day when I was lying in bed I could feel my heart racing for no apparent reason whatsoever. Might just be a coincidence, but I think I'll be going back to the 24-hour wait before application.

I applied immediately after and had no side effects.

Jlyncher

Established Member
Reaction score
Fwiw, I cut out the keto shampoos for weeks 3-7. Weeks 8-12 I used Regenepure on days 4 and 6, I feel this is a better regimen for me.

ganonford

Established Member
Reaction score
So... princessRambo, squeegee and Benjt... what are your opinions on the use of nizoral along this treatment...?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I hope you don't mean flipping a house and running into all kinds of problems :box:

hahahhahahahaahahha ! So far so good! 12 weeks in.. but shedding like an husky dog.. Wait and see!

Sparky4444

Reaction score

Yeah..it is no coincidence...Whenever I get heart palpitations, it's coupled with minoxidil use, everytime

jason5

Reaction score
For the record, after my derma rolling session.

IJb4jaw.jpg

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks jason5, that's useful visual documentation. Congratulations on your results so far, BTW.

(FWIW, in my case, I get the scalp that level of redness, but without so much bloodletting, most likely as I'm using a 0.5mm roller.)

Sounds like here and the BTT thread people are reporting sheds from dermarolling. If shedding is happening to you, what week did it hit you (as far as you can tell), and are you on finasteride or dutasteride at the moment?

jason5

Reaction score
Thanks jason5, that's useful visual documentation. Congratulations on your results so far, BTW.

(FWIW, in my case, I get the scalp that level of redness, but without so much bloodletting, most likely as I'm using a 0.5mm roller.)

Sounds like here and the BTT thread people are reporting sheds from dermarolling. If shedding is happening to you, what week did it hit you (as far as you can tell), and are you on finasteride or dutasteride at the moment?

Thanks, my few initial sessions resulted in almost no blood, but the last few sessions more and more blood dots are showing up. And yes, I believe I did get a shed around week 7, especially in the front where my hairloss is most pronounced. I'm not on finasteride or dutasteride. I only use minoxidil(0.3ml x 2 to avoid side effects)/Regenepure/Prox-n/Azleaic acid/semen(recent addition) and sometimes my laser helmet.

K

karankaran

I wanna lick that blood off ! OMG, whats with this urge for blood, this is new to me!!

closetmetrosexual

Established Member
Reaction score
... we briefly discussed about using Nizoral or similar along with dermarolling. The general agreement was not to use it at all (in fact I stopped) OR use it only after 3-4 days of the dermarolling (I don't support this idea but of course it's just my personal opinion).

Wut!?
Did I really miss that?
Did we really discuss not using Nizoral the first few days after rolling? (I've been using it daily for weeks now :thumbsdown:)

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
If any of you guys were truly bald, you would realize the futility of all this "experimentation".

HairShocka

Reaction score

Bombarie

Banned
Reaction score
Im Also at week 8 of Rolling! I allready used minoxidil mixed with ascj9 for the last 3,5 years an put mn2% on the hairline 2 times a week. I had good regrowed with this regime, only THE hairs on my temples stayed weak, but i could always Style my hair good and recession wasnt noticable!

i wanted to fill in my temples a bit more and let THE small hairs grow longer, so thats why i started Rolling like a boss till THE temples bleed like a pro! Then 24 hours later i resume my regime!

It looks like im losing ground fast now! Longer hairs on THE temples falling like THE leaves of the tree's in my backyard!

But...... Im Also noticing a ****load of very small vellus hairs among THE hairline, so im hoping this dermarolling is onlycausing a massive shed on my pumpkin and that i get THE full regrowed in a few weeks!

I cant believe that Rolling Will cause permanent loss!!!

so i'll keep Rolling like a pro!

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.